Options

[Dead Space 3] - EA shuts down Visceral Games... Add another EA victim to the list.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Heh, if anything Issac is a fucking pro necromorph killer by the third game, he should be mowing the motherfuckers down. DS has not, nor will it ever be some kind of Silent Hill horror game.

I mean even System Shock 2 the game everyone puts on the shrine of amazing horror games had a lot of action parts.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Microtransactions? interesting. I'll wait and see how this turns out then.

The first and second games had micro transactions too. Just no one gave a shit. You could buy suits and crap. It was all pretty optional.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Well, horror as a genre is more or less... dead. It's mostly just gorn now. Given that alternative, I prefer more action. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Sirson wrote: »

The first and second games had micro transactions too. Just no one gave a shit. You could buy suits and crap. It was all pretty optional.

And it'll be optional here, too. You're not gonna get to the last boss and be unable to beat him without giving EA 99 cents.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Honestly. I was always more interested in the human element than the jump scares in DS games.

That said DS2 showing us that the Marker
    seems to be sentient
    is pretty interesting too.

I really don't care how scary DS3 is as long as the story continues to be interesting.

That was also in a way in the first game, your spoiler I mean.

The marker is the one telling you to make it whole again, and it may have aided you in the guise of Nicole. Though it might also have to do with who created the marker. I mean in DS2 we saw the one Issac made and it seemed really self destructive using Nicole against Issac to try and kill himself. Where as the marker in DS1 wanted to be made whole with the necromorphs to stop the infection. I believe the red Marker was also man made? So maybe the guy who made that wasn't in as awful a place as Issac was?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Sirson wrote: »

And it'll be optional here, too. You're not gonna get to the last boss and be unable to beat him without giving EA 99 cents.

A very important point to be noted too:
    But even with a bank balance full of money, developer Visceral Games has made sure you can't boost your way to the best weapons at the very beginning of the game.

"No you can't!" Khoury replied at the suggestion I'd be able to splurge my money as soon as possible in exchange for the game's biggest gun. "There are a lot of weapon parts that are only available to buy later in the game. Unless you're playing through it again [on New Game Plus]."

Source

It's not shady. That's how it is. Which, oddly enough is the opposite of DS1 and DS2, where you could just hard purchase weapons and armor that were better than the stuff in the standard game, or advanced your armor beyond where it should have been in the plot.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly. I was always more interested in the human element than the jump scares in DS games.

seems to be sentient

I really don't care how scary DS3 is as long as the story continues to be interesting.

The marker is the one telling you to make it whole again, and it may have aided you in the guise of Nicole. Though it might also have to do with who created the marker. I mean in DS2 we saw the one Issac made and it seemed really self destructive using Nicole against Issac to try and kill himself. Where as the marker in DS1 wanted to be made whole with the necromorphs to stop the infection. I believe the red Marker was also man made? So maybe the guy who made that wasn't in as awful a place as Issac was?

On the nature of the Red Marker (Dead Space: Martyr spoilers)
    The Red Marker was based on designs that Altman created to placate the Black Marker.

There's also a passage about how 65 millions years of marker influence on Earth has caused humans to evolve a partial defense mechanism, where their brains can sort of fight back against the induced hallucinations.

So it's possible that the Red Marker, having been designed by someone particularly resistant to the Black Marker (Altman), would actually be helpful.

• Options
    Very interesting GJ.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So what horrible nursery rhyme are we going to creepify this time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb4VA1p5KQk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xn6GeVWYnw

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yea... I'm surprised we haven't heard one yet.

Of all the things they could change or not do... there not being a song would actually bother me. :|

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was definitely looking forward to a new children song getting Dead Spacified.

• Options
    My suggestion... Its a small world after all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Did they ever provide a DL for the Ring Around the Rosies mp3? I still get a kick out of messing with my wife and son using Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Why not take a well known metal song and lullaby THAT up? Raining Blood, sung by creepy children.

