Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Someone convince me which to buy between shogun 2 collection fear collection and the walking dead. I'll likely buy 2 but can't decide..

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Lord_Snot wrote: »
    I'd say it's written more in the style of British writers of the Victorian era. Nothing is really opaque, it does become clearer (but in my playthrough, still not completely), later on. Part of the joy of the game is there are several interpretations to take, not just "This is the story, here it is."

That allays some of my fears, though I've got some unfair bias against throwing that style around too. So long as it's not a brick wall for the sake of keeping people out of your art then I'm usually game. I'll probably bite on it before it's off the daily, I'm just about done with Heavy Rain and could use some more SERIOUS NARRATIVE.

Edit: Or I won't, because @CheesecakeRecipe is a sneaky class-ster. Friended and gifted with Esther within minutes. I thought he was another contest entry. You'll get yours, sir! You'll get yours!

(PS. Thank you a million times!)

Edit 2: Sorry, I've gotta share the message this came along with, because it's wonderful:
    AvWQ1.png

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Someone convince me which to buy between shogun 2 collection fear collection and the walking dead. I'll likely buy 2 but can't decide..

Get The Walking Dead!

signature.png

R0land1188 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Of those I've only played TWD, but it's fantastic.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Anyone have any experience with the multiplayer aspects of the assassin's creed franchise since brotherhood? Does the game have longevity in it's multiplayer, or does it get stale within a few days?

I would download a car.
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    @shiflett is helping me round out my desperate hunger for AssCreed storyline buy gifting me to original AssCreed.

I loved 2 so much that now I MUST play them all.

• Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    TWD gets my vote as well but I'll whore that game out forever because it's so fantastic.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So for some reason i couldnt stop myself from picking up the killing floor and painkiller collections over the weekend.

Now i have like 6 different painkiller options and none of them say which i should do first...

Killing floor kinda sold me with the commercial for the circus...it was pretty silly.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with the multiplayer aspects of the assassin's creed franchise since brotherhood? Does the game have longevity in it's multiplayer, or does it get stale within a few days?

It's a game of hide-and-seek, so if you're into that kind of thing then it could last you a while. Brotherhood's multiplayer lasted me a few months playing with friends, but your mileage will vary.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

In the name of all that's holy, do not skip out on The Walking Dead.

So in regards to Red Faction Guerrilla....how does the PC version run?

I seem to recall mention about there being issues with it at launch, but apparently they were fixed?

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Time is running out on Cities XL 2012.... can't decide.... still waiting for Arma 2 daily....

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    How do I get invited to the steam group so I can leech all your giveaways?

Seriously, I want in the group. I'll make a giveaway even. No, not a bs one either.

• Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Hmmm very tempted by Saints Row 3, The Walking Dead and Metro 2033- divorce may well be on the cards!

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I too want in. Though I think I actually have things to give.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    How do I get invited to the steam group so I can leech all your giveaways?

Seriously, I want in the group. I'll make a giveaway even. No, not a bs one either.

I don't think we're adding anybody until after the sale.

Stick around though, be conversive, Pay some Days and Kill some Floors. There will be time enough for class later.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    So for some reason i couldnt stop myself from picking up the killing floor and painkiller collections over the weekend.

Now i have like 6 different painkiller options and none of them say which i should do first...

Killing floor kinda sold me with the commercial for the circus...it was pretty silly.

Play Painkiller: Black before you think about touching any of the others in the PK collection.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Snagged Dear Esther for myself, and Dear Esther and KotOR for the girlfriend. One down, 3 to go for her (C'mon ME1/2 and Dragon Age! I know you wanna have a daily!).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Hmmm... I don't like having to wait 30 minutes to log into my Steam account from a different computer.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

So apparently you don't want to play any Painkiller games beyond Painkiller: Gold Edition. Everything else is terrible according to everyone who has played them.

• Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I think the only other game I'm waiting on to go on sale is Sins of a Solar Empire. It dropping to $5 would let me clear out pretty much every penny of my Steam wallet. Unless I decide to add more...

