Options

Don't shop at Payless, you might get the cops called on you.

• Options
    Sir Red of the MantiSir Red of the Manti Registered User regular
    CryptoLocker is delightfully evil, but easily thwarted by the ancient practice of maintaining backups.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    CryptoLocker is delightfully evil, but easily thwarted by the ancient practice of maintaining backups.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

So the people who won't get it on their machines can easily recover from it.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Someone called us because they saw 2 chickens in a park.

They called the goddamned cops on two chickens.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I dunno man

Chickens are pretty shady looking. Just look at those crafty little beady eyes.

And 2 of them together?

They could be up to anything.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    there is literally nothing that someone won't call the police for help with

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

Well...Did you or did you not turn them into delicious fried chicken and deliver them to the caller??

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular

Two chickens is the start of an assembly. Next you'll get 3, 4, 900 chickens rioting throughout the park, harassing innocent citizens, and shutting down local businesses. See something, say something.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Isnt there a story about some crazy woman calling the police cause McDonalds was out of chicken nuggets or something.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Isnt there a story about some crazy woman calling the police cause McDonalds was out of chicken nuggets or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x1iRyDumiE

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DON'T MAKE ME ASSUME MY ULTIMATE FORM.

The battlecry of meth heads the world over.

• Options
    Sir Red of the MantiSir Red of the Manti Registered User regular

They called the goddamned cops fashion police on two chickens.

Chicken_hi_vis_jacket_car.jpg

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I live for the day when chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    My wife managed to install some adware on her machine the other day. She was apparently unaware of the fact that blindly clicking 'yes' while installing an actual 'reputed' freeware program would these days lead to a whole pile of 'browser-enhancing toolbars' and 'performance increasing software packages' getting installed.

I really need to speak to her about the difference between 2005 and 2013.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Fishman wrote: »
    My wife managed to install some adware on her machine the other day. She was apparently unaware of the fact that blindly clicking 'yes' while installing an actual 'reputed' freeware program would these days lead to a whole pile of 'browser-enhancing toolbars' and 'performance increasing software packages' getting installed.

I had to fix a computer that was in a similar situation, except the tech from their ISP installed it all. Including every "go faster" program you see on late night TV advertising.

• Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    Getting computers in that people are paying first time for and seeing three different .txt receipts for garbage remote-in scams is just the worst. Lady, I swear I will fix this and keep you running until it melts, stop paying con artists who call up as 'Microsoft Support Professionals'.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    My fucking brother is terrible for getting all manner of shit on my computer. He's away at work for 4 weeks, comes back for a week and guaranteed I would have to do a system restore/nuke from orbit. I eventually learnt how to set up Sandboxie and then I just purge that suit at the end of the week

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Man, don't fuck with chickens.
    Hissing, hackles lifting, the chicken's head rose.
    Kahlan pulled back.
    Its claws digging into stiff dead flesh, the chicken slowly turned to face her. It cocked its head, making its comb flop, its wattles sway.
    "Shoo," Kahlan heard herself whisper.
    There wasn't enough light, and besides, the side of its beak was covered with gore, so she couldn't tell if it had the dark spot. But she didn't need to see it.
    "Dear spirits, help me," she prayed under her breath.
    The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken.
    This was evil manifest.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

They called the goddamned cops fashion police on two chickens.

Chicken_hi_vis_jacket_car.jpg

Those are the coolest chickens I've ever seen.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    send your kids in and make them put the shoes back in the wrong boxes

• Options
    get several cardboard stand ups of your printed and then place them around the outside of the store looking in

• Options

this isn't a fucking laughing matter i would defs call the cops if two chickens were near me and loose

• Options
    "Excuse me chicken what are you doing in this park"

"don't mind me officer i'm just a Chicken On The Way"

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Tact, I think you've had enough, you're starting to talk to yourself.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

ha, I had to help my mom out with basically the same thing just a couple weeks ago

she went looking for a Sudoku game for her computer and found trouble instead

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular

ha, I had to help my mom out with basically the same thing just a couple weeks ago

she went looking for a "Sudoku" game for her computer and found "trouble" instead

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I got banned once from a Hollywood Video, for having aspergers.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    There is information missing in that sentence

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Lady at the video store learned I have aspergers. She looks it up and comes to the conclusion that I am liable to attempt to murder her, for some reason.

Next time I enter the store she panics and calls management, who decides that banning me is less trouble than replacing their silly goose employee.

Also, some days earlier I was at the store to briefly chat with a friend of mine who worked at a game shop that set up shop inside the video store, and apparently had said something that bothered her. I never even found out what it was.

Still, I tried to be a polite about it and went and apologized for apparently being rude in some way, and apparently her response to my attempting diplomacy was to report me on sight the next time I came to visit.

Goatmon on

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I got banned once from a Hollywood Video, for having aspergers.

Someone tried to ban me from a bdsm munch because I'm transgendered

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Lots of bad info spread about aspergers and other autism spectrum disorders on the worse Internet places.

Did she perhaps look it up on encyclopedia dramatica?

It's really awful how some of these places on the internet portray it. Like the internet public seems to assume everyone with aspergers is chrischan.

• Options
    Hell if I know what she did. She never once addressed me about her problems with me.

I have very little tolerance for people who can't be bothered to let me know they have a problem, or just ask someone else to inform me, and instead just immediately resort to reporting a problem to a higher authority.

I understand that some people just don't handle confrontations well, or even have fears of doing so. Still, it just feels really rude and disrepectful.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I got banned once from a Hollywood Video, for having aspergers once.

Once.

• Options
    There are a lot of details in there that make the statement

"I got banned from a video store for having aspergers"

Quite the leap

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Me having Aspergers was her excuse for flipping out and getting me banned, so not necessarily?

