Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure xsplit free streaming to twitch.tv is alright; that's what I did last week for the PAINHOUSE.

On a related note! Tonight is PAINHOUSE night. We should resume talking about it.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Played a lot of Ashe last night. She's a lot of fun, but I find it difficult to actually...carry with her. I tend to just end up with a ton of assists.

The first game was an absolute trainwreck. Last pick asks if he can run "support Galio," I'm not really one to shit in other people's cereal so I said fine. The guy proceeds to buy no wards and push the fuck out of our lane with his cyclone and burst rigamarole, which made it virtually impossible for me to CS (we spent 90% of the early game pushed up against their tower). I went on tilt after this and never really recovered. In post game, everyone shit on Galio for the whole support fail. When he asked why people blamed him I stated the above, and he said I was "letting CS rot." I'm not even sure what that means, because I was frantically trying to last hit every minion he wasn't exploding.

Hilarious enough, my very next game I get matched up against the exact same support Galio (who apparently told his team in advance I was terrible because they started shouting at me in /all immediately). That game went...much better for me. Galio/Sion against Ashe/Soraka, ok.

Also had a PA game that started off poorly but ended much better. Gave me my first record-worthy arrow (we'll gloss over the ones I missed.

Good job editing out the Swain murder that was about to happen. I bet that skarner and ryze would have just annihilated him with excellent timing from ults, roots and slows.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Played a lot of Ashe last night. She's a lot of fun, but I find it difficult to actually...carry with her. I tend to just end up with a ton of assists.

You arnt going to carry with ashe unless you get lots of cs while leveling E for the most part. Abuse gold advantage to score kills.

• Options
    RazalgrimRazalgrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    schuss wrote: »
    EMERALDS BITCHES.

That's all I have to say. What gemstone is pink?

Answer: Dumb ones.

alexandrite, motherfucker!

you gonna talk shit about my birthstone? i will fight you

My birthstone?

DIAMONDS.

Game

Set

Match.

Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Razalgrim on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »

You arnt going to carry with ashe unless you get lots of cs while leveling E for the most part. Abuse gold advantage to score kills.

Eh, I ended up with about 300 cs for the game (zerker boots, iedge, PD, bloodthirster, was about to buy second BT when game ended). It was mostly that Ryze was exploding people.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Pretty sure xsplit free streaming to twitch.tv is alright; that's what I did last week for the PAINHOUSE.

On a related note! Tonight is PAINHOUSE night. We should resume talking about it.

Are we switching anything up or just business as usual?

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Now streaming solo queue ranked. I'm just going to record all out until I get tired. I'll try to talk more if I can. http://www.own3d.tv/live/246159 I'm in good spirits today

Shit talking your teammates picks at the end of the game is not productive btw, especially when you guys wrecklessly dove the kog, feeding him kills, as opposed to being patient and denying him. Your fiora was not great though. Also, you shouldn't have focused on randuins so heavily, as other than WW (to some extent), they didn't have any autoattackers that would be in range, and there was very little physical damage coming out. I'd recommend an aegis or zekes given your team comp.

• Options

How was the drafting of teams done last week? I was too distracted fiddling with my xsplit settings to pay close attention.

I think before we get too involved in changing things drastically we should just find a way to draft and start playing faster/smoother-ly.

• Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    Now going at it solo queue. And it wasn't really shit-talking them. I really feel it was bad picks. I wasn't saying our picks weren't bad choices either. We've done that lane before, and it worked, but we got sloppy. I'm aware of that. http://www.own3d.tv/live/246159

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

How was the drafting of teams done last week? I was too distracted fiddling with my xsplit settings to pay close attention.

I think before we get too involved in changing things drastically we should just find a way to draft and start playing faster/smoother-ly.

Drafting was done the same as the week before where team captains were chosen and then each one chose a player one at a time in a certain order. It took quite a while because we had a large turnout (Ended up with 6 teams) so we didn't have enough time to play the champion match. There was some talk last week of switching it up but I don't know if anything came of that.

I'm torn because I really want to play, but I also really want to commentate on the games.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    Also, I think I wouldn't mind getting in on those inhouses tonight. They seem pretty fun.

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    Not sure if I can play tonight, but I'm more than happy to facilitate/run the drafting if everyone is ok with that. I'll probably be doing something else at about 9PM EST, but I can organize everything before then and pass it off.

• Options
    Ideally what I'd like to have is one person spectating (and streaming) for every 10 people playing. That way we can have all of the games up and recorded and reviewable after all is said and done; I feel like this would be helpful for players looking to improve their game.

