Options

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'd be pretty okay with him be rechristened as The Panther too

Although or the most part he should just be T'Challa

He doesn't have a secret identity, really

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    lil b to play black panther

i'm black panther
    wakanda black panther
    pan-ther pan-ther pan-ther pan-ther

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Just hope it's Kirby or Priest T'Challa, and not Hudlin's.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    So other than that Avengers vs X-Men thingy people have been talking about what're the big (and preferably good to read) arcs/series in comics right now

The last comic I read was DC's Secret Six and that was a while ago

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    it's just, it'd be nice to have a black dude on the big team, and black panther is a pretty rad character

would also like to see ms. marvel in avengers

and mockingbird in a SHIELD movie

Black Panther and Luke Cage are pretty natural additions. And Carol's redesigned costume seems like a pretty obvious screen-based redesign, so I agree with you 100%.

And I could see them never CALLING him the Black Panther--just King T'Challa, avatar of the Panther God.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The Dark Knight is better than Iron Man.

Also oranges are better than apples.

wandering on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the thing with a single movie compared to a tv show like enh is adding to the team will be damn hard unless you are also willing to cut, since you already have so many characters to juggle. and to be fair, in the avengers,
    until going good again, barton does get kinda shafted

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    buttlord you really are wiggin

just want to point out that it's hilarious you got infracted for this

glory to Rankenphile, long may he reign

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I want a crazy-ass Jack Kirby Black Panther movie

kirby+black+panther.tiff

Black_Panther_v1_02_0203.jpg

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    buttlord you really are wiggin

just want to point out that it's hilarious you got infracted for this

glory to Rankenphile, may long may he reign

That is amazing

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Of course Loki is a huge fan of Will Smith.

Naturally.

Don Cheadle wasn't in Iron Man 1. Whoops.

• Options
    the thing with a single movie compared to a tv show like enh is adding to the team will be damn hard unless you are also willing to cut, since you already have so many characters to juggle. and to be fair, in the avengers,
    On one hand, yeah, he got shafted, but it also got to show off his abilities in a way that being on the team would not have

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    it's just, it'd be nice to have a black dude on the big team, and black panther is a pretty rad character

Yeah, I've been watching out for any references to a pilot called Carol Danvers, but sadly that has yet to happen. We should start seeing some more SHIELD agents now though, right? Mockingbird and Agent 13 have to show up sometime, don't they?

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    On one hand, yeah, he got shafted, but it also got to show off his abilities in a way that being on the team would not have
    i'm not saying it was a poor decision by any means, but it did make it harder for us to get to know him as a character and tell us why we should root for him. but it also ruined the chances of having a second movie have.a villain turn hero without it feeling trite, so there's a lot of challenge for the writers of part.2 if they wanna add to the team without cutting someone else

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    anjin who is the better superhero pooch or blade

Of course blade

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Well Fiege dropped hints that Falcon is gonna be in Cap 2, and he was on the Avengers for a while

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    anjin who is the better superhero pooch or blade

Of course blade

but pooch can kill terrorists without legs

and is buds with captain america

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    That infraction had zest! Nobody should stoop that low in name calling!

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Saw this today. Loved every freaking second of it.

Can't wait to go again.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    But, Wesley Snipes with a fucked up haircut!

• Options
    I think 6 MAYBE 7 is the max they should keep the Avengers at in a movie

any more than that and it becomes almost impossible to give everyone equal screentime

Ideally I'd like them to drop Widow and Hawkeye and make them part of a SHIELD movie with Fury and Hill, leaving 2-3 spots open for new characters in Avengers 2

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    yeah, I mean, I don't necessarily want them to be full on members of the team

but if you can establish them in other movies, it'd be pretty easy to have them make cameos in such as a huge battle scene at the end

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    yeah, I mean, I don't necessarily want them to be full on members of the team

but if you can establish them in other movies, it'd be pretty easy to have them make cameos in such as a huge battle scene at the end

