As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Borderlands 2: Mechromancer dropping today (Oct. 9)

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I can't see playing Gaige without 5/0/1, just too much bang for your buck. I'll be going some variant of 2x/0/2x depending on how well Deathtrap scales, though of course class mods will probably mix that up a fair bit.

I saw a white, 39ish classmod for Gaige with something like +40% shock damage and something else. I suspect "fry your enemies and burn the ashes" may be entirely viable and hilarious.

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with Anarchy?
    Whenever i am using anything other than a shotgun,even if i empty my magazine before reloading
    THE FUCKING ANARCHY BUFF DISAPPEARS
    WHAT
    I was able to get it to 150 using a 1 shot shotgun tough
    Edit:i also had a horrible freeze,basically i was playing online,i had like 1 bar left for 16,then i suddenly decide to leave the game,the game got stuck at the saving screen that always appears when you leave as game,i had to go back to Playstation home because it wouldn't unlock,thankfully i didn't lose my save,but i got back to level 14,despite the fact that i saved excessively while in that game
    (insert rant here)

I had that issue with Anarchy while playing co-op. Didn't seem to happen when I tested it singleplayer, but I didn't play singleplayer very long.

Now I am having another problem, namely, having my DLC removed from my Steam account retroactively because someone made a mistake and decided to punish people for it instead of owning up to it. When the Mechromancer first went live on Steam, the store page said that you did not need to purchase it if you preordered or if you bought the season pass. Well, since I got the game from Nvidia I did not get the Premier Club preorder bonuses, so, I bought the season pass. Made my Mechromancer this morning and was having a good time. Came back this evening and boot it up and get told my save is incompatible because it used DLC that I did not own. Checked my DLC and the Premier Club was no longer listed as it was earlier in the day, and the store page for the Mechromancer was changed to no longer mention the season pass.

So yeah, if a retail store prints a sales advertisement promoting a free product with purchase of another product, and you buy it. When it turns out the sales ad was a mistake and that was not intended, are they going to break into my house and take back the free item? Of course not. But somehow companies seem to think this is acceptable when dealing with digital content.

Yeah, that's pretty shitty of them.

I'd kick up a fuss on the Gearbox forums, this probably happened to a lot of other people and making some noise there or maybe on Reddit is most likely your best chance to get it turned around.

And when you do, please update on what the response from Gearbox was.

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    All I see on the Gearbox forums are posts by people who just get told they are stupid for not realizing the season pass did not come with the class, and are locked. Though none of them mentioned the DLC store page mentioned the season pass earlier in the day. Also it seems most people on the official forums are Xbox players. I did put in a support ticket through Gearbox and Steam, and will hopefully have a response on those tomorrow, but I will go register for the forums and see what happens.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I can't see playing Gaige without 5/0/1, just too much bang for your buck. I'll be going some variant of 2x/0/2x depending on how well Deathtrap scales, though of course class mods will probably mix that up a fair bit.

I dunno about never playing without Close Enough + Anarchy, but it's definitely very potent.

Who even gives a shit about accuracy, just fire in the general direction of enemies, and with enough stacks in Anarchy you're doing more total damage than you were with direct hits and no Anarchy anyway.

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    So what's the overall assessment of Gaige, then? It's sounding like she's the strongest character from what I've been reading.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Here is a link to the thread I made if anyone is curious about responses or feels like chiming in.
    http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=168222

(She/Her)
  • Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    she's very strong no doubt...but more powerful then the others?

I dunno if I'd say that, for me she's far more interesting.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    She easily has more options but I think we'll see the others get new skills in the dlc making their trees more like hers

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Anarchy is a pretty interesting concept but I'm a compulsive reloader so it took a conscious effort not to. Or to be careful when picking up stuff.

I built up all the way to 150 on the way to Captain Flynt, kicked much ass along the way, then forgot as I finished him off and reloaded, and watched my precious Anarchy blow away like dust in the wind.

Shooting dudes in the elbow and watching 'em die like a headshot is pretty awesome though. That is, when I was able to even hit them.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    A9355E2EBF475C7A7CED8022BCA61A0BFBD74431
    Teehee.
    all torgues are phallic

my commando went through a huge chunk of the game with a plump torpedo

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    My Gaige found a Vladof Rifle that has a Torgue Assualt barrel. Rapid fire explosive goodness. Its like an anarchist's wet dream.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    "Bulets Go Fasterifed"
    Anarchy is a pretty interesting concept but I'm a compulsive reloader so it took a conscious effort not to. Or to be careful when picking up stuff.

I built up all the way to 150 on the way to Captain Flynt, kicked much ass along the way, then forgot as I finished him off and reloaded, and watched my precious Anarchy blow away like dust in the wind.

Shooting dudes in the elbow and watching 'em die like a headshot is pretty awesome though. That is, when I was able to even hit them.

Discord says it makes Anarchy tick down. Does that mean it doesn't instantly vanish, and can even be saved with the second reload, if you have Discord?
    Because that's useful.

Edit: Hey, the top BFF-skill. Can DT have any fun with the Bee?

PLA on
  • Options
    Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    "Bulets Go Fasterifed"

Discord says it makes Anarchy tick down. Does that mean it doesn't instantly vanish, and can even be saved with the second reload, if you have Discord?
    Because that's useful.

Edit: Hey, the top BFF-skill. Can DT have any fun with the Bee?

Just tested, Discord will in fact save your stacks from completely going poof if you accidentally reload but they still fall off pretty fast when discord is up so be quick on that reload.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Gaige has a boost or two to reload-speed, at least.
    And that electric reload-thing, I suppose, so you don't have to stop killing in the meantime.