I think it'd be more important, though, to just get each game running smoothly.

Gonna put some thought into this today.

• Options
    Captains of last week's PAINHOUSE (and I know a lot of you were unsure volunteers or just plain ol' dragooned);

What would make drafting players faster? How heavily (and in what way) did you use the player info spreadsheet?

I would like to have everyone in the PAINHOUSE channel and prospective players in the PAINHOUSE DRAFT channel. Once a player is drafted, they should leave the DRAFT channel asap.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular

Eh, I ended up with about 300 cs for the game (zerker boots, iedge, PD, bloodthirster, was about to buy second BT when game ended). It was mostly that Ryze was exploding people.

Out of curiosity, what were your opponents playing/building?
    If they had a lot of armor, a Black Cleaver or Last Whisper + vamp staff would have maybe served you better than the Bloodthirster. Also, second PD all the way for more crits and better kiting, at least in my opinion.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Saldonas wrote: »

Out of curiosity, what were your opponents playing/building?
    If they had a lot of armor, a Black Cleaver or Last Whisper + vamp staff would have maybe served you better than the Bloodthirster. Also, second PD all the way for more crits and better kiting, at least in my opinion.

Black cleaver might have been good, I'll have to consider that.

It was Ashe/Janna/Ryze/Singed/Skarner vs. Corki/Soraka/Ahri/Swain/Udyr. Only Udyr had any armor that I remember at endgame (Randuins).

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Captains of last week's PAINHOUSE (and I know a lot of you were unsure volunteers or just plain ol' dragooned);

What would make drafting players faster? How heavily (and in what way) did you use the player info spreadsheet?

I would like to have everyone in the PAINHOUSE channel and prospective players in the PAINHOUSE DRAFT channel. Once a player is drafted, they should leave the DRAFT channel asap.

Wasn't a captain last week, but I'll reiterate my suggestion that we go to a two-person-per-pick snake draft in the interest of speeding things up and not splitting up guys who like to queue together.

• Options
    Also, do we have anyone that would like to commit to being a team captain now? The more of them we have going into 8pm EST, the less time we have to spend on it then.

Schuss is going to set up the drafting and brackets; if we have a couple of people that want to spectate/stream/record then we can plan ahead for your involvement, too. I will probably be spectating again this week.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I said it last week but I think it warrents repeating: the easiest way is to make your pick from the people in the main lol vent channel, then have that person immediately move to his team's channel. It's speedy, it's clear, and it avoids accidental double picks.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Rius take your turn in citow!

I'll have to pass on todays games as I gotta get up at 6am or some dumb time, so I'll be asleep before the games even start :(

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Rami wrote: »
    I said it last week but I think it warrents repeating: the easiest way is to make your pick from the people in the main lol vent channel, then have that person immediately move to his team's channel. It's speedy, it's clear, and it avoids accidental double picks.

This is also a good idea. Even if we just use the leave-the-chat approach suggested halfway through the draft last week, that'd help.

Rius, as previously, I'm happy to help with any pre-draft setup. I'd stream if I knew how, but I'm available for spectating and running LoLReplay again. Or I'll play.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Streaming with xsplit turned out to be pretty simple (after some early jitters.) I think you need to have pretty decent upstream, though; I have about 3mbit up and was streaming just fine at 480p/20fps. One of the things I want to do is look into streaming at 720p or even 1080p. Probably fiddle with that over the weekend.

A problem last week was everyone was in the PAINHOUSE chat channel, including people who wanted to watch the proceedings but didn't want to play (like myself). I left the main chat channel pretty quickly once drafting started and went to work on my stream configuration. I'm not sure if it'd be more of a pain in the ass or not to have everyone willing to play join a seperate channel for drafting (and post-draft vacating) purposes.

I kind of like the idea of drafting people from the vent channel as opposed to the in-game chat channel. People in the vent channel are more likely to be present, and of course you'll know they already have vent installed.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    So what is this cool new refer a friend bonus?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bethryn wrote: »
    shield for 500 vs magic <30% hp

maw shield is 400 hp aka a giant's belt

Jars on
  • Options
    nolifekingnolifeking Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Smaug6 wrote: »

Good job editing out the Swain murder that was about to happen. I bet that skarner and ryze would have just annihilated him with excellent timing from ults, roots and slows.
    @smaug6
    Man that was a fun game. With all our CC, I could just faceroll them every fight. You had a couple real nice pulls on Corki as well.

