As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Hahahahahahahahaha

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Bedlam vote chronology:

I tied it with 5 hours to go.

Sir Fab pushed it over the top.

Dagon put it up by one more.

Then Grimmy switched from the 2nd place to a meaningless vote (further cementing Bedlam).

Then Capfalcon voted meaninglessly.

The kime piled onto Bedlam.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Hmmmmmmmmmm

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    In the interest of full disclosure, Dagon PM'ed both me and Sir Fab, apparently on the advice of Egos, asking if there was space available in our cabins.

He came to me wanting in on my cabin. There was none so I directed him towards places where I thought there might be availability, if people are wondering.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    totally called dagon and barons to team BD, but voted for barons. can't remember who jumped on my barons, vote, but I think it's still a good choice

• Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Me Ted! Meathead!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    So, without revealing anything much, is anyone else feeling under the weather?

Yeah. Something I ate, maybe.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Then

If vigs or Serial Killers were in this game, would they be affected by the number of players on guard?

Clarification Denied

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Due to the fact I have a funeral to attend today, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post.

My much too early vote will be for Greenbarons for the reason that Langly stated (he was part of my cabin crew).

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Bedlam vote chronology:

I tied it with 5 hours to go.

Sir Fab pushed it over the top.

Dagon put it up by one more.

Then Grimmy switched from the 2nd place to a meaningless vote (further cementing Bedlam).

Then Capfalcon voted meaninglessly.

The kime piled onto Bedlam.

Are you voting for a dead mafia player..?

• Options
    No, I am labeling him as mafia.

• Options
    based on Bedlam's schizophrenic voting yesterday, I'm gonna bet on stever777 being mafia.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    My cabinmates were Bedlam, SLyM, and Sir Fabulous. So yayyy for skinchangers!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    In the interest of disclosure, Alegis and I bunked together :( He was on guard.

• Options
    Also, early in the day I asked Bedlam if he wanted to and he said he had agreed to be in another cabin and that if I found two other people he might be interested!

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Oh and sorry this didn't get up until just now but

Monocle Cabin:
    Rysk
    jdarksun
    Smoove Operator
    Rend

We're classy!

MrT - It confused me because you bold red'd his name, i.e. you voted for him :p

• Options
    edited June 2012
    New data really cuts down the crazies.
    Team MrDelicious

MrTlicious
    Capfalcon
    roman
    Dagon

Team Stabbin

Greenbarons
    GrimmyTOA
    Mr. Mojo Risin
    stever777

Team Blood Death

Egos
    Langly
    Assuran
    Inantp

Team Meatshield

Baidol
    Anialos
    Kelzor

FabCab
    kime
    Bedlam
    SLyM
    Sir Fabulous

Monocle Cabin
    REG Rysk
    jdarksun
    Smoove Operator
    Rend

Aristoflock
    Retaba
    Alegis

Cabin No-Guard
    The Anonymous
    Warban

Independent Fool
    Obifett

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    I called our Cabin Aristoflock. But that one works fine!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    We're the FabCab!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    warban and I bunked together, but I didn't send in a guard order and didn't vig anyone. So warban was likely killed by the skinchangers last night.

• Options
    so...neither of you made plans to at least have one guard?

• Options
    I find it highly... convenient... that the mafia kills were both on doubles.

I'm not sure who it is likely to implicate yet, but I highly doubt that was chance.

• Options
    I mean, to defend the couples last night, both alegis and warban were looking around for mates and seemingly not finding them last night. It could have been targets of convenience for the mafia.

We would need to look and see if they ever publicly said they had found a group.

• Options
    I'm actually thinking right now that it makes Retaba and T_A less suspicious.

Not sure though.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    based on Bedlam's schizophrenic voting yesterday, I'm gonna bet on stever777 being mafia.

You're mistaken.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options

Not sure though.

What's the reasoning on this exactly? The groups weren't public knowledge at the time, so only their partners would know for sure that they were being guarded, which might imply that they are mafia more so than not.

• Options
    I am sticking with greenbarons

He was lightning fast on the sirfab wagon, along with dagon. You might argue that two mafia would not jump on a wagon so quickly, and so close together, but I have definitely seen it happen on other days 1, and even later in a game's life as well.

