As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Not the shooter) -- Out Now. Use New Thread.

• Options
    DajianDajian Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Maybe recolour the first one to match the rest of the text?

XOdVG.png

• Options
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Second font in the darker colour of the first?

BaHaw.png

• Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    second logo says "IBM" to me

• Options
    Jintor wrote: »
    second logo says "IBM" to me

Yeah I feel like I would expect to load up a game and see someone in Tron armor if that was the logo..., damn now I want Tron armor DLC.

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    I just want someone to LP the demo build, some German guys already did an hour of the game like that, but since my German isn't very good it made it rather difficult to watch.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I just want someone to LP the demo build, some German guys already did an hour of the game like that, but since my German isn't very good it made it rather difficult to watch.
    You mean the guy getting very confused about the grenade in the first part wasn't what made it difficult?

Though in fairness, he is mostly pointing out to his friend/coworker that the camera is tripping balls when he moves the grenade cursor between a couple of points.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    Z0re wrote: »
    There is no co-op (though I'm not sure how co-op on a turn based strategy game would even work) and Mods are something they 'want to add after release'.

It would have to be battle based. Each player would control half the soldiers, then they would be in control when it was their soldiers turn.

• Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    You mean the guy getting very confused about the grenade in the first part wasn't what made it difficult?

Though in fairness, he is mostly pointing out to his friend/coworker that the camera is tripping balls when he moves the grenade cursor between a couple of points.

I watch part 3 of 3 parts, when they were doing the rescue mission with the sectoids and gmen. I accept that people are generally going to do bad at this game since everyone is new at it, but there's a happy balance between when people do poorly and when they're entertaining about it. So since I don't understand german, I was just watching two guys play the game very poorly.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Actually there are 4 parts now.

It gets worse.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Surely it should be X-COM: Enemy Wang.

Or X-COM: Wang Unknown.

• Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    badpoet wrote: »
    There is no co-op (though I'm not sure how co-op on a turn based strategy game would even work) and Mods are something they 'want to add after release'.

It would have to be battle based. Each player would control half the soldiers, then they would be in control when it was their soldiers turn.

Right, but that really doesn't mesh well with the strategic portion at all (which rules out online co-op because that is a hell of a lot of downtime for one player to be doing nothing) and locally its functionally identical to just hotseating.

• Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    badpoet wrote: »

Right, but that really doesn't mesh well with the strategic portion at all (which rules out online co-op because that is a hell of a lot of downtime for one player to be doing nothing) and locally its functionally identical to just hotseating.

Yeah, but if you could do that online it would be nice (chatting with friend, you have one squad he/she has another). Granted, it would be awesome to have a somewhat persistent world where you and someone else were competing (or co-op where you have control of some bases and they have control of others) X-Com groups. Though, that's obviously far beyond the scope of what this game is. Having co-op battles vs. aliens really isn't.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

Anybody want to tackle "Wang" in the second font?

wangcom-logo-full-1-recolor.png

wangcom-logo-full-2-recolor.png

• Options
    FYI, the typeface is Futura Book. The sides are a little rounded from the gaussian blur

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    WANGCOM
    Enemy Uncut

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Klyka wrote: »
    WANGCOM
    Enemy Uncut

Goddamn it

EDIT: That's 'goddamn it I almost fired coffee through my nose'

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    PACOM
    Enemy Unwanged

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »

Anybody want to tackle "Wang" in the second font?

wangcom-logo-full-1-recolor.png

wangcom-logo-full-2-recolor.png

Best I got:

On Black
    kjYWU.png

Transparent
    e0zO8.png

I can give you the full Wang Unknown if you want

EDIT: Here ya go

On Black
    MbFxv.png

Transparent
    V8esU.png

Dajian on
  • Options
    Chases Street DemonsChases Street Demons Registered User regular
    It says so much for this game that I'm willing to sit through these horrendous german LP's just to see the game itself. Damn, this game should be playable now.