Shit talking your teammates picks at the end of the game is not productive btw, especially when you guys wrecklessly dove the kog, feeding him kills, as opposed to being patient and denying him. Your fiora was not great though. Also, you shouldn't have focused on randuins so heavily, as other than WW (to some extent), they didn't have any autoattackers that would be in range, and there was very little physical damage coming out. I'd recommend an aegis or zekes given your team comp.

@schuss
    I don't believe I said anything in chat to our team. I may have complained about the other lanes losing, but only to us. The only thing I said in chat was in response to Renekton complaining that Rammus wasn't banned. He is so easy to counter jungle, I don't really see him as a threat, and there isn't much reason for him to become dangerous (except that our team ended up picking HEAVY ad dmg).

Your criticism of us being reckless is apt, and I should have focused more on denying Kog. My concern was that I needed to get pretty fed to make up for our other loses, and gambled on getting more kills which did not work as well as I had hoped. I absolutely could have played better. The Le blanc pick was the worst for us though, because we needed some high sustained dmg going into late game. Sad part is, the guy was about to pick Ryze, which would have been excellent for us, 5 tanky dudes, good cc, and the ability to shut down their caries completely.
    With a better mid, or a Renekton that didn't have 1/2 the CS of lane opponent, or not a wet-noodle Fiora, we could have won team fights.

I could have played better, but I won the lane (even though Kog got kills, we had more, and much more CS). I had tons of fun in our lane. I could not do enough to make for the team, and that's how it goes.

nolifeking on
    Steam - nolifeking
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Hm, maybe I should pick up Nautilus with some IP.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    nolifeking wrote: »
    Your criticism of us being reckless is apt, and I should have focused more on denying Kog. My concern was that I needed to get pretty fed to make up for our other loses, and gambled on getting more kills which did not work as well as I had hoped. I absolutely could have played better. The Le blanc pick was the worst for us though, because we needed some high sustained dmg going into late game. Sad part is, the guy was about to pick Ryze, which would have been excellent for us, 5 tanky dudes, good cc, and the ability to shut down their caries completely.
    With a better mid, or a Renekton that didn't have 1/2 the CS of lane opponent, or not a wet-noodle Fiora, we could have won team fights.

I could have played better, but I won the lane (even though Kog got kills, we had more, and much more CS). I had tons of fun in our lane. I could not do enough to make for the team, and that's how it goes.
    Rammus is actually really dangerous to top and mid laners no matter what because of Flash Taunt. It doesn't matter how much you counterjungle him, similar to Amumu, he can just show up and get a successful gank in with the duration of taunt and his mechanics.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Sitting in mid. Score is 0 to 0 and I have managed to harass and out CS Morgana by about 10-20 creeps at all times.

Notice that the score is 2-15 enemy team.

GG

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    that's why you play karthus and win the other lanes too

• Options
    Smaug6 wrote: »

@smaug6
    Man that was a fun game. With all our CC, I could just faceroll them every fight. You had a couple real nice pulls on Corki as well.

@schuss
    I don't believe I said anything in chat to our team. I may have complained about the other lanes losing, but only to us. The only thing I said in chat was in response to Renekton complaining that Rammus wasn't banned. He is so easy to counter jungle, I don't really see him as a threat, and there isn't much reason for him to become dangerous (except that our team ended up picking HEAVY ad dmg).

I just commented as it was a parting shot by zed at the team that I felt was unnecessary. You guys actually had the correct teamcomp for early domination, and it killed me to see you guys so effectively rocking their faces, then going for stupid dives.

Looks like Rius and I will be tag-teaming the organization of the Painhouse, so look for some more info soonish on organization (once I escape my meeting).

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    After playing 15 or so hours of SMNC this past week, I got a wild hair and decided to try my hand at this again. First time was a long time ago at a lanparty where I was a bit tipsy and not really paying attention, so it's not like I have that much to build on. I do understand the basics how to play, so hopefully I won't cripple any team I'm on while playing games against actual people.

Looking at my old profile, I apparently unlocked Kayle. Ok then. At least it's a support. Drunk me apparently had some sense.

Decoy on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Black cleaver might have been good, I'll have to consider that.

It was Ashe/Janna/Ryze/Singed/Skarner vs. Corki/Soraka/Ahri/Swain/Udyr. Only Udyr had any armor that I remember at endgame (Randuins).

For Ashe Black Cleaver is not a great item. She is one of the few carries it almost never makes sense to buy it on unless the enemy has pretty much zero armor.

The reason for this is because of her Autocrit significantly increases the damage that she does before any shred from the Cleaver and it takes a lot of time, probably more time than your enemies have HP to make it up.