Goatmon on

• Options
    Spiced HamSpiced Ham Registered User regular
    A couple of years ago I went down to our local Harvey Norman to take advantage of the boxing day sales and pick up a new telly. I managed to get the attention of one of the sales staff and let her know I interested in their clearance stock but requested that they plug in a blu-ray player so I could get a better idea of the picture quality as they were all plugged in to the same composite feed and looked a bit shit. She was kind enough to oblige but and pulled out a player and cable they kept lying around for this very purpose. As she was setting up the first TV she warned me that because the HDMI cable she was using was a bit cheap the picture wasn't going to show the full 1080p resolution.

me: ...pardon?

her: Well, because this HDMI cable isn't very good you aren't going to get the same picture quality as you would with a Monster Cable.

Ah, the upsell.

me: Not quite, HDMI refers to a standard and if the cable you have isn't capable of performing at 1080p it isn't actually a HDMI cable. Older of HDMI cables may not be able to play 3D but they'll most assuredly give you full resolution.

her: No, I just had training with the Monster Cable rep, I know what HDMI is and if you don't spend at least $150 on a HDMI cable you may as well not be watching a blu-ray.

me: (What the fuck?) I'm sorry but that's just not right. He's been telling you porkies to get you to sell needlessly expensive cable to people who don't know any better. You're going to get the same picture with a $150 as a $3 cable or you aren't going to get a picture at all.

At this point she implied that I was a big fat liar liar pants on fire, I tried to tell her that I had no reason to lie about this but she got pretty mad, madder than I've ever seen a sales person while they were talking to a customer. We kept at it for a few more minutes and I tried to bring up the specs on the standard on my mobile so she could see exactly what I meant but she was pretty pissed and I couldn't be bothered any more, I suspect she was thinking of the commission they make on the snake oil extras more than anything else (Good Harvey Norman staff can make fat stacks on their comission alone).

I'm ashamed to say I did not take the high road. I deliberately wasted her time by getting her to demo nearly every TV in the store for me after I'd decided which one I wanted then I went to a different salesperson and got them to write up the sale. It was super childish and I wish I'd handled it better but I was pretty angry myself at that point, both at being called a liar and the fact that they were using these shitty tactics to dupe people who aren't familiar with the technology.

• Options
    I would say that she kind of forfeited the basic expectation of courtesy when she started calling you a liar.

That's one of those buttons that I don't take kindly to having pushed, but I can't speak for everyone else.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Spiced Ham wrote: »
    A couple of years ago I went down to our local Harvey Norman to take advantage of the boxing day sales and pick up a new telly. I managed to get the attention of one of the sales staff and let her know I interested in their clearance stock but requested that they plug in a blu-ray player so I could get a better idea of the picture quality as they were all plugged in to the same composite feed and looked a bit shit. She was kind enough to oblige but and pulled out a player and cable they kept lying around for this very purpose. As she was setting up the first TV she warned me that because the HDMI cable she was using was a bit cheap the picture wasn't going to show the full 1080p resolution.

me: ...pardon?

her: Well, because this HDMI cable isn't very good you aren't going to get the same picture quality as you would with a Monster Cable.

Ah, the upsell.

me: Not quite, HDMI refers to a standard and if the cable you have isn't capable of performing at 1080p it isn't actually a HDMI cable. Older of HDMI cables may not be able to play 3D but they'll most assuredly give you full resolution.

her: No, I just had training with the Monster Cable rep, I know what HDMI is and if you don't spend at least $150 on a HDMI cable you may as well not be watching a blu-ray.

me: (What the fuck?) I'm sorry but that's just not right. He's been telling you porkies to get you to sell needlessly expensive cable to people who don't know any better. You're going to get the same picture with a $150 as a $3 cable or you aren't going to get a picture at all.

At this point she implied that I was a big fat liar liar pants on fire, I tried to tell her that I had no reason to lie about this but she got pretty mad, madder than I've ever seen a sales person while they were talking to a customer. We kept at it for a few more minutes and I tried to bring up the specs on the standard on my mobile so she could see exactly what I meant but she was pretty pissed and I couldn't be bothered any more, I suspect she was thinking of the commission they make on the snake oil extras more than anything else (Good Harvey Norman staff can make fat stacks on their comission alone).

I'm ashamed to say I did not take the high road. I deliberately wasted her time by getting her to demo nearly every TV in the store for me after I'd decided which one I wanted then I went to a different salesperson and got them to write up the sale. It was super childish and I wish I'd handled it better but I was pretty angry myself at that point, both at being called a liar and the fact that they were using these shitty tactics to dupe people who aren't familiar with the technology.

That is a case where I would write an email to the store manager detailing how their sales staff tried to sell you snake oil and then insulted you when you pointed out that the snake oil is in fact snake oil.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Bullshit Goatmon I bet you don't even get that angry

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Best retail story I have involves me being a cashier at CVS many moons ago.
    There was this older couple that would frequently come in together and were always very pleasant. Always asked about how my day was going, how my family was, and how my girlfriend and I were doing. We'd have these little 5 minute chats a few times a week and they made my day every single time.

So I put in my two weeks and see them for what is probably the last time. I told them as much and I saw their faces sink a little. The wife gave me a hug and the husband gave me a handshake and a 20 dollar bill to "take the girlfriend out to lunch". They said how I was like a grandson to them. I had no idea what to do, so I just quickly wrote down my cell number and told them to call me if they ever needed anything. All three of us were a little tearful by the end.

It's been 4 years, but my offer still stands, Mrs. Debra and Mr. Herman. Please don't hesitate.

Kaplar on