As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    you start at blue, but when you finish wraiths wolves still have not respawned so you kill minis. if bot takes minis they will not have respawned either

Oh yeah lots of people do that. NBD.

I thought you were talking about Golems -> Red start. Which would be retarded.

I have done that with someone, can't remember which jungler. It was fuckings retarded.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Master Yi with lifesteal quints can start anywhere and end full health, he's pretty sick at that kind of stuff.

Olaf, Nunu, and WW can do wolves/blue/wraiths/red/golems no problem.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Master Yi with lifesteal quints can start anywhere and end full health, he's pretty sick at that kind of stuff.

Cho can do it, Riven can do it though she gets a little low, Mundo and Shyv can do it, etc

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    cho can do whatever he wants in the jungle*

*except fight other junglers

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »

And Rammus. Easy-peasy.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Was one game below 1400 elo, then lost two games. Sadness. I'll give ranked another go another day, don't want to get into a losing spiral. Still can't believe I've gained 200 elo in the last few days.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    cho can do whatever he wants in the jungle*

*except fight other junglers
    Pretty much. Cho is just going to fat around and constantly steal camps. My main problem with him is deciding when to bite in the jungle, whether to save it for a gank or use it to get stacks up.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Ezreal has to be my favorite laning character.

And one of my favorite junglers.

He's just buckets of fun.

• Options
    spacebearspacebear Registered User regular
    I find myself playing support every ranked game now - going to be a long climb back up to my Gold from S1 :(

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    spacebear wrote: »
    I find myself playing support every ranked game now - going to be a long climb back up to my Gold from S1 :(

I like to think that gold this season will be a higher skill level than gold last season.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Yeah
    spacebear wrote: »

I like to think that gold this season will be a higher skill level than gold last season.
    Eh

Just get luckier

I don't think I'm substantially better than I was last season (or maybe I am?), but I'm just shy of gold, whereas I stalled a little a good 50-75 points lower. I think I can probably get another 50 points without too much hardship, but time will tell. The only difference for me is that when I'm off-role and not having a great game, the person who put me off role was carrying.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    So... how do you deal with galio as a mid? Like, really. You can't kill him, and he just pushes lane all day.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Raslin wrote: »
    So... how do you deal with galio as a mid? Like, really. You can't kill him, and he just pushes lane all day.

Send Fiora after him.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    am *I* the dummy for trying to go support as viktor, or were my teammates dummies for yelling at me?

Granted, the game didn't ever get played thanks to queue dodgers but still

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Vlad can do decently against galio as well after 7, just heals his damage and can counterpush waves once he gets wota.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    am *I* the dummy for trying to go support as viktor, or were my teammates dummies for yelling at me?

It can work if you take the stun mod, which turns ganks into genocides. Laser poke is pretty great too.

Its not like he's top tier but I've seen worse and you'll be fine if you're not being dumb.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

It can work if you take the stun mod, which turns ganks into genocides. Laser poke is pretty great too.

Its not like he's top tier but I've seen worse and you'll be fine if you're not being dumb.

always take the stun mod

People don't understand how much utility he brings to teamfights, even if his damage isn't that great (when support built)

Stunning an entire team for 1.5 seconds and then silencing them all for another 0.5 makes or breaks teamfights

Also am I wrong if I classify "utility" type characters as supports? Basically if you are good at cc, then you = support

Arch on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    A-Puck wrote: »
    I wonder how Galio would do against Yorik. Yorik's damage is mostly magic, right?

A general rule is that galio does really good against anyone who's damage comes in small packets.
    This includes Yorick.

Yorick drops gouls on Galio, and Galio bulwarks and no fucks were had. Galio hits Q on Yorick it's going to hurt. But more importantly, galio can keep the lane pushed into Yorick's tower to give yorick a hard time picking up cs.

Galio has too long of cooldowns and too high of mana costs to fight yorick. His damage is one burst, whuch yorick then heals up. Yorick will use ghoul assisted auto attacks to drive galio out between bulwarks and zone galio early. Galio will have to build a chalice to keep up and there is no way he will push yorick to tower. Yorick clears waves stupidly well and pushes very hard

It'll all depend on the first few levels and jungler intervention to keep yorick from snowballing. At best it turns into a farmfest

Pft. Base early get Chalice, galio gives no fucks about mana either.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

always take the stun mod

People don't understand how much utility he brings to teamfights, even if his damage isn't that great (when support built)

Stunning an entire team for 1.5 seconds and then silencing them all for another 0.5 makes or breaks teamfights

Also am I wrong if I classify "utility" type characters as supports? Basically if you are good at cc, then you = support

Well your viability as a support has a lot to do with who you're supporting.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I just lost a game because our team was too busy trying to kill the enemy team instead of the naked nexus >:c

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Anyway, played 4 ranked games today.

