As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo III: 1.05 PTR notes, Enchantress no longer worth keeping around

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I think the AR on those gloves is too low for them to be sellable

• Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    Somehow got 3 legendaries today in an act 2 farm run, haha.

• Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    Any of this worth anything? If so, how much? I'd think the gloves and mojo at least would bring a hundred grand or so, and the WD knife has a fuckload of health on it.
    pricecheck3.jpg
    pricecheck2.jpg
    pricecheck1.jpg

I don't think the gloves are worth anything. Dex gloves are saturated - even for over 150 dex. Plus yours has no +crit dmg or + crit chance and very low resist. Regretfully (in my view) if you could get 20k for them that would be a good deal for you.

Don't know enough about WD stuff.

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    The gloves are bad, the offhand has pretty bad damage range, and I generally don't look at anything with 800 dps unless it has crit damage or a socket. Woo d3!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the offhand is bad

the knife is okay but wont sell well, 50k tops if somebody isn't paying attention but probably closer 20K if somebody is just looking for a small upgrade in dps and vit to tide them over, knock back and mana regen are not super valuable anymore after they nerfed proc rates and boosted the hell out of innate regen

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    hmmm I'm wondering if this is worth anything

when I search for similar items I'm not finding anything.
    Screenshot003.jpg

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    hmmm I'm wondering if this is worth anything

when I search for similar items I'm not finding anything.
    Screenshot003.jpg

Definitely worth something with the level reduction there... that would be godlike for people at that level

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    weapons of similar RLR, similar dps and a socket are up on the AH for under 100k, so not much.

Torgairon on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    When I search for level 60 2H items with RLR I keep getting no results in the AH

what gives

edit: seems like it doesn't like me specifying the level...

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Man, 110 int, 120 vit, +7% life, 14% MF, a socket, and it's bad? Seriously?

• Options
    Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    The most important stat on an offhand has got to be its damage range. I'm not sure about mojos but I know sources (pre-legendary) can look something like 105-400. So 50-150 or whatnot is unremarkable. My wizard has a simple lacerating demi lich, for instance, which is high damage range, int, and crit. Gotta get dat damage.

• Options
    45-127 dmg is a huge buzz kill on that item

• Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    When I search for level 60 2H items with RLR I keep getting no results in the AH

what gives

edit: seems like it doesn't like me specifying the level...

When you're searching, you only put the bonus amount - not the actual amount. So for that weapon, it's RLR 7, not 53.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    yeah but i was inputting level 60 as the item level, and then RLR 7

zero results

then when i removed the lvl req input field it started giving me results

Although it is kind of strange. Because that field is technically "level required", and not "item level". Meaning the max you can input is level 60.

edit: "level range", rather than "level required". Although that is its apparent meaning

Al_wat on
  • Options
    my second ivory tower in two days just dropped, this one doesn't even have a primary stat on it. brimstone, brimstone everywhere!

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    @torgairon what's your battletag?

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

zero results

Although it is kind of strange. Because that field is technically "level required", and not "item level". Meaning the max you can input is level 60.

edit: "level range", rather than "level required". Although that is its apparent meaning

For an RLR item, you need to put "level" as the level you can use it at. (Yes, it's weird.) So for a level 60 RLR 18 weapon, you'd put "42" as minimum level. Etc.

• Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    God damn, the past two days have been amazing for me. Windforce yesterday, but more importantly, Int-rolled Fire Walkers and Vile Ward today. Both were significant upgrades for me, stat-wise. Also beat A3, and now A2 is easy farming.

Good times.

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »

Torgairon#1228

just got an ilvl57 legendary staff that I've literally never even seen before, maloth's focus. proc looks like some kind of fear effect, but unfortunately 400 dps isn't what I'd call in demand...