"Sometimes things aren't complicated," I said. "You just have to be willing to accept the absolute corruption of everybody involved."

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    It says so much for this game that I'm willing to sit through these horrendous german LP's just to see the game itself. Damn, this game should be playable now.

THIS!!! Ugh 3 more weeks to go.

• Options
    Did someone say GERMAN LPs? :winky:

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    Did someone say GERMAN LPs? :winky:
    Yep.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I'm hoping a demo gets released - and by demo, I want the build that the reviewers are playing.

You've got my money, Firaxis, let me play !!!

• Options
    AgentGeejAgentGeej Bullet Sponge U.K MidlandsRegistered User regular
    Pre-ordered and revolving in increasingly concentric circles until release.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Come on now. It should clearly be PAXCOM: Wang Unknown.

I have OPINIONS!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

I dunno. Call me crazy but there's something soothing about German LPs.

One of the first ones out for Endless Space was all German and I didn't understand word one of the language. But German is funny. You get so many emotional cues from the tone of the words used it becomes almost funny, perhaps even cute in a way.

Like, the more Ks and Vs that you hear, the more agitated they are. It ceases to be obtrusive commentary and almost turns into a musical score, modulating your tension and emotion without distracting from the gameplay. I prefer watching previews of games I like in a language other than English if there is no video without commentary at all. I already know how the mechanics work, I already know every nuance of the UI and tactics from all the written previews. I like to just get a feel for how the game plays.

2K did a thing when Civ 5 launched. They had trailers and sizzle videos and such, that's fine. But the thing that sold me on the game to the extent that I instantaneously pre-ordered through Steam was the 2 hour long live stream of just some dude playing the game. No tricks or anything. Just gameplay.

So when people complain that the previewers are bad at the game, or taking too long to make moves, or making dumb moves etc etc. I don't mind. It gives me a tangible feel for the texture of the experience. It's as informative, in many ways, as a dozen lengthy interviews or op-ed pieces.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Eff the haters, those German guys are great. "Skyranger, GO!"

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Ach ja, mein Herz schlägt für UFO!
    Äh, ich meine X-COM für die Amis :)

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ThendashThendash Registered User regular
    I like XDONG: Wang Unknown the best.

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    WangCom: Enemy Uncut.

The hymen is implied in the logo.

• Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    WangCom: Enemy Uncut

Is what's best in life.
    I've stopped watching gameplay and other footage. I'm full to the brim and already know too much.

Witchsight.png
  • Options
    Witchsight wrote: »
    WangCom: Enemy Uncut

Is what's best in life.
    I've stopped watching gameplay and other footage. I'm full to the brim and already know too much.

I've tried to stop.

I am teh weakness... :(

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    I have been non-spoiling for the last couple days... it's very very hard. Please tell me we get to play soon, like next week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FYI, the typeface is Futura Book. The sides are a little rounded from the gaussian blur

tankyou

• Options
    JMT_AOTPJMT_AOTP Registered User regular
    Any idea, if the pre order reaches to a copy of Civ 5, if you are able to sell it instead of gift it? I already have a copy and if I can make a few bucks i'd like to try. But assuming with the pre order it might just stay linked to my steam account right? Any only be able to gift it through steam as well?

• Options
    I'm guessing the code would be linked to your account, and would have to be gifted.

I suppose you could take the money via paypal, and then gift it to them ?

• Options
    JMT_AOTPJMT_AOTP Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    I'm guessing the code would be linked to your account, and would have to be gifted.

I suppose you could take the money via paypal, and then gift it to them ?

That's a solution to I guess. I'm just curious to what they might do so thanks for the response.

• Options
    I don't think you're allowed to under the ToS. Of course there's no way to detect you got a paypal payment for selling it off since that's not part of Steam's infrastructure, but still.

• Options
    WangCom: Enemy Uncut.

The hymen is implied in the logo.

Scarab, are you kidding me?
    I posted that like, just a few posts above yours :P

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I suppose you could trade it via steam for other games you want?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
This discussion has been closed.