black and white [chat]

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Wait a minute. Are you guys saying that case of the 16 year old in Texas murdering my coworker was a case of the legal system being slanted against Hispanics / in favor of white people?

That fucking kid deserved every year sentenced to him, and my personal attachment to the victim (even if it wasn't too close) makes me feel like he deserves more (but that's my emotions flying wild). Drunk driving is fucking stupid and we need to come down on it like a motherfucker in this country.

Henroid, I get what you're saying, and I'm sorry that this happened, it was unjust and should never have occurred, but you just said he 'murdered' your co-worker. If you're claiming that he targeted her and intended to kill her, then you're not rational. If you don't mean that, then take a step back for just a moment and think about what the end result of what you're saying will be.

It's not 1st degree murder, but any time a drunk driver gets behind the wheel, they may as well go "I'm out to murder someone." I mean seriously there is zero excuse for drunk driving.

Or talking a cell phone while driving. Or texting while driving. Or driving while tired. Or driving while on medication.

And yet people do these things. And people have died because of people doing these things.

Is everyone who talks on a cell phone in their car intending to murder someone?

They're not aware of it yet. It's why I support laws cracking down on that shit.

Remember the girl in San Francisco playing with her music playlist and ran over a dude, killing him, and only got a $1000 fine and then cried on MySpace about people being mean to her? Fuck her.

Sure they are. The dangers of cell phone use while driving are incredibly well documented and published. I see commercials all the time about how texting or talking on a cell phone has gotten people killed. In fact, I see those ads way more than I see drunk driving ads.

So the question is, is it fair to say that someone talking on their cell phone while driving is intending to commit murder?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    wait another school shooting

noooooooooooooooo staaaaaaahp

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    i want a new suit and also i want to tailor my old suit

Get a new suit and take both to the tailor!

TREAT
    YO
    SELF

yes

well

sadly at the moment my bank account is very low as i've been spending like a moron, and i have other priorities (gift for mom bday, new snowboarding boots, maybe a vape, money for thailand). maybe if i have time in thailand i will get a suit there, though i won't be in any one place too long.

I hemorrhage money around the holidays for real

• Options
    holy fuck hemorrhage is stupidly spelled

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Poor cell phone car integration is probably responsible for more deaths than any sort of mechanical issues. Like, my car requires that I scroll through a giant list for 5 fucking minutes just to play the song I want. It locks me out of using touch or Siri because of regulations regarding phone-car integration. I've yet to kill anyone but when I do, please blame out of touch regulators and also Miley Cyrus probably.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ehehehe, Agent Yellow, much suttle so politix

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    So if my mom hates windows 8 and wants it to be like windows 7, how would you go about doing that?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Only good news is so far confirmed casualties are really really small. I guess 2 people shot? One was a student though but I guess is alive.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Christmas Justice

• Options
    Poor cell phone car integration is probably responsible for more deaths than any sort of mechanical issues. Like, my car requires that I scroll through a giant list for 5 fucking minutes just to play the song I want. It locks me out of using touch or Siri because of regulations regarding phone-car integration. I've yet to kill anyone but when I do, please blame out of touch regulators and also Miley Cyrus probably.

I really hope you don't actually do this while driving.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013

Weird, I need to see if siri works for playing music on my head unit, like I know I can get directions and make calls that way but haven't tried playing music (does siri even do that?)

EDIT: Hey, it totally does! Even with my itunes radio stations and podcasts, this is amazing

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Install Windows 7

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Christmas Justice

Justice for all, and to all a good night

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Install Windows 7

That has performance costs.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Wait a minute. Are you guys saying that case of the 16 year old in Texas murdering my coworker was a case of the legal system being slanted against Hispanics / in favor of white people?

That fucking kid deserved every year sentenced to him, and my personal attachment to the victim (even if it wasn't too close) makes me feel like he deserves more (but that's my emotions flying wild). Drunk driving is fucking stupid and we need to come down on it like a motherfucker in this country.

Henroid, I get what you're saying, and I'm sorry that this happened, it was unjust and should never have occurred, but you just said he 'murdered' your co-worker. If you're claiming that he targeted her and intended to kill her, then you're not rational. If you don't mean that, then take a step back for just a moment and think about what the end result of what you're saying will be.

It's not 1st degree murder, but any time a drunk driver gets behind the wheel, they may as well go "I'm out to murder someone." I mean seriously there is zero excuse for drunk driving.

Or talking a cell phone while driving. Or texting while driving. Or driving while tired. Or driving while on medication.

And yet people do these things. And people have died because of people doing these things.

They're not aware of it yet. It's why I support laws cracking down on that shit.

Remember the girl in San Francisco playing with her music playlist and ran over a dude, killing him, and only got a $1000 fine and then cried on MySpace about people being mean to her? Fuck her.

Sure they are. The dangers of cell phone use while driving are incredibly well documented and published. I see commercials all the time about how texting or talking on a cell phone has gotten people killed. In fact, I see those ads way more than I see drunk driving ads.

