Options

Math [chat]

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    w-e, amtrak will get me there >1 hour quicker and i'll be comfortable for <50 bucks more

oh look here we got the shah of philly on board

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    new void rays would destroy old void rays

edit - actually this might not be true

Wait, do vanilla players not have access to tweaks done to existing units in HOTS?

I may be completely wrong but I don't think so. pretty sure WoL will remain as is and HOTS is its own thing

honestly not sure now that I'm thinking about it.

da fuq, that sounds weird

If that is true that is the most convoluted solution to RTS expansion packs I've ever seen.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    If I did have kids I would keep them in line with raw vegan gluten free sugar free mint macaroons.

"What did you just say to me, young man? I think you need to eat a cookie."

"Por favor, padre, no la galleta!"
    As a kid our parents would buy Frookies - fruit-juice sweetened health food store cookies. One time I offered one to a friend and I warned him he might not like it and he's like, "nah, there's no such thing as a bad cookie."

And then he said, "well, I guess I was wrong."

wandering on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Corporal punishment can be extremely useful. But not because it's painful; because it's an expression of disapproval turned up to eleven. When my twins were ~18 months the younger one wanted to put his mouth on outlets. Well, I've only successfully made them upset through scolding them about twice, so I swatted his noggin. Worked great; no more suicidal toddler.

P.S. As I started writing this, he climbed down off my lap, and then promptly smacked me in the balls. I think he might be psychic.

Supposedly in 20 years your child will suffer from at least one of the following: aggression, delinquency, or depression.

Statements like this require an aggressively warped understanding of statistics and probability.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I was mentally and physically abused as a child and I turned out alr...

okay didn't really turn out that great at all

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Outlet plugs exist for a reason.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Corporal punishment can be extremely useful. But not because it's painful; because it's an expression of disapproval turned up to eleven. When my twins were ~18 months the younger one wanted to put his mouth on outlets. Well, I've only successfully made them upset through scolding them about twice, so I swatted his noggin. Worked great; no more suicidal toddler.

P.S. As I started writing this, he climbed down off my lap, and then promptly smacked me in the balls. I think he might be psychic.

Supposedly in 20 years your child will suffer from at least one of the following: aggression, delinquency, or depression.

this ain't too adult brah

Oh come on, @surrealitycheck appreciated it to some extent!
    hahahahahahahahaha

See?

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yeah sarks override is right, idk why I thought that

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    oh i guess (me3 end disucssion continued)
    i always pick blue, green is retarded and im not willing to kill the geth and edi

In my interpretation of "red"
    the geth and EDI do not die. That was only ever a scare tactic to try and force the moral Shepard to select a Reaper option.

In fact, from an entirely meta-gamey stance, the fact that EDI and the Geth die in the canon red interpretation was only done because the asshat who wrote it wanted to ensure there was no completely good ending.

What's funny is he actually considers the green ending to be the good ending

Like, doesn't see anything morally wrong with forcing that on the universe. It's why it requires the most war assets to have access to

It's like he didn't play any of the ME games including the one he was working on, where it is said flat out that what makes this cycle special is diversity.

And then the "good" ending is
    "No one can get along the only way to have peace is sameness brought to you by SKFM"

Oh and Shepard gets disintegrated just because why not

• Options
    I don't know if he's laughing with you

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2013

Statements like this require an aggressively warped understanding of statistics and probability.

as a man who just scored probably in the middle of the pack on an intro to probability and one-variable statistics exam,

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @Organichu I will hold you responsible for your heartlessness. Admit adorableness, or join _J_ in the robot commune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=9Iq5yCoHp4o

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    yeah sarks override is right, idk why I thought that

how dare you

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    im appreciating the cosmos

sometimes in life it is good to be a gangsta

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Indoctrination theory doesn't really work with the other endings.

Although it does pose the question, what if indoctrination theory is only correct if you
    choose red, and otherwise it isn't?

Are narratives of player choice retroactively flexible? My instinct is no, not without precedent in the game.

I think it works with all endings, but retroactively changed endings would be cool as hell
    there was some game that had this but i don't remember which one

dragon age, perhaps? except it was terrible because it was like "no matter what you chose, it was the right decision. yay you!"

games should make fun of the player and call them stupid

Buh?

The only choice in Dragon Age at the end is which Grey Warden must sacrifice himself to save everyone.

