Options

The House Of [Phalla]nstein - Game Over - Monster & Neutral jdarksun & MrT Victories!!!

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »
    Yeah, MrT told us about you Obi, which is why you never got vigged in the face.
    I self-guarded the entire game.

Although I saw on the proboards you guys wanted to roleblock me like day one post one. What was up with that?

You didn't guard me the one day I asked you to? Already converting?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Yeah, MrT told us about you Obi, which is why you never got vigged in the face.
    I self-guarded the entire game.

Although I saw on the proboards you guys wanted to roleblock me like day one post one. What was up with that?

You didn't guard me the one day I asked you to? Already converting?

D:

Yeah, the conversion was already in the works (since like day 1) so it was in my best interest to just let every network fail.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I will say that I much preference slightly unbalanced games with way too many powers around than balanced games with very little.

I think it's always a lot of fun to feel like you can do SOMETHING. Even if in the end you lose horribly to things outside your control.

• Options
    I also felt kinda bad for day 2'ing @gizzy in his first game.

He was just the only other special we knew!

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Jdark logs:
    Day 1:

MrTLicious: Hey, thanks for airing my grievances in the main
    Just checking in to feel out if there's something you want to talk about. It's a scary story and best we stick together to avoid unpleasant external forces.

Jdarksun: It's like my mother always used to say - when someone comes to you can claims to be a survival neutral and just wants not to get killed, they probably bear you no ill will.
    Oh, hey, speaking of which - I dearly want not to get killed, and can probably help you out if you want.

MrTLicious: Fun.
    I can probably help you actually. I'm in touch with a lot of people this game.
    Sounds like you have an abnormal VC. Care to share? Or are there parties that might not be accomodating?

Jdarksun: I'm a neutral with a neat twist on the villager VC, in that I can explicitly win while dead. I just need to help out one of the sides.

MrTLicious: Hm.
    And how exactly can you help each side?
    And I'm presuming you have to help the side that ends up winning?

Jdarksun:I bake them a cake. What do you think?
    Nope. I just have to definitely help one side or the other. Bonus points if I make it out alive.

MrTLicious: Well it could be lots of things.
    I'm a neutral too. But I have to help the side that wins. No bonus points for living.
    Maybe we should choose the same side?

Jdarksun: Sure! That'll be fun.
    The fact that we're both neutral sorta sets that back, unfortunately. I'm also talking to SOE. Maybe he'll be partisan.
    Do you mind if I ask who you are?

MrTLicious: I've gotten in touch with some villagers, though my skills are probably better suited to helping the mafia.
    I don't really want to give away my name in case you're trying to kill someone or something

Jdarksun: If you're really a neutral, I'd be actively harming myself by harming you. Targeting neutrals is one of the ways I can For Real Lose.

MrTLicious: Well, I happen to know someone is actively hunting me, so show me yours and I'll show you mine?

Jdarksun: Are you Dr. Frankenstein? Frankenstein's Monster seems like it would be considered a threat to the village. I doubt he'd be neutral.
    Regardless, I am not his monster.

MrTLicious: You got me.
    But you didn't share
    And if you are trying to kill me, I implore you to wait until day 4 when I will have likely completed my goal

Jdarksun: I'm the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I take it you're looking for me? I have powers that kick off if you target me (note: targeting me would be bad).
    I'll be honest, I wouldn't feel right about killing you at this point anyway. With a little luck, I'll have established victory for myself by day 3 - I doubt we'll ever have to worry about it.

MrTLicious: I don't know who the target is but that sounds about right. One of my failed experiments that is also insane.
    So what is your VC, if I might ask?
    And if you want some powers, I can kick them up day 5, as I should have my attempt at victory locked up by then, too.

Jdarksun: I have to kill people - but, specifically, my body count for the winning team has to be larger than my body count for the losing team.
    Or I can kill you.
    I win even if dead, as long as one of those two conditions were fulfilled.
    What are your powers? Are you a seer?

MrTLicious: Wait, so say the mafia win. You have to kill more mafia or you have to kill more villagers?
    I'm a vig/cultist. I either need to convert 2 villagers to mafia and have the the mafia win, or kill two mafia and have the village win.
    And I can basically use my power every other day, so it will be day 4 before I've gotten it all together.

