As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Everyone loves Singed.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Would have being nice to see them actually stick to their guns on it honestly.

I was just confused as to why they were doing it.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Weak as fuck. I wanted to buy Goth Annie. All those entitled cry babies ruining my shot at finally getting Goth Annie.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    hey I'd be all for it if riot had any sort of parity in their limited skins availability. but they don't, so fuck it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Bet Riot is glad they put work into redoing a skin that they basically can't even sell now.

That'll teach them.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Weak as fuck. I wanted to buy Goth Annie. All those entitled cry babies ruining my shot at finally getting Goth Annie.

This is why they were doing it :D

To be fair Stragint you can still get it by purchasing the digital collector's edition. But I'm with you, I liked that they were going to offer it to people for a short time (And I already have it from the digital edition years ago)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Could always re-work the Collector's Pack so that the price on it scales depending on how many things in it you already own.

Why's it come with RP anyway, btw? It costs RP to... get RP? wat.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Bet Riot is glad they put work into redoing a skin that they basically can't even sell now.

That'll teach them.

except you can get it the exact same way I did?

are you going to complain about red riding annie and annie in wonderland next?

Jars on
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    hey I'd be all for it if riot had any sort of parity in their limited skins availability. but they don't, so fuck it.

Pretty much agreed, just because where's my snow-bunny Nidalee.

I think they're learning to not make limited skins any more (see last snowdown) but there's still a ton of nice ones stuck in limbo with a defence force of people who want to protect their rarity. I can get WHY they do, but come on, more people playing with a skin shouldn't affect your enjoyment of it.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    What would be nice is if they would offer new packs. Like 5 champs + 5 skins kind of thing.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options

That'll teach them.

No need to get all defensive, I wasn't going to buy your super exclusive skin anyway.

But I'll bet you Riot isn't going to give two shits about redoing either of those skins now.

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Could always re-work the Collector's Pack so that the price on it scales depending on how many things in it you already own.

Why's it come with RP anyway, btw? It costs RP to... get RP? wat.

Because it was originally buying the vast majority/all champions that came out with the game.

Think of it as buying the whole game plus the first DLC pack.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    good luck getting malph thru bans, though you should be able to get mummy through, it's just that he's so damn susceptible to counter-jungling that you really need to know how to prepare for it.

I've come to agree with @Varega that the biggest problem most people have is paying attention to what's going on. It drives me crazy when I'm rolling Taric, stun someone, go in and explode and my ADC is hanging out failing at last hitting the large minion instead of the should-be-dead stunee. If you root someone as Mao, you have to pray that someone is going to follow up on your initiation. There are a lot of champs that you may be good with, very viable champs, but just don't work in soloq. I like to play Galio, but to expect everyone to drop their cooldowns on the people in my ult is too big of a gamble in soloq. SHit, they have trouble following the dotted line and pink fuzzy booted guy running at the person they need to click on.

If you're comfortable with Nocturne as Jungler, roll him as much as you can. With the currently stupidly broken build on AP Kayle, she's a fantastic jungler for the current state of the game (apparently stuff is patching right NOW), gives you a heal to help yourself and others sustain, has an amazing Ult that generally let's you save someone who got themselves into a very uncomfortable place, like the back of a Volkswagon. Did I mention the stupidly broken build? Yeh, learn that and mangle people before they fix it (and it does need fixing).

As for rolling a lane, I've taken to trying to figure out who the bads are on both teams, ruthlessly exploit theirs and try to minimize damage from yours.

In my experience 1) Amumu is always banned 2) his vulnerability to counter jungling is very overrated. He's pretty durable and doesn't even need that much mana to jungle. He's not like fiddle who just gets wrecked without his first blue.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    They really should put the event skins back in rotation every once in a while. I'm fine with exclusive stuff for high elo in ranked, but I really wish they wouldn't punish people for not having played x years ago. I want them to have my money, I can't see why they won't accept it.

Completely unrelated: I love it when I get my lagging, randomly minimizing Caitlyn ass carried by a support. Nunu in this case. I of course returned the favour by sorting out those issues and then murderizing everything that came my way. (Was helped by a really boss team and a bunch of flamers on the opposing one).

• Options
    edited January 2013

That'll teach them.

No need to get all defensive, I wasn't going to buy your super exclusive skin anyway.

But I'll bet you Riot isn't going to give two shits about redoing either of those skins now.

sure thing. just like they did nothing with snow bunny and bewitching nidalee. you seem like the angry one here

Jars on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

This is why they were doing it :D

To be fair Stragint you can still get it by purchasing the digital collector's edition. But I'm with you, I liked that they were going to offer it to people for a short time (And I already have it from the digital edition years ago)

Sure, if I want to waste $30 on a skin. I had over half of the champs in the pack before I even realized it existed. I basically resigned myself to the idea that I would never have that skin.

Oh well, I'll just continue to not buy RP (not in any sort of protest, I just rather buy other useless shit for now and I always have the IP to buy new champs as they come out) and play with the Reverse Annie skin.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    You got me. Nothing makes me angrier than not being able to buy skins I wouldn't have bought anyway. (I own no skins that I didn't get for free. Zero. And it's going to stay that way pretty much forever.)

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    guys guys if riot implemented some sort of skin trading system I'd happily give you my goth annie, I have frostfire annie!!! it's the best.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    You should try building resistances on Naut, as his W gives you free effective health every time you cast it.

Eh
    Honestly CDR is what i wanted but if you want to snowball then hp stacking is the way to go. Nautilus's W does give you free effective health but his actual base health is very low if i remember correctly. Obviously not ungodly low but still. What health on nautilus gives him is a bigger shield, as it scales off his hp. Which in turn gives him more damage as he can keep the shield up longer. Also resistances are expensive and hard to come by. That game was probably not a accurate representation of what you should build on him though, it was really trollsy
    plus health is the fotm defensive stat, and for good reason

Assuming level 5 shield:

720g buys you 40 armor, which is 120 more effective health on your shield (against physical).

