Options

[Dead Space 3] - EA shuts down Visceral Games... Add another EA victim to the list.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    the demos are largely there to spread word of mouth to people who wouldn't normally play the game

thus they are not indicative of the majority of the content

Pretty much. Most of the time the demo never play like the final game unless they came out afterwards.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    The plasma cutter you start out with seems a bit weak sauce. It didn't feel like there was any weight behind each shot. Just kinda *pew pew pew*.

That's probably because of the new weapon upgrade/crafting system though.

That definately factors in, like right now I'm playing DS2 with all the fully upgraded weapons, and they take down things no problem, but DS3 has a different kind of upgrade system, and seems to now have "Ok you can add this but it will also effect blank" so its not as easy to have an I win gun, which is great because the new crafting system says You don't neccessarily want that anyway.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I feel they've nerfed the Force Gun's alt fire. I used to own stuff with that thing...it just feels so weak here. I had to use that damn Line Gun as an alt on my scoped AR.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    They probably nerfed a lot of the alt-fires to get you to play with the weapon crafting. But I obviously have absolutely no proof of that and is pure speculation.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    They probably nerfed a lot of the alt-fires to get you to play with the weapon crafting. But I obviously have absolutely no proof of that and is pure speculation.

I'm assuming this is true also. Considering they have different power sources and things, I would imagine that there are "rare" parts that you can find which will turn the damage on weapons up to 11.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i just hope i can reconstruct my javelin gun to do the shock, fire, and explodey goodness it had in DS2

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I'm assuming this is true also. Considering they have different power sources and things, I would imagine that there are "rare" parts that you can find which will turn the damage on weapons up to 11.

There are rare parts, yes.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Rare...parts.

The RPG player in me is both scared and intrigued.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

There are rare parts, yes.

Nothing is rare for a dollar! :D:D:D

(sorry, couldn't help myself).

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Look, I know everyone is talking about Dead Space 3, but can I talk about 2 here? Because I just started playing it.

First I was super psyched because, hey, my mouse control worked just fine without an hour of fiddling with the settings! Huzzah for not terrible ports!

Then I was super annoyed with how the DLC auto-populated my store with so many weapons I don't want to give in to using. It wouldn't be a problem except now the game is already flooding my inventory with ammo types I don't want or need, which is making already annoying inventory management worse.

Still I'm having fun.

Oh Chapter 3? Cool. After that train sequence I'll be happy to take a breath and stop at a store and withdraw some medpa-OHGODOHGOD!!
    NECROTODDLERS!!! AHHH!!! KILL THEM!!! GET THEM OFF OF ME!!! WHY GOD WHY!!!

APODionysus on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    The plasma cutter you start out with seems a bit weak sauce. It didn't feel like there was any weight behind each shot. Just kinda *pew pew pew*.

You have to change the tip to get it closer to its former glory. I think they might have caught on to how useful it's been for the last two games.

• Options
    Look, I know everyone is talking about Dead Space 3, but can I talk about 2 here? Because I just started playing it.

First I was super psyched because, hey, my mouse control worked just fine without an hour of fiddling with the settings! Huzzah for not terrible ports!

Then I was super annoyed with how the DLC auto-populated my store with so many weapons I don't want to give in to using. It wouldn't be a problem except now the game is already flooding my inventory with ammo types I don't want or need, which is making already annoying inventory management worse.

Still I'm having fun.

Oh Chapter 3? Cool. After that train sequence I'll be happy to take a breath and stop at a store and withdraw some medpa-OHGODOHGOD!!

Did you know there's a school level in DS2... BECAUSE THERE IS ENJOY MAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Still I'm having fun.

Did you know there's a school level in DS2... BECAUSE THERE IS ENJOY MAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

NO

• Options
    The best part apo? Well I'll just let you get there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Still I'm having fun.

NO

Get ready to say that word.

A lot.

Dead Space 2 is a game that loves making you say "Fuck this shit, fuck this place, fuck this whole situation."

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

Still I'm having fun.

NO

Get ready to say that word.

A lot.