Jdarksun: If the mafia win, I have to have killed more mafia than villagers.
    If the village wins, I have to have killed more villagers than mafia.
    This is interesting. Our powers combined are brutal.

MrTLicious: Ah, but here's the rub.
    If you didn't exist, It'd be way easier for me to help the mafia win, which makes your goal much harder.
    And at this point I'm pretty much at your mercy since you could just kill me and be victorious and I have no similar bargaining chip.
    So from my point of view, we should get a joint game plan going here
    Full disclosure, I'm in touch with a village special that's ready to get converted to mafia, and a mafia member.

Jdarksun: Oh, I'm definitely supposed to be a balancing factor.
    But I can win posthumously. If I was to meet an unfortunate accident after killing two mafia and a villager, and the mafia went on to win, I'd win.
    And if you were converting the village over? Why, the mafia wouldn't even be down a man.

MrTLicious: So, game plan is today you kill whomever, if it's a mafia great, if it's a villager, whatever.
    Day 2 I feed you a 2 mafia names for you to kill off.
    Then you get voted out?

Jdarksun: That works for a game plan. If I hit a villager tonight, I'll have to kill two mafia and get voted out day 4. But, yeah, that should work.

MrTLicious: Can you have equal numbers? I can basically ensure a win if I get 2 of each then die, but that would take 8 days. For you it would only take 4.

Jdarksun: To my understanding, nope. I need to have killed more of the winning team, or you.
    Which is a really awkward way to end a conversation, so here's a bear wearing a hat:
    [image of fozzy the bear]

MrTLicious: Thanks for making this not awkward
    Do you think there's a way I can break this to the mafia? I'm thinking I should wait until they see a conversion.

Jdarksun: Will they even see the conversion?

MrTLicious: Wouldn't be much of a conversion if they didn't get masoned with the rest of them.
    But I should get that clarified.
    Yeah, they get masoned afterwards, so I should be trusted on Day 2. I already know 1 plus the guy I'm converting, so that's 2 for sure, but they may want to sacrifice someone other than the convertee if they were seered, so I think I'll give them the option at that point

Jdarksun: Sounds good, I'm flexible.
    I'm gonna target Maximus tonight, unless you have a better suggestion.
    Also, you should convert SOE.

MrTLicious: My plate is a bit full
    Are they super special, as in going to be calling a kill tonight, or do you just like the guy?
    And I have no problem with maximus.
    I also just thought about the fact that I can also win posthumously.
    So why don't you just kill a bunch of villagers and then kill me on day 4 after my conversions, giving the mafia a higher likelihood of victory?
    I mean, we can discuss more on day 2, as the plan should probably be dependent on Max's alignment.

Jdarksun: lol, no problem.
    OK. That plan can work really well, too, because once the Mafia trusts me they can just feed me kills with no worries about accidentally hitting one of their own.

MrTLicious: Except that you can't kill too many villagers without threatening your win con.
    At this point I'm just really hoping I'm alive Day 2 to discuss it

Jdarksun: I'm sure you will be - odds are, the village vig will take out SOE. ;D
    MrTLicious: I was more referring to you but I like where your mind is at
    What is so special about saber and why would the vig target him?

Jdarksun: He has a pretty well deserved reputation of being insightful and breaking games wiiide open.
    Megafrost is part of a mason pair.

MrTLicious: wouldn't the village vig want that?
    How many people know that Mega is a mason? Any chance we can get the vote on them? Then I can convert the other when they become net head.

Jdarksun: Sure, but the mafia doesn't.
    Uh... no idea. He just contacted me "looking for info." I'll suggest it!

MrTLicious: I'd leave out the converting his partner bit

Day 2:

MrTLicious: So, assuming you didn't kill me, maybe we should come up with a plan to reveal to zombie that doesn't sound horrible suspicious and inconsistent.

Jdarksun: Stick to the truth as closely as we can. We're antagonist neutrals who happened to stumble across each other and have called a truce until we can find a way to resolve our differences amicably.

