Options

[GW2]The new thread is not innovative. It is however FUCKING AMAZING.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    eeSanG wrote: »
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    I believe that two of the same Chance on Crit Weapon Sigils do not stack. I spent about 5 minutes testing on Heart of Mist Dummies. Not sure about differing.

My initial thought, especially after reading that the flat bonus Sigils, like Force, only applied to the attendant weapon (which totally makes sense to me), was that the chance on crit Sigils would only apply for crits on their attendant weapons as well. Then I read posts where people who had such sigils on their shields were getting those procs on sword attacks. Which brought me to, "now I don't know what the hell to think."

To me, It would make sense with the way procs work with crits from either weapon, that the chance would stack. It seems counter intuitive that it wouldn't. Although I can totally understand why it doesn't, as certain of those Sigils stacked together would proc to the point of being ridiculous.

I run an Air sigil main hand and a Rage sigil offhand. I regularly get both triggers but I use my Thief's dual move often.

Easy to check most of the interactions in the Heart of the Mist since all of the weapons and sigils are free as well as test dummies just sitting there.

I'm going to have to do this when I get off work. I'd very much like to get a better handle on how some of these sigils interact with one another.

I put a Chance on Crit (Fire) Sigil in my offhand with an empty main hand and autoattacked a dummy. The offhand Sigils proc off main hand only attacks.

Will check stacking interactions.

Update:
    I am confidant that Fire and Air share cooldowns (5 seconds). Air also seems to consistently hit 10% harder than Fire and they scale with weapon damage.

Seems like Fire(Mainhand) and Air(Offhand) will trigger alternately at random while only autoattacking. They will not trigger simultaneously.

Sigil of Blood doesn't seem to trigger if I'm at full health.

If Sigil of Rage (Haste) triggers, any other Chance on Crit Sigil will not proc for the 45s cooldown on Rage. Thus, every Chance on Crit Sigil shares a cooldown.

Flat 5% Damage Sigil does indeed work from the offhand for main hand attacks.

I spoke with a guy on reddit who did EXTENSIVE testing that stated all sigils with a CD listed (and I guess earth since it has a hidden 1 second CD) actually "share" a CD.

He described it as all of them have a no proc type thing it puts on you that prevents all proccing from happening for the CD of whatever just procced.

I think he even said other sigil CDs, such as weapon swaps, do the same thing.

Basically you should avoid combining any sigil with a CD with another.

The whole sigil thing is pretty effed up imo, what with some following some rules, others following different rules, some stacking, some not, and the whole 2 handers only getting one deal. The whole thing is a mess honestly IMO and while its fun to figure it out its really a messy system currently.

Also I noticed a LOT in the mists my sigils would like, proc once and stop working. For instance, having the sigil that gives might on crit would work for one crit then just stop. But it seemed they would work fine in actual spvp matches.

Hmm.. Frailty doesn't say it has a cooldown. Earth doesn't either technically. I'm curious if Frailty will have the same hidden cooldown.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Noisy_GoombaNoisy_Goomba Registered User regular
    I have discovered a new class that has all the pets!
    HgTv6.jpg

Why are you looking at me like that bear?

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Mesmers, lets talk about how awesome Feedback is. Because. Its. Awesome.

I played some WvW and killed some people on top of the battlements just by throwing feedback around them. And then they killed themselves. Yessss.

(And its a combo field!)

:^:

It's faaabulous to drop Feedback on a thief that likes to do Daggerstorm.

It is a wonderful thing. Hey look, that thief's using daggerstorm at full health! FEEDBACK! Now he's dead. :rotate:

That ad reminds me of the Bonestorm advertisement from the Simpsons, only replace the warrior Santa Claus with nauseating pretentiousness. Look ANet, you have a fantastic game. I'll even take the stand that it's the best video game I've ever played. You're the toast of the town, now market that fucker. Just don't use Sony's early Playstation 3 commercials as a reference for the live segments of your adverts. Or boast about some MMO liberation, then use imagery that paints your game like every other MMO in existence. Blow up a building. Toss some fucker off a cliff. Turn into a tornado. Show a thief bouncing around. Then you can toss your slow-mo advance and giant monster roar in.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So, Tybalt is hilarious and I've only done like 2 missions with him so far.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    This what I had in mind with my Retal build.

Retaliation doesn't reflect a percent of the damage back, so toughness is just as good as vitality. I decided to go with Honor over Valor because +Healing is a far more useful stat than Precision for what this support-ish kind of build is doing. I dunno if Zeal's +Boon Duration stacks with Virtue's +Retaliation Duration, but we'll see. If they do stack, it's possible I may have too much retaliation. In that case, I may opt to swap out Retribution for Retreat! and grab the -Shout Cooldown.

Another important thing to know is whether or not a blocked attack would steal cause the attacker to take retaliation damage. I tried to reduce instances of Aegis for that reason. Ideally, this build is basically a supportive one that can swap to the Greatsword when damage would be more useful.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Retaliation doesn't reflect a percent of the damage back, so toughness is just as good as vitality. I decided to go with Honor over Valor because +Healing is a far more useful stat than Precision for what this support-ish kind of build is doing. I dunno if Zeal's +Boon Duration stacks with Virtue's +Retaliation Duration, but we'll see. If they do stack, it's possible I may have too much retaliation. In that case, I may opt to swap out Retribution for Retreat! and grab the -Shout Cooldown.