Won 2, lost 2

2 games in mid
    crapped on opposing mid something fierce

2 games elsewhere
    horrendous failure in the team

Not really seeing a pattern here

EDIT: Also, the new thing where ranked team games are viewable in history is pretty sweet.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    A-Puck wrote: »
    I wonder how Galio would do against Yorik. Yorik's damage is mostly magic, right?

A general rule is that galio does really good against anyone who's damage comes in small packets.
    This includes Yorick.

Yorick drops gouls on Galio, and Galio bulwarks and no fucks were had. Galio hits Q on Yorick it's going to hurt. But more importantly, galio can keep the lane pushed into Yorick's tower to give yorick a hard time picking up cs.

Galio has too long of cooldowns and too high of mana costs to fight yorick. His damage is one burst, whuch yorick then heals up. Yorick will use ghoul assisted auto attacks to drive galio out between bulwarks and zone galio early. Galio will have to build a chalice to keep up and there is no way he will push yorick to tower. Yorick clears waves stupidly well and pushes very hard

It'll all depend on the first few levels and jungler intervention to keep yorick from snowballing. At best it turns into a farmfest

Pft. Base early get Chalice, galio gives no fucks about mana either.

Note how I mentioned Chalice. Galio has to get to chalice first. Yorick will push the early advantage

• Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    Now streaming jungle Fizz. http://www.own3d.tv/live/246159

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    Tryndamere is a pretty good Galio counterpick as well. You just pretend he's not in the lane and hit every creep forever, then start chasing him around once you have a couple items. He can use all of his spells on cooldown and he'll never kill you if you're hitting things.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    What does dominion AP ali build for health? RoA isn't a good first item for him and that's the only way to get it in dom. Rylai's slow does....not synergise with his skills. Should I just sit on a giant's belt?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    Of course when I stream, I have the worst Fizz game ever.

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Once upon a time...

Fiora & Caitlyn bottom lane says "Fuck yo meta!" to Janna & EZ.

and when Fiora gets her Manred's Razor she says "This is mah jungle, Shyvanna, when I'm in it! And I'm in it!".

Then a bunch a shit happens and we win.

The End.

Kinda helped that Shyv wasn't all that great... but that shouldn't stop Kennen, Panth and a suddenly 9/4 Ez from doing stuff.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    and when Fiora gets her Manred's Razor she says "This is mah jungle, Shyvanna, when I'm in it! And I'm in it!".
    If this is a typo, it is the best typo.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Anyway, played 4 ranked games today.

Won 2, lost 2

2 games in mid
    crapped on opposing mid something fierce

2 games elsewhere
    horrendous failure in the team

Not really seeing a pattern here

EDIT: Also, the new thing where ranked team games are viewable in history is pretty sweet.

Also, don't make Mini carry instead of me! :lol:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    Also, don't make Mini carry instead of me! :lol:

You should let me carry!
    ozwiQ.png
    Doesn't count, made a lowbie account to play with a friend that wanted to learn. He took a liking to Leona, and Kog was free, so...

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    What the christ, that's a real game? :lol:

How do you get to 41/4, that is a really stubborn enemy and a team that won't end it. :)

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Anybody know if Olaf's E benefits from (his W's) Spellvamp?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Yes.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options

It does.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Man, that's pretty excellent.

Olaf has a pretty well-rounded kit. He can duel, he can wave clear, he can burst damage, he can heal quickly, has lots of passive and active bonuses.

• Options
    I just unlocked him on Friday but got distracted over the weekend by Grimrock. I think I'll be playing him a lot.

• Options
    Man, that's pretty excellent.

Olaf has a pretty well-rounded kit. He can duel, he can wave clear, he can burst damage, he can heal quickly, has lots of passive and active bonuses.

Yep, all that makes him an excellent top.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Riot kinda needs to go through all the older champs and buff their mana regen to be similar to or equal to present champion mana regen. It's sad watching someone like Panth or Trist go oom while Graves and Vayne are rolling around with no worries in the world.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Riot kinda needs to go through all the older champs and buff their mana regen to be similar to or equal to present champion mana regen. It's sad watching someone like Panth or Trist go oom while Graves and Vayne are rolling around with no worries in the world.
    Ashe-tweak for all old champs, this is a thing that needs to be done. (Also art upgrades. Poor Katarina.)

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

I go oom on Vayne all the time in laning.

huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.