MrTLicious: Do you have any idea what your stuff is going to show up in narration as?
    I'm scared as all get out of mine.
    In fact, I'm considering just claiming vanilla.

Jdarksun: I suggested to stever that I drag maximus into the deep part of the swamp for a "friendship hug".
    So
    You know...
    Bad.

MrTLicious: Based on your kill color, are you reconsidering your stance on revealing truthfully?
    I'd really rather just wait it out, considering how short this game is going to be, but I can't do that if you want to go with your story of us finding each other.

Jdarksun: What I told ZH:
    Good morning,
    Please don't shoot me. I am a friendly neutral, whose primary goal is to make friends and help people. Or to tear my rival to pieces. Either way. Both are good.
    Friendly!
    <3
    I also made contact with blah, so I'm hoping to hear from your monster or Mssr. Vampire. If that happens, I can offer my services to the vig in the attempts to "even the playing field". Odds are, they won't suggest I hit a mafia.
    And if they do, screw 'em. They can kill me or vote me out; I'll already have killed two villagers, and I'll win with the monsters after you convert his arse and the mafia devours the network.

MrTLicious: Wait.
    I thought you had to kill two mafia to win w/ the mafia?
    And who is Mssr. Vampire?
    I'm going to claim vanilla. Please don't rat me out

Jdarksun: Ahhh, crap, right, I keep forgetting that I'm supposed to kill more of the winner.
    Monsiuer Vampire. Dunno yet. Like I said, I'm hoping to hear.
    No way am I rating you out. It'd be slitting my own throat.

MrTLicious: K. Well your target for tonight should be TRV.
    Hush hush.

Jdarksun: Nice.

MrTLicious: Do you have any vig protection?

Jdarksun: Only from you.

MrTLicious: Do you want me to tell the mafia not to hit you?
    btw, given that I really appreciate your decision not to just kill me

jdarksun: Are they targeting me? o_O

MrTLicious: No. At least not to my knowledge. They don't know who you are. But they do have 3 kills.
    I'm just asking if you want assurances. I can tell them that you're my guard. Obviously that has its own risks, but idk what the best option for you is.

Jdarksun: You hooked them up with trv, right? They should trust you pretty well. Tell them that I'm another neutral that you're in contact with, that would be happy to work with them.

MrTLicious: What is your win con?

Jdarksun: Kill my rival or survive. I suspect Obi.

Jdarksun: My target is TRV, correct?

MrTLicious: Correct.
    I told them they are going to die.
    They got pissed.
    Anyway, you should get clarification on if your kill will go off if you get killed in the night.
    Because I think it might be best if we killed you at night without bringing attention to anyone.

Day 3:

Jdarksun: Cythraul asked about order of actions, I think that should clarify things.

MrTLicious: Speaking of, Cythraul is my mafia convert.
    He may feed you a kill tonight, or he may tell me to tell you.
    If he doesn't way, I guess he's the target, but that would be such a waste.

MrTLicious: Can you decline to use your kill?

Jdarksun: No, but I can kill the vote leader.

MrTLicious: Can you get clarified whether or not that will affect the numbers on your VC?
    They are saying that if they keep you alive, the mafia can have vote majority after tomorrow

Jdarksun: Will do.
    It does not count as a kill for me.

MrTLicious: Great.
    I mean I'm pretty sure we had it anyway, but now I think it might as well get called.

Jdarksun: So who should I target tonight?

MrTLicious: Cythraul will tell us. When is the last time you will be on?

Jdarksun: My typical availability windows are 9am-5pm, 9pm-11pm (EDT). I'll probably be playing XCOM during the evening window, and checking stuff periodically. My Steam tag is jdarksun

MrTLicious: I'll try to push him to get a target before 5.

Jdarksun: It's not critical, but by 10:30pm would be nice.
    Who's your contact? Cyth?

MrTLicious: Yep

Jdarksun: Any word?
    MrTLicious: No... I'll press.
    I know saber is mafia but I don't know what his ability is. Probably better than cythraul given that he's in the network.

Jdarksun: Ah, OK. I talked to Saber earlier, just wanted to be sure he bled red.

