OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    I don't like these votes at all.

Neither do I :(

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Now with all you've just learned in this thread i am not using for masturbational purposes I want you to tell me who the main vote target of Star Wars Phalla One is. I can tell you it's not TheRoadVirus, he was just on a day one bandwagon that he didn't really care about, plus he was fucking boring himself. It wasn't Infidel, because he was some foreign queen who the phalla has not really provided sufficient information about either. You might be thinking that it was Peccavi, because he was like a padawan who became suspicious when his master blew up but the audience didn't pay any attention to him until 14 hours after the day started and the events around him are pretty much out of his control or understanding. If a player has no concept of what's going on or what's at stack there's no real tension or drama. Without that there's no information.

So the conclusion is that there isn't one.

Before the phalla began I was really excited to hear that eclectic poster Farangu had been cast as a Jedi Knight. I thought that was a great choice and he'd be perfect as a lead poster. But he wasn't really. He just had his padawan die and complains a lot. So you may like the other vote targets. You know, if you're stupid.

But let's ask some real people about the vote targets and see what they say! I pose this simple challenge to you: Describe why you're voting for someone without saying we should know what you're talking about or goin' along with someone else. Describe them like you're talking to someone who ain't never read another phalla post. The more descriptive they can get the stronger the case.

FAHRANGUU.

He exists in a checkless state like Peccavi but the group's thoughts seem to ignore this because the masters personally voted out his target rather than the rest of the players voting out his target, forgetting that there is likely to be equal distribution of sith among the masters as in the rest of the playerbase. Votes for Peccavi himself not acknowleging this fact or giving any personal reasoning for why we should put Peccavi in my creepy basement. Present in a system where control does not make sense. Attempts to sow nerves about the council.

If we need to take care of him I have a good recommendation for carbon monoxide, it's odorless, colorless, and your ex-wife won't know what

DAY TWO: EVERYBODY BLAMES EVERYONE

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    That sure is some ambitious theme-posting. I wonder if he can keep this up for the full week or more a main is likely to run?

Gaslight on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Is there a non blarney spreadsheet available?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    That sure is some ambitious theme-posting. I wonder if he can keep this up for the full week or more a main is likely to run?

We'll just kill him when he starts to slack

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

He's still on part one of the review, iirc, and the thing is 7 parts long. I think he'll make it.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i jus need to putthe pizzah rolls in the oven an ill be god to go again

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Also, I'm off to class in a bit, I'll go with TheRoadVirus for now, but I'll try and monitor this in class if possible.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

I'm really impressed that he can keep it themed AND provide good analysis at the same time :)

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

I've got a slightly lame one. What do you want to know?

• Options

Just want to look. Can never see his.

Not that Im great at anylasis mind you.

• Options
    This is the funniest star wars thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    For the record, this concerns me:
    jdarksun wrote: »
    jdarksun What is up with your points breakdown? Where did you get information on a Knight planet influence? It could very well be important.
    They were totally incorrect. The +3 for a Master was pure conjecture, the +2 from Knights was a misunderstanding (or misinterpretation) on my part.

Almost done. Need to do one more pass for Padawans.

Pressing for details on how the numbers came out in order to see if it would implicate anyone. AFAIK only knights have any kind of number, and it wasn't posted explicitly by anyone that I noticed. Doing all that math for a good while on "pure conjecture" as well?

It comes across as working with other sources that he would rather not highlight. Nothing was said that directly contradicts or incriminates, but it still seems suspect to me. Unfortunately it is something that is easily denied for now and if it is honest work then I want to see at least what comes from multiple results to work with. Pointing this out for later down the road, and because some people have spoken of trust towards jdarksun that isn't really earned by posting numbers that don't have much of a story yet.

I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND A GOOD VOTE BUT LOOKING.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

Just want to look. Can never see his.

Not that Im great at anylasis mind you.

Here you go: Spreadhseet

• Options
    Found it.
    From the information I have gathered, a Knight provides 2, a Padawan can boost that using Support by 1, and a Master can add 3. (so, yes, 1-2-3, but the 1 can't be added absent the 2)

This information is all first hand, so unless the folk who gave me the values were lying, it's legit. Though possibly not exhaustive.

Someone told you 2, who was it? Based on this post I don't see why you have been hesitant in bringing up this discrepancy.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    And the best I got from reviewing today, !schuss for posting sweet-nothings and taking an easy vote on me after the HES A SITH thing and Rysk's post/vote.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I'm just against the Day 1 wagon witch hunting in general. I've never seen it produce results. The mafia aren't going to be stupid enough to make such an easy trail.

I'm going with corvidae for his very odd voting activity today. I don't necessarily care he voted TRV, but he did so 3 times. And never had a reason.

And then when I asked him about it he ignored me.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

It wont be hard. The review he's basing it off goes 10 parts.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    And the best I got from reviewing today, !schuss for posting sweet-nothings and taking an easy vote on me after the HES A SITH thing and Rysk's post/vote.

