Options

The Skyrim thread for adventurers who don't think jokes get funnier the more you tell them

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    man
    I don't even wanna think about what implications an MMO has for tamrielic metaphysics

oh god that is actually a thought I just had

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    it helps that bound weapons are the coolest things in skyrim

I can't even remember where it was, that major quest path regarding the Forsworn
    When I was stripped and chucked in prison it took me a while to remember that I didn't need to worry about trying to find a shiv because I could conjure a battleaxe from nowhere and chop the bastard's head off

Sorry

Nothing beats turning into a werewolf and eating everyone

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    ahhh it keeps freezing at the race selection screen

not a good thing to be doing, Skyrim

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    man the Kinect support is really rad, kind of makes me want one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qk5TljuJtE

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Wow. The Elder Scrolls MMO sounds like a giant piece of shit. Why even call it Elder Scrolls if the game you're describing plays bugger all like Elder Scrolls?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    because idiots with money

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    We barely know anything about the game, so I don't think we should judge it as shit so soon.

• Options
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    We barely know anything about the game, so I don't think we should judge it as shit so soon.

considering they said it's going to play like WoW

I think I'd much rather play WoW than another shitty clone?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    uh yeah, TES plays so much NOT like WoW, I'm not really seeing how that will work...
    are they going to port VATS over?

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I might actually buy Kinect for PC when it's out

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    I remember back when they had to explain to everyone why there isnt co-op or multiplayer in morrowind, oblivion etc. because The Elder Scrolls is a "single player experience" and all that rubbish

i'm about as excited for this mmo as

well
    any other mmo
    these games are at the point where if someone can create an mmo that is not the exact goddamn same thing as every other one they are revolutionary and breaking new ground. mmo mmo mmo

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    auto attack. skill bar with cooldowns.

every, mmo, ever

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    -Back on the topic of the skillbar, you have a limited number of skills you can use at any given time, and can change them whenever you're out of combat
    -The number of skills is equal to (paraphrase) "a light and heavy attack with your current weapon that take up the first two slots, a few more spells related to your class, and an ultimate in the last slot".

that sounds cool if it's done well

• Options
    That's what GW2 has except it's 5 slots based on your weapon, 1 self heal, 3 utilities and an elite

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    If we wanted a game more like Elder Scrolls as an MMO then Asheron's Call would actually be a not terrible model. Mostly because you could do whatever you wanted with your character and the game let you. You could create a character that was great a killing and great at not dying or you could create a mediocre character where you focused on the tradeskills providing food and potions to your friends. Sure one leveled much quicker then the other but the options were there.

But EQ was much more popular and MMOs that came out after '99 employed the class based party system rather then a game based around choosing skills.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    man
    I don't even wanna think about what implications an MMO has for tamrielic metaphysics

oh god that is actually a thought I just had

the dragon's going to be fucking annihilated

and since this is pre-Tiber Septim it's probably going to end up with his birth

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I wouldn't even be irked about them treading on everything about the elder scrolls universe if they were doing something interesting with it, but so far it sounds like the most typical MMO possible

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    if someone figured out a way to make a fantasy MMO with gameplay like TES games, that might actually intrigue me.

But nope, every time it just turns out to be standing still, watching your skill bar and hitting one of your number keys when the skill cools down.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    While playing Fallen Earth enough people commented in the chat channels that they felt like they were playing Fallout Online that they could probably put a fantasy skin on that game and then people would comment that it felt like TES Online.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I love WoW

But healing has always been special

Also pvp owns

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Really what they should be doing is throwing in co-op like Borderlands or Diablo or something
    just

just not an mmo i am sad

• Options
    if it helps it's being made by a different studio and bethesda's gonna keep doing their thing with skyrim DLC and the inevitable TESVI

they put together zenimax online media or whatever for this thing
    like when marge baked a second cake for homer to ruin

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    yeah not a fan of the art style

oh well

• Options
    no no no no no fuck you elder scrolls online you leave morrowind alone

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    what the fuck have you done to that kagouti

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That doesn't look anything like Elder Scrolls. I would think it was WoW if I didn't know better.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    bhabdw.jpg
    sdmf0g.jpg

So...WoW then.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh wow, this seems fucking terrible.

I was just talking with my friends about mmos today, and I told them I thought this could be cool because Skyrim is basically what I want in a mmo. Large open world filled with unscripted encounters, dungeons, bandit camps and dragons. The ability to make your own adventure, just start running in a random direction and eventually find something fairly new and exciting. Fucking dragons. If they just took Skyrim, balanced out the abilities a bit, and made about 3-4 times more content that would be an incredible MMO.

Now you are telling me they want it to play like WoW? What kind of fucking clowns thought that business plan out? Time to wait for the inevitable negative impressions to come out of the closed beta, then sigh a knowing sigh, and then never think of this abortion again.

Vic on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    Oh wow, this seems fucking terrible.

I was just talking with my friends about mmos today, and I told them I thought this could be cool because Skyrim is basically what I want in a mmo. Large open world filled with unscripted encounters, dungeons, bandit camps and dragons. The ability to make your own adventure, just start running in a random direction and eventually find something fairly new and exciting. Fucking dragons. If they just took Skyrim, balanced out the abilities a bit, and made about 3-4 times more content that would be an incredible MMO.

Now you are telling me they want it to play like WoW? What kind of fucking clowns thought that business plan out? Time to wait for the inevitable negative impressions to come out of the closed beta, then sigh a knowing sigh, and then never think of this abortion again.

apparently clowns 5 years ago thought it was a good idea.

• Options
    yeah fuck those guys, eh

grrrrr

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    is that a drider

or a land dreugh

I can't tell anymore

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    at least TOR tried to hide its WoW similarities by covering it with a star wars skin. this is just so blatantly unoriginal it hurts.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    auto attack, sip of Mt. Dew, press "1"

repeat

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I might actually buy Kinect for PC when it's out

Unless you're planning to develop software for it, I can't imagine why you'd want to

Especially considering it's gonna be like $250

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    You play an arcane mage too?

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Dubh wrote: »
    is that a drider

or a land dreugh

I can't tell anymore

"spider daedra" inspired by oblivion, I'd imagine

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Also you guys realize they're exactly as physically demanding as tes right

If not more so. I have to use all my fingers when i play WoW

You need two thumbs for tes, a couple index fingers maybe, a couple more if you play kb and mouse

I understand not liking the style of game or its lack of character development or the over saturation of the marketfun or the fear of deviating from WoW's success so they just straight up rip it off or any actual complaint

but ragging on mmos for having a skill bar?

You literally just press buttons over and over to play every game. That is how you play video games. You press the buttons.

I'd hate to think you're ALL stupid, but i mean

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't really have an opinion on MMO's. I did my time with WoW and it was alright for awhile. I just can't deal with the amount of time they take to play. I always lose interest.

I'm disappointed in the art style because it looks like every other MMO made in the last few years. I was hoping for something different or something similar to the art style of the Elder Scrolls games.

Fact is, I'm never going to play it regardless.

This discussion has been closed.