Options

[Pokemon thread] Download the patch that fixes the Lumiose City bug now

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    How do these patch things work? You just download and install on your system? Never patched a Nintendo game like this before.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    oxybeoxybe Entei is appaled and disappointed in you Registered User regular
    pardon me whilst i giggle with glee then go to bed and get my sleeps, which i really should have done a few hours ago, but pokemon.
    Maz- wrote: »
    If Mega Kangaskhan uses Power-Up Punch, does its Atk go up twice?

i've heard rumors that lean towards yes, but again: rumors. i cannot confirm or deny them at the moment.

you can read my collected ravings at oxybesothertumbr.tumblr.com
    -Weather Badge
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Yes.

Damn, that's pretty nice. I'd be interested in using one anyway since I absolute adore the Mega Evolution animation but it seems like it's pretty strong to boot.

It's a shame that you can only use one Mega Pokemon in each battle..there are so many I'd love to use.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    It does.

And yes its fantastic

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Oh nice, Volcarona can learn Hurricane and Firey Dance through the move relearner, don't have to level to 90/100.

Now to farm up some heart scales.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, Power Up Punch, Return, and Crunch/Sucker Punch are a given.

Now, would Mega Kangaskhan be better served by Fake Out or by Earthquake?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Scrappy Fake out is a good way to bait ghosts when theyre expecting you to mega

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    It's like Serene Grace, too, no?

Drain Punch twice sounds like reliable recovery.

PLA on
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    Well, thanks to @Nabob I now have a 31/31/31/31/X/31 Scyther! Adamant with Technican and everything. Took me about....40-50 eggs to get it, but wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I actually ended up with two, although one has Swarm instead of Technician. @Nabob obviously gets first dibs, but if he already got his then it's definitely up for grabs to whoever wants it. I'm going out of town tomorrow morning, but I'll be able to get on sporadically through the weekend.

I don't need it, the one I have you was a leftover from getting my own 5x31 :)

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    I haven't looked into the team composition in depth yet, and if I understand it correctly, you're not willing to budge a lot which is totally fine. Everyone has their favourites. I can point out some weaknesses on what would threaten you. If you want to.
    Thanks, @Chen. I am actually willing to budge on about half the time if there's a obvious holes I'm overlooking. The only Pokemon set in stone truly Galvantula and Charizard (Starmie too, but only out of usefulness rather than preference). I do want to add two Dragons (penciled in as Tyrantrum and Hyrdeigon, but I can opt for others) and Something Else (Aegislash was penciled in).

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »

It was worse in my days. We didn't have an IV judge, or power items to help, and Everstones only had a 50% chance of passing down the nature (not sure who the fuck thought it was a good idea). Plus, no pokemon was sure to have any stat in 31 (except gen 3 roamers, and they had 0s and 1 in most stats).

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »

It was worse in my days. We didn't have an IV judge, or power items to help, and Everstones only had a 50% chance of passing down the nature (not sure who the fuck thought it was a good idea). Plus, no pokemon was sure to have any stat in 31 (except gen 3 roamers, and they had 0s and 1 in most stats).
    What's the percentage chance of an Everstone passing down Nature now? Because it sure as hell ain't 100%.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Fucking SD-card glitched out in the middle of a fight.

• Options
    Kay wrote: »

What's the percentage chance of an Everstone passing down Nature now? Because it sure as hell ain't 100%.

100%. I have a pile of 80+ Timid Larvestas, 30 Modest Rotoms and 20 Adamant Scythers that would agree.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

100%. I have a pile of 80+ Timid Larvestas, 30 Modest Rotoms and 20 Adamant Scythers that would agree.
    And I have about 20 Zigzagoons (don't ask) that disagrees.

Unless you can't guarantee the nature with a Ditto, but can with a mother?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular

You must be new to the thread. Hi.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So what's the news on the patch? Is it only a tool to fix people's corrupted saves, or does it allow everyone to save in the city safely now? Have there been reports of people who applied it and fixed their save game (did anyone who got hit by glitch even waited for the patch or simply started a new game?)?

• Options

I've used the everstone on both parents with no issues. Not sure what could be the problem there? Very odd.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular

You probably switched parents but forgot to transfer your everstone

• Options
    I've also not had any problems whatsoever, regardless of using Dittos or not. Maybe you're using a Hard Stone or something?

• Options
    Everstones are 100%. and I've bred like 200 Pokemon. Easily.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Added myself to the spreadsheet via that form. I assume 22 meant forum handle.

Safari still unexplored...

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »

I'll add you right now sir.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I caught my first pokemon.

hrm.

oh dear.

