As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] ass

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2012
    I've never seen Robocop and everyone was talking about his face being vulnerable but nothing else being it.

I was basically picturing a spider mech with a face hanging in the center of an empty frame in the middle.

I have no idea why but in retrospect the image in my head is horrifying. I wish I had artist skills, because it is worth reproducing concretely.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    idk i was a policeman once and i did nothing but toss people through windows

Thanks, you reminded me to change my title.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    i betray u desc

impossible
    i'm too sexy >:3

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

haha, that's a nice title.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    i betray u desc

impossible
    i'm too sexy >:3

o u... *snoodles*

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    OMG you guys, I just got back from the new Resident Evil movie, and it contained the ultimate movie paradox.
    A Michelle Rodriguez you can't kill!

!!!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I em effing love Wicked Age now that I've gotten to play it at strategicon

It would be the best system for doing something like the Wire -- everyone has these personal goals which may overlap but may directly conflict

it and Black Seven are both light with kinda weird details but they would work online in a way that D&D or my beloved FATE just don't.

8->

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I've never seen Robocop and everyone was talking about his face being vulnerable but nothing else being it.

I was basically picturing a spider mech with a face hanging in the center of an empty frame in the middle.

I have no idea why but in retrospect the image in my head is horrifying. I wish I had artist skills, because it is worth reproducing concretely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqnJPm1K83c
    Skip to 0:10

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    OMG you guys, I just got back from the new Resident Evil movie, and it contained the ultimate movie paradox.

!!!

im-

IMPOSSIBLE

• Options
    a spider mech with a human face would be mad unnerving

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    there were monsters in hellgate london that were most of a human stretched over a huge ornate gothic rusted iron frame

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

!!!

It wasn't great, though. Afterlife was much better. Though the next one ought to be good.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

!!!

It wasn't great, though. Afterlife was much better. Though the next one ought to be good.

I liked it, however I haven't seen Afterlife yet.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    desc get on gtalk i add u to beeg convo

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    desc, gtalks?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Certainly was disgusting in CoX.

• Options

!!!

I liked it, however I haven't seen Afterlife yet.

Yeah, i liked it too, it had good stuff in it, but Afterlife was just much better. you should see it.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Boo!
    toystory_371.jpg

• Options
    hey I am signing up for LoL. Someone give me your summoner name so I can say you referred me.

• Options
    hey I am signing up for LoL. Someone give me your summoner name so I can say you referred me.

The21stCentury

• Options
    Elldren

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular

haha, that's a nice title.

Thanks.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Boo!
    toystory_371.jpg

I remember that thing

It was strangely charming

• Options
    also I would like to go against the grain of pegging media loves to generations in the [chat] fashion

I am old and uncool and did not grow up in the magic age group with the Toy Story series but I found Toy Story 3 to be excellently executed

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So how badly have Toy Story 1's graphics aged?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    also I would like to go against the grain of pegging media loves to generations in the [chat] fashion

I am old and uncool and did not grow up in the magic age group with the Toy Story series but I found Toy Story 3 to be excellently executed

I agree

• Options
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Just finished Jiro Dreams of Sushi. It's fascinating to watch a craftsman at work. The emphasis on perfection, the focus on even the most simple of tasks.

That's like this one, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAJeUONc3b0

classic

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @desc

am I invited to the cool games club

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Just finished Jiro Dreams of Sushi. It's fascinating to watch a craftsman at work. The emphasis on perfection, the focus on even the most simple of tasks.

That's like this one, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAJeUONc3b0

i love this video, even though I've no idea what the sushi etiquette is... But i find it hilarious nonetheless.

Maa maa maa maa

OH to to to!

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    So how badly have Toy Story 1's graphics aged?

I watched all three again last year, Toy Story 1 has aged, but not horrifically so.

About as badly as Jurassic Park maybe?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    Damn weeaboos.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYz2wyBy3kc

The people have aged horribly, though. Compared to Incredible and Toy Story 3. But everything else is fine I think.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Damn weeaboos.

Did someone just say "weeaboo"?
    'Cause i think i just heard someone say "Weeaboo"...

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    If we're still talking about good 80's movies with sequels that miss the point, I recently saw First Blood (Rambo) for the first time

I enjoyed it. It's the story of a nation that created a killing machine, then punished it when it tried to come home. John was a deeply sympathetic character from start to finish who was far less brutal than the people who hated him.

I'm extremely wary, then, to watch any of the sequels. I could go into why, but this chart perfectly describes my fears:

rambo-kill-chart.jpg

And even the one kill in First Blood was practically accidental, and was self defense in a life-or-death situation when he was fleeing.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    The Rambo series really forgot that the point was to be anti war and violence pretty fast.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    Damn weeaboos.

Did someone just say "weeaboo"?
    'Cause i think i just heard someone say "Weeaboo"...

The guy rolling sushi isn't thinking "I MUST PUT EVERY OUNCE OF MY BEING INTO MAKING THIS DELICIOUS SNACK!" He's thinking "Yup, this is some fish and rice, alright."

• Options
    Sort of like how Live Free or Die Hard forgot John McClane isn't a superhero.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2012
    like I generally think people are best served by expanding their cultural literacy forward and back in time. I try to at least have an idea of what is going on in the landscape even when I don't have time to catch up with it all (I still haven't seen Adventure Time or many other big current shows yet) but I also really like encountering great and interesting things from decades ago, even when those things take some work to appreciate. I think it keeps us nimble and helps us question our unvoiced assumptions.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    The Rambo series really forgot that the point was to be anti war and violence pretty fast.

Disagree. A friend of mine had Rambo action figures. They came with a wide assortment of anti-war bazookas and anti-war combat knives!

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Anybody who has done LAAAAAAAAW in here?

I want to know what counts as a reputable legal journal to look up some legal definitions of some words.

Black's law dictionary, although many of the current Supreme Court justices prefer plain English meanings now.

This discussion has been closed.