As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [chat] Unlike Any Other

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Gooey wrote: »
    so if i promote a dude in multiplayer

what happens?

Edit: so beated on that one.

spool32 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I actually witnessed some dudes trying to kick a dude for having an N7 score under 100 the other night

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    if i were a dude i would fuck a lady until i ejaculated and then take my semen on my thumb and slowly smear it on her forehead while whispering simbaaaa

ok i laughed pretty hard at this

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    if i were a dude i would fuck a lady until i ejaculated and then take my semen on my thumb and slowly smear it on her forehead while whispering simbaaaa

!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to do this!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    My N7 score is like 32 because all I play is vanguard

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    hmm

that seems like a good deal

leveling dudes doesn't seem particularly hard tbh

i have played like 5 games? and am level 16 or 17 or so

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It's pretty awesome.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    I actually witnessed some dudes trying to kick a dude for having an N7 score under 100 the other night

Some wanker voted to kick my wife when her N7 rating was 6, having increased from 1 that very round. She was levelling her first character.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

i was doing a Silver game and a guy came in with a level 12 human soldier and a N7 rating of 16

we kicked him

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Also this music is pretty cool.

if i am tired of the endless grinding monotony of managing my planets to do completely undramatic and boring things in other, far-too-protracted 4X games, what will i think of this one

because it sure looks slick!

I dunno. It seems to give you a good amount of choice without being too micromanagey. It is definitely not like GalCiv2 which is apparently spreadsheets in space. I will know more later but so far I am enjoying myself just looking at all the menus and reading the tutorial.

I loved GalCiv 2. It was a very traditional style game. Combat was automated but the gameplay on the giant map was tons of fun. Also pretty difficult and the AI could really fuck with you. I never found it to be spreadsheets in space. Unless you consider games like MOO2 a spreadsheet in space.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    it's bullshit that i don't have a penis

• Options
    edited May 2012

on a bronze game that is fine

on a silver or god help you, a gold?

i'd vote to kick you with a score like that

also for playing a human vanguard in gold which is just

i don't even

Pony on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

They make non-surgical means to remedy this...

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »

on a bronze game that is fine

on a silver or god help you, a gold?

i'd vote to kick you with a score like that

also for playing a human vanguard in gold which is just

i don't even

i've done silver with you and i have the highest score go fiddle your diddle

• Options
    my n7 rating is 16 or 17

i have a level 16 or 17 human vanguard

haters gonna hate

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

You don't have to worry about this, constantly, though:
    epplU.gif

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

You couldn't handle it. I can just see you pissing every where one day just because you could.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    6MPco.jpg

• Options
    Mixmaster Mike ripping shit up live on letterman

They put on a great live show, these dudes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i1iGa96GYM&feature=related

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

You couldn't handle it. I can just see you pissing every where one day just because you could.

I would pretend that Aaron is a teampunk aviator and my balls were gear goggles :D

• Options
    Bronze is easymode. Bronze is great for learning the levels, leveling up low-level characters, learning to play. you wanna play stupid character builds or weird weapons, i don't care. Engineer with a N7 Crusader? fine, whatever

Silver is medium, and makes the game fun and challenging and interesting. you don't need PRO STRATS or nothing, but you do need to know the levels and know what the crap you're doing and have something at least above level 10, at the minimum

Gold is hard and you shouldn't be fucking around with it unless you know what you are doing. Gold can be fun but you gotta fuckin' bring your A-game here, use Equipment, etc.

i will absolutely discriminate against people based on their load-out, level, and N7 score on silver or gold

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I would pretend that Aaron is a teampunk aviator and my balls were gear goggles :D

See Cass, this is why you can't have nice things.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

epplU.gif

seriously this is a very real problem

• Options
    me3 mp: srs bznz

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Mim wrote: »
    6MPco.jpg

It's glorious!
    edit: I just now spotted the "who let the dogs out" hah.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    god i was walking with aaron and we passed a lady in a tight sweater dress that ended on her upper thighs in big sungglases and high heels

uuunnggghhh she was so pretty

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Mim watch Avatar so I can bother you about it.

I need you to do this

Nah, after I finish Twin Peaks, I'm starting in on a re-watch of NANA.

Maybe over the summer.

As long as I can bother you sometime.

I'll watch Twin Peaks eventually too. NFI what NANA is.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    you can get through silver with a level 1 character

depends on the class and weapon loadout but it's absolutely doable

• Options
    god i was walking with aaron and we passed a lady in a tight sweater dress that ended on her upper thighs in big sungglases and high heels

see if you were a man you'd have to deal with that .gif Ludious posted right at that moment

and it's annoying

• Options

epplU.gif

I've had my vagina punch my brain before. It definitely lead to "What did I just do? WHAT DID I JUST DO?!" moments.

• Options

epplU.gif

seriously this is a very real problem

Yeah, my brain and my penis had a sit down and it was decide that while my penis gets to speak, he no longer has a vote.

• Options
    when i am not hitting up mp with pa folks i just hit rand/rand/rand and play whatever comes up

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Also this music is pretty cool.

if i am tired of the endless grinding monotony of managing my planets to do completely undramatic and boring things in other, far-too-protracted 4X games, what will i think of this one

because it sure looks slick!

I dunno. It seems to give you a good amount of choice without being too micromanagey. It is definitely not like GalCiv2 which is apparently spreadsheets in space. I will know more later but so far I am enjoying myself just looking at all the menus and reading the tutorial.

yeah i regret buying GalCiv2. It's just completely fucking boring for the vast majority of the game. Let me know what you think of Endless Space when you play it.

Did you like Sins of a Solar Empire? Endless Space is more to that end of the micromanagey scale, but turn based rather than real time.

i liked the idea of Sins much, much more (the planet management was much more streamlined) though I found the combat to be disappointing when I played it (ships couldn't really stop each other from moving around too much and there didn't seem to be much strategy to it beyond being better at making lots of ships).

if this one ends up being more like sins, i will maybe like it more?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options

see if you were a man you'd have to deal with that .gif Ludious posted right at that moment

and it's annoying

aaron didn't even notice her

i think he's a homosexual

• Options
    6MPco.jpg

It's glorious!
    edit: I just now spotted the "who let the dogs out" hah.

I almost spit my coke out everywhere when I saw it.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Your vagina overruling your brain means you ate a pint of ice cream and watched the Notebook.

Your penis overruling your brain means that you seriously considered, and possibly followed through with, fucking a tub of country crock margarine while watching suckerpunch

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i mean

i'd kick a level 1 pubbie fo sho

but i wouldn't be like switch characters dogg if i knew the player was any good

and you can easily start carrying your weight at level like, 4 or 5

• Options

and it's annoying

aaron didn't even notice her

i think he's a homosexual

Or he was practicing checking her out without you noticing. A useful skill for a man.

• Options
    Mim watch Avatar so I can bother you about it.

I need you to do this

Nah, after I finish Twin Peaks, I'm starting in on a re-watch of NANA.

Maybe over the summer.

As long as I can bother you sometime.

I'll watch Twin Peaks eventually too. NFI what NANA is.

NANA is flaaawwwlessssssss but yeah it's too depressing. Don't watch it.

• Options
    My penis is 100% subordinate to my brain.

However sometimes my brain is unruly.

This discussion has been closed.