Another important thing to know is whether or not a blocked attack would steal cause the attacker to take retaliation damage. I tried to reduce instances of Aegis for that reason. Ideally, this build is basically a supportive one that can swap to the Greatsword when damage would be more useful.

I think Retreat! would be a decent swap, especially since you're running Shattered Aegis. AoE Aegis with Retreat! + An Aegis you apply pops and causes burning. That's AoE burning Aegises. :D

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Following up on this screenshot:
    k9jUF.jpg
    vTGCK.jpg

After about 2 hours of running around WvWvW, 30k more Karma.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular

That build editor you're using is from BWE1.

I believe that this one is the most popular one in use right now.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Oh, I was looking for that site.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    If you were looking for a retaliation build, seriously consider the hammer. The 1 skill is a chain that ends with a Protection granting symbol on the third hit - which also happens to be a light field. The hammer also has the blast finisher Mighty Blow: Light + Blast = Area Retaliation, including yourself.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    FathomFathom Registered User regular
    Gw2 trailer/tv spot?

Not sure that I like it. Seems a little overly dramatic.

Also, it contains a visual spoiler for Zhaitan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4R5Q0ZOTa8

This is so bad it almost makes me embarrassed to play the game.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Or I can just use Symbol of Wrath and not have to rely on the fairly slow Hammer combo + Mighty's Blow cooldown just to get Retal. If I went for a Hammer, it'd be for the extra control, which is probably more useful than the Greatsword's blind and pull. On the other hand, it is nice having a gap closer with the Greatsword. It's also important to remember that Zeal has several applicable Greatsword traits.

This is what I'd probably do with, you know, the right GW2 build.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Gw2 trailer/tv spot?

That uh ... that's a thing.

The last ~47 seconds isn't too bad. I do kinda like the person morphing into the in-game graphics. Maybe it would have been better to continue that theme through the whole ad instead of going for the artsy symbolic bits in the first half.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Claw island
    Fuck claw island. I want tybalt back. Leafy nerd pls go.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    The 2h hammer is really nice for that blast finisher if you don't have a warrior/ele in your group to do the blasts for you in dungeons. The area retaliation from blasting inside a light field is pretty huge for making enemies dead faster in dungeons, because it puts it on people even when they're not standing in your greatsword symbol.

I run greatsword and mace/shield, and this is my dungeon setup. I use judge's intervention and purging flames for more burning when I'm just out questing doing easy mode stuff. I love this build though, because I'm tanky as hell, but I still do pretty good damage in my power/vitality/condition damage gear.

Greatsword is a fantastic weapon for every application. It has good aoe damage with the autos and the spin, the pull is a good interrupt and control move for keeping stuff off your squishies, and the aoe blind is obviously useful combined with its gap closing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUAQNAR5elYgyCHFSNEf4EhVBAi9QjZcjXPS4ElIA

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Yay, got a white dye.

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Claw island
    Fuck claw island. I want tybalt back. Leafy nerd pls go.
    Tybalt had awesome guns and was never useless in quests. Traherne loves standing there and doing nothing >:[

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    naengwen wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Mesmers, lets talk about how awesome Feedback is. Because. Its. Awesome.

I played some WvW and killed some people on top of the battlements just by throwing feedback around them. And then they killed themselves. Yessss.

(And its a combo field!)

:^:

It's faaabulous to drop Feedback on a thief that likes to do Daggerstorm.

It is a wonderful thing. Hey look, that thief's using daggerstorm at full health! FEEDBACK! Now he's dead. :rotate:

That ad reminds me of the Bonestorm advertisement from the Simpsons, only replace the warrior Santa Claus with nauseating pretentiousness. Look ANet, you have a fantastic game. I'll even take the stand that it's the best video game I've ever played. You're the toast of the town, now market that fucker. Just don't use Sony's early Playstation 3 commercials as a reference for the live segments of your adverts. Or boast about some MMO liberation, then use imagery that paints your game like every other MMO in existence. Blow up a building. Toss some fucker off a cliff. Turn into a tornado. Show a thief bouncing around. Then you can toss your slow-mo advance and giant monster roar in.

Honestly they missed a perfect opportunity to do a spoof on that 80's Apple commercial. A bunch of people in that big room, mindlessly playing WoW, then some chick runs in and whips GW2 at the screen. :P

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    While I understand that you're joking, one large draw of GW2 is the fact that you don't have to worry about juggling another subscription fee alongside WoW.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Yay, got a white dye.

I got a celestial and an abyss on the same day. Still waiting for the value to go up...

• Options
    spacebearspacebear Registered User regular
    6B7qa.jpg

100% map completion - weee :D

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    On that note:

This game has the best map ever. EVER. I just feel that should be reiterated.

