As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

black and white [chat]

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    So a guy finds a cocoon and puts it in a box.

This:
    cocoon1.jpg

Becomes this:
    cocoon7.jpg

I love everything about this.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    hey guys this game is fun and all but what if it was more like working with pivot tables in Excel?

*huff puff*
    got here...fast...*huff*...could
    sign me the fuck up!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

sirchez is stomping with yasuo

much luls many domination

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    People who liked 3rd Ed are crazy people.

It was sooo much better then 2nd though.

i dunno

2nd was a clusterfuck but it also was the first edition i played so i kind of love it for irrational reasons

those are pretty much the only reasons for really liking or hating any of the editions

I did find 4th to be genuinely fun before they started adding new classes just because adding classes and it turned into yet another clusterfuck

Fighter, Blonde Fighter, Fighter With a Limp, Gay Fighter

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    All: 61 products - Filter for 36S: 32 products

Extra slim fit: 10 products - Filter for 36S: 0

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    pf is just lame though

Fixed it for you.

like most d&d it still works pretty well if you're not playing with asshats

It still very much pushes the fighters/melee classes should twiddle their thumbs at high level unless they seriously powergame and then they get to some times be mediocre.

just haven't seen anything remotely like this yet by level twelve

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I am so over d&d like systems

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Have you tried here?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

we really just use it as an excuse to get together, drink beer, and share tasty food

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

He's playing normals though with a bunch of fans so take it with a grain of salt! The people he's against are not the same he'd be against in ranked.

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    I'm old enough now that I worry about younger people on okcupid thinking I'm a creep if I view their profiles. I have an age filter set, but the "Similar Users" doesn't use that, so I'll click on one of those and it'll be a cute, awesome person and oh god she's 20 she's totally going to think I'm creepy.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    AFFLUENZA.

This is... ridiculous. I had to check to make sure I wasn't reading The Onion.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/12/health/affluenza-youth/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

What isnt getting mentioned is that the kid has a huge fine to pay, the parents are also going to end up paying over 10 million in fines, and the kid is open to being sued by the parents. Because the kid was a minor, and the way the charges were brought up, this is basically the maximum that the judge could do legally. This is like the Mcdonalds hot coffee case, the lies are getting bigger and bigger and more confounding the more the story gets posted.

edit:
    Deebaser wrote: »
    The comments...lol
    Hey judge, have you heard of the Povuh-T Virus? It affects mostly inner city kids and it causes them to become criminals, drug pushers and prostitutes. The lack of jobs, parental supervision and after-school programs make them highly susceptible to this illness. I hear the affected have been known to hurt and kill a few people every now and then, if left untreated. But you know, it's not their fault - let's give them a lengthy probation too, so they can get better. Can you get on that as soon as you can?

Wait, what's that? That's different because they can't pay you off and their faces are a funny darkish color? Oh, Ok. MY BAD.

This is literally a defense used successfully in a ton of cases(at least in the 90's), including the same defendant charged with grand larceny on multiple occasions. He straight up said he did it, but the only skills in life, experience and environment he has was to steal for a living so he shouldn't be held accountable for his acctions. Juries agreed.several.times.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    They don't have it in my size :(

06_hbna50250900_060_10?$re_fullPageZoom$

That's ok, the jacket's too short by half an inch at least.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options

we really just use it as an excuse to get together, drink beer, and share tasty food

Yeah but you could do that with *world or burning wheel or anything else

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

He's playing normals though with a bunch of fans so take it with a grain of salt! The people he's against are not the same he'd be against in ranked.

i care not

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    AFFLUENZA.

What isnt getting mentioned is that the kid has a huge fine to pay, the parents are also going to end up paying over 10 million in fines, and the kid is open to being sued by the parents. Because the kid was a minor, and the way the charges were brought up, this is basically the maximum that the judge could do legally. This is like the Mcdonalds hot coffee case, the lies are getting bigger and bigger and more confounding the more the story gets posted.

I am glad to have this context because reading that story made me mad

• Options
    Leitner wrote: »

Have you tried here?

Mother. Fucker.

I should start hovering over URLs again.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    diannaochong that's a lot of starbound

• Options
    AFFLUENZA.