So the question is, is it fair to say that someone talking on their cell phone while driving is intending to commit murder?

the difference is that we've established how bad drunk driving is, we've spent decades fighting to make people see it seriously, and largely succeeded

Drunk driving is by itself a pretty serious thing, DUIs are no joke

override367 on
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    So if my mom hates windows 8 and wants it to be like windows 7, how would you go about doing that?

isn't there an "app" that is basically a background and the taskbar?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

i-RrTj8nL-950x10000.jpg

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i want an apple headunit

something that just puts my iphone's screen up there with maps and everything and just plays me some music

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    driving is for nerds

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

Weird, I need to see if siri works for playing music on my head unit, like I know I can get directions and make calls that way but haven't tried playing music (does siri even do that?)

Yeah! You can ask Siri to play an artist, album, or song by name and it works really well. Except in my car where accessory mode locks it out and forces me to use the shitty, distracting in-dash interface.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

We need to elevate the dangers of driving with those kinds of distractions to the same level of driving while intoxicated. It's bad, there is no safe level of doing it.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I actually really like the way hemorrhage is spelled.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/_bpS-cOBK6Q

*puts car into drive*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I would like to try Starbound out but I'm broke this month cause Aaron hasn't worked very much due to his job being light this time of year

so I should blame him right y/n???

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

should just be hamrij

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Only good news is so far confirmed casualties are really really small. I guess 2 people shot? One was a student though but I guess is alive.

last i heard both were alive, just wounded

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    you make good waifu

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular

Uhh the kid got off because he had rich parents and his defense attorneys made the argument that because he was rich he never knew it was wrong to drink and drive.

The kid deserves four manslaughter charges and jail time. A 16 year old with no prior convictions who thinks he can get away with everything because he has money, then gets away with killing four people while driving drunkenly underage because he has money and the defense attorneys to make up a bullshit excuse like that, does not need treatment- he needs jail time.

So, 1) You're quoting a post where I'm trying to figure out why some accidents make people murderers and others just make them ....something else?

And 2) At some point this kid would be released from prison, yes? Would the person released from prison at that time be more or less likely to victimize more people than the person released from a treatment facility?

1) Manslaughter charges are, as stated before, not necessarily premeditated. I said manslaughter.

2) Yes, and he'd be less likely to do it again because instead of being coddled by some bullshit outdated "disease" theory, he'd be scared shitless and learn that actions actually have consequences, regardless of if you have money or not.

• Options
    Aw man, not again. :<

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I would like to try Starbound out but I'm broke this month cause Aaron hasn't worked very much due to his job being light this time of year

you should hurt him

with a knife

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Serial killer test question #27

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

You want Start8 if you want a real start menu back.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

the difference is that we've established how bad drunk driving is, we've spent decades fighting to make people see it seriously, and largely succeeded

Drunk driving is by itself a pretty serious thing, DUIs are no joke

Yep.

Ontario police say that using a cell phone while driving kills more drivers than booze.

So society sees it differently, but the outcome is the same. Fuck that noise. Talking on a cell phone while driving kills people. It has been studied, reported on, analyzed, experimented with and there is no doubt that it is incredibly dangerous and is killing people, likely just as many if not more than drunk driving.

So what, exactly, are you guys saying? Is drunk driving worse than talking on a cell phone or texting while driving, even though the outcomes are similar?

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I don't think attempting reform is nearly as toxic as it used to be

So what you're saying is we should be content that he got what all people in similar circumstances SHOULD get, and not feel any outrage or anything?

What is your point Nova? While I think calling for the kid's head on a spike is the wrong move, I think calling for the judge's head on a spike (METAPHORICALLY) isn't too crazy, and the whole Texas judicial system while we're at it

That IF this kid is remanded to a treatment facility then that is the BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME. We should be encouraging more of that, not less.

This is if you focus on this case alone in a microcosm, which is tremendously myopic.

Rich people should get the same sentences poor people do. Then they will all have a chance of going to treatment facilities for psychological disorders, because their rich parents will actually care about the judicial, prison, education, and medical systems their wealth allows them to avoid, and do something about reform.

This kid individually getting sensitive handling contributes to thousands of poor kids getting insensitive handling.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

You should punch him in the D. @Chanus can show you but punching techniques.

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

you should hurt him

with a knife

No :-(

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular

Assuming her computer is not a Surface RT:

The tile just below top-left loads desktop mode, but you probably already knew that.
    I use ClassicShell to skip the tiled start menu at boot, and to add a classic style start menu.
    A few system features can only be accessed through the tiles, and you can still get to those by pointing at the top-left corner of the screen (or pressing shift-winkey in ClassicShell). (repeat to return). I don't find myself having to do that more than twice a month.
    She'll still get pulled into tile mode when opening a file if the program associated with that file type is a tiled program (eg PDFs, pictures, movies). In these cases, find and install something better (e.g. Chrome, Paint.net, VLC).

• Options

You should punch him in the D. Chanus can show you but punching techniques.

My method is a bit unorthodox, but what I like to do is ball my hand into a fist shape and then project it toward my target with as much force as I can muster whilst yelling, "GYMKATA!"

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

you should hurt him

with a knife

No :-(

YES

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

you should hurt him

with a knife

i dont want to damage my sex thing too badly

This discussion has been closed.