• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Legba wrote: »

Avengers got the taste of the Ang Lee disaster out completely. The second movie was fine not amazing but I think a Third will use their new Banner pretty damn well and kick start it.

What I want is Disney to just burn their contracts with Fox and Sony so Marvel can finally make a cohesive film universe.

God Knows Warner Brothers can't seem to do it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Caedere wrote: »
    So, I keep seeing people claiming that the official, Word of God confirmation is that

(Spoilers for... well, you can likely guess. ;p )
    Coulson has been confirmed to be actually alive

But I haven't been able to find any source for this anywhere. Any idea where it would be, or is it just bullshit?
    It's bullshit.

I mean it is bullshit so far as no one has confirmed that.

It might end up being true, but probably not.

Well there was that interview I posted a few pages ago
    Where Clark Gregg says that Whedon told him he would survive, but either one of them could be lying (probably Whedon)

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So, I keep seeing people claiming that the official, Word of God confirmation is that

But I haven't been able to find any source for this anywhere. Any idea where it would be, or is it just bullshit?
    It's bullshit.

Where Clark Gregg says that Whedon told him he would survive, but either one of them could be lying (probably Whedon)
    Yeah considering Whedon has outright lied about a few things he was trying to hide about the film pre-release I doubt it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

It's bullshit.

He said he'd still have work. Nothing about surviving.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

This is one of the great works of literature in the English language.

• Options

It's bullshit.

Yeah considering Whedon has outright lied about a few things he was trying to hide about the film pre-release I doubt it
    Maybe in Iron Man 3 they'll introduce his brother, Bill Coulson.

• Options
    I like the idea of an army of Coulsonbots, but yeah.

• Options
    Anyway, this movie was spectacular.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    there were rumors about him becoming the vision

though these were going around months ago when coulson's death was just kind of assumed because it's fucking whedon

• Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    I still vastly prefer Ang Lee's Hulk over the Norton one

• Options

though these were going around months ago when coulson's death was just kind of assumed because it's fucking whedon

I feel like that would be just really awful.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

Are you serious

• Options
    Ang Lee's Hulk has one redeeming feature. The sequence when he's being chased by the army in the desert is awesome.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

I feel like that would be just really awful.

It is infinitely better than the comic variation.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

Are you serious

Absolutely.

I think the article linked above made some good points about what was wrong with Ang Lee's Hulk, but it was way more interesting than Norton's film.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Well, Ang Lee's did have Nick Nolte going for it, that's something.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I've seen the end of Avengers probably about twenty times now.
    There's a part of me that's still trying to convince itself that the guy in the suit who passes Agent Hill in the overhead shot looks like Coulson.

E: Frig, hope no one saw that.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

Are you serious

Absolutely.

I think the article linked above made some good points about what was wrong with Ang Lee's Hulk, but it was way more interesting than Norton's film.

Norton's hulk was way more coherent, had way better action sequences, and had a much better leading man. Nick nolte is also horrible.

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Also, I am totally okay with
    Coulson coming back as Vision ala Donald Ferguson from Invincible.

• Options
    Nick Nolte is amazing. I love his insane ranting in Ang Lee's Hulk so much.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I like it when he imitates Bana's temper tantrum at the end

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options

Are you serious

Absolutely.

Norton's hulk was way more coherent, had way better action sequences, and had a much better leading man. Nick nolte is also horrible.

Nolte could have worked as anyone but Absorbing Man.

Like seriously even Abomination would have made more sense.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Nick Nolte IS

The Leader

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Legba wrote: »

:^: This makes me hopeful for a new Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    However, "The Avengers" isn't only selling movie tickets -- it's selling shawarma! According to TMZ, a scene in the film (no spoilers!) has led to a spike in demand for the meat wraps. In fact, the manager of Ro Ro's Chicken in Hollywood says that shawarma sales jumped 80 percent in the days after the movie's opening.

i will be honest

i saw the movie in nyc on a sunday afternoon, maybe ~10 blocks from where the final act of the movie takes place

we were very tempted to get shawarma

(but then we got thai)

poo
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    However, "The Avengers" isn't only selling movie tickets -- it's selling shawarma! According to TMZ, a scene in the film (no spoilers!) has led to a spike in demand for the meat wraps. In fact, the manager of Ro Ro's Chicken in Hollywood says that shawarma sales jumped 80 percent in the days after the movie's opening.

i will be honest

i saw the movie in nyc on a sunday afternoon, maybe ~10 blocks from where the final act of the movie takes place

(but then we got thai)

I wish there was a place to get shawarma near me.

I live in the navel of America, Kansas City, and there isn't a place that I'm aware of in town that does shwarma or kebabs. Gyros sure, but they're definitely not the same.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Nick Nolte IS

The Leader

Or Zzax

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular

i will be honest

(but then we got thai)

I live in the navel of America, Kansas City, and there isn't a place that I'm aware of in town that does shwarma or kebabs. Gyros sure, but they're definitely not the same.

Internet tells me Papu's Cafe

• Options
    JoeUser wrote: »

i will be honest

(but then we got thai)

Hmm...Waldo, not the best neighborhood to just go cruising for food. But I suppose I could make an exception.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

It's bullshit.

Honestly,
    They just need to have him in flashbacks, and it'll be perfect. Same character, same personality and awesomeness, and it would only make the death that much more poignant

That's the best way to handle it, and it requires the least about of goofy theorizing, and it fits with everything overall.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options

Are you serious

Absolutely.

That's patently untrue, there was nothing incoherent about Ang Lee's Hulk. The action sequences were pretty on par, I felt, except for the stupid hulk dog bit, that was pretty ridiculous, and I really don't feel Ed Norton was all that spectacular as Bruce Banner. Better pedigree, maybe, but he didn't do anything particularly special with the character, and certainly not any "better" than Bana. And Nick Nolte is twice the man you will ever be.

Oooooooooooooooooh!

• Options

Are you serious

Absolutely.

Yes, okay, I agree, the Absorbing Man was a bizarre choice for the bad guy, but they made it work pretty okay.

• Options
    JoeUser wrote: »

i will be honest

(but then we got thai)

I am SO GLAD I live in Albuquerque. We have an extremely diverse range of the strangest restaurants, all with incredible and amazing food.

One of my local personal favorites is this batshit insane place right here: http://www.cesarsmexicanandgreek.com/index_files/Page522.htm You can click the little pictures next to the menu items for full-size ones.

It's... I have had the best gyros in my life at this place. They're super-fucking-good. Scarily good.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options

It's bullshit.

Honestly,
    They just need to have him in flashbacks, and it'll be perfect. Same character, same personality and awesomeness, and it would only make the death that much more poignant

That's the best way to handle it, and it requires the least about of goofy theorizing, and it fits with everything overall.

But
    the Vision
    is terrible.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Are you serious

Absolutely.

Yes, okay, I agree, the Absorbing Man was a bizarre choice for the bad guy, but they made it work pretty okay.
    No they didn't

not at all

the big fight scene is him turning into a big cloud/storm and Hulk yelling at him and fight over

that is not doing it pretty okay

Absorbing Man could be a great movie villain, dude has the potential for some really cool scenes and awesome fights

they did it about the worst way you possibly could

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Hey

Hey

The important thing is, I can indulge my gyros/shawarma craving at the best possible place

In fact, I'm going there for dinner tonight. MMM.

FWnykYl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.