MrTLicious: But they also have a busdriver and know that i know about saber.
    ugghhhh
    saber said he was talking to you about it and that you were willing to delay for a day?

Jdarksun: Yeah, I targeted Sir Fab. So nobody gets et tonight.

MrTLicious: You are very trusting and I love that.

Jdarksun: Well, you make good monsters.

MrTLicious: Yes but the mafia have no incentive to keep you alive.

Day 4:

Jdarksun: I hope you haven't betrayed me, MrT. We talked about how that would be... unfortunate.

MrTLicious: Haha, no I really didn't.
    I am not on the mafia boards and have no idea what they are doing. My guess is they would focus on village specials.
    I'm just saying that I wouldn't trust them. But maybe you have a relationship with saber.

Jdarksun: Nah, I'm pretty sure he killed me.
    Yay!
    How far are you from completing your goal?

MrTLicious: 1 day. Presuming the mafia win.
    It was good knowing you friend.

Jdarksun: Before we go, would you mind telling me your full wincon? I'm super curious, and there's nothing I can do to change my fate at this point.

MrTLicious: I thought I already said it.
    Takes 2 days to kill/convert.
    Goal is to kill 2 mafia and have village win or
    convert 2 villagers and have mafia win.

Jdarksun: Ahhh.
    Man, this game was crazy.
    See you on the other side, friend.

Cythraul Logs:
    Day 1:

MrTLicious: We need to talk.
    Like ASAP.
    Unless you're like Dracula or something.

Cythraul: haha what up!

MrTLicious: Well, I have a really cool role.
    And I feel like sharing. And you're the only person I trust without invoking Rend.
    Wanna work together for great justice or great evil?

Cythraul: I'm village if that's what you're asking. And naturally if I can help ya with something I'm on board

MrTLicious: How would you feel about changing sides?

Cythraul: Well I have a mason partner, so your idea may or may not work depending on who you target. But hey, this is a monster party, if I happen to change sides what can I do?
    Depending on who you CAN target, I meant to say.

MrTLicious: How bad would you feel betraying your partner?

Cythraul: Well that's the thing, always play to your wincon right? Right now I'm village, so UNLESS THAT CHANGES I guess I'm trying to help him, right?
    You enjoying this stever?

MrTLicious: Understood.
    Note that you're not going to notice anything for a while, so just keep playing to that win con
    But maybe not too hard.

Cythraul: Hahaha well my mason is harvesting info, see if you can figure out who it is

MrTLicious: How many people have they contacted?
    Should I feel slighted for not being one of them?

Cythraul: hah! Not entirely sure at this point, at least 3 that I know of.

MrTLicious: Is he the loose-lipped one so that when he invariably dies you take over as network head?
    Because that would be *awesome*

Cythraul: Actually, yes
    He revealed to like 6 people so far as a mason

MrTLicious: Good old Mega!
    (He didn't come to me. Friend of a friend kind of deal)

Cythraul: hahaha yeah he's terrible like that. I've been berating him in PMs for being even more of an info sieve than me!

MrTLicious: Hey, mafia killed mega.
    If there's any way you can relay that and get you confirmed without being super suspicious I'd go ahead with that.

Cythraul: So, Mega's last PM said TRV told him Zombie Hero was going to kill him last night. Which one's mafia?

MrTLicious: OK, so obviously you figured that one out
    But I'd sleep on it. You are already feeling a little bit monstrous.

Day 2:
    MrTLicious: Anyway, are you confirmed in the network yet?

Cythraul: No, guess I should. Just got settled in after work here.
    Confirmed in the network. I have so, so much info.

MrTLicious: Care to share?
    I'm a bit worried that you will be deemed suspicious if after my inevitable narration things suddenly go awry, whereas if they start going bad beforehand, it will probably be attributed to luck.

Cythraul: Gizzy is a roleblocker, if you wanna start there? They hinder the village more than help imo.
    See? Wincon!

