Options

joe [chat]

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I'll do y'all one better: I got expelled from the gifted/accelerated stream for academic underperformance

Tee-hee me too.

Which probably explains why I've dropped out of college three times.

Hmm. I've only dropped out once! Clearly I shall need to work harder to match your record.

It's more of a mark of shame than a record.

I'm going to go drink now and think about my debt.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i was accepted to harvard at age 15

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I moved to a school system that didn't have such a stream and managed to totally fuck my GPA in the transition (the old school used a weird 6 point scale, the new school just averaged everything down which wasn't actually how that worked)

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I'll do y'all one better: I got expelled from the gifted/accelerated stream for academic underperformance

Tee-hee me too.

Hmm. I've only dropped out once! Clearly I shall need to work harder to match your record.

If you want to match DUE's total, I think you would have to do the opposite of that.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I am Stephen Hawking

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    oxford at age 17

e: which is, you know, normal

I did miss out on national service/etc. which was probably a mistake in hindsight

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i didn't go though because i was busy becoming the youngest boy to sail around the globe alone

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I went to Choate

briefly

at age 4

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I was in accelerated math and science. I got into honor's English some how but I sucked balls. So I went back to normal English.

I got into my sister's Honor's Algebra because so many of my classmates hadn't passed the math part of the grad exams that my normal algebra became a math exam prep class. So my teacher (God I love her. She introduced me to Discworld and Terry Pratchett. Among other things.) offered me and a few other students that had passed to join the honor's class since there was only 10 people in it. So I got in the same class as my sister, didn't really do my homework (we had scantrons so I would look at the question, find the answer that looked right and bubble it in.), and read or slept in class. I made an 84 while my sister studied hard, did her homework, took notes, and more, and made an 82. She still hates me for that to this day.

Then I made an 22 on my ACT the first time without studying and she made 16, 20, 20 on her tests. We both work at McDonalds right now.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    National Service is the mistake, Ronya

420 eff nation states erry day

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    National Service is the mistake, Ronya

420 eff nation states erry day

I needed more networking then and I still need it now

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Tee-hee me too.

It's more of a mark of shame than a record.

I'm going to go drink now and think about my debt.

I was kicked out twice.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    honors English was so great. I bestrode that shit like a goddamned colossus. draft what is draft I will write thesis in its entirety two nights before it is due and it will be so good I don't get it back for a week as the English teachers pass it around between each other and random adults I have never met congratulate me in the halls

in retrospect that was kind of my high point academically oh well

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I went to USC.

Then I left.

• Options
    i am abysmal at english and writing papers and etc.

i struggle to write good sound not like dummy

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I was in accelerated math and science. I got into honor's English some how but I sucked balls. So I went back to normal English.

I got into my sister's Honor's Algebra because so many of my classmates hadn't passed the math part of the grad exams that my normal algebra became a math exam prep class. So my teacher (God I love her. She introduced me to Discworld and Terry Pratchett. Among other things.) offered me and a few other students that had passed to join the honor's class since there was only 10 people in it. So I got in the same class as my sister, didn't really do my homework (we had scantrons so I would look at the question, find the answer that looked right and bubble it in.), and read or slept in class. I made an 84 while my sister studied hard, did her homework, took notes, and more, and made an 82. She still hates me for that to this day.

Then I made an 22 on my ACT the first time without studying and she made 16, 20, 20 on her tests. We both work at McDonalds right now.

If it makes you feel any better I was two points away from a perfect on my ACT because I suck at math.

And I'm a 26 year old multiple time college drop out.

I was so smart and athletic then. Ugh.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I went to Choate

briefly

at age 4

Choate Rosemary is garbage!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    they took my gpa

and cut it by 2/3

because they didn't know wtf

I am still fucking mad as hell 15 years later

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I have to do drafts. Not only because of my horrible spelling but because I get so much information down onto a paper that what was going to be a 3 page report became 27 page draft (And that was on Mortal Kombat, violent in video games, and the ESRB).