There is no right or wrong choice, because all wardens have this responsibility.

The final option of the ritual so no one has to make the sacrifice is presented as a "have your cake and eat it too with very, very potentially bad consequences paid forward choose at your own risk."

There is no truly bad ending.

And sarcasm yes, but it deserves to be said.

No game should make me feel like I was an asshole for playing it.

Especially not a whole trilogy.
    no it wasn't the ending

maybe I was thinking of the dwarf kings decision in orzammar but it's possible i'm thinking of another game

also games should challenge your beliefs and make fun of you for being a bad person like in alpha protocol

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    i always pick blue, green is retarded and im not willing to kill the geth and edi

the geth and EDI do not die. That was only ever a scare tactic to try and force the moral Shepard to select a Reaper option.

In fact, from an entirely meta-gamey stance, the fact that EDI and the Geth die in the canon red interpretation was only done because the asshat who wrote it wanted to ensure there was no completely good ending.

Like, doesn't see anything morally wrong with forcing that on the universe. It's why it requires the most war assets to have access to

But if the concept of yin + yang / chaos + order is pretty heavily pumped throughout ME3, meaning 'for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction' so yes of course choosing the green option includes a pretty major sacrifice.

• Options
    hmm I am still hungry

stupid frozen lunch

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    me3 endings are like the ending of war games

the only way to win is to not play

day bow bow
    ohhhhh beautifulll
    day bow bow

chick chickachuka

• Options

It's like he didn't play any of the ME games including the one he was working on, where it is said flat out that what makes this cycle special is diversity.

"No one can get along the only way to have peace is sameness brought to you by SKFM"

Okay Geth awesoming this post is pretty great

We have reached consensus.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Natural selection is a cruel mistress.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    new void rays would destroy old void rays

edit - actually this might not be true

Wait, do vanilla players not have access to tweaks done to existing units in HOTS?

I may be completely wrong but I don't think so. pretty sure WoL will remain as is and HOTS is its own thing

honestly not sure now that I'm thinking about it.

Right now, it seems like they're planning on combining them. When you play Heart of the Swarm, you have to select a different server domain for the beta. Then when switch back to Wings of Liberty, it leaves your account in the HotS beta domain and WoL whines that your client is not authorized. After that you get a popup that lets you select the production Wings of Liberty servers. That wouldn't make sense unless they were going to eventually combine them. Otherwise, just hard code the clients to use the separate domains always.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Movie Poster for a horror film. Effective but creepy as fuck so it gets hidden by spoilers. Work Safe though unless you make your boss cringe when they walk by.
    would_you_rather_ver2_xlg.jpg

• Options

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The green ending is just stupid.

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular

:-p

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    The green ending is just stupid.

should result in extermination of all life

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Movie Poster for a horror film. Effective but creepy as fuck so it gets hidden by spoilers. Work Safe though unless you make your boss cringe when they walk by.

tom you seent this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_Chien_Andalou

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Someone saw Un Chien Andalou

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

tom you seent this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_Chien_Andalou

No but I know of it and the eye cutting.

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Oh there's a Baby Geniuses podcast all about ASMR. I thought it was kind of interesting. It was the first time I was exposed to it. Pretty bizarre. Definitely one of those "How do we know the true state of human consciousness?" kind of weird things.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

But if the concept of yin + yang / chaos + order is pretty heavily pumped throughout ME3, meaning 'for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction' so yes of course choosing the green option includes a pretty major sacrifice.

No.

Organic life is extremely orderly. That whole "the Reapers are order to organic life's chaos" is Reaper mystical bullshit.

I believe that they might believe that, but don't tell me the player that's how it is.

Because I am not 5.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Dune occur in the same universe.

spool32 on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

As he leaps headfirst into the beam the kid should be like, "I didn't say you had to sprint and jump in there ... we were just gonna like take a toenail shaving or arm hair..."

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    ASMR makes a ton of sense from an evolutionary standpoint though in my opinion, you know that whole thing about maternal figures reassuring their neonatal charges with cooing and whispering

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Thing I should do: Study
    Thing I actually do: [chat]
    Thing i will do: kick myself

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    • Millennials are hard hit by the economic crisis—62.9% are currently working, of which 31.2% work on a part-time basis—with potential implications for civic engagement;

Dang. Hope that improves by the time I graduate.

This discussion has been closed.