Goose! wrote: »
    Does the game start at 6 or 7?

6:30ish EST

mrt144 on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Does the game start at 6 or 7?

6:30, but I'd expect closer to 7 since Alicia Keyes national anthem will probably run for 10+ minutes.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Well, the good thing is, I can use the work computer for anything so long as I don't download anything permanent (I'm at that job right now, posting and doing practically nothing).

So I'll end up being paid to watch the game.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    According to Ian Rapoport, Alex Smith is (unsurprisingly) definitely gone this offseason, either traded or outright released, and the teams Ian claims are interested in Alex are the Chiefs, Eagles, Bills, and Cardinals.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    at least he'll get a ring. and he deserves it too, he won plenty of games for them this year.

my prediction:
    49ers 58
    Ravens 1
    because the refs will give them a pity point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iqQxJRK3W8

jwalk on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    According to Ian Rapoport, Alex Smith is (unsurprisingly) definitely gone this offseason, either traded or outright released, and the teams Ian claims are interested in Alex are the Chiefs, Eagles, Bills, and Cardinals.

I've decided what I want to see in the Superbowl.

Kaepernick gets a mild concussion in the opening drive, courtesy of Ray Lewis.

Alex Smith leads the 49ers to a 45-3 victory, wins Superbowl MVP.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

I will be very surprised if he doesn't end up with the Chiefs

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I would really like to see Alex Smith go to the Chiefs. I would like for them to begin to be relevant again.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I don't see much point in having smith on the bills. It's not like fitzpatrick is that much worse

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    those are contradictory statements

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I don't know about you guys but I think the Texans should sign Alex Smith. Then they'd have a REAL quarterback for a change. One who knows how to win National Football League games.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    i guess if you think the chiefs defense can be really good then he could be alright

but he is a low-ceiling high-floor qb, to make the playoffs your team is either going to have to be well above average defensively or have elite weapons around him

i think the best fit is probably the cardinals; they have probably a top 10 defense and one elite receiver to throw to

if they can effectively bolster their line through the draft (or free agency, i'm not sure of their cap situation) i think that's a potential playoff team

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The Chiefs will need a whole lot more than Smith if they want to compete anytime soon.

edit: also Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome confirmed that Joe Flacco will be back next season.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    We have to get Smith.

We are the landing place for ex 49er QB's.

Montana, Bono, Grbac.

Smith is on deck.

It'd be a good pick up anyway. We could take BPA in the first round, and take someone like Tyler Wilson in the second.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Also, to the surprise of what should be nobody Ray Lewis apparently used a banned substance to aid in his recovery from a torn tricep. The substance is known as "deer antler spray" and is considered very similar to HGH

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/report-ray-lewis-used-banned-substance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/

Though its unlikely any action will be taken against him as the NFL currently has no test for it or HGH yet.

Is that all this was? I only saw the headlines yesterday. I'm pretty sure ESPN has done stories on deer antler in the past where they talk to people openly about how much it is actually used.

Its probably just a convenient cover story.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    simo wrote: »
    i guess if you think the chiefs defense can be really good then he could be alright

but he is a low-ceiling high-floor qb, to make the playoffs your team is either going to have to be well above average defensively or have elite weapons around him

i think the best fit is probably the cardinals; they have probably a top 10 defense and one elite receiver to throw to

if they can effectively bolster their line through the draft (or free agency, i'm not sure of their cap situation) i think that's a potential playoff team

The Niners will attempt to trade rather than release him and I think it's likely they will find suitors outside their division that they would rather entertain.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Joe Flacco is already getting endorsements, although he says he is holding off on looking at most of them until after the Super Bowl. He has, however, accepted one already. The product? Haribo gummy bears.

vwKt3j8.jpg

I love my reckless quarterback so much 8->

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Trading would be better for them, because they won't take a cap hit.

If they release him, it depends on when as to how much it'll count against their cap.

If KC were to get him, I'd rather not give up picks, so I hope they release him.

