As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Operation: THREAD CLOSED. Post in the New One.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    What's the point of the human adapt? Singularity doesn't lift anything with armor or shields, and 70% of the rest of shit just dodges it. Shockwave doesn't hit anything; even in shit's face, it goes right through with no effect.

I mean, what the hell is a Human adapt supposed to be doing? Obviously not spamming skills.
    Being bad mostly. It's a pretty shitty class for all the reasons you just listed. Singularity is the worst biotic power in the game and Shockwave is buggy as fuck.

on my human adept I maxed/focused on warping all the things. that's pretty spamable. but yeah, after I got drell I haven't played human since.

Gonna give this vorcha a try. low shield in your face character type... this'll be interesting. Also trying out my new Graal.

or not, I can't find any games

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Seriously game, I've dropped maybe a million credits since they dlc dropped and you can't give me a new character?

Fighting through 2 pub silvers, with usually a failed game or two in between, only to get a Striker VII as a reward sucks most of my desire to play this away.

Wish I could play Gold regularly like some of you folk, at least then I could get more than a Spectre pack every 4-5 games.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...the lack of a Rebellion box is very annoying.

Not only that but I get character cards for shit I've already maxed before I get new characters.

That's just sad.

• Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    So a friend just asked me a question and I have no idea, is the community goal per platform or is it across the spectrum?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    can anybody on xbox help me get my commendation right now? GT is TroubleBrewin

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Peff wrote: »
    So a friend just asked me a question and I have no idea, is the community goal per platform or is it across the spectrum?

Full Spectrum.

• Options
    i think it's across all the platforms...

also this happened.
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540677806234973364/B294434EC6E0DF6FEC53CD9CA83A2924796BF289/

I bloodlusted and died immediately then my body went on top of the tunnel in that map. then through progressive buttons being pushed I ended up above all the radar dishes on that level looking down at it.

• Options
    Dharma BumDharma Bum Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Not only that but I get character cards for shit I've already maxed before I get new characters.

That's just sad.

You might be at the point where its wiser to give up on the packs and stockpile credits for the next expansion.

olgafjpg.jpg
  • Options
    i feel bad because I've gotten two of the dlc classes so far and I've only been playing for a couple weeks

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    The last four PSP I've gotten have been uniformly disappointing (hurray, Geth Assault Rifle V and SMG *eye roll*). I know that's small pickings compared to you guys who regularly farm a dozen or so, but I think I'm going back to Specter backs. At least I can get a few more consumables with the shit that washes up.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Dharma Bum wrote: »

That's just sad.

You might be at the point where its wiser to give up on the packs and stockpile credits for the next expansion.

Well...I still have a few golds and like most of my N7 are only at 1-3 and I'm more of a weapon person.

That being said I believe I have yet to unlock Geth Infiltrator either...>_>...

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I wish I could be sure that the match I did Friday afternoon with a vorcha teammate counted, because I haven't gotten another one fulfilling the conditions yet and I really really want to go back to playing bronze.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    sonofabitch one of those psp's that I missed due to server crashes had a geth smg.

on the other hand my carnifex appears to be level VI now so that's cool

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Sooooo, I just did 2 consecutive silver matches with 2 vorchas and myself as a Cerb adept, and no commendation pack. I thought it would be instant. Is that not the case or am I suffering some bullshit bug? What are my options here?

EDIT: So that this isn't a while post; whooooo I did my first gold match today (twice with the same group too!)! I really like my Turian Sentinel!

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    sonofabitch one of those psp's that I missed due to server crashes had a geth smg.

on the other hand my carnifex appears to be level VI now so that's cool

Packs aren't distributed until Tuesday.

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Oh, I thought that was just the victory packs, awesome thanks :)

• Options
    I'm not sure why you quoted me though. but yeah... I wish there was a counter for our allied progress.

I know I've been around for maybe 15-20 retrieval objectives this weekend. not sure about the rest of the world though.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Blast, yeah there it says on the site, starts 6pm PST Friday. I think I did it around 5:30 or so. Well I have the rest of the day, so hopefully I luck out.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Silver Solo run. Result: Mission failed. Wave 7. Lonely Phantom. Decide to charge her as a Krogan Vanguard. I hit, she staggers, I land one shot, and before I can get another one in...she instakills me. Appearantly Phantoms act like Banshees now in that regard, meaning they don't have to execute a normal melee attack before instakilling. Can anyone confirm this?

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Silver Solo run. Result: Mission failed. Wave 7. Lonely Phantom. Decide to charge her as a Krogan Vanguard. I hit, she staggers, I land one shot, and before I can get another one in...she instakills me. Appearantly Phantoms act like Banshees now in that regard, meaning they don't have to execute a normal melee attack before instakilling. Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah. All sync kills have been buffed. I believe frequently and reaction time for one.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I just wish that they couldn't Force Pull you from 10 feet away into their kill animations.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, yesterday I was executed by an atlas that was all the way on the other side of the room. Right as I was about to medigel too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Vorcha seems to be a crapshoot, some games I rule the scoreboard but others I'll get my stupid ass killed every other wave.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    What's the point of the human adapt? Singularity doesn't lift anything with armor or shields, and 70% of the rest of shit just dodges it. Shockwave doesn't hit anything; even in shit's face, it goes right through with no effect.

