Options

[Agents of Shield] Cyber crime just got a whole lot deadlier!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Coulson
    So Cyborg or clone?

The whole "He can never know" quote makes me think its not the original Coulson we are seeing.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Probably not.

I'm hoping robot.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    LMD baby!

Also Parker Lewis was awesome and anyone that says different is a terrible person.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Or maybe Coulson may never know that SHIELD's insurance policy didn't actually cover his trip to Tahiti so they're going to secretly take that out of his pension.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Or maybe Coulson may never know that SHIELD's insurance policy didn't actually cover his trip to Tahiti so they're going to secretly take that out of his pension.

Additionally, he was impacted by the sequester and those were furlough days so he didn't even get paid.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »

Additionally, he was impacted by the sequester and those were furlough days so he didn't even get paid.

What is SHIELD anyway?
    They have Homeland in their name but Avengers kinda had them answer to more then one government with the World Security Council.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

What is SHIELD anyway?
    They have Homeland in their name but Avengers kinda had them answer to more then one government with the World Security Council.

Maybe the homeland

is Earth

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    In the comics they originally answered to (and I think still do) the UN, and the acronym doesn't include "homeland." The words behind the acronym have changed several times, actually. Odds are they changed what the letters stood for in IM1 because they originally intended to make SHIELD a US government organization, which it is in the Ultimate Marvel comics. Evidently Joss Whedon decided a UN facsimile was more interesting, and that's what he wrote for The Avengers.

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

What is SHIELD anyway?

International spy agency that contains extraordinary beings and artifacts from destroying the world.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    quick

name a show that summer glau was on for more than three episodes that got more than two seasons

how does the amount of seasons matter in this equation? NCIS sure got a lot of seasons and has no Summer Glau. how is this better than 2/3rds of a season of Firefly?

apparently Cheers was also the bomb. and Saved By The Bell was just short of Angel and Parker Lewis was worse than SBTB? in what universe does this make sense?

First of all, how dare you imply that Cheers is not a masterpiece of American situational comedy?

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I do hope they go global with the show. Like some kind of folk hero rumor in some small middle eastern/African village is actually a Super that's just keeping his village safe...

Or more Asain/South American stuff.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Yeah I mean Cheers wasn't Breaking Bad or anything, but it was great for a sitcom.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    No. No LMDs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI

They're incredibly cheap and lazy storytelling devices in the comics, they won't be any better in the movie-verse.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    lmd?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Life-Model Decoy.

Replicants, basically.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    lmd?

Life model decoy

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    have we considered that Coulson's resurrection might not be tech related? he does keep referring to Tahiti as a magical place.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    have we considered that Coulson's resurrection might not be tech related? he does keep referring to Tahiti as a magical place.

Tahiti was actually Asgard.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Everyone's assuming a LMD because it's the go-to SHIELD way of faking you out over somebody being dead or not. It's what you'd expect from them, at least if you have knowledge of the comics. It's a known factor. Without more information any other speculation is just shooting in the breeze. Or outright crazy, such as the whole Vision theory.

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    What's with all the NCIS hatred? You people act like its Two and a Half Men or something.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    No. No LMDs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI

They're incredibly cheap and lazy storytelling devices in the comics, they won't be any better in the movie-verse.

I always knew that was a reference to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck

But only now that I compare the two side-by-side do I realize it's also the exact same audio.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    lmd?

Explosive Ordinance Disposal.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    What's with all the NCIS hatred? You people act like its Two and a Half Men or something.

Especially given that almost every review of this I read contained the phrase "superhero adjacent NCIS" or something similar.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

What is SHIELD anyway?

Pretty sure all they have to do is keep up their satellite coverage to get funding.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

What is SHIELD anyway?

Pretty sure all they have to do is keep up their satellite coverage to get funding.

also they can only respond to one out of three alien incursions at a time

singapore and india got destroyed when they went to stop the chitari, but the panic level in new york was too high to ignore that invasion

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I think I'm the only one to mention NCIS and it was to describe the way SHIELD felt.

The only "hate" for it is that it feels formulaic and with low stakes since chances are nothing much will change long term. Which I doubt SHIELD will follow suit beyond the first month or so.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    Everyone's assuming a LMD because it's the go-to SHIELD way of faking you out over somebody being dead or not. It's what you'd expect from them, at least if you have knowledge of the comics. It's a known factor.

Agreed.
    Without more information any other speculation is just shooting in the breeze. Or outright crazy, such as the whole Vision theory.

Yeah, that Vision thing is weird.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Clearly Coulson picked up the power cosmic from Loki and will become Ms Marvel.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Gave this a shot...it was ok-ish. Definitely a Whedon thing though...hopefully it gets better.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I think I'm the only one to mention NCIS and it was to describe the way SHIELD felt.

The only "hate" for it is that it feels formulaic and with low stakes since chances are nothing much will change long term. Which I doubt SHIELD will follow suit beyond the first month or so.

Fair enough. It is formulaic and low stakes, as one would expect from such a venerable program. Back in the day it was willing to shake things up a lot more. Shooting a principle character through the forehead and having ucky bits spray onto another principle as a season 2 cliff hanger finale is something even Whedon doesn't have the stones for.

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular

Fair enough. It is formulaic and low stakes, as one would expect from such a venerable program. Back in the day it was willing to shake things up a lot more. Shooting a principle character through the forehead and having ucky bits spray onto another principle as a season 2 cliff hanger finale is something even Whedon doesn't have the stones for.

Considering Buffy literally sent Angel to Hell as a season 2 finale, your example falls a little short.

• Options
    MetalMagus wrote: »

Considering Buffy literally sent Angel to Hell as a season 2 finale, your example falls a little short.

It was pretty obviously not a permanent death. Whereas shooting someone in the face in a non-magic show kind of is, typically!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

No, that happened in Buffy.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    terminator: sarah connor chronicles killed off a major member of the principle cast in probably the ballsiest fashion I have ever seen on a network program

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I'm still mad about Tara

• Options
    Raspberry JamRaspberry Jam Registered User new member
    I was actually kind of disappointed that more Whedon-ness didn't come through. It sort of felt like there was a bit of it but not enough to really get all the way there, just enough to feel kind of off. The Skye character, especially, seemed to have definite Whedonesque tendencies but I thought she felt kind of fake as opposed to actually witty. But maybe she'll get better? *fingers crossed* Even if she doesn't, though, between Coulson and Lola I think it might still be worth watching

• Options
    edited September 2013
    shryke wrote: »

Promoting the recurring cast member to series regular in precisely the same episode you execute them doesn't count. He rubbed out a secondary character, not a main one. I loved Tara to death, but Benson was not a principle actor.

This is off topic though, we should drop it.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    terminator: sarah connor chronicles killed off a major member of the principle cast in probably the ballsiest fashion I have ever seen on a network program

Given the setting though, I think it was understood that things weren't going to be roses and sunshine. Post-apocalyptia being what it is.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

Given the setting though, I think it was understood that things weren't going to be roses and sunshine. Post-apocalyptia being what it is.

it was a pretty big sucker punch, lemme tell ya

in general that show was full of huge swerves, in a good way

i really liked TSCC and i think i was the only person who did

judging by the ratings

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Promoting the recurring cast member to series regular in precisely the same episode you execute them doesn't count. He rubbed out a secondary character, not a main one. I loved Tara to death, but Benson was not a principle actor.

This is off topic though, we should drop it.

She was close enough. It counted.

Also, Angel did it too. At least twice.

This discussion has been closed.