PLA on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Soooo BL2 doesn't stop saving now.
    It'll auto save, and then lock me out of traveling, or quitting the game. Forever.
    So that's fun.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    These class mods that say "+20% Shock Damage" and what not- does that ADD that damage to a weapon? Or does it INCREASE the elemental damage the weapon already has so you wouldn't use them unless you have a weapon of the same element?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    These class mods that say "+20% Shock Damage" and what not- does that ADD that damage to a weapon? Or does it INCREASE the elemental damage the weapon already has so you wouldn't use them unless you have a weapon of the same element?

More damage of that element. Does not add it if you don't already deal it.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The Mechromancer has dropped yesterday. That was a nice surprise. Hoo Doggie.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    so i was beating PT2 on my gunzerker and the final boss dropped a head for gaige!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=101857436

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Currently level 46 as Zer0 and went back to kill Son of Mothrakk. I was lucky and got the Skullsmasher on my first attempt. It's only a level 42 item and I can't tell if it's something I can use until endgame. Any thoughts on how a 42 legendary compares to blues and greens that drop until 50? Is 42 the set level of it until PT2.5 or are there chances it's higher or different stats?

Also, just realized, I can farm legendarys for alts can't I? And it would be super easy too.

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

More damage of that element. Does not add it if you don't already deal it.

why in gods name would you ever use them

• Options
    RadiosityRadiosity Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Soooo BL2 doesn't stop saving now.
    It'll auto save, and then lock me out of traveling, or quitting the game. Forever.
    So that's fun.

What is it with games getting their first patch and it breaking more than it fixes these days? I see/hear about that way too often now. Remember the good old days when no one had internet on their consoles and devs had to make reasonably sure their shit worked before it was released? On the flipside some games were permanently broken because they couldn't be fixed later but eh, tradeoffs.

Radiosity on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so i was beating PT2 on my gunzerker and the final boss dropped a head for gaige!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=101857436

that is a pretty sweet head

i am rocking her ball cap, though i do like the scarf one

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    If your DLC is corrupt, you might need to nuke your entire DLC folder (most likely C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\DLC) and re-verify in order to download a working Mech.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm still getting pretty horrible frame rate drops too.
    Was really hoping they would have at least tried to optimize the game a little better than they have.
    Runs like shit in places.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I got Gaige up to level 6 and past Flynt last night. Deathtrap is way OP - they should just take him out of the game.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Was really hoping they would have at least tried to optimize the game a little better than they have.

They've pretty much kicked the UT3 engine in the nuts and made it do much more than the engine has done before, graphically speaking. That's pretty cool if you got midrange or better hardware, otherwise I can see things getting a little slow in places. I'm really glad I don't have to play this on my 8600.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I got Gaige up to level 6 and past Flynt last night. Deathtrap is way OP - they should just take him out of the game.

You previously a Maya/Zero? :P

But naw, it can (theoretically) die, and doesn't even get a shield until you spend 31 points in a tree. It's just a super mobile version of the turret is all.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

My buddy trying the Anarchy tree last night, unmapped his reload key. Said it was working out great.

• Options
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

They've pretty much kicked the UT3 engine in the nuts and made it do much more than the engine has done before, graphically speaking. That's pretty cool if you got midrange or better hardware, otherwise I can see things getting a little slow in places. I'm really glad I don't have to play this on my 8600.

i5 2400, GTX 560ti, 8GB RAM.
    My pc isn't exactly a slouch.

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    I prefer to think of DT as Bloodwing 2.0, only not as OP so far.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    chasm wrote: »

Ditto except I think it's WAY more OP then Bloodwing and I love every second of it.

• Options
    MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    chasm wrote: »

How dare you.
    Remember Bloodwing!

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    So....I guess getting BL2 through the Nvidia promo doesn't qualify you for the Mechromancer DLC? I guess can I buy it, but that's a little disappointing.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

i5 2400, GTX 560ti, 8GB RAM.
    My pc isn't exactly a slouch.

I'm running around the same rig as you. Apart from slowdown during huge maps (viewed from a high place), it's been pretty smooth sailing at 55 to 60 fps. I only run physX at low though.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, can someone drop some knowledge on me? What's the fastest way to level up a character while playing solo? I know that if you've got another player, you can do the Tiny Tina / Fleshstick thing, and that's cool, but I don't really have anybody to partner up with for that stuff. I actually just want those achievements for using Deception and Gunzerking continuously for a certain period of time. My issue is that I really just don't like Zer0 or Salvador. If their achievements were like Maya and Axton (the two characters I really like playing), where you just have to use the skill a certain number of times, or score a certain number of kills, that would be great. Instead, they basically force me to level up those characters to level 30 or so, just to have enough skill points make it all happen.

I don't particularly want to play these characters any longer than I have to. Which brings me back around to my original question: what's the fastest way for me to level up while playing solo?

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    hmm came up with this mix of all three, though mostly BFFs for gaige

http://bit.ly/PnEAe3

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I can't be the only one who thought Tiny Tina was incredibly annoying, right?

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    so Pitchford said over twitter that the season pass only secures a cheaper price for the dlc's and occasional freebie exclusives... not all 4 for free... which WOULD'VE BEEN NICE TO KNOW TO BEGIN WITH

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    milk ducks wrote: »
    I know that if you've got another player, you can do the Tiny Tina / Fleshstick thing, and that's cool,

Can you explain this? Because I need to do that.