It's not enough that my master ignores me, now other people hate me too. Maybe I should just go to the dark side to get some attention...

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    TheRoadVirus makes me sick.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I need to reread most of today's activity, but for now I'm gonna follow infidel's lead on !schuss

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    TheRoadVirus makes me sick.

That's literal, on account of me licking all your property. Enjoy your space flu!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    corvidae for triple weird vote post

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Found it.
    From the information I have gathered, a Knight provides 2, a Padawan can boost that using Support by 1, and a Master can add 3. (so, yes, 1-2-3, but the 1 can't be added absent the 2)

This information is all first hand, so unless the folk who gave me the values were lying, it's legit. Though possibly not exhaustive.

Someone told you 2, who was it? Based on this post I don't see why you have been hesitant in bringing up this discrepancy.

Mabey I'm being thick. But who revealed this information from the council?

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    Thank you for the recaps. There are a lot of pages to go through even when I try to sneak peaks on breaks...
    Now with all you've just learned in this thread i am not using for masturbational purposes I want you to tell me who the main vote target of Star Wars Phalla One is. I can tell you it's not TheRoadVirus, he was just on a day one bandwagon that he didn't really care about, plus he was fucking boring himself. It wasn't Infidel, because he was some foreign queen who the phalla has not really provided sufficient information about either. You might be thinking that it was Peccavi, because he was like a padawan who became suspicious when his master blew up but the audience didn't pay any attention to him until 14 hours after the day started and the events around him are pretty much out of his control or understanding. If a player has no concept of what's going on or what's at stack there's no real tension or drama. Without that there's no information.

So the conclusion is that there isn't one.

Before the phalla began I was really excited to hear that eclectic poster Farangu had been cast as a Jedi Knight. I thought that was a great choice and he'd be perfect as a lead poster. But he wasn't really. He just had his padawan die and complains a lot. So you may like the other vote targets. You know, if you're stupid.

But let's ask some real people about the vote targets and see what they say! I pose this simple challenge to you: Describe why you're voting for someone without saying we should know what you're talking about or goin' along with someone else. Describe them like you're talking to someone who ain't never read another phalla post. The more descriptive they can get the stronger the case.

FAHRANGUU.

He exists in a checkless state like Peccavi but the group's thoughts seem to ignore this because the masters personally voted out his target rather than the rest of the players voting out his target, forgetting that there is likely to be equal distribution of sith among the masters as in the rest of the playerbase. Votes for Peccavi himself not acknowleging this fact or giving any personal reasoning for why we should put Peccavi in my creepy basement. Present in a system where control does not make sense. Attempts to sow nerves about the council.

If we need to take care of him I have a good recommendation for carbon monoxide, it's odorless, colorless, and your ex-wife won't know what

DAY TWO: EVERYBODY BLAMES EVERYONE
    “This is a special news bulletin. This is Jedi correspondent Hammer Wilga. As you know, the Sith have begun a push to topple our Jedi council. Information has moved quickly and I am here to keep you up to date.

The day began with haunting news, as the Jedi council reported heavy Sith attacks in the Nal Hutta system, along with a strong Sith interference in the mission to Bothawui. (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23033128#Comment_23033128) Knight ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○ (38th Doe) was placed into stasis on suspicion of Sith activity. While many Jedi supported the move, some have raised concerns that sinister forces may have worked to move public suspicion from Knight Vashta Nerada (The Road Virus). Knight Nerada's involvement in the underperforming mission to Bothawui has also raised concerns.

A furor erupted when padawan Butscratch'A (CaptainPlanet82) made statement indicating a greater knowledge of his master's mission than a padawan normally received (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23035626#Comment_23035626). When confronted with this discrepancy, he attempted to offer clarification (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23035726#Comment_23035726). The newest knight of the order, Xzibit (Peccavi) condemned Butscratch'A as a traitor, with support from other Jedi. Even so, other have cast suspicion on Xzibit himself, questioning his judgment and whispering about his rapid ascent in the ranks.

Padawan Krema Martyr (jdarksun) has been tirelessly working in the research labs, piecing together reports of last night's battles (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23036583#Comment_23036583). Analysis is ongoing, and all loyal Jedi are encouraged to review the data.

Finally, the legendary “Sword of the Jedi” Kado (AkimboLegs) has emerged. Having purged the order of at least one traitor, he has called for all loyal Jedi to go out into the galaxy and battle the Sith. He has also requested that all Jedi inform him of their destination, to better identify the traitors in our midst (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23038057#Comment_23038057).

Take heed my brethren! One traitor has fallen already! Though the future may look dark, we shall prevail!

Hammer Out.”

I am going to throw in a vote for That Dave Fella. I am not sold on the Peccavi or TheRoadVirus

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Tentative vote on Malkor for a lot of low to no content posts.