MrTLicious: I was thinking more the other vig
    But do you know if gizzy is going to be on me? Because that would be very very bad for all involved.
    Yeah, well make sure Gizzy isn't on me.
    That will prevent you from fully utilizing your information for the, erm, "village."
    The... uh... misunderstood villagers say thank you and they look forward to working with you more closely in the future
    So, the mafia are pretty pissed because I didn't mention one of the stipulations to getting my conversions.
    Which is that some of them have to die.
    I hope you'll be able to smooth that over

Day 3:

stever777: Cythraul has become The Invisible Man.
    Mafia but no powers.

MrTLicious: Did you doubt me?
    Alright, so let me fill you in on the deets.
    Jdark is my nemesis. He's the grey kill each night.
    He can win in one of two ways:
    1. Kill me.
    2. Kill more of the team (mafia or village) that ends up winning.
    On day 1, I might have told him a bit too much information and he figured out who I was. We negotiated for him to go for option #2 and spare my life. This means we needed to make a game plan for how to get that done. My power is much more beneficial for the mafia than the village, and I happened to get TRV to trust me enough to reveal as mafia.
    The plan became this: Jdark kills someone random day 1, then mafia on days 2 and 3, then we kill him off so he does no more harm, but I can keep converting people, slowly.
    On day 4, this nets the mafia 2 conversions at the cost of two mafia. A more than fair trade, I believe.
    I did not tell TRV of the intricacies of the plan until this witching hour because I didn't think the mafia would believe this until they saw a conversion themselves.
    So, tonight, we need to give jdark one more mafia kill. I can give him you, but I think there are likely less valuable people (though maybe not if no one else knows you're the mason). But obviously I will leave that up to you. We can kill jdark tonight or waste the vote on him tomorrow. It's irrelevant really except the vote is a bit riskier as we need people to vote him out, but it does free up a kill and waste a vote.
    Anyway, let me know what you decide.

Cythraul: Alright, so now I have a list of all village specials and all mafia, and I'm now mafia. Crazy!
    I can feed jdark any mafia you want. Then what, I can have the village kill him off?

MrTLicious: Yep! Just make sure it's by the vote so he can't get a kill on day 4. That would ruin everything.
    Also, let me know whether I should be arguing for or against Sir Fab's death

Cythraul: Sir fab is going to play dumb villager. Trying to think of a way to save sirfab tonight and make it look like jdark was the bus driver tomorrow but dunno if that's possible?
    Anyway who's on your conversion list?
    Mafia wants to know if you're planning on converting the guard or if we should kill him

MrTLicious: No, I'm converting Obi

Cythraul: Ok. Saber is trying to say leaving the sk alive would be more beneficial to us if he simply doesn't use his kill and votes with us since we could potentially control the vote after tomorrow with you and sk. Dunno what to tell him. What do you need to appease your vc?

MrTLicious: Two conversions + mafia victory.
    I have to use my power every night and I assumed the he did as well, but I will ask.
    zomg
    t_a is so mafia

MrTLicious: Jdark can use his kill on the vote leader, essentially wasting it and preventing his village numbers from racking up.
    So yeah, add 2 to your voting block.

MrTLicious: So I really hope the vote manip is you guys.
    But seriously, if you have a busdriver, vote manip, and conversions, what the heck does the village have?

Cythraul: We're killing the vote manip. And yeah we'll leave jdark if he can play along.

MrTLicious: Jdark is getting antsy about needing a target for tonight.

Cythraul: He needs one more mafia, right? Can that wait a night and he hit the vote target?

MrTLicious: I doubt he will be willing to do that.
    He has already risked the game by not killing me for 2 nights when he could have been killed by either side in a high-kill game. And he now knows that you know who he is so he will be worried about your betrayal.
    If we don't tell him someone, he will probably just kill me, and frankly I think that getting your conversions are more valuable that whatever other ability you might want on day 4.

Cythraul: Oh, we need a mafia to die for sure then, eh? Lemme see who has crap for powers and get back to ypu

MrTLicious: My guess at current mafia:
    kime
    Saber
    T_A
    premium or warban

Cythraul: Fail! 25%

MrTLicious: Damn.
    And I already knew about Saber
    And I probably should have accounted for Sir Fab being mafia.
    Wow, I'm terrible.
    Ok, jdark needs a target asap or I am dead.

