Options

Fire Emblem: Thread is done.

• Options
    QuickSmasherEXEQuickSmasherEXE A mad genius, Where you cannot see meRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Alright, here are some changes, but first I should mention that these are main character classes (Oops...)

Average Level 10 stats of a Mercenary-
    HP- 28
    Strength- 12
    Magic- 2
    Defense- 8
    Resistance- 9
    Speed- 4
    Skill- 14
    Luck- 4-5

Hm... well, the avoid will be horrid, but otherwise it is pretty strong. I do have some balancing features in the game, which hopefully balance it, especially Dual Advantage (with a Weapon Triangle Advantage, you get precisely 1 extra attack in battle, even if your using a brave weapon)-
    There are a lot of magic weapons instead of just one per type (lances have 3 or so). Enemies which I made competant (because I do enjoy a good challenge) means that your lack of avoid is a liability, and a diverse arsenal of enemie soldiers from the 4th or so chapter onwards means that you only double 20% of the enemies army until promotion. Of course, I put in reaver weapons, which I may have to remove or weaken for balance (what do you think)? Disarm unequips the enemy's weapon, so you can steal it (because that can be fun, and I would put it back in as a thief skill), but they re-equip it to attack the next turn.

Axe Knights (the Axe Knight unit would be royal, which is why he has Royal Weapon)-
    I think I will reduce the royal weapon bonus to 5 for unpremoted units but keep it 10 if the unit is promoted. That should offer some balance. Compared to Knights/Generals, they have more strength, magic, and defense but are slower and have a tad less skill, as well as 3 movement (4 upon promotion) to 4 movement (5 or 6 upon promotion). I still can't think of a second tier 1 skill though

QuickSmasherEXE on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    She-Morgan is the best everything in the world. Her supports are all amazing.

Also, the whole "Cordelia is flat" thing is hilarious. Man, the whole second gen is the best thing.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    She-Morgan is the best everything in the world. Her supports are all amazing.

Also, the whole "Cordelia is flat" thing is hilarious. Man, the whole second gen is the best thing.
    I find it both awesome and sad that Severa manages to finally trump her mother in one thing by realizing she has a larger bust than Cordy during the Hot Springs Scramble map. Cordy still has the edge in overall cuteness, though, and her personality just adds to it.

I lucked into something bringing Tiki to the Harvest Scramble - her supports with Anna, Nowi and Nah were all very touching. Awakening really has the best script and dialogues out of the entire series.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    All writing in this game is surprisingly good. I get the feeling that the translator-writers are people who actually lived a life and have had relationships with other human beings. Unlike 99% of game writers.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    That's http://8-4.jp/blog/?lang=en if you're curious.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I just recruited Owain for the first time.

I knew what was coming, yet somehow I was not prepared.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I can't use henry

if you can't double you can't be on my team

• Options
    QuickSmasherEXEQuickSmasherEXE A mad genius, Where you cannot see meRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I can't use henry

Either of his reclasses fix that, provided you have a second seal on hand

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I can't use henry

And this... is why you fail.

Finished the second Future's Past map today.

Henry and Owain's chat confirmed Henry as the best. (As if there was any doubt.)

"I'm your father, so I'm allowed to be a hypocrite."

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I can't use henry

Donnel, Rebecca, Dart, Henry

You're building a Hell of a list

Anyone else you want to add while you're at it

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    yeah. ross is awful. seriously just terrible, 3 base speed and 30% growth? that's gilliam level speed.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Henry has been pretty shit in my game, I maxed his dark mage levels and made him a dark knight but he gets pretty shitty level ups.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    tharja is better than him in every way except skill and... wooptie do? secret books are the most common and least desired stat ups. she also doesn't come with 8 base speed at level 12. it's like ricken all over again ricken I can't use you when you have 5 speed ugh ugh ugh

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Help me pick out the five skills to put on my General Avatar (+Str/-Mag). I'm figuring that Limit Breaker and Res+10 are essentially mandatory, and he's already got Ignis so I don't think he really needs Luna or another combat trick. It would be nice to give him Counter to pass down to Morgan, but I don't see it as being especially helpful on his endgame moveset. Maybe Aegis and Pavise for the last two?

