As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new STEAM thread

• Options
    FattronicusFattronicus Registered User regular
    Is Chivalry worth the $12.50? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on it but I think I remember reading somewhere that it's a bit light on actual content at the moment.

76561197968482768.png
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    @Corpekata classily gifted me Starvoid, many thanks sir! Cant accept it until I get home from work though.
    Maz- wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Is the DLC for Skyrim worth getting? I don't even know if it's on sale, this is just a general game question.

I liked Dawnguard, but haven't played enough to put any time into Hearthfire.

Seconding this, Dawnguard is great, adds a lot to the game. Haven't played Hearthfire.
    Ok I'll probably grab Dawnguard after work then, thanks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of picking up Hotline Miami but I have so much other stuff on my plate I'm afraid it'll end up just sitting unplayed for a while. Plus everyone keeps telling me how hard it is, which may be a bit iffy.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    get it, even if only to have a copy of the sweet sweet soundtrack

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    8bitogre wrote: »
    I'm thinking of picking up Hotline Miami but I have so much other stuff on my plate I'm afraid it'll end up just sitting unplayed for a while. Plus everyone keeps telling me how hard it is, which may be a bit iffy.

It's hard in kind of the same way that Super Meat Boy is hard. Easy to die, easy to restart the level.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Looks like there is no way to get at my inventory in the mobile app?

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CEM332?tag=cheapassgam08-20

Tony Hawk for 5 bucks. Steamworks. Not sure, but think that's the cheapest it's been so far.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Well that was classy of Valve... and why Skyrim decided to go to shit on me all of a sudden.

Due to the pricing error I ran into with buying the Skyrim DLC yesterday, Valve just refunded my purchase and revoked the keys, AS I WAS PLAYING SKYRIM.

Whee! Good news is that I get to re-buy it at the discounted price.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    Hotline Miami has just completely blown my mind. I went in expecting an intense and violent neon fueled murder puzzler with an amazing soundtrack, and well, I got that. What I didn't realize is that everything surrounding the action would be a deeply disturbing hallucinatory brilliant mind fuck of a story that seems open to interpretation. I'm not sure if I buy into the whole "videogames as art" thing, but man, this would be at the top of that list.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    rRootagea wrote: »
    Not steam related, but if you like indie bundles:
    http://supershockbundle.com/

Includes
    Cortex Command
    Thirty flights of loving
    VVVVVVV

oh man, if only cortex was steamworks.

I am having all kinds of commitment issues. I have cash for 1:

Fallen Enchantress
    XCom
    Or BL2 Season pass if it hits sale.

or 2 of the following:
    Towns (if it hits sale)
    Cortex Command
    Orc Must Die 2
    Iron Brigade

Having a hard time making decisions

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    It's one of the four that are, plus Home, Offspring fling, VVVVVV

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Tony Hawk for 5 bucks. Steamworks. Not sure, but think that's the cheapest it's been so far.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this version of Tony Hawk have no multiplayer? Which sort of defeats like 80% of the fun in a tony hawk game?

I was all stoked to get it when it came out until I heard that.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

It's hard in kind of the same way that Super Meat Boy is hard. Easy to die, easy to restart the level.
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    Hotline Miami has just completely blown my mind. I went in expecting an intense and violent neon fueled murder puzzler with an amazing soundtrack, and well, I got that. What I didn't realize is that everything surrounding the action would be a deeply disturbing hallucinatory brilliant mind fuck of a story that seems open to interpretation. I'm not sure if I buy into the whole "videogames as art" thing, but man, this would be at the top of that list.

ENOUGH.

I just got Dark Souls. I don't need another super hard game.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this version of Tony Hawk have no multiplayer? Which sort of defeats like 80% of the fun in a tony hawk game?

