Options

Pork [Chat]

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    CCP's way of developing things is releasing something okay and then adding to it until it's better and then worse and then okay and then WORSE and then whatever fuck this I'm either addicted or I'm gonna escape and live a good long life.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Big news happening in Texas. Meanwhile, on CNN:

BNqc8vuCMAAXDRc.jpg

to be fair, it really doesn't matter. override can testify as to the utter irrelevance of trying to intimidate representatives already in office with a studiously non-violent mob. The only interesting decisionmaker here is the Federal Supreme Court, really.

every day this law is delayed is a day that a woman in Texas who needs an abortion has one less hurdle to jump.

Considering Texas is #3 for teen pregnancies and #1 for repeat teen pregnancies, it's probably even more than just a woman this matters to.

yeah, those people are included

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    NO GUY ON FEED, DON'T VOTE GREEN PARTY

• Options
    UHOBNRl.png

This isn't going to bottom of the page.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also on Snowden, Iceland is saying that they're not really his best bet for asylum, since he should not expect any special treatment, and that he'd have to go to the back of the line like everybody else.

Iceland is icebest.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    You guys

Dip a hotdog bun in chocolate sauce

It's amazing

#InsightfulCommentary

#ThisIsWhyIStoppedPosting
    Have you tried milk mixed with honey

It is delicious

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    NO GUY ON FEED, DON'T VOTE GREEN PARTY

Splitting the Democrat vote! That'll show em!

• Options
    Also fuck this Two Party Earth.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Aha!

It was onions, vinegar, and honey

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    My plan back in the day was to make a dedicated mining account in EvE, and use it to pay for its own monthly game time and just send the excess straight to my mercenary in Dust 514.

But then Dust 514 turned out to be really bad.

That is a bad plan for a whole host of reasons.

Also, give dust time.

CCP develop games on very different timescale to other developers.

Eh, by the time they have it anywhere near something fun Destiny, The Division and Titanfall will all be out. And even with huge improvement Dust 514 won't be able to touch any of those.

And when those games are dead and gone Dust will still be there with bigger player population than ever.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    You guys

Dip a hotdog bun in chocolate sauce

It's amazing

#InsightfulCommentary

#ThisIsWhyIStoppedPosting

Help me figure out how to recreate these amazing pickled onions my teacher gave me today!

step 1) purchase onion

step 2) place in pickling brine

step 3) eat it later

Nope.

pickles is pickles

in japan they probably use more asian ingredients, but the premises are the same

it's probably just a rice vinegar or mirin based brine with chinese mustard seed, yuzu or kabusu, katsuobushi, and some other stuff

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    God, Texas fucking sucks.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

fwiw, not all of Texas, apparently. A good number of people there tonight didn't suck.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    For New York's political dysfunction, I blame the Independent Democrat Caucus and related. Fuck those guys.

For Virginia's political dysfunction, I blame anyone in this state who has ever vote for a Republican for anything. Fuck those guys, too.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the threat of a low-level democratic body being hijacked by an organized concentrated interest because its local opposition is too diffuse is an omnipresent one

the only real permanent cure is to dissolve the body and revert its powers to a sufficiently senior level of representation, such that elected representatives are actually representative, due to a diffusion of interest imposed by sheer size

all American states are arguably too small, even California and Texas, since both tend to be dominated by one of their national parties each. But "dissolve Texas" is hardly going to be on the average American's political horizon.

The problem is that sufficient popular support in elections is unduly difficult by design of those in power.

I'm sorry, if you're expecting even well-run democracies to continually probe for opposition, you're going to be permanently disappointed

(for the sake of consistency, I should point out that I have argued before on [chat] that deliberately hampering populism under the weight of bureaucratic institutions is a big part of stabilizing a liberal welfare state. You want the kind of people who can mobilize "popular support" at local levels to stay far, far away from the reins of power. Only distant bureaucrats poll; all votes are driven by enthusiasm, and all local enthusiasm is driven by concentrated interest.)

I would posit there's a difference between probing for opposition and rigging the system to ensure a lack of opposition.

nope

there is no body here that can deliver an uncontested opinion on just how much give an incumbent majority is obliged to let the loyal opposition have

noting that your country has vigorous notions on what constitute legitimate kinds of electoral districts to begin with, and won't readily tolerate, e.g., non-geographical seats. I have no clue why you think this stuff has some simple uncontested point of fairness.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    UHOBNRl.png

It probably depends on the texas constitution, of which I know nothing, but objections to the constitutionality of a bill because of how it was passed can be really difficult. It's typically considered to be the legislative branch's lookout to keep their own house in order, especially in terms of the rules of order. Not something the judiciary necessarily wants to tangle with.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    My plan back in the day was to make a dedicated mining account in EvE, and use it to pay for its own monthly game time and just send the excess straight to my mercenary in Dust 514.

Also, give dust time.

Eh, by the time they have it anywhere near something fun Destiny, The Division and Titanfall will all be out. And even with huge improvement Dust 514 won't be able to touch any of those.

And when those games are dead and gone Dust will still be there with bigger player population than ever.

Destiny is going to be around for a decade so, that is a long ways out.

• Options

a lot of Texans don't!

