Options

[chat]muting

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I once went to buy a soda at the mall at one of those news stands. I only had like $2 on me, the soda was $2.50... alright, I go to pay with my card, "Sorry it's a $5 minimum."

"Got anything behind there to make it $5, can I just go grab another soda?"
    "You're holding up my line."

So I went to the subway right next to him and stared him right in the eyes as I got a 85 cent soda and paid with a card.

Basically, fuck people who sell stuff.
    So... you didn't check to make sure you had enough money to buy what you wanted, and you didn't grab some extra stuff before you got in line to hit the $5 minimum, but that's his fault?
    To be fair, that clerk sounded like a dick.
    If I were in line behind Bowen, I would have been pissed.

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

Why? Are you pissed at people in front of you when they mistype their PIN and apologize while having to do it a second time?
    Likely one of those people who assumes cash is faster. Up here you're lucky if the cashier can figure out how to count change quicker than I can hit "credit" on the keypad.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but no. What I think is faster is telling you to go away rather than waiting around for you to figure out what you need to buy because you weren't paying attention to what you were doing.
    Why is it important to your quality of life that everyone around you is maximally efficient and doesn't inconvenience you whatsoever.
    I'm more concerned about how I was supposed to see the future.
    I wasn't aware that knowing whether or not you have enough cash to pay for something on you requires precognition.

Lol what?

Have you only read like half the story? He knew they took cards, but not about the minimum. At that point so long as he doesn't ever draw or go over his limit, he has enough money to pay for it.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    isms all up in

I friendzoned a girl and now she wont talk to me because she thought I wanted the V and I didn't, I thought we were just friends :(

She's upset. Buy her chocolate.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    *yaaaaaawn*

What is my deal with waking up at five or so?

I've done it four nights in a row now.

At least I went back to bed tonight. Also waking up is pretty fun for me now so I get twice as much of it. Weird post-hoc rationalization whoo?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    20 more minutes to suffer though...

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Arawrawrawr

I have made some moves and some decisions

I hope that they are excellent

They certainly feel excellent

But they are a secret for now

So why am I posting about it then, you might ask?

Shut up, that's why!

Hi slow chat :)

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah I've said in about 3 separate posts that they didn't have any notice about the minimum, I looked for it after he told me.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    isms all up in

I friendzoned a girl and now she wont talk to me because she thought I wanted the V and I didn't, I thought we were just friends :(

Yell "take THAT, societal conception of gender roles!" and kick someone down the stairs.

I regularly do this and it's pretty great.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    isms all up in

I remember how after I got divorced a girl could hit me over the head with the "I want to date you" stick and it still wouldn't register because after being married for years I had no clue as to what the signs were.

But it was all for the good, because once I was clued in I met Mrs. DoctorArch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am at home hahahahahahahaha weekend starts here bitches! Craziness and debauchery!

I am brewing tea and listening to Radio 4.

• Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    Hmm, should I make a thread about prognosticating and math? I forgot how much math you have to do in this shot, and I remember having a few conversations in here about it..

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Shivahn wrote: »
    isms all up in

Yell "take THAT, societal conception of gender roles!" and kick someone down the stairs.

the worst part is she was literally my only good friend in the area, this was about a year and a half ago

Now Im getting chummy with this girl and she wanted lunch yesterday and im getting the same vibes but absolutely do not feel that way about her (like im p sure she thought it was a date)

maybe there's something wrong with me, I've been single for a long time why am I not interested by default

override367 on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Arawrawrawr

Shut up, that's why!

Don't do this thing. I remove people from my facebook when they say shit like

exciting things
    or
    I hate when people do things that make me mad, you know who I'm talking to
    or
    wow something so cool just happened but lol I can't talk about it

• Options
    isms all up in

i am actually pretty irritated at myself for not liking a girl who likes me

it's not like i'm swamped with offers

but if you're not attracted to someone you're not attracted to them

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Booked an appointment to get my first bespoke suit tomorrow from a place a friend recommended.

Going to be hit by such a sense of imposter syndrome. I don't work in the city, what am I doing.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am at home hahahahahahahaha weekend starts here bitches! Craziness and debauchery!

I am brewing tea and listening to Radio 4 old.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    isms all up in

Sympathy D?

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    We Ronnie's diabetes feet.

*flap flap*

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Arawrawrawr

Shut up, that's why!

Don't do this thing. I remove people from my facebook when they say shit like

exciting things
    or
    I hate when people do things that make me mad, you know who I'm talking to
    or
    wow something so cool just happened but lol I can't talk about it
    Shut up, that's why!

:D

<3 You Ludious

• Options
    isms all up in

the worst part is she was literally my only good friend in the area, this was about a year and a half ago

Now Im getting chummy with this girl and she wanted lunch yesterday and im getting the same vibes but absolutely do not feel that way about her (like im p sure she thought it was a date)

maybe there's something wrong with me, I've been single for a long time why am I not interested by default

Well... I'm sorry, and that sucks. But it she's not going to talk to you over that it seems like she might be lacking some... maturity? I mean that shit is really, really disappointing but it's not a thing to drop a friendship over for more than a week so you get over it.

Also nothing wrong with you, you're just being a person.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    isms all up in

Sympathy D?

And when you feel guilty later you get the Sympathy V
    In which you'll eventually have to return with Sympathy D

Will the cycle of sympathy pleasures never end?!

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    But it's annoying when someone is like "I have something awesome to share but I cannot share it yet!"