Someone in the Seattle area needs to head down to A.net and give the map team a round of handjobs to show thanks.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    On that note:

Someone in the Seattle area needs to head down to A.net and give the map team a round of handjobs to show thanks.
    Their method of designating "undiscovered" areas is really, really shitty even if it is really, really pretty. Also, zone borders could be better defined.

Functionality is lost in the attempt to give us a painting map.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Finally joined the level 80 club today! Many a great dunkings were to be had in Wuvwuv afterwards and I've got my first piece of exotic gear on. Now to work on getting more Carrion gear for my Elementalist.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    On that note:

Their method of designating "undiscovered" areas is really, really shitty even if it is really, really pretty. Also, zone borders could be better defined.

As pretty as the map is, I do agree about zone borders. If those were more clearly marked, I wouldn't have any real complaints.

Well, ok, if I were to think of other issues, I'd point out that it's easier to find other members of a party by zooming the map out to max because the little blue dot gets lost in all the other information. Especially so if the area your friends are in is one you haven't discovered yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So took a break from warrior to play my guardian a bit more. Unlocking weapon skills and I put scepter torch on... does it stay this fun? Because this is damn fun.

• Options
    On that note:

What functionality?

I've never run into issues with either of those things.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Gw2 trailer/tv spot?

That uh ... that's a thing.

The last ~47 seconds isn't too bad. I do kinda like the person morphing into the in-game graphics. Maybe it would have been better to continue that theme through the whole ad instead of going for the artsy symbolic bits in the first half.

Rather liked it myself. The whole thing about fear is basically the whole "Oh god I hope this next MMO doesn't fail/Oh god will my friends even come to play the game with me/ohgodi'mstuckplayingthesamegameforever" sort of thing.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    1347303920-gw2.png
    Whoopsie.
    Maybe it would have been better to continue that theme through the whole ad instead of going for the artsy symbolic bits in the first half.
    It would have been more effective in general, if a bit cliched. Your average person is more likely to be confused by the current ad rather than try and figure out what it's trying to drive at which makes it kinda ineffective. I've seen people elsewhere say that "well, people are talking about it, therefore it works!" Unfortunately the people talking about it are people already playing the game. Anet should probably just pull it and try something different.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    Guys, I'm not so sure that ArenaNet is directly responsible for the ads... this sort of thing sounds a lot more NCSoft-ish, since every other one of ArenaNet's trailers and stuff have been much more artistic.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    So an odd thing happened. My wife and I got called 'pubbies' and 'fucking noobs' for killing a champion troll in Orr. I guess they wanted to farm the grubs that he throws around.

But Im amused. Do they not know that they too are both pubbies and noobs? It was a public event. Hence pubbies. And the game came out so recently that unless they were devs, everyone is a noob. Fuck em. I saw them bitching and didn't say anything because they were total gooses about it.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Following up on this screenshot:
    k9jUF.jpg
    vTGCK.jpg

After about 2 hours of running around WvWvW, 30k more Karma.

How dafuck

That's more karma than I've earned in thirty hours of WvWvW (which generally consists of a stalemate for six hours and then you take one thing). Most of my karma in wvwvw has come from a couple of really steller rapid succession takings of things, with the rest being the rewardless back and forth (which is still often fun)

override367 on
  • Options
    Caedere wrote: »
    Guys, I'm not so sure that ArenaNet is directly responsible for the ads... this sort of thing sounds a lot more NCSoft-ish, since every other one of ArenaNet's trailers and stuff have been much more artistic.
    Generally speaking, marketing doesn't really talk with the developers that much. It's possible that the normal trailers we saw were part of Anet's PR people and this...thing was NCSoft's marketing.

This might be slightly better as a TV ad since you can just cut it off around the point where the woman is swimming around. Still kinda weird, but not too bizarre and shows off the game within roughly 30 seconds.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    On that note:

What functionality?

I've never run into issues with either of those things.

There have been times where I was running around what was an edge of a map looking for an entrance to what looked might be an extra area for me to go to. Not huge but it was 10 mintues of running around or so for nothing because there was no real way to see that it was a world/zone border. And then there is the ships to the west of Bloodtide coast.

• Options
    So an odd thing happened. My wife and I got called 'pubbies' and 'fucking noobs' for killing a champion troll in Orr. I guess they wanted to farm the grubs that he throws around.

But Im amused. Do they not know that they too are both pubbies and noobs? It was a public event. Hence pubbies. And the game came out so recently that unless they were devs, everyone is a noob. Fuck em. I saw them bitching and didn't say anything because they were total gooses about it.

"Pubbies"?

WTF is this?

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

"Pubbies"?

WTF is this?
    I assumed it was some bastardized version of pugs/pubs/public

I really dont know why they thought that was an insult in a... public... area.

• Options

"Pubbies"?

WTF is this?
    I assumed it was some bastardized version of pugs/pubs/public

I really dont know why they thought that was an insult in a... public... area.

Especially since the whole world map is.... well full of pubbies regardless.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    So, Tybalt is hilarious and I've only done like 2 missions with him so far.
    Not long after I met him, I immediately realized I had made the right decision.

I've always wanted a Charr grandpa.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Tybalt is a great character.

The only one in the game thus far...

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    What profession should I take if I want to make guns for my engineer?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
This discussion has been closed.