...this could become addicting.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Do I have to do something with the friend safari before I can get people's third pokemon? Been running around in a place with confirmed dittos and yet to get any.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Do I have to do something with the friend safari before I can get people's third pokemon? Been running around in a place with confirmed dittos and yet to get any.

Is the person online? :)

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Oh you can only catch the third one if they are online? I thought it was just for the hidden abilities. Good to know.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Oh you can only catch the third one if they are online? I thought it was just for the hidden abilities. Good to know.

You only need to see them online.

RockinX on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    How do these patch things work? You just download and install on your system? Never patched a Nintendo game like this before.

I'm also curious about this.

Since I've never had WiFi, I've never used the eShop. I dunno what I'm supposed to do (when I do go to a WiFi spot).

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

Hi. Everyone's new to the thread - if you check back after an hour it's 10 pages on ;)

I just never knew people power-gamed Pokemon so much. My last experience with Pokemon was Blue/Red, so I'm just only now getting back into all the changes they've made. I figured Pokemon breeding was going to be a lot simpler, but it's quite daunting. I will probably be picking it up, but hope to get some enjoyment out of it without the need to go overboard. Looks like it offers fun for casual gamers as well as the hardcore Pokemon collectors/breeders, which is nice.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Tayrun wrote: »

I'll add you right now sir.

Added back. What's in the zone?

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

Hi. Everyone's new to the thread - if you check back after an hour it's 10 pages on ;)

I just never knew people power-gamed Pokemon so much. My last experience with Pokemon was Blue/Red, so I'm just only now getting back into all the changes they've made. I figured Pokemon breeding was going to be a lot simpler, but it's quite daunting. I will probably be picking it up, but hope to get some enjoyment out of it without the need to go overboard. Looks like it offers fun for casual gamers as well as the hardcore Pokemon collectors/breeders, which is nice.

Breeding really isn't bad once you get into it. It's fun to take a pokemon to the IV checker and have him tell you that you finally have 5 perfect IVs.

Speaking of which... I've hatched a few 5 IVs rotoms so far but none are right yet. But I might just go with the x/31/31/31/31/31 because.. damn that's so close to perfect.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    holy shit did you psychos just burn through 91 pages of forum posting at a clip of 40 posts per page in under 2 days?!

Does this game come with a kilo of speed or something? lol

We have to do something while Dittos are getting busy.

It's not like we can watch that!

(Not that we'd want to watch that.)

I'm actually a little disappointed that I can't see the 'mons I left at the day care playing outside like in other versions. Why I wanna watch two Espurrs staring at each other, I'll never know.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    b
    Speaking of which... I've hatched a few 5 IVs rotoms so far but none are right yet. But I might just go with the x/31/31/31/31/31 because.. damn that's so close to perfect.
    but his HP

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Matrias wrote: »
    b
    but his HP

I KNOW!

EDIT: Just ran it through an IV checker... 7 HP... 7!

Damn, back to the breeding mill.

pirateluigi on
    http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »
    holy shit did you psychos just burn through 91 pages of forum posting at a clip of 40 posts per page in under 2 days?!

Does this game come with a kilo of speed or something? lol

We have to do something while Dittos are getting busy.

It's not like we can watch that!

(Not that we'd want to watch that.)

I'm actually a little disappointed that I can't see the 'mons I left at the day care playing outside like in other versions. Why I wanna watch two Espurrs staring at each other, I'll never know.

That only happened in HGSS.

• Options
    After getting into the 'shop, you may get a notification that there's new stuff for a thing you have. Otherwise, there's a searchbar for tapping in "pokemon" to make it appear. There are two updates: One for X; one for Y.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    If I were a clever man, I would name a new character Charlie, and then make a team full of obviously female, humanoid shaped pokemon, and call the team Charlie's Angels.J
    Henroid wrote: »

I'm also curious about this.

Since I've never had WiFi, I've never used the eShop. I dunno what I'm supposed to do (when I do go to a WiFi spot).

I would assume if you suffer from the glitch, it fixes it. Otherwise it prevents it.

Anyways, go into the eshop, go to the Pokemon listing (right now it's right on the front page), and alongside the digital games and movies is the update. You download it, then when it's done, that's it. Game is patched and there's nothing left to do.

If you're super curious how it works, it's not so much of a "patch" as it is technically "DLC" that sits in your 3DS and now gets loaded when you play the game (that's where it's actually stored, in the DLC section of Data management).

Also one little thing: There's actually 2 patches, one for X and one for Y. I'm going to assume absolutely nothing bad happens if you take the wrong one. Shit, get both if you want to be extra safe or if you ever end up getting the other game later on.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
This discussion has been closed.