Options

[chat]muting

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Credit can be really fast. A bunch of places use the 'tap' function, which means it takes me less time to pay with my credit card than with cash because all I do is wave my card over the terminal like I'm a Jedi and the payment is done.

Even with just a PIN its really fast.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    San Andreas was the best GTA. Vice City is pretty and has a great soundtrack but when you go back and play it it turns out it is teeny-tiny and Miami is not the most geographically interesting place to get into car chases in (you hit the edge of the island after like 60 seconds of flat-out driving in any direction), the story is weirdly disjointed (a dude I know who used to be a graphic designer at Rockstar said VC was hella rushed and looking at the pacing I tend to agree), and the gun combat is an exercise in hair-tearing frustration.

SA fixed all of that and had a fantastic virtual world to drive around in with a huge amount of variety, from the hood to desert buttes to alpine forests, and a story that was basic but worked and held together (some dumb stuff like the CIA dude missions aside).

i got to the one mission in SA where you have to blow up a car with a model airplane? and gave up

That mission made no sense.

"My competitor is killing me with his delivery service. We need to destroy his vans."
    "Ok, I have grenades, guns, and a rocket launcher. I'll be back in five minutes."
    "NO! We have to do it in the most impractical and needlessly convoluted way imaginable."

later...
    "Ok, the vans have all been destroyed and the plane is intact on the sidewalk in front of the building where we are. All we need to do is walk downstairs and pick it up."
    "NOOOOOO! This operation is a complete failure!"

sig.gif
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    [quote="Ludious;26191943"][quote="STATE OF THE ART ROBOT;26191939"]Paying with a check for a $2 item is rude, but paying for something with a debit card does not take much longer than paying with cash. [/quote]

If by take much longer you mean actually takes less time than paying with cash[/quote]
    I guess it depends. If it was a $1.37 item and you paid with a $5 bill, then yeah. But if it was like $1.89 and you paid with two $1 bills, then yeah, cash is faster. But really the difference doesn't matter and if someone else in line using a debit card to pay for a small purchase makes you angry you need to reevaluate things in your life.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    i always try to have £20 or so of cash on me which i avoid using if i can

there are some times you just cant use a card

Casual on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Man, today's Whomp is one of those absurd flashbacks to my teenage years. Aside from the note pinned to his back, that's a painfully realistic scenario.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Giving a homeless person a vegetarian hummus sandwich is incredibly rude. You make them think you're going to feed them and then that's what they get? So cruel.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    2013-03-22-Love-Disconnection.jpg

Awwww, Ronnie. Well, that's a new side to things.

Are you ... are you coming onto me, Raven? Because that's cool ... that's cool ...

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Oh right, has anyone got any thoughts on color laser printers? I'm looking at the very cheap Dell one which does unspeakable things to you with refill pricing but apparently has good quality. It's for probably very low volume use.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    COUSIN, WE GO TO AMERICAN BOWLING ALLEY NOW, YES?

Dammit, I need a GTA game that rivals Vice City. I was to be a moral-less psychopath in a tropical paradise. None of the family and girlfriends and bad-against-his-will bullshit later games introduced. I want to stand on a sidewalk and shoot innocent pedestrians for no reason except that I can.

s..saint's row 3?

well, minus the "tropical paradise", I guess.
    seriously

i dual wield SMGs that set people on fire

fuckin' love dis game

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    The only reason I started carrying cash on me is because Lothian Buses didn't take cards.

But then I got a transit card so...

(bus pass...)

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Man, today's Whomp is one of those absurd flashbacks to my teenage years. Aside from the note pinned to his back, that's a painfully realistic scenario.

I like how Ronnie is all "Oh yeah, I knew that." in the third panel.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    i wouldnd have used tesco but i couldnt be bothered to explain who they were to non British people :P

dude the word Tesco appears approximately 1,143.5 times per 100-page chat thread

it is basically the unofficial sponsor of early-AM chat

that's British [chat] time

we're well in to American [chat] time now, we must Americanise to survive

Howdy y'all. I'm off to fire my gun at some criminals and drink an enormous coke.

*narrows eyes suspiciously*

How enormous?
    Two eighths of a gallon? One hundred ounces?

No, furlongs.

Shit.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Credit can be really fast. A bunch of places use the 'tap' function, which means it takes me less time to pay with my credit card than with cash because all I do is wave my card over the terminal like I'm a Jedi and the payment is done.

Those RFID things are great.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    whomp understands me

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    The only reason I started carrying cash on me is because Lothian Buses didn't take cards.

(bus pass...)

Oh my god, this is more annoying than the whole moral imperative of cash transactions thing.

It is a card that lets me use transit.

(note: this post is full of joke anger)

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    @surrealitycheck wat should I get for lunch

jerk chicken burger with cheese

seasoned friez

coke so large it is 3x the legit size in ny
    Stop stealing my Bodeans order.

6pm never 4get.

i invented that order u copied fak u gerby
    I ordered 1irst. u copied me.

'sides yours still has salad. IMPOSTOR.

Antinumeric on
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    Folks are disappointed by Blizzard's announcement but I'm kind of excited. Not many people play Planeswalkers and I want to play CCGs with folks! F2P will make folks more likely to try it and play with me!

• Options
    but I mean pretty much every GTA has some horseshit, stupidly hard mission somewhere

Vice City had a ton. That timed one where you smash windows in the mall, for instance

i remember VC had that dumbass mission where you have to fly a remote control helecopter through a multi-story carpark and drop bombs on objects you couldnt see if it was more than two feet off the ground

fuck that mission

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Giving a homeless person a vegetarian hummus sandwich is incredibly rude. You make them think you're going to feed them and then that's what they get? So cruel.

