• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    please do not spread the leak of the design documents i wrote

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I'm catching up on ActualPerson tweets now and this one hit me pretty good

HINT: IF THE NIGHT IS DARK ENOUGH, YOU CAN STILL ORDER FOOD WHERE THE OLD IN-N-OUT BURGER BURNED DOWN.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    oh my god

A PICKUP ARTIST REALIZING TOO LATE THAT A GIRL GAVE HIM A CURSED NUMBER. COLD FINGERS GRIP HIS SHOULDER. BITTER NEGS FILL HIS EARS.

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    I really love ActualPerson.

"THE MAJORITY OF INSTAGRAM POSTS BEARING KFC'S #IATETHEBONES HASHTAG FEATURE DIRT TUNNELS LITTERED WITH SHREDDED CLOTHING."

• Options
    MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    So I decided to start watching Grave Encounters at 1 in the morning. 25 minutes in and pretty great so far. But I'm all alone getting scaaaaaaaared.

I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    THE ONE WHERE JERRY CANNOT REMEMBER A NON-EXISTENT WOMAN, CRAWLS INTO THE IMPOSSIBLE DEPTHS OF HIS REFRIGERATOR, AND DOES NOT APPEAR AGAIN.

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    THE ONE WHERE JERRY CANNOT REMEMBER A NON-EXISTENT WOMAN, CRAWLS INTO THE IMPOSSIBLE DEPTHS OF HIS REFRIGERATOR, AND DOES NOT APPEAR AGAIN.

The Seinfeld Friends crossover was some freaky shit.

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    A good scary time fun time laugh time 1 2 is 'Drag Me To Hell' and 'Cabin In The Woods'

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Drag Me To Hell is so fucking good

it expertly treads the line of being over-the-top hilarious and genuinely unsettling

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

it expertly treads the line of being over-the-top hilarious and genuinely unsettling

Yeah, it was a great experience in the theater.

Although the
    ending was a real downer in hindsight.

Poor girl didn't deserve that. :(

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Yeah, it was a great experience in the theater.

Although the
    ending was a real downer in hindsight.

Poor girl didn't deserve that. :(

Horror Movies!

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    I was really hoping for a sequel where
    the boyfriend goes to hell to save the girl

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    We don't have a "Holy shit that is terrifying!" thread so here will have to do.

http://youtu.be/U6ks2u2uNMA

Sunny South Africa

Everything Is Fine Here.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Actual person is the best twitter account

#nightofthefreeipad

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Falx wrote: »
    We don't have a "Holy shit that is terrifying!" thread so here will have to do.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/180165/things-that-are-real-and-scary-and-will-fuck-you-right-up/p1

Calica on
  • Options
    Anyone seen Gyo? I never read the manga, but I've heard a lot of praise for it despite the silly looking robo-fish. I also hear the anime adaption is also faithful to the book, so I'm looking to check that out soon.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I was briefly interested in it until I saw a later issue where there were a lot of scary looking humanrobohybrid thingies with pipes coming out of their mouths and butts. Yeah. Not interested.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Gyo is fucking unsettling as all get out

Would not read again, but I am a babbit with horror stuff

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I have read the first volume of Uzumaki (Spiral). Damn creepy, and I appreciate it for not resorting to gross-out/gore imagery like most horror manga. Just good old fashioned ghosts and spooky faces.

Pretty much anything by the author (Junji Ito) would be a safe bet.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    u0HRLFy.jpg

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    holy shit

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    That is messed up there. A little funny in a way, but I wonder about a mind that could come up with that. What type of nightmares does this person have? They must be both terrifying and interesting.

• Options
    MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    Well Fuck. That is some creepy are right there. Love it love it love it.

Oh man, remember the old old old spooky thread (I think maybe... four threads back) when Black Eyed Kids where a thing? I came across this absolute gem of blog based journalism which seems to be from a parallel universe where Photoshop is not a thing.

Also, is there a legal way I can watch The Poughkeepsie Tapes? Grave Encounters was good, but It's no Blair Waitch, and I am all about found footage films suddenly.

I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Mattitude wrote: »
    Well Fuck. That is some creepy are right there. Love it love it love it.

Oh man, remember the old old old spooky thread (I think maybe... four threads back) when Black Eyed Kids where a thing? I came across this absolute gem of blog based journalism which seems to be from a parallel universe where Photoshop is not a thing.

Also, is there a legal way I can watch The Poughkeepsie Tapes? Grave Encounters was good, but It's no Blair Waitch, and I am all about found footage films suddenly.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes is on youtube in its entirety, isn't it?

• Options
    Black Eyed Kids
    competing with Shadow People for the title of Vaguest Paranormal Thing Which Isn't Really A Thing

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Black Eyed Kids
    competing with Shadow People for the title of Vaguest Paranormal Thing Which Isn't Really A Thing

grays

• Options
    Grays at least have a history and they have the pedigree of being THE alien archetype

Black eyed kids and shadow people are a recent thing that only really took off with the advent of the internet and the ability to tell bullshit stories and have an echo chamber of people to buy it

• Options
    i dunno, shadow people probably have a historical precedent to some degree. i get what you're sayin though.

• Options
    Or at least that's what the Syndicate told me to say

• Options
    NOOOOOOOOO!

• Options
    about twenty minutes into the poughkeepsie tapes

jesus

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    whenever i watch a youtube video that might be scary, i turn the sound down and scroll through it to figure out where the scary stuff is so I won't be surprised first.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSBVo59j9U

I always found this unsettling

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Rabbits is the sort of video you'd get vague descriptions of on SCP.

broken image link
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Rabbits is great.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Just reading ABOUT Rabbits gives me the heebies and/or the jeebies.

Good conceptual work.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I've mentioned it before but Nickelodeon used to show an animated short that freaked me the fuck out every time.

It's a guy sitting at a table getting ready to crack open an egg (soft boiled?). He hits it with his spoon and a voice pipes up from inside the egg. The guy is surprised and hits the egg again. This time when the voice inside protests he giddily destroys the egg. After a moment the scene replays itself except the man at the table is now in the role of the voice inside the egg.

The short ends with his world being crumpled up and destroyed and for hours after watching the short I'd just wait for the world to be destroyed. Even to this day I hate killing insects because maybe someday I'll be in that insect's position. (On the back of your neck)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I don't know if I've mentioned it before but Nickelodeon used to show an animated short that freaked me the fuck out every time.

It's a guy sitting at a table getting ready to crack open an egg (soft boiled?). He hits it with his spoon and a voice pipes up from inside the egg. The guy is surprised and hits the egg again. This time when the voice inside protests he giddily destroys the egg. After a moment the scene replays itself except the man at the table is now in the role of the voice inside the egg.

The short ends with his world being crumpled up and destroyed and for hours after watching the short I'd just wait for the world to be destroyed. Even to this day I hate killing insects because maybe someday I'll be in that insect's position. (On the back of your neck)

If you're on my neck, you deserve to get squished.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.