I was all stoked to get it when it came out until I heard that.

it doesn't have multiplayer but it's still great fun, I don't really care about multiplayer though so it wasn't a deal breaker for me

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

NO

*has flashbacks to omegathon*

Shade on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    rRootagea wrote: »
    Not steam related, but if you like indie bundles:
    http://supershockbundle.com/

Includes
    Cortex Command
    Thirty flights of loving
    VVVVVVV

oh man, if only cortex was steamworks.

It is.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    You guys aren't making it easy. Repost of the Edit above:

Fallen Enchantress
    XCom

or 2 of the following:
    Towns (if it hits sale)
    Cortex Command
    Orc Must Die 2
    Iron Brigade

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Mark of the Ninja is pretty tough with a KBAM. Makes me wish I had a PC game pad.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

IdolNinja wrote: »

ENOUGH.

I just got Dark Souls. I don't need another super hard game.

APO you are in for such a treat. Dark Souls is wonderful. Just make sure you have a gamepad.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Ok, so if I go SR3-full, DE:HR, and ME2 (yes, I'm THAT far behind), I think that can hold off getting BL2 until the winter sale, in the hope I can get the game + dlc for 30 or less.

They're in the cart, but I have another 7 or so hours to think about it before ME2 goes off flash sale. Almost pulled the trigger on the bundle with 1 (which I have),2+dlc, and 3 for $20; don't know if me2 by itself is worth 6 by comparison.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options

Fallen Enchantress
    XCom

or 2 of the following:
    Towns (if it hits sale)
    Cortex Command
    Orc Must Die 2
    Iron Brigade

If it was me, I'd get X-Com. I've had a blast with it so far and keep coming back for more. The "beta" nature of Towns is a bit of a turnoff and I'm afraid development will stop before it's actually fully finished. Iron Bridage is pretty good but gets stale pretty quick, imho.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Ok, so if I go SR3-full, DE:HR, and ME2 (yes, I'm THAT far behind), I think that can hold off getting BL2 until the winter sale, in the hope I can get the game + dlc for 30 or less.

They're in the cart, but I have another 7 or so hours to think about it before ME2 goes off flash sale. Almost pulled the trigger on the bundle with 1 (which I have),2+dlc, and 3 for $20; don't know if me2 by itself is worth 6 by comparison.

Res Ipsa, it's not Steam, but I would hold off on picking up ME2 through Steam and purchase the Trilogy over here for 30 bucks. It's Origin, but the price is very good.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Towns is a fully functional game as it stands. It could use some more polish but there's tons of fun stuff to already do in the game. Updates come fairly regularly too, and usually contain a good bit of fixes, polish and new content. As far as Towns' development status goes, I'd call it late beta, or a release candidate. Its set of core features are complete and a lot of fun to play with.

• Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    Bought dawn of the dead and a few hours in its just breaking my heart.
    Damn..first game I emo-quit

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    http://getloadedgo.com/ This is a thing that is going on

All but Lego Batman are steamworks

Although it won't let the payment go through for me which is annoying cause I wanted Serious Sam and Binary Domain

but it might work for you cats

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Major thanks to @TheExAm for getting me Borderlands 2 so I don't get left behind him, since I'm broke at the moment.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Fallen Enchantress
    XCom

or 2 of the following:
    Towns (if it hits sale)
    Cortex Command
    Orc Must Die 2
    Iron Brigade

XCOM. By far. It's a really great game, and the one with the most replay value out of all of those.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Mark of the Ninja is pretty tough with a KBAM. Makes me wish I had a PC game pad.

Seriously why doesn't everyone have a 360 pad? I know we're mostly PC gamers, but I don't own a console (outside of an dusty Wii) at the moment and I bought a 360 pad for Super Meat Boy and it is an EXCELLENT investment for PC gaming.

Get one. It's worth it.

Here are just a few great games that are better on pad

-Dark Souls (apparently)
    -Assassins Creed
    -Super Meat Boy
    - Mark of the Ninja
    - Bastion
    -They Bleed Pixels
    - All platformers
    -The Walking Dead (opinion)
    -Recettear

This is just off the top of my head.