:bz

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    San Andreas was the best GTA. Vice City is pretty and has a great soundtrack but when you go back and play it it turns out it is teeny-tiny and Miami is not the most geographically interesting place to get into car chases in (you hit the edge of the island after like 60 seconds of flat-out driving in any direction), the story is weirdly disjointed (a dude I know who used to be a graphic designer at Rockstar said VC was hella rushed and looking at the pacing I tend to agree), and the gun combat is an exercise in hair-tearing frustration.

SA fixed all of that and had a fantastic virtual world to drive around in with a huge amount of variety, from the hood to desert buttes to alpine forests, and a story that was basic but worked and held together (some dumb stuff like the CIA dude missions aside).

i got to the one mission in SA where you have to blow up a car with a model airplane? and gave up

That mission made no sense.

"My competitor is killing me with his delivery service. We need to destroy his vans."
    "Ok, I have grenades, guns, and a rocket launcher. I'll be back in five minutes."
    "NO! We have to do it in the most impractical and needlessly convoluted way imaginable."

later...
    "Ok, the vans have all been destroyed and the plane is intact on the sidewalk in front of the building where we are. All we need to do is walk downstairs and pick it up."
    "NOOOOOO! This operation is a complete failure!"

I'm pretty sure that mission was impossible on the ps2. I never had enough fuel to make it to two carts let alone all of them.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I once went to buy a soda at the mall at one of those news stands. I only had like $2 on me, the soda was $2.50... alright, I go to pay with my card, "Sorry it's a $5 minimum."

"Got anything behind there to make it $5, can I just go grab another soda?"
    "You're holding up my line."

So I went to the subway right next to him and stared him right in the eyes as I got a 85 cent soda and paid with a card.

Basically, fuck people who sell stuff.
    So... you didn't check to make sure you had enough money to buy what you wanted, and you didn't grab some extra stuff before you got in line to hit the $5 minimum, but that's his fault?

To be fair, that clerk sounded like a dick.
    If I were in line behind Bowen, I would have been pissed.

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

Why? Are you pissed at people in front of you when they mistype their PIN and apologize while having to do it a second time?
    Likely one of those people who assumes cash is faster. Up here you're lucky if the cashier can figure out how to count change quicker than I can hit "credit" on the keypad.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but no. What I think is faster is telling you to go away rather than waiting around for you to figure out what you need to buy because you weren't paying attention to what you were doing.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Hmm, Dark Souls is on sale on Steam. Should I?

do it

but then download all the awesome patches that make it sw33t as f4k

I'll download aaaallll the patches!

Dark Souls is awesome.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »

(bus pass...)

Oh my god, this is more annoying than the whole moral imperative of cash transactions thing.

It is a card that lets me use transit.

(note: this post is full of joke anger)

(transport...)

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    @surrealitycheck wat should I get for lunch

jerk chicken burger with cheese

seasoned friez

coke so large it is 3x the legit size in ny
    Stop stealing my Bodeans order.

6pm never 4get.

i invented that order u copied fak u gerby
    I ordered 1irst. u copied me.

'sides your still has salad. IMPOSTOR.

no

i ordered that be4 u because i was in bodens b4 u

i has been in bodeans........ 3eva

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I once went to buy a soda at the mall at one of those news stands. I only had like $2 on me, the soda was $2.50... alright, I go to pay with my card, "Sorry it's a $5 minimum."

So I went to the subway right next to him and stared him right in the eyes as I got a 85 cent soda and paid with a card.

So... you didn't check to make sure you had enough money to buy what you wanted, and you didn't grab some extra stuff before you got in line to hit the $5 minimum, but that's his fault?

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

Why? Are you pissed at people in front of you when they mistype their PIN and apologize while having to do it a second time?
    Likely one of those people who assumes cash is faster. Up here you're lucky if the cashier can figure out how to count change quicker than I can hit "credit" on the keypad.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but no. What I think is faster is telling you to go away rather than waiting around for you to figure out what you need to buy because you weren't paying attention to what you were doing.

Why is it important to your quality of life that everyone around you is maximally efficient and doesn't inconvenience you whatsoever.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i love hey ash

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    grah

so tired today

and it's showing in everything i do

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

Why is it important to your quality of life that everyone around you is maximally efficient and doesn't inconvenience you whatsoever.

I'm more concerned about how I was supposed to see the future.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Also, no hulu. I already have adblock turned off on your site so you can load ads. If you can't do it beyond that it's on you.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I think I want this:

pic1558655_lg.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    A lot of those stores that have $5 minimums only put a tiny little sign right on the cash register. It has happened to me many, many times. I am not a mind reader, nor do I go look at the register before I pick up the shit I want.

• Options

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

People are often annoyed when activities that are uninteresting but necessary are made more time consuming than they need to be.

• Options
    japan wrote: »

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

People are often annoyed when activities that are uninteresting but necessary are made more time consuming than they need to be.

But the extra time involved is so tiny.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    DJ [chat] is more interesting than merchant transaction [chat]

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

I'm more concerned about how I was supposed to see the future.
    I wasn't aware that knowing whether or not you have enough cash on you to pay for something requires precognition.

Thanatos on
  • Options

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

If the five dollar minimum isn't posted, in what sense is Bowen not paying enough attention?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    isms all up in

I friendzoned a girl and now she wont talk to me because she thought I wanted the V and I didn't, I thought we were just friends :(

• Options
    japan wrote: »

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

But the extra time involved is so tiny.

I meant just in general.

When extra time crosses the threshold into inconvenience is kind of subjective.

Plus the whole thing of many people causing small delays adding up overall.

This discussion has been closed.