That's what I'm picturing

a core team of 4 or 5, with cameos galore when the big battle at the end comes

• Options
    Yeah

I kinda wish they did something like that for War Machine in Avengers, or at least give an excuse as to why he doesn't show up. They covered just about every other loose end.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    what if
    they did Infinity Gauntlet as just a team up between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, with Doctor Strange added to the Avengers

and they made it a two part thing, like Deathly Hallows

• Options
    Marvel is outright calling Thor, Cap, Iron Man and Hulk the "core four" so they know they are the most important part of the whole thing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    what if
    they did Infinity Gauntlet as just a team up between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, with Doctor Strange added to the Avengers

well, you don't want to go overboard with these movies. they've paced themselves really well so far, you don't really want to do more than two movies a year. they're really close to overdoing it already

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Yeah, I've been watching out for any references to a pilot called Carol Danvers, but sadly that has yet to happen. We should start seeing some more SHIELD agents now though, right? Mockingbird and Agent 13 have to show up sometime, don't they?

Sharon Carter is meant to be a supporting character in Cap 2. The First Avenger spoilers
    Amanda Righetti is implied to be her in the epilogue. I want them to bring her back in the sequel official as Carter.

Can Marvel use Black Panther? Isn't his rights tied with FF?

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    what if

well, you don't want to go overboard with these movies. they've paced themselves really well so far, you don't really want to do more than two movies a year. they're really close to overdoing it already
    They're definitely keeping to the 2 movie schedule until 2016 at least

well they were before Hulk got a massive push from Avengers, now it looks like they might put out three movies in 2014? Cap 2, Ant-Man and Hulk

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    re war machine:

I just figured the reasons he wasn't there were:
    rhodey's a military man, not a superhero, so when the council said no and the military no-showed the invasion, rhodey would go along. also, I don't think nick fury would want a guy like rhodey in the loop, either.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah

I kinda wish they did something like that for War Machine in Avengers, or at least give an excuse as to why he doesn't show up. They covered just about every other loose end.

this didn't bother me much

i mean
    there wasn't any sort of military response at all in the final fight, which didn't go on that long really

it's easy to say that since war machine is a military guy, he was grounded while the military futz around trying to figure out what to do

• Options
    re war machine:

rhodey's a military man, not a superhero, so when the council said no and the military no-showed the invasion, rhodey would go along. also, I don't think nick fury would want a guy like rhodey in the loop, either.
    The Council was international, not the American military.

and the military didn't no-show, there are several shots of National Guard/Army trucks and jeeps rolling in after the invasion got underway

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    re war machine:

I think it's entirely plausible to say that maybe he was there, but he was fighting at the perimeter of the invaded area and we just didn't see him

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Yeah

i mean
    there wasn't any sort of military response at all in the final fight, which didn't go on that long really

it's easy to say that since war machine is a military guy, he was grounded while the military futz around trying to figure out what to do
    There was totally a military response!

I mean it isn't a big deal, I just wish they would have thrown in a line like they did with Jane Foster.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah

i mean

I mean it isn't a big deal, I just wish they would have thrown in a line like they did with Jane Foster.
    i do not remember seeing the military do a dang thing

not a shot fired

• Options
    Yeah

i mean

i do not remember seeing the military do a dang thing

not a shot fired
    I just saw the movie again like 3 hours ago.

Trust me.

Hell, there is footage of the thing we are talking about in the dang trailer.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    re war machine:

and the military didn't no-show, there are several shots of National Guard/Army trucks and jeeps rolling in after the invasion got underway
    even if the national guard was brought in (i coulda sworn it was SWAT), rhodey is air force, and wouldn't be there. as for the council being international, that has no relevance. from what we saw, they can just as easily call off the u.s. military as they could order a nuke above fury's head.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Where was spider man or the fantastic four

Maybe daredevil could beat up people

• Options
    re war machine:

even if the national guard was brought in (i coulda sworn it was SWAT), rhodey is air force, and wouldn't be there. as for the council being international, that has no relevance. from what we saw, they can just as easily call off the u.s. military as they could order a nuke above fury's head.
    well the plane with the nuke came off of the helicarrier

so that was still a shield thing, i guess

though it is terrifying to think that shield, as an international entity, has nuclear weapons

point is them ordering a nuke was still strictly under their leadership of shield

• Options
    Look I am not saying you are wrong!

I am just saying I wish they would have had an official "Hey where's your friend, Stark" "Oh he can't come because _____" thing since they went out of their way to cover every other loose end

also
    gNIKJ.png
    Those ain't SWAT AJ

you're losing your mind

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.