Cythraul: Didn't saber talk to him already? For some reason he said they talked and it's all good for now, we're feeding him a mafia tomorrow.

Day 4:

MrTLicious: You guys are fucking hilarious.

Cythraul: This is gonna be an interesting read post-game. You're converting obi tonight?

MrTLicious: Yep.
    Though you are the one person that literally knows everything that's happened, so I'm not sure what you'll find out post-game that you didn't already know

• Options
    My conversation with obi was basically just a rend deal, then filling him in on what was happening and him tellling me a bit about the network proboard.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I really like this theme, too, esp in late Oct.
    Love these movies.
    You guys running games off of vidja games I've never played & books I've never read, well...
    Can feel a bit disconnected.
    Not complaining, just sayin'.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Yeah, Stever, that's why I try to go with well known themes that I love. Star Wars and Vampire:TM.

I think my next game will be a bit obscure for most people, but I love Deadlands, so...

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I will say that I much preference slightly unbalanced games with way too many powers around than balanced games with very little.

I think it's always a lot of fun to feel like you can do SOMETHING. Even if in the end you lose horribly to things outside your control.

I think the reason that people are partial to big crazy games has a lot to do with having a clear goal, to be honest. Think of day 1 for your average vanillager. Throw out some random vote, fart around in the thread. How many times have there been these insane, really close races between two villagers that the village was certain there was something in? Lots, and it's because a lot of players need to have a clear goal in the game. Without something that looks suspicious for them to hound, players are just sitting around making guesses, caught in an eternal day 1.

With powers, though, no matter what they are, right from the first day you're planning. You're thinking strategically about how to use them, where best to use them. You start thinking about the meta - should I guard Infidel (yes.)? Should I seer kime? The game effectively starts much earlier for you, whereas your average vanillager doesn't have the clues he needs to start doing his job until one or two mafia have died, after leaving a trail of things to comb through.

...I was thinking about this the other night which is why I have all these words here now. :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yeah, Stever, that's why I try to go with well known themes that I love. Star Wars and Vampire:TM.

I think my next game will be a bit obscure for most people, but I love Deadlands, so...

i don't know shit about deadlands other than it exists but you have me at weird west

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yep, I agree completely with INANTP.

Which is why in my upcoming game, everyone has a decision to make starting as soon as they get a Role PM.

• Options
    A PM I sent to Lonelyahava a couple of days ago -

"Hru Haves?
    My mini is crazzee!
    Many kills, many roles.
    Kitchen sink of stuff, except for a VI, which I almost put in.
    Hopefully, luck will make it good, which is what I put my $ on.
    Mafia may be OP'd.
    Esp when a neutral starts helping them... "

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    KOOOOOAAAN

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, given each villager something to do, even if it isn't critical (narration fluff or some other random thing) gets them engaged. I've had enough vanillager roles, that I can say they aren't fun when you're out of the loop. The most fun I have as vanillager, is when I luck out and get in the network because I can look at stuff and figure out what's going on overall.

• Options
  • Options
    You guys are in troouuuubllle

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Yeah, given each villager something to do, even if it isn't critical (narration fluff or some other random thing) gets them engaged. I've had enough vanillager roles, that I can say they aren't fun when you're out of the loop. The most fun I have as vanillager, is when I luck out and get in the network because I can look at stuff and figure out what's going on overall.

Absolutely. This is one of the major reasons why I try to establish a group of people that I talk to at the beginning of every game. Even when I don't get a cool role, I can often find someone who did.

Or at least some one to say "OMG that guy is so sketchy!"

• Options
    You guys are in troouuuubllle

Oh no! Don't call mom!

• Options
    I think that in general it's fine to have vanillagers, I just think that this forum has developed a really firm network-focused metagame that's so effective it's exceedingly rare that a vanillager actually feels like they figured something out on their own.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    I did kinda throw the kitchen sink in here with roles.
    Bulge was very vanilla.
    Even thought of a VI in here, which would've been Langly, according to RNG!

And then I just got day one'd!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    He turned on the ahava signal! Scatter!!

• Options
    I think that in general it's fine to have vanillagers, I just think that this forum has developed a really firm network-focused metagame that's so effective it's exceedingly rare that a vanillager actually feels like they figured something out on their own.

