Options

Extreme Makebrover: SE++ Edition

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    @Vivixenne your hair is black isn't it, how does ombre work on it, what colour will it go?

it is very black; I've never colored it before

and because it's never been colored before, all I need is a lightener, and it will go on the lower third of my locks (but will start creeping in at the halfway mark)

the issue is because I'm Chinese, any color other than black can potentially look odd, so I want to keep the hair bits around my face black, but then everything past my neck can be something a bit different

a red-brown, maybe, like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ovr5sI3ph5w/Tc3767V21PI/AAAAAAAAEoM/v3Mc48owmhk/s1600/march2011after.jpg

Oh wow, thats going to look amazing. Definitelty agree with you about keeping your face framed with your natural colour, it'll be more subtle that way and the transition lovely!

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    I think the "wax" is made from a reduction of sugar and vinegar, which is where it gets its name

well good luck!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    does it hurt any more or less than regular waxing? I've never heard of sugaring!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    does it hurt any more or less than regular waxing? I've never heard of sugaring!

I have heard both, actually. Some people say it is way better and almost painless, and some say it destroyed their capacity to feel anything but pain for the rest of their days

I don't have very sensitive skin, so I am hopeful.

• Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    It is like waxing but different

I've been meaning to look up what sugaring is since I'm trying to figure out how I should go about managing body hair, and now that I finally have

why do people even wax anymore? this method just seems better

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    well from what I'm reading sugaring is actually more irritating to sensitive skins than traditional waxing is

• Options
    I get the impression that waxing is better for some types of skin? I am not sure, but someone recommended me a place for epilation that only does sugaring, so I am giving it a shot

• Options
    well from what I'm reading sugaring is actually more irritating to sensitive skins than traditional waxing is

yeah, the first thing I clicked on neglected to mention any of the potential downsides

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options

I have heard both, actually. Some people say it is way better and almost painless, and some say it destroyed their capacity to feel anything but pain for the rest of their days

I don't have very sensitive skin, so I am hopeful.

oooooh well enjoy! let us know how it went and if you liked the results!

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Viv, I am so excited to see your ombre when you get it done.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I have no idea how that is pronounced but I keep pronouncing it as 'hombre' and I am fucking cracking up over here

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Viv (or others with advice)! Tell me about threading!

I don't have a need to get my brows done but apparently being in my mid thirties means I now grow hair on my upper lip/chin that I really don't want, and waxing seems like a terrible idea with sensitive skin

• Options
    It hurts to sit and my legs feel all tingly, but I will hopefully not have to shave for three weeks.

time to rub cortisone on myself

• Options
    Usagi wrote: »

I don't have a need to get my brows done but apparently being in my mid thirties means I now grow hair on my upper lip/chin that I really don't want, and waxing seems like a terrible idea with sensitive skin

I know my gf swears by it

she says it's usually pretty cheap, too, but couldn't recall exact prices

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

I know my gf swears by it

she says it's usually pretty cheap, too, but couldn't recall exact prices

Ooh thanks! Would you mind asking her if she has a preferred local place?

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Not that it matters really since I'm doing it more for visual reasons, but what is the consensus on rimless glasses?

• Options
    thinking I'm going to learn to shave with a DE safety razor when I can afford to get one. it'll be a good way to manage facial hair for a long time, and while not the most effective solution time-wise for body hair, it'll be an inexpensive way to take care of it until I can wax or get an epilator

leaning toward the epilator

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I think it really depends on the glasses and your face. But function is obviously a priority. I think rimless could be pretty interesting, actually, since the dominant trend has been chunkier frames for years now.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Yeah I was never a fan of the hipster glasses. If I run into a camera I'll show them once I get them.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Magus` wrote: »
    Not that it matters really since I'm doing it more for visual reasons, but what is the consensus on rimless glasses?