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Depends on if you've played Fear before. If you've never played the Fear games, I'd say get that and the walking dead. If you have, just go for Shogun 2 + the walking dead.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Hmmm... I don't like having to wait 30 minutes to log into my Steam account from a different computer.

Possibly related to the extra load they're seeing from the summer sale?

I log in on 4 different computers (home, iphone, work, girlfriend's place) and whenever I need a code for one of them it's usually in my gmail inbox within seconds or minutes at most.

Any chance it's in the spam folder?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

So apparently you don't want to play any Painkiller games beyond Painkiller: Gold Edition. Everything else is terrible according to everyone who has played them.
    This is correct. Do not play anything but Painkiller: black.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    I'm eyeing Esther, but I'm not sure. I'm not always one for subjective "Well what do you think it was?" stuff....Like K-PAX:
    He was a fucking alien goddamn it.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I can't vote on my phone. :(

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    kuhlmeye wrote: »

Is this the norm? I was switching between 2 different computers all weekend without any sort of time restriction.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I can't vote on my phone. :(

Is it resetting the vote? cause if you got to the site on your phones browser, you'll see it does accept the vote. The app is just a bit borked.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    I'm eyeing Esther, but I'm not sure. I'm not always one for subjective "Well what do you think it was?" stuff....Like K-PAX:

Get it, it's a great experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7VJ4lP-05A

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Also, really don't read too much about Dear Esther, you want everything to be fresh.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    @TheUnsane1 - I would for sure get Total War: Shogun 2 if you're looking for the most bang for your buck. You'll be playing that for ages.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    I'm curious about this much; is it particularly scary/unnerving?

My girlfriend isn't particularly big on eerie things, and while not wimp by any means, that sort of game isn't really for her.

Like, she enjoys a good mystery (loves Myst, for example) and puzzle games, and while the trailer doesn't lead me to believe there'll be monster closets or anything, it doesn't really say anything about the gameplay at all either.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »

Get it, it's a great experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7VJ4lP-05A

ok, boughtened. I think that's all for me today, which is ok since my wallet cried itself to sleep last night.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular

Depends on if you've played Fear before. If you've never played the Fear games, I'd say get that and the walking dead. If you have, just go for Shogun 2 + the walking dead.
    What if I've only played fear 1?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    Hey guys

signature.png

Go for it cube guys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    I'm curious about this much; is it particularly scary/unnerving?

My girlfriend isn't particularly big on eerie things, and while not wimp by any means, that sort of game isn't really for her.

Like, she enjoys a good mystery (loves Myst, for example) and puzzle games, and while the trailer doesn't lead me to believe there'll be monster closets or anything, it doesn't really say anything about the gameplay at all either.

There are disturbing undertones, but not in a spooky way. It is perplexing, and it does make you feel...unsettled, but it's not particularly scary.

• Options
    edited July 2012

What if I've only played fear 1?

Fear 1 is the best imo, so I think you're pretty much covered. Plus, Shogun 2 is a fantastic game. I'd go for Shogun 2 and the Walking Dead, then.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I wonder how many people posting their specs and performance in Metro 2033 have gone into their user.cfg file and manually enabled vsync.

• Options
    echo 78echo 78 Title Registered User regular
    Thanks to who ever invited me to the Steam group.

Cave Story. Looks kinda fun, but buying up Bastion yesterday is stopping me from purchasing Cave Story.

Do you guys really think there is going to be an ARMA 2 daily/flash sale? The game is so profitable right now I kind of doubt there will be one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Let it be known that Gear Girl is an avatar of classiness. She hath gifted me Hamilton's Great Adventure. I will now reveal shocking true information to the world.

Fact: GabeN's desk is made entirely of snails.

Sometimes they assimilate stuff nearby and add it to their genetic mass. Missing interns? Snails. Half-Life 3? Snails.

Edit: Also, I am like the only person in this PA3/BoDVII/CStW giveaway somehow. Giving it a bump for KristmasKthulhu.

Frem on
This discussion has been closed.