Also, on characters that don't have an AS steroid[or attack reset/ability weave] If your opponent has no armor and you already have boots2/IE/PD/BT get a second PD before another damage item. The move speed and crit will give you more effective damage than a BT will.
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Rammus is actually really dangerous to top and mid laners no matter what because of Flash Taunt. It doesn't matter how much you counterjungle him, similar to Amumu, he can just show up and get a successful gank in with the duration of taunt and his mechanics.
    He can also approach through pretty much any angle even with wards placed due to the strength of his q.

fake edit: I will not be captaining again. I might play, but i've no mic and that made things hard [pretty much had to delegate things]

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't take offense schuss, I just do my best to not rag on teammates and I didn't think I had.

Ram can be dangerous, but with wards and awareness I just don't think he is that good. He does little dmg alone, but their comp made up for it with Cass and kog (if kog could get items). It was a fun game, and I learned some limits on the kill lane. I haven't played panth much, but it seems like a kill lane with him can do well in low elo where games often snowball.

Steam - nolifeking
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Oh, I didn't take offense schuss, I just do my best to not rag on teammates and I didn't think I had.

Ram can be dangerous, but with wards and awareness I just don't think he is that good. He does little dmg alone, but their comp made up for it with Cass and kog (if kog could get items). It was a fun game, and I learned some limits on the kill lane. I haven't played panth much, but it seems like a kill lane with him can do well in low elo where games often snowball.

One of rammus's greatest strengths is that wards, even those placed very far out, are often not enough of a warning for his ganks, especially if you're not close enough to your tower. It is true he doesn't do much damage, but he doesn't need to because he can chain his CC long enough that the lane gets the kill[which is generally better anyway since lanes tend to carry harder than jungles and a gold/xp advantage in a lane can be leveraged easier than a gold/xp advantage in the jungle].

I have had rammus gank purple side bottom from warded tribrush when we were in the middle of the lane and we could not get away. "Oh there is rammus", oh, the carry is knocked up, oh the carry is taunted... I do not recall if he used ghost[probably]. This is not to say that all rammus's can do that, but to illustrate the power of his ganking.

If someone in your lane has a stun or root[esp targted stun/root] then the only real way to beat a rammus gank is to countergank because 1.5 seconds is all the time rammus needs to move from an unwarded position to close enough that you cannot get away even if its warded.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    irelia got a base stat buff on a pbe. has one of the highest lv1 damage now

• Options
    spafeyspafey Registered User regular
    Can anyone give me tips on heimerdinger? im a scrub with a single rune (lvl 1 health/5) and ive had some luck with the qq rockets build listed here. ( the zhonyas in particular has been of use)

any tips from the pros? :)

I ate the entire cake. At one point, I remember becoming aware of the oppressive fullness building inside of me, but I kept eating out of a combination of spite and stubbornness. No one could tell me not to eat an entire cake - not my mom, not Santa, not God - no one. I would eat cake whenever I damn well pleased. It was my cake and everyone else could go fuck themselves.
  • Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Maoki is so boss. I never feel like giving up and surrendering when I play as him. I know we're a team fight away from swinging any game with his initiation. Just had a really shitty early/mid game where we're behind at least 7 kills and not looking hot in CS. Veiger + Maoki means you're never getting away alive. And his ult? C'mon guys, we all know, it saves lives.

I should pick him up again. Bought him when he was on sale and haven't even played him.

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    I'm not saying ram isn't viable, or even good with certain pairings (ahri is devastating), but that in general he is not op, not ban worthy, and there are scarier junglers that can do his job better (Ali, amu).

Steam - nolifeking
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    tehjester wrote: »
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Maoki is so boss. I never feel like giving up and surrendering when I play as him. I know we're a team fight away from swinging any game with his initiation. Just had a really shitty early/mid game where we're behind at least 7 kills and not looking hot in CS. Veiger + Maoki means you're never getting away alive. And his ult? C'mon guys, we all know, it saves lives.

I should pick him up again. Bought him when he was on sale and haven't even played him.

i bought him on a whim and fell in love with playing him. for a long time I was playing him top and just destroying up there even holding 1v2s longer than our bot could hold 2v2s most of the time. Then with the redesigned jungle I tried him there once and it was really easy to do plus probably helps the team comp more to get a bruiser up top.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Also, do we have anyone that would like to commit to being a team captain now? The more of them we have going into 8pm EST, the less time we have to spend on it then.

Schuss is going to set up the drafting and brackets; if we have a couple of people that want to spectate/stream/record then we can plan ahead for your involvement, too. I will probably be spectating again this week.

I'm in for captaining this week.

huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.