Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Colts are trickier. Luck is probably going to make big gains over the next two years in terms of decision making and consistency and hilton looks like he could be a pro bowler, but by that time he's coming out of his rookie contract and is gonna get big money. Not having a first round pick to help replace wayne, sure up the offensive line, or get a number one cb is really going to hurt them when luck eats up all their cap space.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Luck looks pretty decent when he shaves his neckbeard and washes his hair.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    The minute personal hygiene gets in the way of a QB's mechanics is the minute we can give a shit about such things.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Lol for all the accolades and records the broncos set, they're only #2 in weighted dvoa

#1?

the pats

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I didn't really get into football until just recently and I only stumbled across this thread three minutes ago but I feel safe in saying fuck the patriots

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    Lol for all the accolades and records the broncos set, they're only #2 in weighted dvoa

#1?

the pats

#1 in weighted Offensive DVOA.

#2 in weighted DVOA, behind the Seahawks.

DVOA says that Denver has a better defence right now (we'll see what injuries do to it this weekend), a slightly inferior offence, and much worse special special teams (but again: we'll see what injuries have done to the Patriots this week).

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Colts are trickier. Luck is probably going to make big gains over the next two years in terms of decision making and consistency and hilton looks like he could be a pro bowler, but by that time he's coming out of his rookie contract and is gonna get big money. Not having a first round pick to help replace wayne, sure up the offensive line, or get a number one cb is really going to hurt them when luck eats up all their cap space.

This is pretty much entirely accurate. It really annoys me that Grigson pissed away that first round pick for Richardson because we need help on the o-line and the secondary really badly. And yes, we need someone to put opposite of TY Hilton. (<3 TY's end-zone celebration, it makes me laugh a little every time I watch him do it)

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I didn't really get into football until just recently and I only stumbled across this thread three minutes ago but I feel safe in saying fuck the patriots

Your hate fuels us.

Delicious, delicious hate.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    What's really crazy is that if someone went back to 2000 and told me the Pats were going to be one of the most dominant forces in football for like a decade, I probably would've either laughed them out of the room or asked if they replaced Bledsoe.

Its like me, today, standing in front of everyone and saying the Browns were going to be an unstoppable force of nature for the next 15 years.

• Options
    Oh, and if the Pats win the big dance, it will cement Belichick as having the most post season wins of any head coach ever. And, unlike Brady, Ol Bill has got quite a few years left in the NFL.

Did you know Brady has the most post-season wins ever? And the next runner-up is Brees, with 7 less.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    This game in Denver also snaps a streak of 9 straight playoff home games for NE (other than neutral sites)

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

This is pretty much entirely accurate. It really annoys me that Grigson pissed away that first round pick for Richardson because we need help on the o-line and the secondary really badly. And yes, we need someone to put opposite of TY Hilton. (<3 TY's end-zone celebration, it makes me laugh a little every time I watch him do it)
    Well the line and the secondary are actually good 3rd-6th round picks, so that really isn't that bad of a trade if richardson performs. I find trading good draft picks for running backs annoying, because you can draft a 1000yd running back second round, so you can trade that first round for a 2nd and 6th round pick and get yourself the running back and another person for the line. You could also get a running back with your normal 2nd round pick and get an outstanding WR. Then use your 3rd-7th picks on a Oline, or hell if your are looking for O-line exclusively, then you can just sacrifice your 1st and 2nd picks for a ton of 4th 5th and 6th round picks. Corners are becoming a harder to get commodity, so drafting one of them first or second is reasonable.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Richardson is pretty much a bust, the guy has fumblitius and gets stuffed more often than Lisa Ann.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I hear you can get a pretty good RB for a 7th rounder.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options

How recent are we talking? Because unless you're talking about the 2001-2007 Pats, I don't see how anyone can hate them. I used to hate them too, but now I just kind of repect them. Look at this season. They're heading to the AFC Championship game on the strength of a pretty incredible coach, and Tom being just great enough still to carry the team. Though, the win last week over Indy was pretty much because of Blount.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    As a Niner fan I want my team to win, but if they lost I wouldn't feel so bad. Only because I don't think I could deal with the Seahawks fans at work. Like, the entire staff is behind the team and I can feel their angst at this upcoming game.

It's painfully obvious that they are all preparing for a team meltdown. Having only lived here a year and a few months, is this to be expected? Is the Seattle fan base, barring the mariners, really that pessimistic?

I think what this city needs is for the Seahawks to win and as the clock strikes zero, the clouds to part and give the city a bath of sunlight that lasts until after the Super Bowl.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    As a Niner fan I want my team to win, but if they lost I wouldn't feel so bad. Only because I don't think I could deal with the Seahawks fans at work. Like, the entire staff is behind the team and I can feel their angst at this upcoming game.

It's painfully obvious that they are all preparing for a team meltdown. Having only lived here a year and a few months, is this to be expected? Is the Seattle fan base, barring the mariners, really that pessimistic?