To some extent that's the natural way of things when you have a relatively small group of people constantly engaged in trust building activities.

Which is why I'm always happy to see new and old faces.

• Options
    Uh oh!
    Ahava will kill us!!
    Wonder if she'll mellow out after getting married.

• Options
    OK, lesson learned.
    Easier on the kills and don't trust to "luck", esp with crazy neutrals!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Silly stever. There is no "luck." We will always break your game if you give us the opportunity. :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Yup.
    Sorry you thought you had no chance, kimey.
    After Day 1, you were prob right, as usual.
    (Is that enuf of a kiss-up for you?)

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    The one good thing to come out of this for me: my rule of always trusting kime remains unbroken and still yet to screw me :p

All day he was the only guy I trusted 100%

• Options
    stever777 wrote: »
    Yup.
    Sorry you thought you had no chance, kimey.
    After Day 1, you were prob right, as usual.
    (Is that enuf of a kiss-up for you?)

haha, I had fun, it's OK :). Conversions are risky from a design perspective, and here they didn't work out all that well to keep it balanced. But that's OK, it happens, and it could have conceivably gone the other way too. Although I think that was less likely :P

Sad that I was roleblocked every day apparently hahaha.

Actually, now that I think on it, to be honest I think you underestimated the strength of a mafia busdriver. That itself almost balances out the omni-present special roles, since it can completely destroy a network head, which in large part lessens the synergy specials will have, and thus their usefulness, as well as the village's as a whole. I mean, with the conversions they could abuse it like crazy, but even normally they could have just used their own kill to bypass the guard.

Steam profile
  • Options
    The mafia busdriver is essentially a combination of unblockable vlad vig and guard.

which is rough.

• Options
    as a village guard from a game where there was a mafia busdriver

fuck mafia busdrivers

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Without conversions, I believe the strategy I outlined for the end-game would make the village win just about every game.
    Unfortunately, you couldn't rely on the one special you thought you could because of conversions.

Honestly, I thought there was a really high probability that jdark was going to kill me, and if that happened, the game would have ended much differently.

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    haha, I had fun, it's OK :). Conversions are risky from a design perspective, and here they didn't work out all that well to keep it balanced. But that's OK, it happens, and it could have conceivably gone the other way too. Although I think that was less likely :P

Sad that I was roleblocked every day apparently hahaha.

Actually, now that I think on it, to be honest I think you underestimated the strength of a mafia busdriver. That itself almost balances out the omni-present special roles, since it can completely destroy a network head, which in large part lessens the synergy specials will have, and thus their usefulness, as well as the village's as a whole. I mean, with the conversions they could abuse it like crazy, but even normally they could have just used their own kill to bypass the guard.

Yup on the mafia BD.
    Of course, you were RB'd every day. Duh!
    Nice use of the word synergy, too!

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Without conversions, I believe the strategy I outlined for the end-game would make the village win just about every game.
    Unfortunately, you couldn't rely on the one special you thought you could because of conversions.

Honestly, I thought there was a really high probability that jdark was going to kill me, and if that happened, the game would have ended much differently.

Yeah, jdark!
    WTH?

• Options
    I like that word :D

Steam profile
  • Options
    OK, TRV's getting my grudge vote for being a monster betrayer.
    Hosts can get grudge votes, yes? :bz

• Options
    Now my game dies into archives. :cry:

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    We're the rolls all posted up somewhere? I didn't see them quickly combing over the thread and I'd love to see the details of the game's mechanics in one big post somewhere. Couldn't really keep up with the thread after I started up my game. :(
    The mafia busdriver is essentially a combination of unblockable vlad vig and guard.

which is rough.

You could place the busdriver on youself? I'd have not let you do that, kind of solves the problem of not being able to kill such an annoying role. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Village
    7. Delmain
    You are a seer.
    Once per day, you may choose a player and discover whether he is a monster or not.