1000g buys you 400hp, which is a flat 40 more hp on your shield.

It's also important to know that armor applies to your shield, so having 100 armor makes your shield protect against 600 physical damage.

For resistance tanks, my normal build is Sunfire+NMM+NMM (build into Bulwark), or Sunfire+Visage if the passive means anything to me.

• Options

but they already did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHqRvMY-Q-s

(Also, watch this youtube to witness the superiority of Frostfire Annie)

• Options
    Well that's neat then I guess.

I still think complaining about them selling a skin because it was exclusive at any given point is hopelessly silly.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular

That'll teach them.

The original Goth Annie didn't actually have any work put into it so they're basically making up for that. Even the goth annie splash art was just a close up zoom of the in game model.

Goth Annie is from the era where the alt skins were just changing the fill colour on the standard model.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I don't even use goth annie, but if they are going to continue to put certain skins on a pedestal then fair's fair.

• Options
    I don't know what the problem was with reselling Goth Annie. They already resold Leopard Nidalee, which is arguable her best skin after the rework.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I own goth annie but I kind of think it would be REALLY funny for them to leave the old annie model and that version of the skin in the game, and then release the new, non-hideous one entitled "alternative annie" for 975 RP

your skin! it's exclusive. exclusively dogshit

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    I own goth annie but I kind of think it would be REALLY funny for them to leave the old annie model and that version of the skin in the game, and then release the new, non-hideous one entitled "alternative annie" for 975 RP

Actually, if you owned a champion before an art update, they should let you keep the old skin. More content!

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

That'll teach them.

The original Goth Annie didn't actually have any work put into it so they're basically making up for that. Even the goth annie splash art was just a close up zoom of the in game model.

Goth Annie is from the era where the alt skins were just changing the fill colour on the standard model.

This is a bad argument, because Silver Kayle exists. Though Kayle's model has been remade, Silver Kayle is still just a recolour.

I'm not saying one way or the other that Goth Annie should or shouldn't be on sale here (though I do think she should), I'd just like to note that there was more than one collector's pack edition skin, and one of them is of a higher quality than the others now despite them all starting at the same level of quality.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Sampsen wrote: »

Actually, if you owned a champion before an art update, they should let you keep the old skin. More content!

it's kind of similar to when they made the normal gangplank look awesome, the minuteman gangplank still has the goofy boots and hat and everything, but he has the new gangplank's animations.

i use minuteman gangplank. he is the goofiest.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    panda annie comes out like this week why would anyone want goth annie now

• Options
    edited February 2013
    panda annie comes out like this week why would anyone want goth annie now

Annie Enthusiasts.

(This guy for one :) )

Well I mean I already have it, but I like cycling through the skins I own on Annie when I play her. I think the only ones I don't have are prom (creepy annie) and Red riding annie

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I really don't get this at all. exclusivity and limited edition sales are things that happen all the time. are you upset over blizzard offering limited edition pets and stuff with collector's editions?

who are you to tell people they are buying things for the wrong reason? are you fucking kidding me?

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Just played first game of Thresh.

My Vayne went SOTD first so we got wrecked in lane.

But we won with a clutch baron into a shove that got us it. Bonus armour combined with aegis and locket basically meant I could face tank turrets without a creep wave.

I'm really starting to think with how weak turrets are they might have to put an anti-back dooring thing in like DOTA where if there isn't a creep wave it regens really fast.

There is. If there aren't creeps around turrets gain 150 bonus Armor and MR0
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    You should try building resistances on Naut, as his W gives you free effective health every time you cast it.

You should only really get resistances on Naut when it coincides with health items, since health items are so much better even with the bonus health on his w from resistances.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I really don't get this at all. exclusivity and limited edition sales are things that happen all the time. are you upset over blizzard offering limited edition pets and stuff with collector's editions?

those products do not transform in your house after 3 years of their purchase

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

those products do not transform in your house after 3 years of their purchase

oh really? because I'm pretty sure there is some sort of pokemon thing in wow now that you can use those pets in.

but hey, it's totally okay to bait and switch people because "lol buying over exclusivity!"

• Options
    Yi, Volibear and Tryndamere buffs. Praise be to Morello!

Also, I'm totally trying a Doran's Shield start on junglers now.

• Options
    None of the champs I play were buffed or nerfed!

I'll take it.

• Options
    as someone who plays mostly junglers AND supports I really like the less wards early thing, but we've known about the sightstone change for a while.

dorans shields.......

• Options

Let's see here:

Screw Blitzcrank awesome!

Ezreal nerf, loving that!

Kat Nerf! OMG GG RIOT TRASH TIER KATARINA /WRISTS

Kennen buff, bleh if I never see a kennen it will be too soon.

Yi Nerf, needed to happen

MF Ult nerf makes sense.

Interesting the Infinite scaling changes on Nasus, Veigar, and Sion went in already. I like it :D

Shaco trash tier now (not really)

Sightstone changes went live

I like that they are sprinkling in reasoning along with the patch notes, that's a nice touch.

"Bots will occasionally chat at the beginning and end of games"

Wtf that's random.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    What they don't mention is that they didn't program the bots to chat, it just happened one day.

• Options
    KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    Speaking of limited skins
    WHY GOD CAN'T I HAVE SILENT NIGHT SONA
    what a cruel world
    At least let me get a Christmas soraka with a wreath around her horn or something. :(

W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
This discussion has been closed.