Dead Space 2 is a game that loves making you say "Fuck this shit, fuck this place, fuck this whole situation."

Pretty much every shit, every place, and every situation.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah its like "Ok follow the route follow the... FUCK YOU!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shady3011 wrote: »

You have to change the tip to get it closer to its former glory. I think they might have caught on to how useful it's been for the last two games.

Of course they've caught on. That's why there are achievements for completing the entire game with nothing but the starting gun.

• Options
    Well I can see why its in DS3 since 1 and 2 had the one gun cheevo, at least in the second game the cutter got some advances to make that easier, still its a boring as hell cheevo.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Well I can see why its in DS3 since 1 and 2 had the one gun cheevo, at least in the second game the cutter got some advances to make that easier, still its a boring as hell cheevo.

No way, crazy dude. I loved getting that achievement in both games.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

This was more my experience with Dead Space 1.

Dead Space 2 still freaked me out sometimes, but I was more prepared for it. So, it was more "Fuck you!!!!" *Blam Blam Blam!*

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Of course they've caught on. That's why there are achievements for completing the entire game with nothing but the starting gun.

Considering it was an achievement in the first one... they kinda ... made it so?

side note: will there be a tie-in game/novel or anything for DS3?

edit: Catalyst was more of a prequel... like to almost everything?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

No way, crazy dude. I loved getting that achievement in both games.

You also love playing the new DmC clearly you're not right in the head, the game lacks a taunt, your argument is invalid.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the snow ambushes in the DS3 demo. Or maybe I'm just not experienced enough to be able to detect them.

At least in DS1, you can identify possible entry points by where the vents were. I haven't played DS2 so I can't say anything about how they ambush you in that game. But so far my experience in the DS3 demo is that snow ambushes are pretty cheap. They pop up so close that you really don't have any room to react.

• Options
    You've got stasis, you've got knives, sharp sticks, you've got all you need.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    You've got stasis, you've got knives, sharp sticks, you've got all you need.

Alternatively:

Without aiming, just panic mash RT. Isaac's developed quite a strong swingin arm. Should give you more than enough breathing room.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I haven't used stasis at all. Guess I need to up my skill.

• Options
    Also you can now make weapons have an actual bayonet meele attack. I assume to deal with some of these surprise meele situations.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah. It one of the trailers I think I saw an electrified Bayonet.

...I cried.

• Options
    In the demo one of the weapons already qued up in your blueprints is "mjlonr" or whatever thor's hammer is called. Its an electrified rail gun with an electric piston hammer underneath. It works like magic.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    what the fuck

are there videos of this shit

EDIT: also my marker pendant just came in the mail

ALTMAN BE PRAISED

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Stasis like in DS2 is Y for those on the brobox.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Is there no demo for PC?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I cannot wait to get this game. When I was in high school my friend drove me to pick the first on up. After telling him what the game was about he purchased it as well. After I got home he starts texting me freaking out cause he found the game to scary, but he still loved it. There were many a "fuck you for convincing me to get this game im pissing my self in terror" texts. We both got dead space 2 and loved it, and now get to slaughter necromorphs in coop.

A little sad that the demo didnt scare me, bit only cause I want to hear my friend freaking out as we play coop.

Army of two style praise/humiliating should be a thing in this game. I want Issac and Carver to first bump after fighting off a wave of enemies. Oh and an easter egg where they get to build a snow man.

• Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    Holy heck the updated PS3 Store is a pain.

Still downloading DS3!

• Options
    Is any of the DLC for DS2 worthwhile?

• Options
    Severed is decent. Adds a few new enemies and sets up some subplot. Think its only about 2 hours if that though.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    DS1 made sure you stomp stompidity stomp-stomped the living shit out of anything that remotely looked threatening. No matter how dead it looked.

Naturally it carried over to DS2 by horrific dread twitches.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    How many chapters does DS2 have, and how long is the game, approximately?

After playing for 3-4 hours yesterday I'm on chapter 5.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    How present (and by that I mostly mean "dumb") is this "necromorphs with guns" thing in the game?

This discussion has been closed.