An older guy I worked with had some titanium frames that he loved. They were pretty much the ear pieces and the nose piece connected directly to the lenses by holes drilled into the glass. He said the lenses could still be crushed or shattered but the rest was almost invincible and he could take and twist and bend them and they'd snap back into their original shape.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Rimless would stick out a bit more than other glasses. I'd be constantly fretting about them being fragile because my prescription isn't very strong though.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I think rimless are gettin' in style these days. If they suit your face I say go for it.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    modern polycarbonate lenses are pretty fucking strong

you would have to literally stomp on them to crack them or rub them directly on rough concrete to put a scratch on them

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Don't uhh

Don't take them off and put them lens-down on the floor of a beach hut and then sleep on them.

(To be fair I don't know what my lenses were made of, or if all lenses are made of the same thing, or anything about glasses construction other than 'oh hey I can read that sign now'.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Snowbeat wrote: »

you would have to literally stomp on them to crack them or rub them directly on rough concrete to put a scratch on them

I'm a walking anachronism that prefers glass lenses.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Skeith wrote: »

Don't forget your pocket watch and whale oil lamp there, Dan'l Boone.

edit: my tablet is possessed

Darth Waiter on
  • Options

Don't forget your pocket watch and whale oil lamp there, Dan'l Boone.

edit: my tablet is possessed

My pocket watch is pretty rad

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Also, y'all, my face is broken out as all hell right now. It fucking sucks.

Miiiine too. I'm in the it-gets-worse-before-better stage of some new skin stuff and I know I should power through but I'm so tempted to go back to the dermatologist and beg him to DO SOMETHING

How long is this stage supposed to last? Because I started a new face care routine 3 weeks ago and it's just been a horror show ever since. I don't know whether to give up already.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Why?

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Also, y'all, my face is broken out as all hell right now. It fucking sucks.

Miiiine too. I'm in the it-gets-worse-before-better stage of some new skin stuff and I know I should power through but I'm so tempted to go back to the dermatologist and beg him to DO SOMETHING

How long is this stage supposed to last? Because I started a new face care routine 3 weeks ago and it's just been a horror show ever since. I don't know whether to give up already.

no clue. I'm hoping a few weeks. maybe slowly take things out of the equation and see if your skin gets better? I have a tendency to think the "purging" thing is a total crock, but I'm on a retinoid which have been proven to speed things up and bring a bunch of crap to the surface.

also I am experiencing eczema for the first time ever so I have a few spots on my face that I'm not sure are zits vs. eczema outbreaks. fuuuun

• Options
    edited October 2013
    in happier fashion news, my sister in law got me some cat socks

D812D190-F184-4B31-A5D0-2A4B413A8EB3-8658-0000052CE9507343_zps76fa6084.jpg

8E13FE15-80BC-4B5F-A8A1-AFD238095CB1-8658-0000052CB4E4518D_zps89f9578c.jpg

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    those are incredible

bits do you know where she got them

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I think she ordered them from forever 21?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    oh man Sherlock Holmes is on and during this last stretch of the movie Rachel McAdams is wearing a man's suit and her hair is all messy and it is doing the weirdest things to me

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

New requirements for sock shots.

Must have a cat in it.

I will call this a bitspic.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

New requirements for sock shots.

Must have a cat in it.

I will call this a bitspic.

you uh

you may wanna rethink that word

• Options
    I may or may not have just gone and bought 10 pairs of socks from their website for my wife.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    I may or may not have just gone and bought 10 pairs of socks from their website for my wife.
    there were cat socks and bunny socks

how do you not immediately add to cart?

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options

Why?

It's probably entirely in my head but I feel like I notice a difference in sight between polycarbonates and glass. That and I find glass easier to keep clean.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

I love threading. I wrote a blog post about it recently, that's how much I love it.

Basically it is perfect for sensitive and delicate skin because there is nothing to react to - the thread is just cotton thread.

It is super fast and the results tend to last longer, and it hurts about as bad as waxing does. I do my eyebrows regularly every 6 to 8 weeks and it's brilliant.

The risk is finding a competent technician whose definition of a brow that suits you is the same as yours. There is a tendency for some threaders to get a bit over zealous and make them too thin.

Always tell them to assume a thicker brow so that it can be fixed later if needed.

Lip and other face areas should be easy since it's not shaping. I had my lip area done once and it was a weird sensation but I just walked in with no appt and it it done in like 5 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.