Options

Super Robot Wars - OGs is OUT, OG Gaiden up next

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wait till you try out SRW3 and 4 for the SNES. Now THAT's some tough shit.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I feel like I've asked this in this thread before, but how is SRWMX?

I'm thinking about importing it for PSP.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The fact that you don't have equipable weapons or battle masteries to worry about decreases the difficulty by a fair amount.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    I feel like I've asked this in this thread before, but how is SRWMX?

I'm thinking about importing it for PSP.

Easiest SRW you'll ever play this side of W.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also, if you still want to experience the OG games, you might want to look into importing the PS2 game, if you can, I'd say it's easier than the GBA version, mostly because you'll have a bunch of toys like special ammunition and the TBS system to play around with, and the fact that SP Regenerate only costs 80 points!

If you can't Atlus has said there is a slim chance OGs will be broght over. I have heard that several fan communities have gotten some letter-writing campeigns going.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hily Hell, my first major TBS cheese!

I blew up Zengar's Tyoe 0 by doing the Following.

Squads involved:

Kyosuke and Irm in Grungust
    Giado in Armorlion and Excellen

All 4 pilots Hot Blood. Kyosuke uses Joker(Trump Card) for like 7500, Irm Darkness slashes for like 10K, on the Support, Giado's Sonic Blade Kick damages for close to another 7,000, Excellen Rampage Ghosts for like, 9,000. I Don't really upgrade the Alt and Weiss, and.... Wow.

Edit: Dear god R-Formation and Variable Formation can not come soon enough.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    See!

Weirdly enough, from what I've heard, upgrading their weapons doesn't work to enhance Rampage Ghost in OGS. It goes off their Love rating, which I really doubt.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I really can't wait until Formation-R comes in.

Squads like Ryusei and Kyosuke, Rai and Aya adjacent, and Excellen with another TBS squad that consists of her and someone in front who can support offence, like Giado in the Armorlion.

Formation-R+Joker/Sonic Blade Kick+Rampage Gost

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    See!

Weirdly enough, from what I've heard, upgrading their weapons doesn't work to enhance Rampage Ghost in OGS. It goes off their Love rating, which I really doubt.

Whut? Revolver Stake and Oxtongue Mode-W still upgrade the damage.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    And I think I've just come Up with a really sick combo for using on Judecca.

SRX and Irm's Type 1 in a squad, With Zengar's Type 0 and Kusuha's Type 2 (Or alternatively, Cybuster)

Nendo Bakausai Ken+Darkness Slash/Zankantou Shippu Dotou+Doomblade(or Cosmo Nova)

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

SRX and Irm's Type 1 in a squad, With Zengar's Type 0 and Kusuha's Type 2 (Or alternatively, Cybuster)

Nendo Bakausai Ken+Darkness Slash/Zankantou Shippu Dotou+Doomblade(or Cosmo Nova)

Hmm..You're on Ryusei's route, right?
    You don't fight Judecca on Ryusei's route in OGs now. A lot of things were changed to match up with the anime a little more, hence Tenzan actually participating in the PT Championships at the beginning.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

You don't fight Judecca on Ryusei's route in OGs now. A lot of things were changed to match up with the anime a little more, hence Tenzan actually participating in the PT Championships at the beginning.

So, Ingram's the final boss, then? (not counting Septagint.)

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Yep.

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Yep.

Hmm, that actually sounds a little dissapointing, a 2 part mission made things kinda challenging and more rewarding.

Unless something happens to make the fight more challenging.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, I'd imagine the fight against Septuagint would be pretty challenging, especially if you want the mastery in that mission.

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, I'd imagine the fight against Septuagint would be pretty challenging, especially if you want the mastery in that mission.

No, he's weak. Even with every single BM he's weak. You can take your sweet time to get into position and prepare. His accuracy is terrible to top it off.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Vhalyar wrote: »

No, he's weak. Even with every single BM he's weak. You can take your sweet time to get into position and prepare. His accuracy is terrible to top it off.

Oh...well damn.

Oh well. The final final boss will certainly make up for that in terms of challenge.

Or at least it did for me pummeling Judecca on Kyousuke's route. Even with my major fighters stacked with SP regen and concentration, there were a lot of times I was almost out of SP, which made it a bitch to try and beat out it's regen rate.

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Septuagint -does- spawn a ton of enemies the more you pummel him, until it gets to the point where you only have a few turns to beat him and there's more enemies in the sky than there are stars.
    ...Psssh. Just ignore everyone else and beat him down.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Or at least it did for me pummeling Judecca on Kyousuke's route. Even with my major fighters stacked with SP regen and concentration, there were a lot of times I was almost out of SP, which made it a bitch to try and beat out it's regen rate.