• Options
    BountyHunterBountyHunter Registered User regular
    Torgairon wrote: »
    HexDex wrote: »

Torgairon#1228

just got an ilvl57 legendary staff that I've literally never even seen before, maloth's focus. proc looks like some kind of fear effect, but unfortunately 400 dps isn't what I'd call in demand...

i had that drop. it sucked... pre 1.0.4 too

D3: iNaddict#1252
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iNaddict
    PSN: iNaddict
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I got an Ivory Tower yesterday. That turned to Brimstone. I also got a Messerschmidt's Reaver. It was decent, but it's not mindblowing. Might be able to get 1m out of it. I haven't seen a single 61+ legendary, but I've had 5 drop since the patch. On one hand I feel like that's terrible luck, but on the other hand, I've seen 5 legendaries. Ugh. Do they even drop in A2, or do I need to move to A3/4?

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    BountyHunterBountyHunter Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »
    I got an Ivory Tower yesterday. That turned to Brimstone. I also got a Messerschmidt's Reaver. It was decent, but it's not mindblowing. Might be able to get 1m out of it. I haven't seen a single 61+ legendary, but I've had 5 drop since the patch. On one hand I feel like that's terrible luck, but on the other hand, I've seen 5 legendaries. Ugh. Do they even drop in A2, or do I need to move to A3/4?

they do drop in act 2..

D3: iNaddict#1252
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iNaddict
    PSN: iNaddict
  • Options
    One thing I am loving about 1.0.4 is how it opened up spec options. I replaced Revenge for Rend (I have never liked Revenge, I was so happy to be able to do this) and now I am thinking I might go back to merciless assault on Charge, (I leveled with that rune / skill, I miss zipping through heaps of mobs) and I think this should work okay.

Can't wait to get off ans try it out. Just 2 more hours!

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    I envy you people...

At least it eases the pain knowing my friends also haven't gotten legendaries dropped.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    I got a legendary yesterday, first ilvl 60+ out of 3 since 1.04. Messer's reaver. 950 damage with a socket and some stats, that's neat. Oh and it's going for 120k, I'm rich biotch!...

Anyways, DH update for those who helped me along. Solo killed Ghom, man that was interesting. Then partnered with my brother's barb and realized that now i carry him....instead of the other way around. So that's fun! By the way, anyone have any siblings or close friends that play the game that consistently mooch off you? I've spent millions to upgrade his gear, and by no means am I wealthy. He just doesn't know how to use the AH!

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    screenshot034x.jpg

Hurray!

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Matz wrote: »
    Smoogy wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    I've only been giving answers to the questions asked, why so mad?

I don't think anyone is actually mad. We all know people play a lot and some people a huge amount of time. Personally I just found the way you wrote it amusingly robotic in that:

1. He plays 14 hours a day.
    2. He runs Act 3 four times an hour.
    3. He picks up only 63's and legendaries.
    4. He does not brag (or show emotion). This is just what he does (as a robot).

I find it amusing that persons think this a problematic approach to gaming. Given that any particular game is just a closed system of code with which a user interacts, it seems like approaching the code in a mechanized fashion is most appropriate.

Gaming is manipulation of a system. Players simply enter data. You click a button to make the system do something.

I'm not sure why so many persons are compelled to posit illusions on top of that. Or why they strive so damn hard against the notion that they, themselves, are simply robotic mechanisms who input commands to maximize their exp, drops, etc. They want it to be about some sort of "gaming experience", some organic exchange between their person and a character within a virtual environment rather than a concatenation of button pressing and rule following.

Diablo 3 is a very elaborate version of Tetris on a very elaborate graphic calculator.

If you want to pretend like you're having a damn fantasy adventure as you fight forces of evil that's fine, I guess.

But please stop mocking individuals who recognize that it's just the manipulation of a fucking graphical user interface for the sake of increasing numbers on a database.

Because the "robots" are correct. You're the mistaken party engaged in self-delusion.

Just keep that in mind when you mock persons who turn a profit.

Not that I really want to re-start this discussion (have been off the forums) but seriously?

Don't get me wrong - I understand what you are saying about efficiency and gaming. But YES I do want to have a damn fantasy adventure and enjoy the gaming experience. That's a good part of the reason I play.

And I will mock who I want thank you very much (in a light-hearted way). I don't care if he makes a profit or why I should keep that in mind.