• Options
    armsthrift
    sol
    pavise
    aegis
    limitbreaker

with gradivus/helswrath

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It never hurts to have both Aegis and Pavise for a tank, especially since Generals in this game get good skill levels

Counter's fun, but if you're using him as a tank then you don't want them to be doing enough damage to you for that to make a difference anyway. By all means pass it down to Morgan because it can help her kill some bosses, but don't worry about keeping it at the end.

Have you considered Aggressor? An extra 10 damage per hit on your turn is really nice, especially added onto a Brave weapon

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    It never hurts to have both Aegis and Pavise for a tank, especially since Generals in this game get good skill levels

Counter's fun, but if you're using him as a tank then you don't want them to be doing enough damage to you for that to make a difference anyway. By all means pass it down to Morgan because it can help her kill some bosses, but don't worry about keeping it at the end.

Have you considered Aggressor? An extra 10 damage per hit on your turn is really nice, especially added onto a Brave weapon

Agreed on Aggressor. It's also one of the skills that's still useful on a backup unit, keeping the boost.

Also, Ignis might be good. Extra 25 damage or so is nice on the leader.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I like the idea of Sol more when I put him on Spotpass (because really, I relish the idea of anyone trying to kill this guy with Sol/Aegis/Pavise) but Aggressor and Ignis will probably get the nod for the maps with enemies packing Pavise+ and its ilk.

• Options
    -mag general will only have 28 magic and 38 with LB. tanks are all about the enemy phase, especially if he is building MU for TSON. that's why you go with sol+armsthrift so you can use the 1-2 range regalia weapons and tank everything down with sol. forged tomahawks and spears can get the job done but given what you get from switching from them to helswrath the skill slot is pretty easily justified.

• Options
    Right, right. Luna instead of ignis on a general.

Sol isn't worth taking on TSON, from what I hear. Not enough recovery for what you need.

• Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    Is there a way to dismiss Avatars recruited through StreetPass? Accidentally recruited someone by mashing A a little too quickly, and I can't seem to find the option anywhere (if there is one.)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AvistTorchAvistTorch Registered User regular
    Ayulin wrote: »
    Is there a way to dismiss Avatars recruited through StreetPass? Accidentally recruited someone by mashing A a little too quickly, and I can't seem to find the option anywhere (if there is one.)
    Only way I know of is to kill them off.

• Options
    gradivus has an elixer effect on use to give you some extra healing

• Options
    AvistTorch wrote: »

You can also fire them by hiring up to the limit and one more.

Then you just swap them out, pop the replacement in.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah. ross is awful. seriously just terrible, 3 base speed and 30% growth? that's gilliam level speed.

Obviously you do not know the miracle of Berserker. as a berserker, Ross is pretty much an unchallenged axe user.

Speed? Use Garm. Range? Hand Axe. Bases? Why do you think he get's TWO rounds of promotion bonuses?

QuickSmasherEXE on
  • Options
    MelokuMeloku Ask me about my Illusions Registered User regular

If you don't want them taking up space in your logbook, jump in there and dismiss them from that; for the team, if you recruit enough people you can choose to release them (max 15 otherworld characters at any given time).

• Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    Meloku wrote: »

If you don't want them taking up space in your logbook, jump in there and dismiss them from that; for the team, if you recruit enough people you can choose to release them (max 15 otherworld characters at any given time).

Hm, it's the latter I want to get them out of, though I also don't want to recruit any others. Ah well - it's not an actual issue, just a really minor annoyance.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Meloku wrote: »

Hm, it's the latter I want to get them out of, though I also don't want to recruit any others. Ah well - it's not an actual issue, just a really minor annoyance.

You could recuit the spotpass characters

• Options
    Alright, here are some changes, but first I should mention that these are main character classes (Oops...)

