Options

I have a horrible confession to make...

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'm often afraid that the only real skill I've developed is cracking wise about video games.

Not exactly marketable.
    Not marketable at all, in fact
    uh well actually

I would submit a LP or something to MD but I'd need to have DE?AD there with me to comment alongside with me

And I'd also need time to do it

That second part is the kicker, really

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    and all you gotta do is be better than them, which is easy because they're shit

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm generally an incredibly private person, but only because I have the irrational fear that telling someone something about myself is essentially the same as giving them a stick and inviting them to hit me with it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    I should do a LP of Uncharted 3

I started that last night and half of my game time is spent screaming at my tv "Well where the fuck am I supposed to go now? You didn't give me anything to grab ont.... ohh. there. Well fuck you game!."

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Confessions, huh? We're at it again are we?

- I'm terrified that I'm not going to be able to do this job as well as they'd like and then get shit canned
    - I'm worried that, ah, putting a ring on it is going to end in disaster
    - I do it dry too.

I have every faith in your ability to do your new job! :)

Also, I sometimes wonder if I've been too blase about the big events in my life

But maybe that's not a bad thing, so far the best parts of my life have been things like my decision to move countries and get married

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'd like some degrading nude photos

and some money

and some BBQ sauce

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    you want me to roll around nude in some barbecue sauce? I can do that.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    Shit, now I really wish I had degrading nude shots of Sheri.

And for completely non-sexual reasons.

This is a weird day.

Stale Brand BBQ

"BBQ so good you won't even jerk off to Sheri!"

Our first ad spot will be 15 seconds long and consist of a man lying on the floor, invested fully into eating a rack of ribs, while a naked woman tries to slowly drag his otherwise indifferent body into the bedroom.

I like this commercial

I would buy whatever this is selling

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Confession

I am having a super duper uncomfortable day at work because the dude we just hired is putting his dog down this afternoon. I feel awful and have given my condolences, but it's weird to see a late 50s dude weeping at his desk.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I am the worst and seem to rely on other people to much.

I also must confess to caring about what people think of me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much, like writing half a post and deleting cause I go "Oh this is really really dumb" and then the posts I do make just end up being dumb any ways.

Like this one.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Fill a pool half way with bbq sauce.

Fill the other half with money.

Mix well on a fine sunny afternoon.

Get naked and jump in!

Take pictures??

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Confession: I talk about my writing insecurities too much, which is deeply annoying, but I can't seem to stop myself

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Quoth wrote: »
    Confession: I talk about my writing insecurities too much, which is deeply annoying, but I can't seem to stop myself

You and me both. I also can't seem to motivate myself to write, either...which certainly conflicts with my dream of becoming a successful author.

• Options

You and me both. I also can't seem to motivate myself to write, either...which certainly conflicts with my dream of becoming a successful author.

I don't even really dream about that anymore

Now I just write things and sigh when no one reads them, and gripe about how crappy writers have multiple published books and I'm a worthless wannabe

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I confess: I enjoy watching internet drama more than I should, especially when someone deserving gets obliterated off the face of the net.

I've also never had a forum avatar that I really liked.

• Options
    Syphyre wrote: »
    I confess: I enjoy watching internet drama more than I should, especially when someone deserving gets obliterated off the face of the net.

I've also never had a forum avatar that I really liked.

Both of these!

Darma is the best

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I can't bring myself to write much. Especially considering the last thing I wrote was apparently ignored.

It's okay, though, since it's out of date at this point.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Confession

I am having a super duper uncomfortable day at work because the dude we just hired is putting his dog down this afternoon. I feel awful and have given my condolences, but it's weird to see a late 50s dude weeping at his desk.

I would have already left.

There is no way I could have been at work on that day.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Confession

I don't think people actually like me, more that they put up with me.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options

Quoth, honestly I have been loving your articles

You express yourself very clearly and concisely, which I think is a whole art in itself, and never come across as thesaurus-searching or pretentious

• Options
    Confession

Same!