I think what this city needs is for the Seahawks to win and as the clock strikes zero, the clouds to part and give the city a bath of sunlight that lasts until after the Super Bowl.

Seattle has a long, long history of never winning it all, no matter how good the team is. Only the Sonics, of all teams, have ever won a championship. And they're not even here any more.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    The mariners 2001 collapse, a decade plus of suck, the sonics leaving, and Seattle losing the superbowl has made Seattle very much "When's the other shoe going to drop".

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's kinda funny how much hate our fanbase gets considering we're nearly on the same level as Cleveland and Detroit, unlike them, we just keep getting close or promising, but with little result. Like they at least expect to fail.

Seattle's relationships with championships is like that girl who keeps canceling your date but insists on rescheduling just to keep that false hope alive.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    And it always seems like the two teams remaining can't be good at the same time. Like the Seahawks are good now, but when the mariners were good the seahawks were fucking awful.

At this point I'm worried though, if the hawks start sucking the mariners won't be better save the possible Tony Larusa hire for president I heard getting kicked around.

Anyway this weekend I hear there was some griping about NFC championship tickets?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ugh, now I feel even worse for all of you. :(
    fuck that! Go Niners!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Don't worry Seattle sometimes you can go from "so close but no cigar" to just winning something every single year

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    So often that its not even a big deal. So often that you can lose 4 title games/series in a decade and be fine because you have 6 others

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Jim Caldwell is your new Lions coach.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    God I hope so bad that we become the next patriots, we have the coach, we might have the QB, we have the arrogant defense, people already treat us like we are them.

Like, i'd take the whooole package to have the seahawks just own the next decade.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Hooray lions?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    i will say that the people of boston don't seem super sanguine about our chances against denver this time around

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Hooray lions?

Yeah, I don't even know if this is good or bad. He inherited Dungy's Manning team, right? Then Peyton missed that year because of the surgery, and it was the Curtis Painter shitshow. I can't even remember how long he was in Indy before getting the boot.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i will say that the people of boston don't seem super sanguine about our chances against denver this time around

You must be new to Boston sports.

I'll repeat what I said about 5 weeks ago:

We don't think we'll be in the playoffs halfway through the season.

If we do get to the playoffs we'll consider it a one and done.

If we win the Super Bowl we'll say we knew it the whole time.

I'll also repeat that we are the nega-Redskins fans. We are absolutely pessimistic despite having one of (if not the) best QB/Coach combos in the league.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Of the big four: NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL both championships won are by teams that no longer exist. Seattle has championships in other sports like MLS, WNBA, and NCAA. But not in MLB or NFL which are the big daddies. Been close but not yet.

And if we are not pessimistic enough already we know that we cannot be the Patriots 2.0 because every other team in our division is building a legit tough team. Rams are a QB and a piece or two away, Arizona the same. SF is SF. We get good and our division/conference is the toughest in football. Just figures. No coasting into the playoffs with a weak ass division for us.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Dumbest hire.

We need a guy who can adjust scheme based on players and then also make adjustments during the game.

Caldwell clearly can't do the first part of that based on the Ravens this year and the 2-14 Colts he coached.

Lions should have grabbed a promising college coach. Look how well it's worked for Seattle, SF, and Philly.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Well like I've been telling everyone at work, "If you want to win the Superbowl, you have to beat the best teams in the NFL. Unless you get super lucky like the 2007 Giants." :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Dumbest hire.

We need a guy who can adjust scheme based on players and then also make adjustments during the game.

Caldwell clearly can't do the first part of that based on the Ravens this year and the 2-14 Colts he coached.

Lions should have grabbed a promising college coach. Look how well it's worked for Seattle, SF, and Philly.

Caldwell was a college coach!

He went 26-63 at Wake Forest.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Wow thats... shit thats not good at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    God damnit, Lions.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Yeah, having that kind of record for an ACC Football team... isn't good. It's not like the competition in the state or division is a powerhouse of any kind.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Dumbest hire.

Caldwell was a college coach!

He went 26-63 at Wake Forest.

promising being the key word in my initial post

Caldwell is just the dumbest hire they could make. I literally don't get it.

• Options
    I mean, as a Packers fan, I'm relieved I can continue only worrying about da Bears.

As a person, I feel sad that the Lions organization hates its fans so much.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Yeah, having that kind of record for an ACC Football team... isn't good. It's not like the competition in the state or division is a powerhouse of any kind.

It was in the 90s, so Florida State was looming over the conference, but yeah. Jim Grobe at least consistently gets them to .500.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I mean, as a Packers fan, I'm relieved I can continue only worrying about da Bears.

As a person, I feel sad that the Lions organization hates its fans so much.

Its not so much as hates, as it knows they have no where else to go. Which symbolizes detroit in a nutshell.

pleasepaypreacher.net