huh.

so a guy in kind of the job i want is leaving

hmm.

HMM.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I don't think I'm capable of "falling in love" to the same degree as I was as a teenager. Perhaps a little life experience will always kind of inevitably make you detach yourself a bit from other people.

This is incorrect, but it's common to feel.

• Options
    I don't think I'm capable of "falling in love" to the same degree as I was as a teenager. Perhaps a little life experience will always kind of inevitably make you detach yourself a bit from other people.

i have never experienced this human emotion called love

wut about cheezburgr

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    You know what you must do.
    ubKFKh4.jpg

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    On the other hand

my roommate is bringing home guys while her boyfriend that she 'looooooooooooooves' is deployed over seas

Valentines Day she arranges this big bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table that he sent her

next night random dude in her room

i've only lived with her for a month so i dont know her guy or would bother to get involved with that situation even if i did since i'm the one who lives with her

but yeah it also makes me sick to my stomach

Fuck that, call his CO.

you want to drop it on a guy in a warzone that his gf is cheating on him?

i'd rather he focused on staying alive

No! Call his CO. Let the person who knows the guy's situation deal with it.

"Deployed overseas" might mean shifting crates in a warehouse in Germany.

yeah but if he's at a FOB that shit can be dangerous I dunno about this advice
    From what I understand soldiers being cheated on is incredibly common. I'm p sure the CO would know what to do and whether to pass it on or not. They most likely have experience.

Not every CO is a good CO, I'd be pretty uncomfortable about it. He's just as cheated on when he gets back.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    huh.

hmm.

HMM.

time to brown nose kk

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    gotta be honest

the two slices of tomato on 5 guys is 3much

1 slice plz

Also 2 single patty burgers is better than 1 double at 5guys.

• Options
    On the other hand

my roommate is bringing home guys while her boyfriend that she 'looooooooooooooves' is deployed over seas

Valentines Day she arranges this big bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table that he sent her

i've only lived with her for a month so i dont know her guy or would bother to get involved with that situation even if i did since i'm the one who lives with her

Fuck that, call his CO.

That is exactly why you tell his Commanding Officer.

Who is positioned to make judgments about how dangerous the guy's situation is, and what his mental state is like.

And who can make this decision in the best way.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    the trick is it's a role that i would have the resume for 2-3 years from now

maybe i can convince the group head to take me on his team in a junior role

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

i have never experienced this human emotion called love
    fiveguys_bacon_cheeseburger_01.jpg

what about now?

b-burger-chan...

[img][/img]MlIVBF7.png

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

From what I understand soldiers being cheated on is incredibly common. I'm p sure the CO would know what to do and whether to pass it on or not. They most likely have experience.

They probably have actual training for dealing with it.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    gotta be honest

the two slices of tomato on 5 guys is 3much

1 slice plz

Also 2 single patty burgers is better than 1 double at 5guys.

2 single patty from where

and when I go to 5 guys I usually get the "little" burger (read: normal fucking burger) with bacon lettuce tomato onion ketchup mustard pickles

it's p great

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    this swedish curling man is very good looking

would totes go gay for

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    huh.

hmm.

HMM.

keikaku?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    If the guy is your friend, you do have a moral obligation to tell him.

But if it's this girl's boyfriend who you've never met, while it's still not unreasonable to consider telling him (or his CO), you are not obliged to.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I mean, things are probably different in the military but if I had a top 5 list of people I didn't want being told about my girlfriend cheating on me with I think "my boss" would be like, 3 of those people.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    this also begs a new question

out of the countless girls i've hooked up with

how many of them had actual boyfriends?

i'm not aware of a single one that had an actual boyfriend at the time

but the odds of it presume at least SOME of them probably had a guy they were actively dating

whelp

in that case, i'd file it under "their problem not yours" in to 'ol conscience file

You can't really be held responsible for things people lie/don't tell you about.

Challenge accepted.

• Options
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

Not every CO is a good CO, I'd be pretty uncomfortable about it. He's just as cheated on when he gets back.

True, but he has a lot more money and no expectations of a happy reunion with the trick he thinks he's dating.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    huh.

hmm.

HMM.

time to brown nose kk
    Better idea, just start doing his job. Just move into his office and start doing it. After a couple months ask for the title and a raise. :D

• Options
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

They probably have actual training for dealing with it.

there's training on being middle management but there's a shitload of shitty middle managers

I mean there are probably a higher percentage of good COs to middle managers at any given company, or at least I would like to think so, but I don't see the point in rushing that info when there is a non zero chance of fucking the dude up worse than he needs to be in a potentially dangerous or at least isolated situation. You risk nothing by waiting till he's not deployed.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

Junior Assistant CFO

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    gooby is gonna be sucking so much d out by the dumpster.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    though seriously:
    I am bringing my bar kit, several different types of bitters, and at least a liter of simple syrup to boston.