• Options

BNqc8vuCMAAXDRc.jpg

to be fair, it really doesn't matter. override can testify as to the utter irrelevance of trying to intimidate representatives already in office with a studiously non-violent mob. The only interesting decisionmaker here is the Federal Supreme Court, really.

every day this law is delayed is a day that a woman in Texas who needs an abortion has one less hurdle to jump.

welcome to a country of three hundred million people

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    CCP's way of developing things is releasing something okay and then adding to it until it's better and then worse and then okay and then WORSE and then whatever fuck this I'm either addicted or I'm gonna escape and live a good long life.

It's release something unique, develop a stable core player population, continue development at the rate that population can fund, lol 10 years later game is still running and more successful than ever.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    UHOBNRl.png

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=831&Bill=SB5

Holy fucking shit.

They just edited it to be 6/25

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

BNqc8vuCMAAXDRc.jpg

Considering Texas is #3 for teen pregnancies and #1 for repeat teen pregnancies, it's probably even more than just a woman this matters to.

I'm not even sure what this means, but the fact that I read it as something pretty fucking virulent means I need to leave [chat].

• Options
  • Options

BNqc8vuCMAAXDRc.jpg

thank your for your heartening and productive comment, ronya. I'm fucking cynical enough as it is. I don't care if it's a blip on the historical timeline, tonight was rad.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Well, today is ze day. Off to work then to affirm a new allegiance. Of sorts

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    If I had the money to spar, I'd totally send some money to the elected officials fighting this kind of bullshit.

• Options

It's release something unique, develop a stable core player population, continue development at the rate that population can fund, lol 10 years later game is still running and more successful than ever.

This is true for EVE, 100%.

Sadly this is not true for Dust 514, that turned out to be very generic. I mean, yes, it has a persistent world but so does Destiny and The Division so its not that special on that front.

• Options

Also, give dust time.

You are mightily optimistic.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    UHOBNRl.png

Holy fucking shit.

do they not understand how the internet works?

• Options
    the threat of a low-level democratic body being hijacked by an organized concentrated interest because its local opposition is too diffuse is an omnipresent one

the only real permanent cure is to dissolve the body and revert its powers to a sufficiently senior level of representation, such that elected representatives are actually representative, due to a diffusion of interest imposed by sheer size

all American states are arguably too small, even California and Texas, since both tend to be dominated by one of their national parties each. But "dissolve Texas" is hardly going to be on the average American's political horizon.

The problem is that sufficient popular support in elections is unduly difficult by design of those in power.

I'm sorry, if you're expecting even well-run democracies to continually probe for opposition, you're going to be permanently disappointed

(for the sake of consistency, I should point out that I have argued before on [chat] that deliberately hampering populism under the weight of bureaucratic institutions is a big part of stabilizing a liberal welfare state. You want the kind of people who can mobilize "popular support" at local levels to stay far, far away from the reins of power. Only distant bureaucrats poll; all votes are driven by enthusiasm, and all local enthusiasm is driven by concentrated interest.)

I would posit there's a difference between probing for opposition and rigging the system to ensure a lack of opposition.

nope

there is no body here that can deliver an uncontested opinion on just how much give an incumbent majority is obliged to let the loyal opposition have

noting that your country has vigorous notions on what constitute legitimate kinds of electoral districts to begin with, and won't readily tolerate, e.g., non-geographical seats. I have no clue why you think this stuff has some simple uncontested point of fairness.

I don't think you have a firm grasp on how districting works in practice in the US maybe?

Gerrymandering isn't just some dream someone came up with to explain why Republicans continue to control legislatures with less than a majority of votes.

• Options
    UHOBNRl.png

Holy fucking shit.

do they not understand how the internet works?

They don't understand how clocks work.

• Options

BNqc8vuCMAAXDRc.jpg

thank your for your heartening and productive comment, ronya. I'm fucking cynical enough as it is. I don't care if it's a blip on the historical timeline, tonight was rad.

it was, especially if Tx. Sen. Wendy Davis uses it to fuel momentum. That would actually go somewhere.

Insofar as a filibuster is understood to be a political stunt, then expectations exceeded. Well done! But this framing of it as a breach of fundamental legitimacy etc. etc. is alarming

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

Also, give dust time.

You are mightily optimistic.

You are as optimistic about Dust as he is about Destiny.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    this texas stuff is just nuts

to offer lighter fare, getting a few mason jars and picking your own veggies (and certain fruits!) is a super cheap way to make your own cheap, delicious snacks

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

a lot of Texans don't!

They tried, and I sympathize, but jesus christ, the majority passed that horrendous bill.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    this year is our election

it could be the first time in 12 years we have a newcomer party in the Storting

also it could be the first time ever that we'll get a cabinet from a coalition including the worst motherfuckers that are still among the housebroken parties.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

a lot of Texans don't!

They tried, and I sympathize, but jesus christ, the majority passed that horrendous bill.

they dont' actually represent the majority view of Texans, as it turns out.

• Options
    Podly wrote: »
    this texas stuff is just nuts

to offer lighter fare, getting a few mason jars and picking your own veggies (and certain fruits!) is a super cheap way to make your own cheap, delicious snacks

Do you have some sort of guide to pickling I could use?

• Options

This is true for EVE, 100%.

Sadly this is not true for Dust 514, that turned out to be very generic. I mean, yes, it has a persistent world but so does Destiny and The Division so its not that special on that front.

You played it what, in beta? Even now they're only just scratching the surface of the stuff they're going to add.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.