Options

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    buttons are the past. Tony is a futurist

the real answer is (not actually a spoiler for anything)
    the buttons are on the inside of the jacket. its a formality thing: sleeker= more formal. its why most tuxedos have just one button on the jacket, and alot of tuxedo shirts appear to have no buttons (they have a flap that covers the buttons like Tony's jacket) if they don't go for studs

its it a very odd tuxedo? yes, but it still follows the rules of formal men's fashion, and its just out-there enough that someone like Tony would spend money on and wear the damn thing

So the most formal evening wear would be some sort of silken body-sock, is what I'm taking away from this

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    yes

but on this earth there are no events formal enough to require such a thing

maybe when civilization's advanced enough to where planets can marry or something

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    attending a supernova

• Options
    commemorating a quasar

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

the buttons are on the inside of the jacket. its a formality thing: sleeker= more formal. its why most tuxedos have just one button on the jacket, and alot of tuxedo shirts appear to have no buttons (they have a flap that covers the buttons like Tony's jacket) if they don't go for studs

its it a very odd tuxedo? yes, but it still follows the rules of formal men's fashion, and its just out-there enough that someone like Tony would spend money on and wear the damn thing

So the most formal evening wear would be some sort of silken body-sock, is what I'm taking away from this

form fitting =/= sleeker. imagine a fat dude in a singlet. is that a sleek look?

• Options

form fitting =/= sleeker. imagine a fat dude in a singlet. is that a sleek look?

In the future all will be glistening Adonises. Adonisi.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Genndy Tartakovsky should do a Marvel cartoon series.

That he should. Unfortunately with Loeb in charge chances are slim it would happen.

Cartoon Network has him locked down. It'll never happen.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

In the future all will be glistening Adonises. Adonisi.

well in that future, yes form fitting silken body socks will be the most formal

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    @Blankzilla

What's Nova up to right now?
    Well there's a new Nova running around as of AvX, Sam Alexander. He's basically a normal slightly jock-y teenager who somehow got his hands on a Nova Corps helmet.

Rich "died" fighting Thanos with Star-Lord, but
    it looks like Bendis is bringing all three of them back in Avengers Assemble

what Nova things should I read? Should I go back and read the 2007 run? Thanos Imperative?

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    @Blankzilla

Well there's a new Nova running around as of AvX, Sam Alexander. He's basically a normal slightly jock-y teenager who somehow got his hands on a Nova Corps helmet.

what Nova things should I read? Should I go back and read the 2007 run? Thanos Imperative?

Read DnA's run. It's fantastic.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    @Blankzilla

Start with the Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest books
    They lead into his 2007 solo series

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Are we talking about elegant sleep attire?

front-porch-4.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I need to get a sleeping suit and cravat

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    By the way, I know its a little bit late, but regarding Iron Man 2.

How does Tony expect to keep the Stark Expo going for a whole year?

That seems like a long time for an expo.

Like Jesus Christ.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Are we talking about elegant sleep attire?

front-porch-4.jpg

Barney is everything I aspire to be.

Now, imagine Barney w/ Tony Stark's money...it would be glorious!!!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

sooo blond Tony Stark without the goatee?

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Sam jackson feel wasted as Nick fury.

It's not that hes bad or anything in the role, but at his age and considering the marvel movies are going to be PG-13 at worse, we are never going to get a motha fucka line out of him. Also, hes suppose to be immortal, so he probably should have been cast as a younger man who has the potential to do more action scenes.

Nah, the immortality thing is just a throw-away retcon to justify Nick living and fighting through WWII and still being active in the Present day. He's been at this longer than Captain America now.

As far as his usefulness in the film, I disagree. He had plenty of awesome moments from
    Browbeating both Loki and the Avengers, defending the Helicarrier bridge with some pretty impressive gun-fu, and crippling a taxing F-35

Plus he's a leader type who happens to be a badass, he's a spy, not a front line combat guy. I thought they established that well.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

sooo blond Tony Stark without the goatee?

Or the sense of personal responsibility.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I love
    war machine

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    @Blankzilla

:^:

• Options
    As far as tech goes War Machine is the most likely way anyone is becoming a super hero. Functional military power-suits are probably a few decades away, and all of the weapons WM used were real guns (you can see the FN-2000 bolted to his arm, etc). The only thing that is unlikely is powered flight.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    $200 million domestic is crazy.

Also, I went to see this and the speakers in the theater blew out so I had to get my money back. Sucks.

• Options
    As far as tech goes War Machine is the most likely way anyone is becoming a super hero. Functional military power-suits are probably a few decades away, and all of the weapons WM used were real guns (you can see the FN-2000 bolted to his arm, etc). The only thing that is unlikely is powered flight.

wait what really?

• Options
    It was too much movie for your theater to handle man. Power overwhelming.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    $200 million domestic is crazy.

Also, I went to see this and the speakers in the theater blew out so I had to get my money back. Sucks.

You must clearly find a new theater, one that can contain and properly present the awesome that is The Avengers.

Me, I plan on hitting a matinee today, because damnit, it's been 4 days since I've seen it and I must see it again and count how many lines/jokes/easter eggs I can find the 2nd go round.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

wait what really?

Yep, it's really easy to see if you pause it on the part where Rhody cuts the drone in half with his wrist gun. That's the FN-2000.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Man if your killbots can't stand up to small arms fire what is the point

Hobnail on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I need to get a sleeping suit and cravat

First GIS for "sleeping suit"

okbcp.jpg

I don't even

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Via Twitter.

AsZClAfCIAEiScV.jpg

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    A gun isn't a weapon to a normal person

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    A gun isn't a weapon to a normal person

Well, as has been repeatedly demonstrated, Joe Citizen in the Marvel Universe is a total moron.

Like, there's sewer mold that could outwit an average person in the MU.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I've seen that around, love the Coulson bit

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    I don't understand the appeal of Coulson.

ps. Please don't lynch me.

• Options
    Grog wrote: »

He's the everyman that your average movie goer can attach to and empathize with.

He's a dude that just does his job, no matter what batshit crazy stuff is happening around him. Coulson provides a grounding influence on the proceedings and gives a glimpse into how the average joe would hope to get by in the Marvel universe.

That and he's got good comedic timing, and get's fed some great lines throughout the movies.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

Same here, to be honest

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    However, "The Avengers" isn't only selling movie tickets -- it's selling shawarma! According to TMZ, a scene in the film (no spoilers!) has led to a spike in demand for the meat wraps. In fact, the manager of Ro Ro's Chicken in Hollywood says that shawarma sales jumped 80 percent in the days after the movie's opening.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

It's like was said above. He's a regular guy dealing with Tony Stark's ego and all the mad superscience in the MU. He's competent, reasonably intelligent, and amusing. Nice grounding influence.

Plus, Clark Gregg is a fun guy from everything I've seen.

ps. I will make no such promise.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    man I fell in love with this place I go to when I asked them what sort of meat they had that wasn't the chicken one, if it was beef or lamb

it was beef and lamb

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    So, I keep seeing people claiming that the official, Word of God confirmation is that

(Spoilers for... well, you can likely guess. ;p )
    Coulson has been confirmed to be actually alive

But I haven't been able to find any source for this anywhere. Any idea where it would be, or is it just bullshit?

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Caedere wrote: »
    So, I keep seeing people claiming that the official, Word of God confirmation is that

(Spoilers for... well, you can likely guess. ;p )
    Coulson has been confirmed to be actually alive

But I haven't been able to find any source for this anywhere. Any idea where it would be, or is it just bullshit?
    It's bullshit.

I mean it is bullshit so far as no one has confirmed that.

It might end up being true, but probably not.

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.