HP- 28
    Strength- 12
    Magic- 2
    Defense- 8
    Resistance- 9
    Speed- 4
    Skill- 14
    Luck- 4-5

Hm... well, the avoid will be horrid, but otherwise it is pretty strong. I do have some balancing features in the game, which hopefully balance it, especially Dual Advantage (with a Weapon Triangle Advantage, you get precisely 1 extra attack in battle, even if your using a brave weapon)-
    There are a lot of magic weapons instead of just one per type (lances have 3 or so). Enemies which I made competant (because I do enjoy a good challenge) means that your lack of avoid is a liability, and a diverse arsenal of enemie soldiers from the 4th or so chapter onwards means that you only double 20% of the enemies army until promotion. Of course, I put in reaver weapons, which I may have to remove or weaken for balance (what do you think)? Disarm unequips the enemy's weapon, so you can steal it (because that can be fun, and I would put it back in as a thief skill), but they re-equip it to attack the next turn.

Axe Knights (the Axe Knight unit would be royal, which is why he has Royal Weapon)-
    I think I will reduce the royal weapon bonus to 5 for unpremoted units but keep it 10 if the unit is promoted. That should offer some balance. Compared to Knights/Generals, they have more strength, magic, and defense but are slower and have a tad less skill, as well as 3 movement (4 upon promotion) to 4 movement (5 or 6 upon promotion). I still can't think of a second tier 1 skill though

Comments?

• Options

Obviously you do not know the miracle of Berserker. as a berserker, Ross is pretty much an unchallenged axe user.

Speed? Use Garm. Range? Hand Axe. Bases? Why do you think he get's TWO rounds of promotion bonuses?

nah his name is dussel. ross is slow and bad, the extra 10 levels don't matter when seth finished the map before ross got 2 attacks in since he's got 3 speed and 4 move. aka gilliam only with no defense. dussel with garm is pretty much invincible. well he's invincible without garm too.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Thought some of you might like this drawing of Lucina made by a friend for my birthday card.
    NiN0hAa.jpg

I'm at what I believe to be the final boss battle, evident enough by the
    giant dragon icon on the map

which in turn opened up a handful of new Paralogues.

So I was wondering which I should tackle first, the final boss or the Paralogues? Is the latter meant to be post-game content (as in, they're really hard)? The game doesn't save anything after you beat the last boss does it? So I could just save these maps for after.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Correct, the game doesn't save after you beat the final chapter. I'd say beat the boss first.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options

nah his name is dussel. ross is slow and bad, the extra 10 levels don't matter when seth finished the map before ross got 2 attacks in since he's got 3 speed and 4 move. aka gilliam only with no defense. dussel with garm is pretty much invincible. well he's invincible without garm too.

Duessel? Seriously? I mean, he's not crap, but nothing in Fire Emblem since Sacred Stones (I would say 7 if not for Renault) has been crap. Provided his weapon ranks are great, but, isn't that a thing with pre-promotes? I mean, any of your 5 other potential great knights with generally be better, and while he has a chance of S-ranking axes... I don't see what else there is to him. His only good base is defense, and his growths aren't generally very impressive, especially given his level.

And anyone who uses Seth before chapter 10-11 or so AT LEAST... needs pity. I know, I meet a disturbing number of these people.

The point? Ross is the better axemen than Duessel, and no other character can pheasibly S-rank axes aside from Garcia, so Ross wins. Big time

• Options
    edited May 2013
    seth is the best character in sacred stones so you can use him right from the prologue

in fact you can use seth and only seth for the entire game

in hard mode

dussel is almost as good as seth. lots of prepromotes are not only better than their unpromoted counterparts but also some of the best characters in the games they appear in. growths are not everything, base stats are often far more important(see: pent vs nino)

not that ross has good growths anyway. 50% str and 30% speed? try lute's 65% str and 45% speed if you want good growths.

Jars on
  • Options
    Well, at least we can agree Lute is the best character in the game

(But Duessel still has bases which are average at best. Seth has decent bases and good growths, Duessel does not have either)

• Options
    duessel has better growths than ross. in fact ross doesn't have a single growth % that is higher than duessel, not even luck. his stats for sacred stones let him steam roll that particular game, the one he's in. he wouldn't be particularly good in others.