• Options
    isms all up in

Sympathy D?

i am really just not attracted to her at all

i have a type that im interested in and she is pretty much the opposite

great girl, fun to hang around with but my D is not excite

• Options
    Every time I wash my water bottle the next couple refills taste unpleasantly of soap

Now matter how hard I try to ensure this is not the case

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    isms all up in

You don't have to be interested by default. That sounds like a 'desperate cat-lady no-one-wants-to-die-alone' attitude.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    isms all up in

Well... I'm sorry, and that sucks. But it she's not going to talk to you over that it seems like she might be lacking some... maturity? I mean that shit is really, really disappointing but it's not a thing to drop a friendship over for more than a week so you get over it.

with the first one, I know her feelings were probably hurt too, because I asked her if she wanted to see a movie and I show up and she's wearing her best clothes and wearing perfume and her roomate isn't joining us and I'm thinking "oh dear", because I'm just wearing what the fuck ever because I thought it was just friend's going out

now I have nobody to go see movies with or check out new restaurants and shit, siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I once went to buy a soda at the mall at one of those news stands. I only had like $2 on me, the soda was $2.50... alright, I go to pay with my card, "Sorry it's a $5 minimum."

So I went to the subway right next to him and stared him right in the eyes as I got a 85 cent soda and paid with a card.

So... you didn't check to make sure you had enough money to buy what you wanted, and you didn't grab some extra stuff before you got in line to hit the $5 minimum, but that's his fault?

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

Why? Are you pissed at people in front of you when they mistype their PIN and apologize while having to do it a second time?
    Likely one of those people who assumes cash is faster. Up here you're lucky if the cashier can figure out how to count change quicker than I can hit "credit" on the keypad.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but no. What I think is faster is telling you to go away rather than waiting around for you to figure out what you need to buy because you weren't paying attention to what you were doing.
    Why is it important to your quality of life that everyone around you is maximally efficient and doesn't inconvenience you whatsoever.
    People are often annoyed when activities that are uninteresting but necessary are made more time consuming than they need to be.
    But the extra time involved is so tiny.
    I meant just in general.

When extra time crosses the threshold into inconvenience is kind of subjective.

Plus the whole thing of many people causing small delays adding up overall.
    I think this is what frustrates me about the buses, too. People riding like assholes causes all of the buses to get backed up, and become late. In addition, they do it every fucking day, which does add up quite a bit over time.

I've only got one life, and I'd rather keep the amount of it wasted by waiting on fuckfaces to figure out that they need to have their fare ready before they get on the bus kept to a minimum.

• Options
    But it's annoying when someone is like "I have something awesome to share but I cannot share it yet!"

Yeah but if someone shares awesome stuff repeatedly it can get annoying and boring.
    >.>

<.<

• Options

Sunglasses gracefully descend from the sky and alight upon my nose and ears

Smug grin appears below

Incendiary text scrawls in front of me

Scene

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    isms all up in

Ehhhhh. OK. It is absolutely immature to drop all contact and be a jerk about it; however, some feelings are too strong and remaining friends with someone could be bad for your mental health, so sometimes even being friends just isn't an option. Being honest about that is where maturity comes into play.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i can't talk about it

but there will soon be a reckoning

• Options
    isms all up in

with the first one, I know her feelings were probably hurt too, because I asked her if she wanted to see a movie and I show up and she's wearing her best clothes and wearing perfume and her roomate isn't joining us and I'm thinking "oh dear", because I'm just wearing what the fuck ever because I thought it was just friend's going out

now I have nobody to go see movies with or check out new restaurants and shit, siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Oh. Yeah, I mean, you shouldn't feel guilty because you couldn't really have known, but that sucks. And for sure that must have hurt. But not like, never talk ever again hurt.

Of course I say this as a lonely person with issues relating to meeting people in person so..

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Hmm, apparently I poured myself more vodka right before I went to sleep.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Man I should have busted out my checkbook to pay for it, that would have been something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    That Gunship: First Strike game looks awesome and I can't find any way to buy it in Canada. :(

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    You don't owe people contact.

• Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    Hey look there's a big long conversation about waiting in line longer than necessary to buy a soda, and I spent 3 hours at the DMV today just for my yearly tag renewal.

I have no fucks to give.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    isms all up in

Ehhhhh. OK. It is absolutely immature to drop all contact and be a jerk about it; however, some feelings are too strong and remaining friends with someone could be bad for your mental health, so sometimes even being friends just isn't an option. Being honest about that is where maturity comes into play.

Ok, that is certainly true. I guess I just find that.. really weird if you haven't actually dated. But just because I can't relate to it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, so yeah.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

People are often annoyed when activities that are uninteresting but necessary are made more time consuming than they need to be.
    But the extra time involved is so tiny.
    I meant just in general.

When extra time crosses the threshold into inconvenience is kind of subjective.

Plus the whole thing of many people causing small delays adding up overall.
    I think this is what frustrates me about the buses, too. People riding like assholes causes all of the buses to get backed up, and become late. In addition, they do it every fucking day, which does add up quite a bit over time.

I've only got one life, and I'd rather keep the amount of it wasted by waiting on fuckfaces to figure out that they need to have their fare ready before they get on the bus kept to a minimum.

But how do you intend to do that. Getting pissed doesn't do anything. Now you're wasting more time on the bus and you're in a bad mood. How is that good?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    Booked an appointment to get my first bespoke suit tomorrow from a place a friend recommended.

Going to be hit by such a sense of imposter syndrome. I don't work in the city, what am I doing.

Nice, what fabric/make you going? What city you getting it from/establishment if you don't mind? A well tailored suit can last you 20 years if you're over 20 and don't get blackout drunk at every wedding.. Chicks dig black lanel.

• Options
    Nocturne!

I like your avatar!

This discussion has been closed.