Actually I was kind of surprised by Judecca. After Rivale, I was expecting a tough fight.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Now here's a question about bullets.

With the ones that lower the will requirement by 5, does it lower it for just the weapon its equipped to (which is pointless because i don't think there are any shell weapons with a will requirement), or does it lower it for all of the weapons on the mech?

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    OG2: Uninvited Guests 2

They just keep pouring in D:

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    ah shit AM Gunner's out of energy

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Really?...

I guess they wanted to dumb down the OG series to the point where a elementary student could play it..:?

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, what about the Stern Regisseur?

Also, I heard the 2.5 stuff is pretty challenging too.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Presumably he's quite stern.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

The fact that there are no longer any BM-influenced scenarios take away a lot of what made this series challenging in the first place. I mean, the least they could have done is made the last scenario turn-count influenced (akin to the Ragnarök stages in SRW3). I sincerely hope that OG Gaiden puts the balls back in the series difficulty system..

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited August 2007

The fact that there are no longer any BM-influenced scenarios take away a lot of what made this series challenging in the first place. I mean, the least they could have done is made the last scenario turn-count influenced (akin to the Ragnarök stages in SRW3). I sincerely hope that OG Gaiden puts the balls back in the series difficulty system..

I dunno. OG2 was kind of total bullshit in a lot of places.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    He's a bit easier than he was on the GBA.
    Like you wouldn't believe.

I sincerely hope that OG Gaiden puts the balls back in the series difficulty system..
    I don't know. I thought OG2 was pretty frustrating in some places.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    He's a bit easier than he was on the GBA.
    Like you wouldn't believe.

I sincerely hope that OG Gaiden puts the balls back in the series difficulty system..
    I don't know. I thought OG2 was pretty frustrating in some places.

I was referring to the console OG games when I said that.

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I dunno, part of me likes this lower difficulty, it makes me crave a little more, but it makes things easier for people like me.

Especialy with what units I end up upgrading over others.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It doesn't matter. Whether it's OG2 on the GBA, or OG2 in OGs the difficulty is largely the same. This applies to OG1 as well, just that the bosses in that game are toned down.

The "easier part" mostly comes from TBS abuse.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It doesn't matter. Whether it's OG2 on the GBA, or OG2 in OGs the difficulty is largely the same. This applies to OG1 as well, just that the bosses in that game are toned down.

There are a lot of missions where the TBS system is a bad idea, if you need to cover a lot of ground in order to get a mastery (or Worse, to prevent an enemy from getting to a square or lose.)

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

There are a lot of missions where the TBS system is a bad idea, if you need to cover a lot of ground in order to get a mastery (or Worse, to prevent an enemy from getting to a square or lose.)

The funny part is that it's the enemies making use of the TBS that make the game easier. More money, more PP - it's much easier to get the FUB for mutiple units in one playthrough now. When you can one-hit kill a grunt, more of them is just counter-attack fodder.

I like the toned down difficulty, I don't feel like sitting there reloading after every single attack. W overdid it a bit though.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    want

ptx015la2.jpg

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2007

The funny part is that it's the enemies making use of the TBS that make the game easier. More money, more PP - it's much easier to get the FUB for mutiple units in one playthrough now. When you can one-hit kill a grunt, more of them is just counter-attack fodder.

I like the toned down difficulty, I don't feel like sitting there reloading after every single attack. W overdid it a bit though.

Well, to be fair, Barrelions doing it is kinda mean, and Landlions hit really really hard.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Lanz wrote: »
    want

ptx015la2.jpg

Oh fucks. Is that Twin Bird Strike mode WildWurger?

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Speaking of models, HLJ has more Alteisen modelws in stock for those interested.

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    That's all well and good, but people seriously need to stock more R-1's Dammit!

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Speaking of models, HLJ has more Alteisen modelws in stock for those interested.

Already finally got mine. Alt and Weiss Rampage-Ghosted some old Robotech thing I had around (I call it a Warhammer, whatever it is) on top of my refrigerator. R-1 is slick, but not exactly, er, non-frail.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Already finally got mine. Alt and Weiss Rampage-Ghosted some old Robotech thing I had around (I call it a Warhammer, whatever it is) on top of my refrigerator. R-1 is slick, but not exactly, er, non-frail.

I dod not really want to spend the money on the really fancy R-Seires, but I might have to now....

I'm talking about these ones, they look fucking expensive....

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2007/03/svb1__7240.html

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2007/03/svb2__b70c.html

Clawshrimpy on