And we were doing so well just ignoring this outburst...hopefully everyone else just does what you obviously couldn't.

Fair enough.

@hexdex I actually spent about 2M on a new mace last night. About the same dps, +250 str, +99% crit and a socket. Skeleton King went down in about 5 seconds. Kind of wishing I had levelled my barb earlier!

To borrow from one of my favorite comedians...

Let me just be clear here. I'm not saying that barbarians are better. I'm saying that being a barbarian is clearly better! Who could even argue? If you play a barbarian and you don't admit it's great, you're an asshole!

@Chen Grats! You've got balls of steel!

HexDex on

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just started playing again with the new patch.
    What's a good Demon Hunter build for starting Inferno these days?
    This is what I'm currently using

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Just started playing again with the new patch.
    What's a good Demon Hunter build for starting Inferno these days?
    This is what I'm currently using

i dont think Rain of Vengeance is worth it.
    The game is supposed to support any type of playstyle so if it works for you, great.
    I run:

HA - devouring
    MULTIPASS! - fire at will
    tumble - cinder
    preparation - backup
    show power - gloom
    impale - pierce

The idea being that the "problem" packs are fast moving elites with any sort of cc. gloom will let you tank and heal when the poop hits the fan. tumble will not only create distance but does great damage. impale i feel is the most efficient ability for taking out kited problematic elites.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Now that I realized Act 3 is not scary at all with my new gear, my farming runs have gotten significantly more fun (wooo so many 62/63s!). However, I'm still waiting for that fun to turn to profit!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Btw, Skorn sold for 100 mil :) Apparently, some monk out there really wanted it! Now to get my Inna's and Dead Man's...

sanstodo on
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

zero results

For an RLR item, you need to put "level" as the level you can use it at. (Yes, it's weird.) So for a level 60 RLR 18 weapon, you'd put "42" as minimum level. Etc.

Yeah this was fixed in the 1.04 patch to work that way so someone would have RLR weapons return in a normal search for items of their level. No more funky search parameters to see RLR weapons.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Btw, Skorn sold for 100 mil :) Apparently, some monk out there really wanted it! Now to get my Inna's and Dead Man's...

I'm surprised YOU didn't want it for your monk! I would switch to 2-h if I found that ;) But I guess you are pimping out your DH, hehe.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular

Nice dude, congrats!

I cleared Act 4 Hell last night with a buddy (who is much stronger.) He also plays a ton and gifted me a bunch of phat lootz when I hit 60. I feel like I'm missing part of the integral Diablo 3 experience having not gone through the frustrating grind that everyone else did. Wrong/right? (I'll still do the proper solo grind with another character.)

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »

I'm surprised YOU didn't want it for your monk! I would switch to 2-h if I found that ;) But I guess you are pimping out your DH, hehe.

My bro plays a monk but we decided to keep him dual wielding (he uses the Sun Keeper that I found earlier). He doesn't have the LoH on his other gear to support a 2H. And yeah, I want to pimp out this DH for epic farming :)

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    How repugnant is it if I just started the game and I throw any yellows I don't need on the AH for 1000G each just to get some money?

Honest question, I haven't really use the AH at all except once when it first opened.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    How repugnant is it if I just started the game and I throw any yellows I don't need on the AH for 1000G each just to get some money?

Honest question, I haven't really use the AH at all except once when it first opened.

Typically those yellows will sell better to a vendor and they don't take a cut of the profits. I don't really think it's worth AHing things worth less than 50k, even if just starting back into the market.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Magic Pink wrote: »

It would be like cashing your paycheck and wiping your ass with all the bills smaller than the $100's.

EDIT: Well, depending on what level items we're talking about here. I mean, if you're 60 and putting EVERYTHING on the AH for 1k, you're guaranteed throwing money away, as Smoogy said you could at least be vendoring a lot of them for more than 1k.

Cog on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    No, I mean Normal mode beginning of the game stuff.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's easier to just sell that stuff to the vendors frankly.

I used to break down all my 61+ blues, but now I just don't even care. I'm reaching the point where picking up blue items probably isn't worth it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
This discussion has been closed.