Of the two leading wagons I think voting theroadvirus is pretty silly as

1. The only reason he is really being voted is because he was yesterday's wagon, which is a fairly poor way to find mafia
    and
    2. He's acting like a confused villager to the tee, and I don't think TRV is quite so experienced enough to pull that off to the extent he is now as a sith. Too genuine.

Have to catch up on the thread to figure out why the fuck people are even voting for peccavi.

• Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    Hmmm. I'm completely confused on what is going on. I don't know who to trust but I can always get behind a CaptainPlanet vote.

Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    Tentative vote on Malkor for a lot of low to no content posts.

Of the two leading wagons I think voting theroadvirus is pretty silly as

1. The only reason he is really being voted is because he was yesterday's wagon, which is a fairly poor way to find mafia
    and
    2. He's acting like a confused villager to the tee, and I don't think TRV is quite so experienced enough to pull that off to the extent he is now as a sith. Too genuine.

Have to catch up on the thread to figure out why the fuck people are even voting for peccavi.

They think I used Palpatine-level string-pulling to get my master killed.

And think I went after CaptainPlanet for no good reason.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I believe I am caught up, vote wise. Content wise, not as much.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 1226)

Peccavi leads with 7 votes, TheRoadVirus is next at 6 votes. CaptainPlanet82 has 4 votes, corvidae has 3 votes, Infidel and schuss each have 2.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    I think you went after me for no good reason too, Peccavi. I'm keeping an eye on you. But TheRoadVirus sounded like a bigger red flag for today.

not sure what i've missed since i got out of work but realized i didn't vote yet.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    Well, if we're going to tie it up, I'll hop back on The Road Virus. I'm not sold on either him or peccavi, but no point in losing three today.

• Options
    Well, if we're going to tie it up, I'll hop back on The Road Virus. I'm not sold on either him or peccavi, but no point in losing three today.

Losing three what?
    Has Obi said what happens on a tie?

• Options
    It comes across as working with other sources that [jdarksun] would rather not highlight.
    I made a mistake. I'm not actually glossing over anything, I just can't figure out how I made it. Late on the 7th, SaberOverEasy told our group:
    As a knight, I can only add 1 to a planet when I go on a mission there. I'm guessing that's standard. As a pure guess, I'd say masters can add 2, which would put us at halfway to a conquest if both padawans assisted.
    So I had the correct information for Padawans and Knights before today (unfortunately, Vanilla doesn't display PM times to the user, so I don't know exactly when before today). And Saber's guess (in this instance) was correct (2 Knights + 2 Padawan's Support + (1 Master x 2 Knights) = 6). Best I can figure, I either read that wrong or accidentally added the Padawan's value twice ("If a Padawan is Supporting he's worth 1, and a Knight with Support is worth 2...").

Okay, that is the much more boring answer. :D SaberOverEasy won't dispute that quote I'm sure.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

Losing three what?
    Has Obi said what happens on a tie?

Yep. Both of the people tied, and the person whose vote led to the tie die.

• Options
    It comes across as working with other sources that [jdarksun] would rather not highlight.
    I made a mistake. I'm not actually glossing over anything, I just can't figure out how I made it. Late on the 7th, SaberOverEasy told our group:
    As a knight, I can only add 1 to a planet when I go on a mission there. I'm guessing that's standard. As a pure guess, I'd say masters can add 2, which would put us at halfway to a conquest if both padawans assisted.
    So I had the correct information for Padawans and Knights before today (unfortunately, Vanilla doesn't display PM times to the user, so I don't know exactly when before today). And Saber's guess (in this instance) was correct (2 Knights + 2 Padawan's Support + (1 Master x 2 Knights) = 6). Best I can figure, I either read that wrong or accidentally added the Padawan's value twice ("If a Padawan is Supporting he's worth 1, and a Knight with Support is worth 2...").

Okay, that is the much more boring answer. :D SaberOverEasy won't dispute that quote I'm sure.

Nope, I sure won't :) I'll even add that we had a testy little exchange over that and the fact that there was no PM for his support. We made like bros and hugged it out though.

• Options
    Wow. That's pretty cool.
    peccavi
    I'm too innocent to die.... Alone

• Options
    IF YOUR ACTION IS NOT ACCOUNTED FOR IN MY SPREADSHEET, PLEASE HELP FILL IN THE BLANKS

I'm going to keep banging this drum until I have all the slots on the spreadsheet filled in.

@jdarksun
    I supported for Fondor

• Options
    I'll even add that we had a testy little exchange over that and the fact that there was no PM for his support. We made like bros and hugged it out though.
    I hate being wrong, and I hate admitting it publicly.

I am also, apparently, a whiny little girl.

We can go back and find the Pretty Princess box if you want to ;)

• Options
    Anyone up for one last round of Pretty Pretty Jedi before I die? You can have the tiara!