Options

black and white [chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Captain Sisko best captain
    even though he wasn't most of the time

He was promoted in season 3 of a 7 season show get dunked

God damn it. :(

<3

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    I never watched a minute of ST Voyager, but Janeway is played by Red from Orange is the New Black, so she's OK by me.

Good actress like srsly

But my god those scripts

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    kirk era klingons look really racist

"Alright, and then they run into these surly Space Mongolians, right?"

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    everyone who hasn't watched deep space nine should watch the episode "In the Pale Moonlight", it's a summary of who Sisko is and how he's different from Picard (well, not really, but in many ways it's the clear example about how the entire series is different)

Unfortunately the episode is not a standalone, it's not going to make much sense unless you know the backstory

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I now decide what reaction to give posts based on what the forum allows.

Click awesome

"Whoops! There was an error."

Ok... I guess a bro works...

"There was an error performing your request. Please try again."

Hmmm... time for the agree.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Captain Sisko best captain
    even though he wasn't most of the time

He was promoted in season 3 of a 7 season show get dunked

God damn it. :(

if it's any consolation, I thought the promotion happened in season 4

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i think there are few things i fear as much as seeing the "other party is typing" animation on skype messenger when its my boss

it's never, like, "hey! we're giving you more money!"

It's always shit like, "do this menial thing for me so that i have more time to find more menial things to interrupt your day with."

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    everyone who hasn't watched deep space nine should watch the episode "In the Pale Moonlight", it's a summary of who Sisko is and how he's different from Picard (well, not really, but in many ways it's the clear example about how the entire series is different)

Unfortunately the episode is not a standalone, it's not going to make much sense unless you know the backstory

hmmm

You could watch "The Visitor" just because it's one of the best sci fi shows of any series

if you want to feel feelings

edit: I think In the Pale Moonlight works as long as you know who starfleet is, who the romulans are, and that the federation is in a war and losing

override367 on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    OZdvX2R.jpg

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    My favorite Sisko being a badass episode is For the Uniform

Eddington was one of the best characters in Star Trek evar.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I have a similar idea where my casket pops open and I'm pulled out and danced around like a marionette while "I got no strings to hold me down" plays

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    The phrase "get dunked on" bothers me. Are we really too lazy to dunk on the person themselves? We must tell them to do the hard work?

• Options
    My favorite Sisko being a badass episode is For the Uniform

Eddington was one of the best characters in Star Trek evar.

I suppose launching bio weapons at belligerent human colonies differs slightly from Picard's "lets negotiate with them" strategy

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Every day this week I have gone down to the cafeteria with the intention of getting a salad and every day I have returned with something way more delicious.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i think there are few things i fear as much as seeing the "other party is typing" animation on skype messenger when its my boss

it's never, like, "hey! we're giving you more money!"

It's always shit like, "do this menial thing for me so that i have more time to find more menial things to interrupt your day with."

"We're you messing with the license server?"

"No, what's wrong with it?"

"The license service is down, it's throwing kernel errors, and it's on fire. "

"Oh. Ok."

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I think I may have made it as far as season 3 of Voyager. I couldn't take anymore after that.

I refuse to watch a single episode of Enterprise.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I think I may have made it as far as season 3 of Voyager. I couldn't take anymore after that.

It picks up after that.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    The phrase "get dunked on" bothers me. Are we really too lazy to dunk on the person themselves? We must tell them to do the hard work?

jackson.jpg

• Options
    Enterprise Season 4 has some pretty fun episodes

They got an alternate universe one where a (literally!) insane archer steals a ship from the future and plows around the galaxy blowing shit up, complete with ridiculously hammy acting

• Options
    Voyager is a perfect storm of terrible understanding of science, inconsistent characterization, and go-nowhere plotting

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    this morning i was taking transit to work and this girl was taking up four seats by sitting there surrounded by her bags and putting her feet up

and there were people standing so i walked over and was like, hey, move your stuff that's really rude

and as she was moving her bags she looked at me with pure contempt and said "at least i dont look like a fat version of the cop from the batman movies"

7OyTdLR.jpg?1oldman-jim-gordon.jpg

uh oh

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Captain Cisco
    First Officer Linksys
    Helmsman Netgear

For some reason I see every episode of this being resolved by some form of unplugging then replugging something in.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I have watched random episodes of all the star treks. Only one of the series stars Patrick Stewart and Riker's beard so I think it's basically no contest.

• Options
    Case you are too young to turn into a middle aged lesbian

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    How often do you guys think of how embarrassing it would be to die while making a poop.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    unrelated but commissioner gordon has made me so many saltybux on saltybet

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Back from my in person interview. I think it went real well. I did some research on the folks before hand so I knew what the people interviewing me researched. And it seemed to impress. Plus my teaching experience since it is an education lab. And the lady doing the interview introduced me to the full office as well. Which is a good sign.

I am one of 3 candidates. Come on luck for once be on my side. Also I was the first interview, all other interviewees are going to be judged based on me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    haha

cass your life is one horrible altercation after another

why do you not spread your glorious and infectious laughter everywhere you go as a defense

others will be forced to laugh along with you and love you

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    a band I follow on facebook posted that if anyone texts in the front row of their show, they will spit on them and kick the person in the face/phone

I would genuinely like to see them try

getting getting the shit sued/kicked out of them would he hilarious

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I have watched random episodes of all the star treks. Only one of the series stars Patrick Stewart and Riker's beard so I think it's basically no contest.

Severe lack of Jeri Ryan

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    once you go full maddow

you can never return

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    How often do you guys think of how embarrassing it would be to die while making a poop.

everyone poops. I feel like there are far worse times I could go

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Hey fuck you also pretty sick burn imma go home and cry for a while.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    City life, y'all.

• Options
    haha

cass your life is one horrible altercation after another

why do you not spread your glorious and infectious laughter everywhere you go as a defense

others will be forced to laugh along with you and love you

i need your jokes to fuel my laughter without them i live a dour dry life

• Options
    omg im watching salty teemo and yakety sex is palying this is perfect

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    cass pls

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Cass I don't want to frighten you but I am pretty sure those glasses are eating your face

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

it wouldn't be embarrassing because i would be dead

This discussion has been closed.