I mean, what the hell is a Human adapt supposed to be doing? Obviously not spamming skills.
    Being bad mostly. It's a pretty shitty class for all the reasons you just listed. Singularity is the worst biotic power in the game and Shockwave is buggy as fuck.

Still better than the Cerberus Adept. At least it has Warp.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    shockwave and singularity are okay at some specific stuff; it depends on the map. Using both you can essentially hold a corner with singularity, then set off explosions from out of LoS using shockwave. Works really well on glacier, especially since singularity will kind of slow down the mobs it can't pick up

They're pretty bad against reapers though because brutes and banshees both just run through shockwave/singularity

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    shockwave and singularity are okay at some specific stuff; it depends on the map. Using both you can essentially hold a corner with singularity, then set off explosions from out of LoS using shockwave. Works really well on glacier, especially since singularity will kind of slow down the mobs it can't pick up

They're pretty bad against reapers though because brutes and banshees both just run through shockwave/singularity

I actually rolled one up yesterday to see what it can do and its alright. My biggest problem is the tier 4 (5?) evolution of shockwave where you have to choose between more 50% range or 65% biotic explosions. You really do need both. At 10 yards shockwave is just too short to be very useful. The ability is often very buggy and ignored by enemies.

Singularity could certainly use the buff where it can effect shielded enemies similar to Lash. As it currently works it is inferior to Stasis bubble in every possible way.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Everyone who considers using shockwave: I've heard that shockwave only bugs out when you choose the "30% bigger radius" evolution at Rank 4 instead of the other one. Since then I've used shockwave quite a lot with the other evolution and it hasn't bugged out a single time for me.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Just did a pub gold reaper with a 12 year old kid and a British dude on mike.

You would think it would be terrible...

It was pretty great!

Not only did we get full extraction (in no small part due to my use of decoy :p ), but they had a whole big brother/little brother thing going on.

"OH MY GOSH BANSHEE!"

"Dunna worry! I'ma cooomin!"

It was pretty :3

Everyone had at least 60k by match's end, but things were pretty hairy there for a while.

I'm very fortunate to have gotten most of the new characters. Cerberus Vanguard is by far my new favorite. Tossing maraders around like rag dolls and slicing 1/2 health off of every banshee and brute that gets into melee range is awesome. Made him look like Master Chief for extra fun. :whistle:

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    only new character i've gotten is vorcha soldier

i specced him for maximum health regen on bloodlist. i put the dumbest gun i can think of on him, then see if i can solo bronze by ramboing everything. never aim, never back down, never stop firing.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

i specced him for maximum health regen on bloodlist. i put the dumbest gun i can think of on him, then see if i can solo bronze by ramboing everything. never aim, never back down, never stop firing.

GPSmg or eagle?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

GPSmg or eagle?

those are pretty dumb guns, maybe i'll carry both GPSmg and GPR next time.

last one i did was viper, though

• Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular

What I've heard is that the little dodge flip they do counts as a melee attack for the grab.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Vorcha is fun.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Dharma Bum wrote: »

That's just sad.

Well...I still have a few golds and like most of my N7 are only at 1-3 and I'm more of a weapon person.

That being said I believe I have yet to unlock Geth Infiltrator either...>_>...

Whenever you get him, put the Claymore on him and spec everything for weapon damage and weapon accuracy. Everything.

He's worth the wait.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So thanks to some advice about reload canceling, a mantis X, and a nice stockpile of sniper amps, I'm really starting to enjoy the Quarian male infiltrator. Just wish I had more arc grenades.

Also, I would enjoy my Turian sentinel more if I had some type of evasion ability.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Good thing I got my extraction in early, because my SSD decided this weekend would be a good time to fail and no longer be recognized by my BIOS.

edit: and of course the SSD is the boot drive for my desktop.

Orca on
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I played a bunch of silver games last night. I had it confirmed that Reapers/Condor is my least favorite combination out of all of the possibilities. However, (insert humblebrag here). :)
    This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to do the reload canceling trick on the xbox 360?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I'm up to Vorcha Sentinel III. I will admit that the camo pattern looks pretty cool on Vorcha McZardoz.

I just wish that, instead of getting Vorcha Sentinel three times, I could've gotten one of the other Rebellion classes that I need (which is all the rest of them). I also keep getting the Batarian Sentinel and (female) Quarian Infiltrator.

In other news, I decided to help folks with the squad goal by running with my Vorcha Sentinel. I generally only use a select list of consumable equipment, so I figured I would just load out, even though it was just on Silver, to help people get their bonus packs. Adrenaline III, Assault Rifle Rail III, Stability III, and the Warfighter I gear, packing the Revenant X. I think I did ten kilothreshers of damage over the course of that match.

• Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    PSPs have been disappointing me all week. Revenant IX, Striker IX, Arc Pistol V, Geth PR VI, Widow VII...nothing useful. The best I got all week was GPS III and Geth SMG VIII.

Barely any character cards. That said, the game always loves to give me Turian Soldier. Every time.

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The Revenant on a Vorcha, eh? I should try that, I've mainly been using the Reegar on 'em.

This discussion has been closed.