• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    TWIG

FOR

A

WAND

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2012
    Feral wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    I believe it's predominately a lack of demand holding down employment and heavy-handed fiscal policy by the federal government (by such means as infrastructure investment and public works) would go a long way to boosting demand, and thus restoring the ability (read: willingness) of private entities to hire.

Ah, right, that makes sense... But wouldn't that disproportionately affect the construction sector without actually creating that many more jobs in other sectors?

The infrastructure part would, yeah.

But there are also other things we could do, like administrative work. We could nationalize medical records, which would require databasing, but would not require a permanently large labor force.

Won't that just make temporary jobs, though? I get that gov't spending on infrastructure leads to some jobs, and more consumption, but it seems very... short-term and temporary to me. I mean, better than nothing, of course, but how to fix the long-term is my question here.

Depends on how much you believe in the Keynesian multiplier.

Basically, those construction companies go and spend their money, some of it locally on shops and grocers and mechanics and so forth, some of it by importing in goods from other places. Those grocers and mechanics and shops then spend their money, which stimulates more business. In other words, each $1 spent circulates in the economy, causing more than $1 worth of demand overall.

This is definitely a thing that happens, though as far as I can tell, nobody can decide exactly how much it happens.

The infrastructure also makes us more productive. It's like the difference between filling up your hearts in Zelda and earning a new heart to fill up.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    KEB wrote: »
    HUGE DORF UPDATE!

Tom came in, Ashley jumped to her feet and kissed him pretty intensely. Derrick sat idly by apparently uncaring, possibly even aware of this relationship.

Ashley's a flirty slut.

GODDAMNIT ASHLEY!

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    New plan. Kitty adoption will move up 6 days.

So we'll be getting them on Sunday this week.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Are baconators supposed to make you drowsy?

• Options
    KEBKEB Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    Plot twist. Derrick and Ashley are siblings.

They appear to be different races, which makes that possibility pretty slim :)

That's orphanalist as hell

I said slim! :P

Plus I don't think it's kosher to aggressively kiss your boyfriend in front of your sibling; at the very least, it's something you try to avoid.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

it's called the itis, cuz

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    HUGE DORF UPDATE!

Tom came in, Ashley jumped to her feet and kissed him pretty intensely. Derrick sat idly by apparently uncaring, possibly even aware of this relationship.

Ashley's a flirty slut.

GODDAMNIT ASHLEY!

what a :bz

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

That's your heart failing.

Embrace the forever-sleep.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

They always give me super strength and x-ray vision.

Oh wait, maybe those are just dreams from succumbing to the drowsiness.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    the first zelda frequently gives you a choice between a heart container or a life potion

WHAT MORON TAKES THE LIFE POTION

HEART CONTAINER ALL THE WAY

LIFE POTION IS SKRUB TIER

IF MY CHILD CHOOSES THE LIFE POTION I WILL THROW THEM OUT ON THE STREET

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Yes, because your body is dying as a result of your actions.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Plus I don't think it's kosher to aggressively kiss your boyfriend in front of your sibling; at the very least, it's something you try to avoid.

I mean, that is cruel to the sibling. He wanted that. he wanted that

I'm sorry what?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

If you're of similar age and close enough to hang out at a coffee place? I don't think that matters. You treat your sibling same as any other friend if you're close like that.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Surprise, Surprise, a republican who is more concerned with a choice than the fate of a child

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    is youtube being like pre broadband era slow for anyone else?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Damn Chu I remember that blog post. Wow

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

If you're of similar age and close enough to hang out at a coffee place? I don't think that matters. You treat your sibling same as any other friend if you're close like that.

What kind of depraved monster kisses people aggressively in front of their supposed friends?

No friend of mine, I tell you!

Snogging in public after high school is so unbelievably low.

• Options

no but high cholesterol is

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    is dorf fortress some new type of The Sims game?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

I'm sorry what?

And she's teasing him like that! :P

I'm liking Ashley less and less.

Still going on the race thing then. But to be honest I have no real way of knowing!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Good morning chat!

It's solstice carol time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rflsHvtTTGw

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i am glad i dont have a sister

i have no idea what knotted trollbeast i would have created with my campaign of sustained psychological abuse

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    HUGE DORF UPDATE!

Ashley's a flirty slut.

Some people just flirt. A friend of mine is going through a phase where she flirts with anything with a penis. She's been flirting with me and she knows that nothing is going to happen between us. She's just taking joy in flirting.

• Options
    Like, Christ, get back in the gutter with the other trash you publicly affectionate fustilugs!

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I'm sorry what?

And she's teasing him like that! :P

I'm liking Ashley less and less.