Also, he may end up remanded to a treatment facility (The original story I read said he would serve his probation there), which is better than taking a 16 year old boy and giving him 2 decades of instruction in how to be maladjusted, violent and misanthropic while in prison.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    that is like, the prettiest cat I have ever seen

and I am not really a cat person

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    AFFLUENZA.

You can't try a rich white kid as an adult in Texas?

• Options

Running a server does that

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Is yasuo a new lol

Can someone send me a PC that can play lol plz.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Running a server does that

You don't have to run it through Steam!

I just run the executable directly.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    pf is just lame though

Fixed it for you.

It still very much pushes the fighters/melee classes should twiddle their thumbs at high level unless they seriously powergame and then they get to some times be mediocre.

You'll see it at 13 to 14.

• Options

It looks like it's been sueded.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

I run the server for G&T, and while not from that account(I do play alot!), it's super easy to leave the launcher up in the background which steam counts :\

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I run the server for G&T, and while not from that account(I do play alot!), it's super easy to leave the launcher up in the background which steam counts :\

you don't have to lie to me

you're an addict

show me your elbows and the webbing of your toes right now

• Options

I will show you a picture of the cat here.

She prty

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pf is just lame though

Fixed it for you.

You'll see it at 13 to 14.

ok

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

DaemonSadi wrote: »

i care not

I just meant don't take what is seen there as Yasuo being OP. It is still mighty entertaining because Sirhcez is a cool duder.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I think I'd like Netflix (and similar groups) to provide budget-based subcategories

so I go to Sci-Fi / Fantasy and the first subcat is "AAA", then "A", then "B". Maybe "Shoestring".

... of course, I'd settle for alphabetical order

• Options
    edited December 2013
    AFFLUENZA.

You can't try a rich white kid as an adult in Texas?

Thats more complicated (which is a weasel answer for "I dont know". It is possible for Tx to try children as adults if I remember right). He didn't have a jury, basically went straight to the magistrate as those kinds of cases go. I suspect since it wasn't premeditated it would be hard to try him as an adult. People are focusing on his defense. His defense literally didn't matter in the judges decision, because the judge threw the book at him, as much as he could penalty wise. if it was a black poor kid in front of the same judge, that was the maximum thing that could have been done from how I understand the situation.
    Nova_C wrote: »
    AFFLUENZA.

Also, he may end up remanded to a treatment facility (The original story I read said he would serve his probation there), which is better than taking a 16 year old boy and giving him 2 decades of instruction in how to be maladjusted, violent and misanthropic while in prison.
    My understanding is he is being forced into some sort of program for drinking, but I dont know if that is just AA, or checked in somewhere.

If we can agree that the judgement was the harshest available, giving a 16 year old the ability to prove himself over the next 10 years isn't terrible as a sentence(probation). It's super easy to fuck up and land yourself in a fuck ton of trouble. That's where being a rich white man has advantages though...

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    John Barrowman plays certain roles very very well.

doesn't he play a
    Bad Arrow-man

But a nuanced one sorta.
    he's got the whole batman begins gotta destroy part of the city to fix the city plan.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anyone have experience with Calvin Klein's clothing?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone have experience with Calvin Klein's clothing?

One time I was wearing CK briefs and I travelled back to the 1950s and my mom thought that was my name.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    AFFLUENZA.

edit:
    Deebaser wrote: »
    The comments...lol
    Hey judge, have you heard of the Povuh-T Virus? It affects mostly inner city kids and it causes them to become criminals, drug pushers and prostitutes. The lack of jobs, parental supervision and after-school programs make them highly susceptible to this illness. I hear the affected have been known to hurt and kill a few people every now and then, if left untreated. But you know, it's not their fault - let's give them a lengthy probation too, so they can get better. Can you get on that as soon as you can?

Wait, what's that? That's different because they can't pay you off and their faces are a funny darkish color? Oh, Ok. MY BAD.

This is literally a defense used successfully in a ton of cases(at least in the 90's), including the same defendant charged with grand larceny on multiple occasions. He straight up said he did it, but the only skills in life, experience and environment he has was to steal for a living so he shouldn't be held accountable for his acctions. Juries agreed.several.times.

The internet outrage engine strikes again!

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    The guy doing the weather has the same vocal mannerisms as Vincent Price

"Showers over Cumbria, becoming wintry later."

This discussion has been closed.