As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    John de Lancie literally came to my house, put a gun to my head and told me if I didn't vote for Quantum Conundrum he was going to, and I quote, "Go all Q on my asshole".

Did he not do that to ya'll?

• Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Speaking of Grimrock, if anyone knows any way to disable/hide the spiders, please speak up. All this talk of that game really makes me want to play it. Damn arachnophobia!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I was really hoping for a Quantum Conundrum sale. =[

Now I have to be tempted by Grimrock AGAIN.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Grimrock is an acquired taste, just be forewarned. I didn't like it.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    John de Lancie literally came to my house, put a gun to my head and told me if I didn't vote for Quantum Conundrum he was going to, and I quote, "Go all Q on my asshole".

Did he not do that to ya'll?

He must of known how much I would geek out (Q being my favorite Next Gen character) and passed me by.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Aw man, @APODionysus is a really classy gent, giving me the gift of Tara Strong.

<3

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Discord is in Quantum Conundrum!? :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I imagine most people had no idea what the other 2 were. And didn't feel like doing any research, so Grimrock won by default.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Reposting for the new thread:
    signature.png

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    @Dire Jay likes to be called Evil Genious on Steam. I would say that Classy Genius of Stealth Gifting would fit you more. Thank you very much for providing me with the photorealistic faces of LA Noire! I can't wait to begin needlessly shouting at every suspect in the game! SOaTQ.png

• Options
    madnessnewbmadnessnewb Registered User regular

Its 40% off in Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-41064m-Conundrum1-Conundrum/dp/B0088TTJH0

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    So I came back from a nice walk. It's the perfect sunny summer day out there, specially after the previous two crappy rainy days.
    And still, you know, there's the sale...

1W8dV.png

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Wait, in darksiders, I'm not sure if I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but I'm at the part where I have to imbue the corssblade with fire to light the bombs, but I can't target multiple objects at all? What's happening?

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options

Its 40% off in Amazon:

yes, but I preloaded my Steam Wallet to avoid getting my card shut down during the sale, so I've got Newellbux that I need to blow.

• Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    What are the chances Skyrim will get a 75% off through a flash sale?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Has any flash sale of a previous daily been less than the daily?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular

Not very good, I'd assume. I can't see them putting it on sale for 50% off now, only to drop it to 75% a couple days later. Seems like that would (rightfully) piss off more than a few people.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Okay, most weekend family obligations are over now. Back to business.

Time's running out to pull the trigger on Batman (so to speak). I haven't finished AA, but I've never seen AC so cheap!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I guess I'll pass on Arkham City then. It may show up as a daily deal. The bundle just isn't a great buy if you already have Arkham Asylum.

I don't know why steam doesn't let you gift games you already have from bundles. That seems like something that should have been in the works for a long time.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Has any flash sale of a previous daily been less than the daily?

No.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    So...LA Noire!?
    Not sure if want.

Basically is it cool enough that it would be interesting for my wife and I to play through together?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular

Zero.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    So I came back from a nice walk. It's the perfect sunny summer day out there, specially after the previous two crappy rainy days.
    And still, you know, there's the sale...

1W8dV.png

This is... 8->

Except it's a really crappy, rainy day here where I live so don't feel as bad spending the whole day inside :P

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    QUBE and Magicka.

Own one, and waiting for the other's indie pack day.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Low to non-existent. Having it be even lower than it is right now during this sale would probably piss off a lot of people.

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Yay qube.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Bastion
    Terraria
    Dungeon Defenders

75% off across the board

I have all 3, so Bastion's getting my vote. Everyone needs to own it.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

Its 40% off in Amazon:

Amazon isn't offering the season pass thing though

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Grimrock is an acquired taste, just be forewarned. I didn't like it.

I'm one of those people who is completely uninterested in it because I had my fill of that style of game when I was younger. I just never got into it, I guess.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

If you didn't get it from the Humble Bundle you are a horrible person, because that was the greatest bundle ever.

iRevert on
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Yay qube.

Woohoo, qube in cart. About right for 3 hour campaign too. Now 8 hours to see if anything joins it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Bastion
    Terraria
    Dungeon Defenders

75% off across the board

My thought as well. Bastion is pretty great. My voting doesn't seem to be taking, though.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Well, now I get to wait another 2 hours before getting my hopes up.

I would be amazed if Bastion didn't win, but then again I was surprised that Grimrock won.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    So...LA Noire!?
    Not sure if want.

Basically is it cool enough that it would be interesting for my wife and I to play through together?

Playing with someone else commenting on questioning suspects is the best way to play. I want to say 'Yes, absolutely' to your question.

$7.49 for the entire game and all of the DLC cases is a great steal.

OKAY STEAM THREAD, I WAS GONE FOR ONE DAY AND YOU WENT THROUGH 59 PAGES.

Here are some updates. First, I would like to put in a big thank you for @iolo and @maz- who BOTH gifted me Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic while on the Flash Deal last night. Please let me know if one of you would like me to 'Decline' the gift to return it or if I can take both and PA-it forward.

Second, yesterday in my opinion was the best sale day so far. Dead Island, Left4Dead Bundle, The Witcher, The Witcher 2, Alan Wake Bundle, Skyrim, Morrowind, and Oblivion.

Third, is it worth buying Skyrim separately from the Elder Scrolls Bundle? It's $29.99 for Skyrim at 50% now, but the bundle is $49.99 and includes Morrowind: Game of the Year (with Tribunal and Bloodmoon), and then Oblivion: Game of the Year (with Shivering Isles, and Knights of the Nine)? As in, do we think Morrowind / Oblivion will actually get less than 50% off at some point?

Fourth, people need to stop voting for shit that was ALREADY ON SALE. I know the average Steam customer isn't like us - simultaneously watching Steam, Amazon.com, and Greenmangaming (along with respective CAG and Twitter posts) to suss out the best deals, but voting for shit that was already a daily or a Flash Deal is stupid.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    So...LA Noire!?
    Not sure if want.

Playing with someone else commenting on questioning suspects is the best way to play. I want to say 'Yes, absolutely' to your question.

$7.49 for the entire game and all of the DLC cases is a great steal.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it's already passed. :(
    That's what happens when you wake up 5 minutes before the sale ends and have to make a snap decision!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Someone gifted me From Dust and in my sleep-deprived state I hit accept and didn't see who it was.

I realize that's about the least classy thing you could do. I wouldn't normally do this, but lack of sleep combined with a general exam-addled state has made me into an utter mess.

To whoever you are (I think your Steam ID started with an "n"), a huge thank you. I'm really looking forward to that game.

To try and make up for my egregious error, all I can think to do is pass along the good tidings, so that's what I've done.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Honestly, Morrowind is my favorite Elder Scroll game and I truly think that every Elder Scroll game after it is a downgrade (I despise Oblivion, but Skyrim turned out to be a step forward).

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Also, I just want to vote for Bastion!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Re: LA Noir, I enjoyed the first 1/3 of it immensely. The second 1/3 was still fun. Last 1/3 was stupid, plot wise.
    Keep in mind that you will probably play LA Noir once, and only once as once you finish the main story there's little to do. The game has low replayability value.

However it is in fact an interesting game and I think for $5 it's worth it.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Karoz for Painkiller Complete Pack and thanks to @APODIONYSUS for Painkiller: Black which will go up on Steamgifts soon.

This discussion has been closed.