It's devastating, why wouldn't you stay home?

• Options
    Janson wrote: »

Quoth, honestly I have been loving your articles

You express yourself very clearly and concisely, which I think is a whole art in itself, and never come across as thesaurus-searching or pretentious

Aw, thanks lady

I only search the thesaurus when I legit can't remember a word I want to use, which is uncomfortably often :oops:

• Options
    yeah they're really good

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Confession

yep

• Options
    Confession

yep

Me too

I'll get invited to things and then not go because I assume it was a pity invite

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Confession

Same!

It's devastating, why wouldn't you stay home?

Sometimes people deal with tough times by trying to keep the rest of their life normal so they still feel somewhat normal.
    When my ex-fiance ran off with some guy(many years ago now) I showed up to work the next day because I honestly didn't know what else to do.

• Options
    I showed my dad that post I made a few weeks ago and it was probably the dumbest thing I did.

• Options
    See, I'd be more likely to stay off work for a minor medical complaint than call in for a pet dying or some other life upset

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Confession

yep

Me too

I'll get invited to things and then not go because I assume it was a pity invite

And then they stop inviting you because you never show up, which you just use to confirm that they never liked you in the first place? Yeah that sounds familiar.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod

Now I just write things and sigh when no one reads them, and gripe about how crappy writers have multiple published books and I'm a worthless wannabe

The only reason I'm getting my Masters is because I'm not enough of an idealist to think that I'll be able to support myself by writing fiction.

The problem we face is that writing is more politics than product. You have to sell yourself more than your work, something I'm admittedly terrible at. You also just need one really marketable idea for a series, and then it doesn't seem to matter how poorly executed it is.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Confession

Confession

That's dumb, you're an awesome dude

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    UPS just delivered 2 five pound bags of gummie bears.

• Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Confession

yep

Me too

And then they stop inviting you because you never show up, which you just use to confirm that they never liked you in the first place? Yeah that sounds familiar.

Yes exactly

Or they keep inviting my husband because he goes to more stuff, and I assume all invites are for him exclusively

He is more extroverted than I am by far

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Quite a while ago I was offered a sum for a concept I'd pitched to a publishing house

Not the actual book, just the plot and the characters. They apparently had no interest in my writing, just the ideas

It wasn't a huge amount but not a day goes by that I don't wonder whether or not I did the right thing.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    I'm worried that I'm never going to experience anything cool because I'm too afraid to move out of my comfort zone.

I might end up not doing the Canada thing cause of it.

• Options

The only reason I'm getting my Masters is because I'm not enough of an idealist to think that I'll be able to support myself by writing fiction.

The problem we face is that writing is more politics than product. You have to sell yourself more than your work, something I'm admittedly terrible at. You also just need one really marketable idea for a series, and then it doesn't seem to matter how poorly executed it is.
    it's true, but it makes sense from the money people's perspective, whose job is making money rather than learning to write/tell what is good writing

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Confession

yep

Me too

Yes exactly

Or they keep inviting my husband because he goes to more stuff, and I assume all invites are for him exclusively

He is more extroverted than I am by far

yeah

I'm constantly not invited to things, now

either I'm a low mental priority, or my company is not wanted

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I have been unable to watch non-documentary or cartoon movies/TV without experiencing extreme anxious response since uh, like '09? Even being in the same room while Dru watches TV makes me all anxious and panicky.

It's honestly a pain in the ass and I want it to go away.

• Options

The whole reciprocity thing is my current bane

People expect you to comment on their work if they comment on yours, and sometimes their work sucks so bad that I am at a loss, and I don't want to be a jerk and say something critical, so I say nothing and they get mad and never read my stuff again and UGH

I feel like I'm developing a terrible reputation, if any at all

IN SHORT I AM A CURMUDGEON HELP

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Quoth, I know that feeling, it's one of the reasons why I pulled out of Authonomy

It was a horrible, horrible situation for an editor to be in. If I'm in a circle jerk I at least want it to be properly reciprocated!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png