• Options
    I went to Choate

briefly

at age 4

Choate Rosemary is garbage!

I honestly think I was smarter than some of the actual students there at the time <.<

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Although technically speaking I have a sugar momma so I did aomething right. Except we don't have sex. But I'd never want to sex her even though she's pretty it feels incestous. I'm talking too much.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I tended to do quite well in English classes and mediocre in math classes.

Scored higher on math on my SATs.

Now I just huff glue. Mmm. Glue.

• Options
    I peaked academically at age 10 and it's been downhill ever since

damn you puberty

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    even though its a meaningless number i still regret screwing up my GPA with a 2.7 in 9th grade

i also wish i aced my SATs because how baller would that have been

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Although technically speaking I have a sugar momma so I did aomething right. Except we don't have sex. But I'd never want to sex her even though she's pretty it feels incestous. I'm talking too much.

So jelly

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

If it makes you feel any better I was two points away from a perfect on my ACT because I suck at math.

And I'm a 26 year old multiple time college drop out.

I was so smart and athletic then. Ugh.

Shit, I felt like a genius because the average in my school was 12.

Then this fucking Johnathan guy that joined my senior year from some Georgia school shows up and does 35 on the ACT. "Only because I ran out of time on the history part".

Fucking prick.

• Options
    To all the confused, troubled teenagers out there, take it from an adult: drop out, hop a ship, and have as much disease-free sex as you can while you become a citizen of the world. Wikipedia and Google exist, school's for chumps.

• Options
    i was screwed in 9th grade no matter what though, even if i hadnt been depressed and self destructive

one test in my world history class was to take a blank sheet of paper and draw africa

like, all the countries, and borders, and names, and relevant geographical landmarks

like wtf

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I had a 26 on my math ACT without studying. 24 in science, 32 in reading comprehension.

The shocker was the 19 in grammar. Yup big surprise. Because I am a great writer yup.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    i can't draw an accurate map of the US from scratch

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    even though its a meaningless number i still regret screwing up my GPA with a 2.7 in 9th grade

i also wish i aced my SATs because how baller would that have been

I'll never forgive the SAT people for adding that new section and making the whole jam 2400 points.

My Old man sat score makes me look like a special ed case

• Options
    to the confused, troubled teenagers out there: network as hard as you can with the kids of the global capitalist elite, they know all of society's cheat codes, and once you get into that circle it is very hard to fall back out

unless, well, it buys you a ticket into oxford and you become the statistic of the one in however many students who still managed to fail

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

So jelly

It is a cool story I guess.

But I never would have thought. . .

*looks at stripper pole and stares off into the distance*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i was screwed in 9th grade no matter what though, even if i hadnt been depressed and self destructive

one test in my world history class was to take a blank sheet of paper and draw africa

like, all the countries, and borders, and names, and relevant geographical landmarks

like wtf

geeze how old are you

that sounds like something out of my parent's day

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    to the confused, troubled teenagers out there: network as hard as you can with scheck, they know all of society's cheat codes, and once you get into that circle it is very hard to fall back out

unless, well, it buys you a ticket into oxford and you become the statistic of the one in however many students who still managed to fail

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    to the confused, troubled teenagers out there: network as hard as you can with the kids of the global capitalist elite, they know all of society's cheat codes, and once you get into that circle it is very hard to fall back out

Worked for me!

steam_sig.png
  • Options

like wtf

geeze how old are you

this was 2005

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The ACT is like, a weird foreign thing to me. None of the schools I looked at even asked for ACT scores. It'll forever be that other test that only the screwups in prep school had to take.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    to the confused, troubled teenagers out there: network as hard as you can with scheck, they know all of society's cheat codes, and once you get into that circle it is very hard to fall back out

he's going to be confused when the groupies show up at his door bearing all the gifts that [chat] advised them to bring

like, you know

cheeseburgers

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

like wtf

geeze how old are you

this was 2005

... graded on a curve?

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.