• Options
    KC will end up trading for Matt Flynn. It makes too much sense for them to pass up on an unknown quantity for which they can easily overpay.

• Options
    Smith to KC would probably be a bad idea. You don't want him dropping back and throwing 40+ times a game, and with Andy Reid there that's what the QB is going to do.

My guess is the Brandon Weeden Experience is put on hiatus and Smith goes to Cleveland to make kissy faces with the Norvster.

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    KC will end up trading for Matt Flynn. It makes too much sense for them to pass up on an unknown quantity for which they can easily overpay.

I wish we could get more than a 3rd round pick for Flynn.

• Options
    Boy howdy I don't want Flynn.

I think Jamaal Charles gets around 250 carries a season with Reid.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Smith to KC would probably be a bad idea. You don't want him dropping back and throwing 40+ times a game, and with Andy Reid there that's what the QB is going to do.

My guess is the Brandon Weeden Experience is put on hiatus and Smith goes to Cleveland to make kissy faces with the Norvster.

I would be in favor of this only so Alex Smith can complete passes to Alex Smith if only 10 times a season.

But I doubt Chud wants him. Word has it he's looking for an athlete to run the read option.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    that sweet stuff

• Options
    And Monday, a report surfaced that former NFL player Kwame Harris had been charged with assaulting a former boyfriend.

Huh, well I'll be.

• Options
    And Monday, a report surfaced that former NFL player Kwame Harris had been charged with assaulting a former boyfriend.

Huh, well I'll be.

Harris is openly gay and assaulted his mate for putting soy sauce on his rice and stealing his underwear.

I am not making this up.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Joe Flacco is already getting endorsements, although he says he is holding off on looking at most of them until after the Super Bowl. He has, however, accepted one already. The product? Haribo gummy bears.

vwKt3j8.jpg

I love my reckless quarterback so much 8->

The best part of that endorsement is he gets a lifetime supply of Haribo gummy bears simply by posing with them.

• Options

Huh, well I'll be.

Harris is openly gay and assaulted his mate for putting soy sauce on his rice and stealing his underwear.

I am not making this up.

Is mate the preferred nomenclature?

That's a pretty amazing reason to beat on someone...

• Options
    Harris and Geier, who used to room together, had allegedly been on-again, off-again lovers for more than a two-year period. Reportedly, the pair’s argument began over some spilled soy sauce. The argument then took an ugly turn when the pair stepped outside of the eatery and Harris allegedly tried to pull down Geier’s pants, accusing him of stealing his underwear.

The war of words turned into fisticuffs with 36-year-old Geier on the losing end, suffering several facial fractures that required surgery. Harris is maintaining his innocence and has stated that he struck Geier in self-defense, but Harris reportedly has a physical edge over Geier because he is 6’7,” 240 pounds compared to his former companion’s frame of 6’1,” 220 pounds.

• Options
    edited January 2013

Huh, well I'll be.

I am not making this up.
    Harris is 6-foot-7 and 240 pounds and Geier is 6-1, 220 pounds.

They must have gone through box springs at an alarming rate.

mcp on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4glWjcbAbY

so I guess Culliver wasn't consulted before this video was made

• Options
    I'm going to get my interior designed by Vernon Davis.

http://www.modernclassdesign.com/index.php

• Options
    Its so modern and classy, I couldn't figure out how to make the Enter button work in firefox.

• Options
    Jesus that's an annoying website.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    Jesus that's an annoying website.

You clearly don't have an eye for the finer things like Vernon and I.

• Options
    The San Francisco 49ers reject the comments that were made yesterday, and have addressed the matter with Chris. There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers reject the comments that were made yesterday, and have addressed the matter with Chris. There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.

I'm glad we're at the point where a team will just straight-up disagree with a player on something like this. Granted, it's the 49ers, so they have an added reason of not pissing off their community, but it's something.

edit: More importantly, it came just hours after that story was posted.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    why do athletes forget they are entertainers

as in you should probably know your audience

This discussion has been closed.