You should go tell her that! And call her Ashley.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

has been for a week or so for me

damn annoying.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    KEB is gonna watch this for another hour, concoting this story, and run up to ashley and throw her coffee on Ashley screaming YOU TWO-TIMING BITCH!!! and run away. Everyone else will just look confused and puzzled.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2012
    An army base is attacked and NetForce is called in to track down the culprits. It turns out that the bad guys are using a massive online VR game to have people test ways of getting into the bases. Captain Lewis, an attractive computer woman who works with Jay on the case turns out to be the criminal though she tried to seduce Jay throughout the book. She is finally caught in the end.
    Robert "Bobby" Drayne is a chemist who is far away from the competition. He deals in "Thor's Hammer" - a drug which can make people superhuman in strength and intelligence. He is making money by selling it over the 'Net. Net Force are asked to help investigate and locate the dealer. He is eventually killed, in a surprising twist, by someone working for a pharmaceutical company.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options

I've had off and on issues with it today.

• Options
    I remember it taking three hours for the first trailer for Episode III to load for me backintheday.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh and yea I havea serious flirting problem. I flirt with every girl. Even if I have no interest in them. It has lead to so many awkward moments in my life.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I hate children.

Harry Potter book release: don't worry, no spoilers.
    Showed up at seven, in full costume for a nine am release. Devoted no? I was one of the few to dress up, and I was the best-dressed. I'm not being vain, I honestly had the most detailed and accurate costume there.

We were told in line, that the best-dressed person in line gets to open the box and have the first Half-Blood Prince book. So, I'm a shoo-in, aren't I?

WRONG.

Fucking moo brings her bratty sprog in at 8:59am dressed in a generic Kmart cape with stars and glitter and fucking gaudy BLAH. Twig for a wand.

OMG WITTLE PWESHUS SO CUTE OMG YOU CAN OPEN THE BOX AND HAVE THIS BOOK YOU CAN'T READ AND *fawning fawning, blatant breederism etc*

THE FUCKING KID WON'T EVEN REMEMBER THIS. THE BOX OPENING WAS MINE. MIIIIINE.

I wouldn't have minded if someone had said "Oh look Sass, you are best-dressed
    but would you mind if this land-mine amputee opened the box instead?" I would
    have said "Absolutely no problem. Go for it." But no. FUCKING CROTCHDROPPING
    GETS THE HONOUR. I'm furious. On principle of course, not out of any sense of entitlement. Well yes, entitlement also. But I WORKED FOR IT, I DESERVED IT.

I made an effort. I spent money making an effort. I showed up early. I will remember and treasure this event for ever and eternity. And I'm passed over for an ugly little brat with a sparkly tie. Woo fucking woo.

I didn't stab her in the eye with my wand. I WANTED to. I talked about doing so
    VERY FUCKING LOUDLY. I was going to eviscerate her mother with the cover of my
    brand-new copy.

I fucking hate breeders and child-lovers. FUCKING GO TO HELL.

I'm so pissed about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on July 16th 2005. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic twat breeder and her shitling. I'm hurt. All my life, nothing has gotten to me more than being deliberately ignored, or passed over. Honestly; that's the sort of thing that can make me cry in public. Or key your car. Or viciously murder you and your family in the heat of frustration and never-ending denial
    Congratulations breeders, you win.

Chu, I'm surprised you feel this way. You know that you were a "crotchdropping," too, right? I know you have major issues with your sexuality. That's okay, I struggle too! But let's not take this out on children that were unaware of what was happening, please.

• Options

What kind of depraved monster kisses people aggressively in front of their supposed friends?

No friend of mine, I tell you!

Snogging in public after high school is so unbelievably low.

It was kinda hot. Tom was rugged in all the best ways.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    HUGE DORF UPDATE!

Ashley's a flirty slut.

Some people just flirt. A friend of mine is going through a phase where she flirts with anything with a penis. She's been flirting with me and she knows that nothing is going to happen between us. She's just taking joy in flirting.

This is a good point. There is a great deal of joy to be taken from riskless flirting.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Ragnarok Online Tactics RPG!

I blame everyone for not telling me about this.

@Frosteey

Wait, what is this?

• Options
    is dorf fortress some new type of The Sims game?

It's not new but it is very much The Sims yes.

It is The Sims set in a brutal fantasy world that is absurdly detailed. There is a ton of depth to the game and it's simulation of the personality of each sim dorf.

also look at the pretty screenshots!

screenshot of one of the main levels: http://i.imgur.com/XPjll.png
    screenshot of the dangerously unfortified surface: http://i.imgur.com/Mt5KO.jpg

(those were taken with Stonesense, which analyses the resident memory for the DF process and constructs a visualization)

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    double post

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    An army base is attacked and NetForce is called in to track down the culprits. It turns out that the bad guys are using a massive online VR game to have people test ways of getting into the bases. Captain Lewis, an attractive computer woman who works with Jay on the case turns out to be the criminal though she tried to seduce Jay throughout the book. She is finally caught in the end.
    Robert "Bobby" Drayne is a chemist who is far away from the competition. He deals in "Thor's Hammer" - a drug which can make people superhuman in strength and intelligence. He is making money by selling it over the 'Net. Net Force are asked to help investigate and locate the dealer. He is eventually killed, in a surprising twist, by someone working for a pharmaceutical company.

God those NetForce spin offs were so fucking bad. I mean as someone who devours military fiction and can stomach the worst of the genre, those books were bad.

This discussion has been closed.