Buy a pad. You won't regret it

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Flash sales are never lower than dailies, right? I'm not being stupid by putting Mark of the Ninja in my cart here?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dishonored is far better with a gamepad as well.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

Fallen Enchantress
    XCom

or 2 of the following:
    Towns (if it hits sale)
    Cortex Command
    Orc Must Die 2
    Iron Brigade

If it was me, I'd get X-Com. I've had a blast with it so far and keep coming back for more. The "beta" nature of Towns is a bit of a turnoff and I'm afraid development will stop before it's actually fully finished. Iron Bridage is pretty good but gets stale pretty quick, imho.

I second this. Go X-Com.

EDIT:
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Major thanks to @TheExAm for getting me Borderlands 2 so I don't get left behind him, since I'm broke at the moment.

@Raiden333, I don't recognize TheExAm from the Steam thread or the Borderlands thread, but that is an outstanding bit of class and I hope he or she pays us a visit.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Also (and this should have gone first, but I'm dumb) - our very own @SkyEye is awesome and just gave me the Darksiders II season pass. I loves me some Zelda and Darksiders is my favorite Zelda game in recent memory. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    2 out of the 3 games I told myself I'd pick up went on sale today. Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja are mine.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Seriously why doesn't everyone have a 360 pad? I know we're mostly PC gamers, but I don't own a console (outside of an dusty Wii) at the moment and I bought a 360 pad for Super Meat Boy and it is an EXCELLENT investment for PC gaming.

Get one. It's worth it.

Here are just a few great games that are better on pad

-Dark Souls (apparently)
    -Assassins Creed
    -Super Meat Boy
    - Mark of the Ninja
    - Bastion
    -They Bleed Pixels
    - All platformers
    -The Walking Dead (opinion)
    -Recettear

This is just off the top of my head.

Buy a pad. You won't regret it

I pretty much play all my games using the 360 pad, with a few exceptions. It's so easy. You can usually just plug it in and you're good to go. I just can't play most games using KBAM. My fingers cramp up and there's no analog movement.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I just finished replaying Max Payne 1 & 2. Now to get the 3rd one! Actually, how did it turn out? I'm curious if it's a worthy successor to the first two.
    From what I understand, 70% of the game is just cutscenes.

?

Can anyone who has played Max Payne 3 elaborate?

It is a massive exaggeration. Sure, there are a bunch of cutscenes, probably more than ideal, but whatever. The game is incredible fun, there's very little as satisying as jumping right at 5 guys and headshotting them all before you hit the ground. The gameplay is varied enough that I didn't get bored. It is hard, really quite hard. It is the most fun I've had in a shooter for quite a while.

And that's not even the best part of it. The gameplay is excellent, but what really stands out is all the little touches that show all the effort they've put in. There are big, pretty areas that you can jog through in 5 seconds, yet they've still gone to the effort of modelling the whole thing and making the world feel *good*. You know when you walk into a big fancy room in some shooters and just know there's going to be a big shootout here? You don't get that in MP3 because sometimes there's a big fancy room just for the fun of making a big fancy room for you to look at. The way Max carries and reloads his weapons looks great, the way he moves looks great, the pit stains he gets after a while look awful, but in a great way.

It is possibly the most fun I've had with a game this year.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Flash sales are never lower than dailies, right? I'm not being stupid by putting Mark of the Ninja in my cart here?
    I don't think the flash sales are repeating like they did in summer, not enough time left in the sale for them to do so.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I do not have a pad because I am terrible at using a controller.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Drive by class attack by @Podunk, who wants my conundrums to be of the quantum variety. Thanks so much for Quantum Conundrum!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    The teaser video for Mark of the Ninja looks a *lot* like Shank, which I thought was only somewhat decent. I'm guessing Ninja must be much better though.

• Options
    Is it sad that I kind of want to play Farming Simulator 2013, just to see what it's like? If it was a $5 flash deal, I'd be all over that.

This discussion has been closed.