• Options
    Reasons Ross > Duessel
    Ross has average bases and 49 levels, 2 sets of promotion bonuses and levels very quickly
    Duessl has below average bases, no promotion bonuses and levels like molasses

Ross is the only Berserker besides Dozla (who sucks)
    Duessel has competition for Great Knight by the superior Amelia, Gilliam, Franz, Kyle and Forde

Ross has plenty of time to build supports with units he will keep up with
    Duessel does not have either of those qualities

Provided, I like Duessels character, but Ross simply is the better unit when trained, while Duessel can never keep up with the competition

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Lunatic Chapter 18 has me stuck at the moment.
    I beat Chapter 16 by rushing the boss before the reinforcements overtook me, taking out only a token few. I beat chapter 17 by darting in and killing as many forces in the fortress before kiting them around the fortress picking them apart to the tune of Benny Hill. Space, mobility and discretion has become the spear of my motley crew.

Now I'm stuck in a volcano with the finest of the southern Valm. It's completely packed with Gryphon Knights and many other high mobility hard hitters. Can't really pick them apart at my own pace within a conflagration. Each platform harbors 4-5 enemies in striking distance of the next; swift attacks are met with brutal retribution from a nearby platform. I reclassed Tharja into a Dark Knight because her daughters were likely going to be Sorceresses so I figured I'd get them some skill diversity. So no easy Nosferatu cheese and the variety of weapons and magic is making my Great Knights fall even when paired together. There's no cover or terrain for Lucky Seven tricksters to avoidance tank enemies; not to mention the accuracy of enemies seems to increase with every felled foe.

It's rough. I keep trying to limit my grinding to a reasonable pace as to not trivialize the content. I actually bought the Golden Gaffe Pack today though. It had never interested me before but I wanted something different to level off of as Champions of Yore can get quite old and on Lunatic most other DLC seems to be late-to-post game material. The pack is quite excellent, sprinkled with character dialogue and whatnot. I like it but I can't help but feel the ease cheapens the game for me slightly? It's silly I suppose.

I think I will have to bring Henry and his wife Cherche up to a reasonable level and see if they can't tank up some enemies. What a disappointing pairing they've been. Henry without a speedy partner is abysmally slow; the durability increase seems too little. Fairly lackluster support conversations from the goldmine that Henry is usually too.

Technically this is also a "Defeat Commander" mission. The density of enemies has me wondering how I'd ever get to Yen'fay without killing 90% of his men though. To make matters worse, this is also one of my favorite chapters. I always pit Say'ri against Yen'fay. Their battle speech is one of my favorites in the game. Doesn't hurt that the sibling blades cross in a volcano.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

HP- 28
    Strength- 12
    Magic- 2
    Defense- 8
    Resistance- 9
    Speed- 4
    Skill- 14
    Luck- 4-5

Comments?

Kind of hard to say one way or another about the stats without seeing the starting numbers and caps. Either way, this character class will get shredded later on without a speed bump. Knights can handle the low speed (thus suffering x2 attacks) because they have high defense. This class will be a glass cannon, not unlike Dorcus and Barte from FE7.

Personally, I don't know what direction this class is trying to go in. I'm assuming something middle of the road, but the numbers indicate otherwise. Shed some light on the situation.

Also, is this class assuming the FE:A engine? You mention things like Reaver weapons and WTA stuff. Is this a fan-made variation of FE? If so, I'd need to know about a lot more of the engine in order to rate/place this class in any sort of hierarchy. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    when trained

it's easier to not train those characters and use duessel. duessel has more than enough power to dominate the game from when he joins onward. ross takes chapter after chapter of babying and contributing nothing to be a decent character. he's never a good character because of his speed issues. a 10/20/1 berserker ross averages... 13 speed. his stats are barely better than garcia, why not use garcia instead?

even if you take out the fact that in order to beat SS on hard all you have to do is roll the game with seth+duessel/saleh(deploy only ephraim, seth and duessel on phantom ship. be amazed at how easy the 'most difficult' chapter is) and you compare him to a good character like say gerik a hero gerik at 20/1 has 18 speed, and he can use steel axes with no speed loss. oh and he's more durable too with higher hp and defense stats, and swords. you can repeat this over and over with ephraim, cormag, lute, saleh, joshua etc. none of them take any babying, they join ready to go and have great stats. not even lute since her avoid is pretty good and she hits the much lower resist stat.