If we stone soup the booze and citrus, the custom house should be bananas.

Are you sharing or....?

I will share with anyone so long as the booze is brought.
    I am not dragging a radio flyer wagon filled with hooch to boston.

• Options
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

True, but he has a lot more money and no expectations of a happy reunion with the trick he thinks he's dating.

possibly, but the whole plan just reeks a little to me of someone being super gung ho about doing the "right" thing and sticking it to that "trick" and I start thinking about what roads to hell are paved with.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

tell your boss you want it as a stretch assignment and see if s/he will talk to the other team leader

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    One thing that bugs me about working the triage office is that the front window has a big fuck-off sign that says quite clearly, "SIGN IN HERE" over the pile of clipboards , and yet people all day just come up to the window and stand there until I tell them what to do.

I've been to hospitals and dr's offices where no one will look at that list for like... 40 minutes.

I can see why they'd want to have someone acknowledge that they've arrived.

Hospitals are the worst about this. If it's not by ambulance it's obviously not critical!

As the guy next to me holds an open wound in his chest weeping blood because he lives like a mile from the hospital and walked there.

It is all about acknowledgment, isn't it?

People just want to know that someone is paying attention to them.

As for the ambulance thing, it's pretty unfair, but it's the way the system is set up. You can't hardly triage an ambulance patient into the waiting room, so they end up getting priority even when they shouldn't.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    How do I get invited to a private subreddit?

r/pentaho sounds like the motherfucking promised land, but I cant get to it.

@tehsloth
    @syndalis
    @feral
    @other nerds and BIG DATA types

Deebaser on
  • Options
    today is weigh in day at weight watchers

I am guessing 3.5 lbs lost in a week

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    If the guy is your friend, you do have a moral obligation to tell him.

But if it's this girl's boyfriend who you've never met, while it's still not unreasonable to consider telling him (or his CO), you are not obliged to.

There are consequences if EB involves himself and tattles; EB's roommate will hate him for ruining her relationship with her boyfriend. The boyfriend will be hurt by the roommate's betrayal.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I no longer understand this world

Ikaruga is up on steam. $10

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc and thom and bogart

I was reading through top lists of 2013 and stuff to see what I missed in comics recently and should check out

this fucking guy kept popping up for a comic called copra

he sells it via etsy (in runs of 400/issue)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/whitehaus?ref=l2-shopheader-name

and the tpb are all sold out too

ffffff I am so mad I want thiiiiiiiiiis

*giant hipster tears*

*props his feet up on a stack of hand-made comics zines from the LA Zine Fest*

As a comics hipster,

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I'm enjoying dead island

I mean, I'm playing it kind of compulsively but I'm not sure I'm having any fun

Also has that RPG problem where I'm not quite sure if the combat is really clunky or if it's just that my guy is very low level and has shitty starting weapons

• Options
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

possibly, but the whole plan just reeks a little to me of someone being super gung ho about doing the "right" thing and sticking it to that "trick" and I start thinking about what roads to hell are paved with.

I don't think it's ever good to be party to a lie or a breach of trust. "If you kept my bullshit secret, this bad thing wouldn't have happened" isn't compelling to me.

In all cases, the blame for that bad thing falls on the liar, not on the one who exposed it.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    what's next, steam? You going to give me pc versions of Breath of Fire III and IV?

• Options
    japan wrote: »

Also has that RPG problem where I'm not quite sure if the combat is really clunky or if it's just that my guy is very low level and has shitty starting weapons

here let me help you figure this out

dead island is a real bad game

do you like playing bad games?

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

There are three levels in Dead Island: the beach and resort, the nearby city and the sewers, and the jungle. The first level in the resort is the best part of the game so if you're not having fun now, hang it up and play another game; things don't improve.

• Options

My knife broke after stabbing less than a dozen zombies in the face. At that point I turned the game off.
    Durability in zombie games is a stupid mechanic.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    what's next, steam? You going to give me pc versions of Breath of Fire III and IV?

DO

WANT

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    *props his feet up on a stack of hand-made comics zines from the LA Zine Fest*

As a comics hipster,

the comics shop I went to on Monday was totes hip

about half of it was dedicated to vinyl records or little quarterly journals or hand made comics

the image comics were stuffed ignobly in with valiant comics to save space

This discussion has been closed.