5. Zombie Hero
    You are a vigilante.
    Once per day, you may choose a player to kill.

27. Koan
    You are a vigilante.
    Once per day, you may choose a player to kill.

10. ObiFett
    You are a guard.
    Once per day, you may choose a player to protect from any kill attacks.

28. Gizzy
    You are a role blocker.
    Once per day, you may choose a player to prevent any non-kill power his role gives him from working, if any.

1. Cythraul
    16. Megafrost
    You are masoned.
    You may trust each other totally as Villagers.

21. premium
    You are a vote manipulator.
    Once per day, you may choose a player to receive 1-3 more votes, determined randomly by the Host.

11. Typhus733
    12. Langly
    3. Kilnaga
    25. Kaplar
    6. Egos
    4. SLyM
    14. kime
    23. Delphinidaes
    24. Matev
    26. Maximus
    29. warban
    13. Mill
    17. The Anonymous
    30. Shiny New Toys

Monsters

You are a Monster, (and so is your character!)

You have decided that this village needs to pay for what it has done to you and pay it will. Dr. Frankenstein is just another Normal who needs to be taught a lesson. Either that, or you're just completely insane and pissed. Whichever.

You have 1 group kill per day.

19. Assuran
    You are Count Dracula, a vigilante.
    Once per day, you may each choose a player to kill.

9. blahmcblah
    You are The Wolfman, a vigilante.
    Once per day, you may each choose a player to kill.

18. Sir Fabulous
    You are The Frankenstein Monster, a guard.
    Once per day, you may choose a player to protect from any attacks.

8. Anialos
    You are The Mummy, a role blocker.
    Once per day, you may choose a player to prevent any non-kill power his role gives him from working, if any.

15. SaberOverEasy
    You are The Phantom of The Opera, a bus driver.
    Once per day, you may choose 2 players to have powers targeted at them switched from one of them to the other and vice-versa.

20. TheRoadVirus
    You are The Bride of Frankenstein, a vote manipulator.
    Once per day, you may choose a player to receive 1-3 more votes, determined randomly by the Host.

Win condition: Outnumber the Village, thus taking control of Dr. Frankenstein's Castle.

NEUTRAL

22. MrTLicious
    You are Dr. Frankenstein, a Converter Neutral.

It's alive!!!
    Thanks to you.
    You need more experiments to be done. You're so close to being able to shape life to your whim and also rule over death. Others don't understand how magnificent things could be under your control. Sure, there are prices to be paid but, for the reward you're after, they are worth it.
    At least, you're not insane.
    They are.

Once per day, you may choose a player and discover whether he is a monster or not.
    Once you know that, you may then convert that player the next day to the other side, trying to cure his monstrous afflictions or inflicting some on him.
    You must use one of your powers every day.
    You may not seer and convert on the same day.
    You may not convert a player you have not seered.
    You may not convert a player more than once.
    If you convert a villager, he becomes a monster.
    If you convert a monster, he dies under your experiments, though still counts as a mafia-to-village conversion.
    You haven't quite figured out how to fix them, yet.

You may never reveal your seer results.
    These are secret experiments.
    No one must know.

Win condition: Convert more of, or an equal number of, players from the side that ends up losing to the side that ends up winning.
    You must convert at least 2 players to win.
    You do not need to survive until the end to win.
    If you find the poor soul whom you experimented on and drastically failed with recently, he will most likely kill you. Of course, he is insane. Who really knows what he will do?

2. jdarksun
    You are The Creature From The Black Lagoon, a Serial Killer Neutral.

You are a peasant who was being experimented on by Dr. Frankenstein. You are pretty messed up, both physically and mentally, so, of course, others must pay for what they have done and didn't do. Killing is the only solution. You only really feel safe in the lagoon nearby, which happens to be kind of black.

Once per day, you must choose a player to kill.

Win condition: Kill more of, or an equal number of, the side that ends up winning compared to the side that ends up losing. You must kill at least one player. Zero kills will be a loss for you.
    You may also win by killing Dr. Frankenstein.
    You can sense when he is watching you, as you can smell his fear.
    If he uses any power on you, you will know of it.
    You do not need to survive until the end to win.

• Options
    I just want to point out how amusing I found being Count Dracula given the theme of my upcoming game.

• Options
    Hehe! Nice.