Also, unless they come from before my time, they were both fairly new players, and that's an easy day 1 mistake to make. Now that Dagon has come up evil, I think it's a good shot. It's also worth saying that while bedlam was super quick to jump on stever, my initial barons vote got two votes pretty quick, and would have been the easier vote (at the time) for him to save himself.

Instead, he said nothing about it and voted on rend for no reason other than his self vote, and waited until a stever vote really got rolling, and jumped on it.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I prefer Kime to greenbarons.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Point? Counterpoint.

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

He was lightning fast on the sirfab wagon, along with dagon. You might argue that two mafia would not jump on a wagon so quickly, and so close together, but I have definitely seen it happen on other days 1, and even later in a game's life as well.

Also, unless they come from before my time, they were both fairly new players, and that's an easy day 1 mistake to make. Now that Dagon has come up evil, I think it's a good shot. It's also worth saying that while bedlam was super quick to jump on stever, my initial barons vote got two votes pretty quick, and would have been the easier vote (at the time) for him to save himself.

Instead, he said nothing about it and voted on rend for no reason other than his self vote, and waited until a stever vote really got rolling, and jumped on it.

See your fairly new thing is spot on, but it doesn't really show anything. To be honest I didn't realize that jumping on someone else on the first day was suspicious behaviour, someone's got to die right? And there really is no intel in the first day so I didn't see a difference.

• Options
    REG Rysk wrote: »

Not sure though.

What's the reasoning on this exactly? The groups weren't public knowledge at the time, so only their partners would know for sure that they were being guarded, which might imply that they are mafia more so than not.

Reasoning being that if mafia are taking the time to infiltrate cabins, they probably don't want to kill them off immediately, so they kill people that are not in their cabins.

• Options

You know Bedlam jumped on that wagon too.

2 is a maybe. 3 is...

crazypants

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »

Not sure though.

Reasoning being that if mafia are taking the time to infiltrate cabins, they probably don't want to kill them off immediately, so they kill people that are not in their cabins.

So the question is, what are the mafia thinking?
    Are they thinking "let's keep our cabins safe, so that we can infiltrate more people."
    or are they thinking "let's kill parts of our cabins, so that we have less to worry about from within"
    or are they thinking "let's split between the two, so that we cannot be nailed down for using a single strategy"

The first one is the riskiest strategy, because with soft networks come knowledge. But infiltration is high-reward.
    The second is the slightly less risky, plunging the village into chaos, since keeping track of cabins will be made much more difficult.
    The third one is the safest strategy, keeping themselves from being easily found out by public means, but ensuring them no real avenue for further attack aside from either more random killings, or adopting a new strategy in the future.

So who are the mafia? And how do they play?

• Options
    The answer to rend's question and mrt's objection to the barons vote is that the mafia is a group that absolutely hates sir fabulous

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    The answer to rend's question and mrt's objection to the barons vote is that the mafia is a group that absolutely hates sir fabulous

What??!!
    How can anyone hate Sir Fab?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    If they hated him so, he would be dead? :P

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    If they hated him so, he would be dead? :P

all according to keikeku

• Options
    edited June 2012

See your fairly new thing is spot on, but it doesn't really show anything. To be honest I didn't realize that jumping on someone else on the first day was suspicious behaviour, someone's got to die right? And there really is no intel in the first day so I didn't see a difference.

No, but this is the kind of thing a group of players would discuss and say "hey, probably shouldn't do this."

@MrTLicious - I don't think we can assume they weren't trying to spread themselves around on Night 1, after losing two of them I wouldn't be so entirely sure anymore.

EDIT: Realized this doesn't make my point well! After losing two members, I'm not sure they can spread themselves around safely with 23 players, that's a minimum 6 cabins with an assumed 3-4 more mafia members to find, so they're spread pretty thin.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    I was going under the assumption that they were trying to spread themselves around on Night 1.

• Options

mafia look for votes to jump on during day one, and a mafia tell can be someone who jumps on a wagon really quickly, and with little reasoning. It was also something that was happening to derail the votes forming up on bedlam. And you switched from Retaba to Sir Fab pretty quickly.

Nothing about this is damming, it is just my guess from the day one record.

To seriously address the Sir fab thing, I would say that bedlam voted for sir fab well into the night, as a public deal with stever. It was an effort to get more votes on fab, and not get voted out, and then have a large wagon on him if any of them came up red later. I don't think it is insane.