• Options
    Because metal sucks?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    My suggestion... Its a small world after all.

Disney would never go for that. But it would be pretty great.

What about "London Bridge (Is Falling Down)"?

• Options
    I was going to say that has to be in the open market by now, but since its disney yeah forget that.

London bridge might be a little too specific for a game not in London or earth at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I was going to say that has to be in the open market by now, but since its disney yeah forget that.

London bridge might be a little too specific for a game not in London or earth at all.

Until the end of the game and we find out that we were on Earth all along!
    statue_planet_zpsad22914a.jpg

gjaustin on
  • Options
    YOU DAMN DIRTY NECROMORPHS!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    After playing the demo, I'm going to hold off on the third game. I'm not impressed with the direction they took the combat. Maybe it's just me, but the weapons don't feel like they have any weight behind them. I don't remember this being the case in the first two games. The new crafting system is too obtuse and is too cluttered to get any real information from it when being dropped into it. I'm going to try the demo again on my own to see if I can actually find the Dead Space game I liked for the last two entries. I'm just getting some thoughts out as their fresh in my mind. At least the co-op will make sure I play this in the future.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Is the demo available on PS3?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    gjaustin wrote: »

seems to be sentient

The Red Marker was based on designs that Altman created to placate the Black Marker.

There's also a passage about how 65 millions years of marker influence on Earth has caused humans to evolve a partial defense mechanism, where their brains can sort of fight back against the induced hallucinations.

So it's possible that the Red Marker, having been designed by someone particularly resistant to the Black Marker (Altman), would actually be helpful.
    Regarding Markers and Characters:
    Over in DS: Extraction, there was a character that was immune to the Red Marker; she's also currently alive as of the end of DS2 and was the only character (other than Issac) that survived the events of DS1.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

seems to be sentient

Over in DS: Extraction, there was a character that was immune to the Red Marker; she's also currently alive as of the end of DS2 and was the only character (other than Issac) that survived the events of DS1.

Did she show up in the expansion? If so.

Wasn't she also with child?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

seems to be sentient

Did she show up in the expansion? If so.

Wasn't she also with child?
    Yea, Lexine was preggers during the DLC in DS2, Severed.

• Options
    So now we know the protagonist for DS 4!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Is the demo available on PS3?

As soon as the store updates, if it hasn't already, it will be available to download.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Pretty good demo. Super excited for DS3 now. The weapon crafting system is neat.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    FLAG IN THE THREAD YOU PLAYED SOMETHING AND SAID YOU ENJOYED IT!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    YOU LOST YOUR "CYNICAL GAMER STEREOTYPE" CARD!

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Yeah thats it we're taking that mother and burning it! ITS BURNT YOUR DONE TURN IN YOUR DICK JOKES AND YOUR OVERINFLATED EGO!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    He gets to keep the Epeen though, right?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    What's happening?! :cry:

I just... I built an assault rifle with a line gun attached to it, and it was cool!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    What's happening?! :cry:

I just... I built an assault rifle with a line gun attached to it, and it was cool!

You did it wrong.

Every weapon must have the Ripper blade as the alternate fire.

• Options
    In my brief time with the demo I made a shotgun... I'm not that creative.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Made a assault rifle that also shoots lightning.

I wonder if you can name your guns...I will call it "God".

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    How do I make the Javelin Gun?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    How do you make a ripper? I can't seem to find or make anything that fires sawblades...

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i will make a javelin gun combined with a ripper

it will be the only gun i need, ever

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I made an assult rifle with a bayonet and a shotgun with a bola launcher.

I didnt see the ripper, but the javlin gun is in the demo for sure.

I was also really sad when I couldnt shoot off both shotguns at once in my over under shot gun combo....

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So now we know the protagonist for DS 4!
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for DS4.
    EA have said that they won't be making more unless DS3 gets 5 million sales.
    Considering DS2 got less then 3 million, I think we're looking a the last game here...

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
This discussion has been closed.