Options

[chat]en tenders for lunch

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    apparently being homophobic is literally bad for your health

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    The only time I ever cheated on anyone I wound up marrying the girl I was cheating with. I don't really know how to feel about that.

Same here. The beginning of my relationship with my wife was a cheating situation. So yeah, In the end we ended up in a long lasting marriage. But holy shit did it make the beginning our relationship hell. Just hell. It would have saved me years of grief if I'd just played by the rules.

In my case, neither of us slept with each other before we started dating, it was just seeing each other and talking and above-the-waist action. My current relationship was imploding (my girlfriend at the time ended up coming out to me as gay, ha ha), and hers was as well, and within a few months of us beginning our "affair" we were both single again and immediately started dating. And then got married six months later.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    the anarchy/democracy mechanic that's been added to twitch plays pokemon is fascinating

when it flips to democracy players have been ....protesting? the change by voting start9, which hits the start button 9 times (when it wins) and is in effect a passive action

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    apparently being homophobic is literally bad for your health

cosmic justice?

cosmic justice.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    AUGH

Don't cheat guys

It is a bad way to go

Relatedly, beware becoming sloppy drunk when ladies are aggressively coming into you

You may discover a level of thoughtlessness you did not know you possessed

And then you are a superdouche

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Men beating up the guys who sleep with their missus isn't about assigning blame, it's about male feelings of ownership, public image, following established routes of action, feeling emasculated or whatever and so forth.

No it's not. It's about getting revenge, about getting even with a guy who wronged you. It may not be the most noble of sentiments, but it's definitely one we can all understand and relate to. Well, all of us who won't sit in chat and lie about having never had an urge to beat the crap out of someone who's wronged us badly in some way.

And being upset that your girlfriend/wife cheated on you to the point you'd feel violent has nothing to do with "male feelings of ownership" of women. Trust and faithfulness in a relationship is not ownership, and the devastating hurt you feel when that trust is betrayed in the most horrible way by the person you entrusted the most is not due to some archaic established male-female power relation.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    WHO MENTIONED YOUNG AVENGERS? IT IS AMAZING!

Also Hawkeye.

I want more comics like these. Made by Marvel.

Please advise!

Bogart Jacobkosh Thomamelas

@Poshniallo

Hawkeye is pretty amazing right now. Current stuff I'm enjoying from Marvel: Wolverine and the X-Men. While Scott is off being all serious Mutant terrorist, Wolverine is trying to restart the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. It's a light hearted fun X-man book that's has a nice silly side to it. Superior Spiderman is more serious but excellent.

• Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    On the other hand

my roommate is bringing home guys while her boyfriend that she 'looooooooooooooves' is deployed over seas

Valentines Day she arranges this big bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table that he sent her

next night random dude in her room

i've only lived with her for a month so i dont know her guy or would bother to get involved with that situation even if i did since i'm the one who lives with her

but yeah it also makes me sick to my stomach

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The true detective soundtrack is so dang good and shows off the prettiness of southern music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TviI6bhwRM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk7K1sabE9A

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Also I know this is a touchy thing around here.

But if I know a friend is being cheated on?

I'm going to tell them.

Fuck that it's not my place shit. I'd want to know. So I'm doing the same for them.

Absolutely.

My best friend is in a situation right now.

His g/f is the complete opposite of him, she bar hops, hangs off of guys (it seems). He's a quiet introvert that likes to stay home after getting off work and relax. Their relationship seems like a convenience thing. I have no idea if it's open, the next time I am alone with him I'm going to confront him about it and see where they are and just be like, "I'm sorry to bring it up, I'm just watching your back like a bro is supposed to."

If they're in an open relationship, more power to them for knowing what they want.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    the anarchy/democracy mechanic that's been added to twitch plays pokemon is fascinating

when it flips to democracy players have been ....protesting? the change by voting start9, which hits the start button 9 times (when it wins) and is in effect a passive action

Twitch pokemon proves that only totalitarianism can bring order

• Options
    desc plugging my tumblr

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    The only time I ever cheated on anyone I wound up marrying the girl I was cheating with. I don't really know how to feel about that.

Same here. The beginning of my relationship with my wife was a cheating situation. So yeah, In the end we ended up in a long lasting marriage. But holy shit did it make the beginning our relationship hell. Just hell. It would have saved me years of grief if I'd just played by the rules.

In my case, neither of us slept with each other before we started dating, it was just seeing each other and talking and above-the-waist action. My current relationship was imploding (my girlfriend at the time ended up coming out to me as gay, ha ha), and hers was as well, and within a few months of us beginning our "affair" we were both single again and immediately started dating. And then got married six months later.

in this situation p much everyone would say "you should have broekn up with your old gf" and yeah that would be the most logical thing to do

but life isn't that simple, these situations are never as clear cut from the inside

i guess i try to steer clear of making blanket moral judgement on other peoples situations

i wasn't there, i didn't go through it, who am i to judge?

it really is one of those "it's easy to predict the score when the game is over" type situations

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    AUGH

Don't cheat guys

It is a bad way to go

Relatedly, beware becoming sloppy drunk when ladies are aggressively coming into you

hehehe

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I'd put pretty much all the blame on the person doing the cheating personally, it's no ones job to preserve the sanctity of someone elses marriage

I disagree with this. Marriage is a social institution, and we do have a moral duty not to be a party to its destruction. That awful behavior harms everyone, and the other man/woman is a despicable person for engaging in it.

Then we shall have to agree to disagree.

Like I said I'm not advocating it as a positive course of action, or even morally neutral all things speaking. Obviously it's situational, breaking up happy homes on purpose is pretty scummy, there's a million and one factors to take into account.

But, the other man/woman didn't stand on the altar and take a vow. Call it a social institution if you like, it's as useful a term as any but bandying about terms like "moral duty" to preserve other peoples marriages is pretty subjective. You'll find a lot of people who don't feel like they took on or accepted that responsibility.

It's not like it's a law you have to obey. It's a moral judgement, which of course is subjective.

Nod

It is definitely a moral judgment.

Consider, though: When you (in the general case, obviously!) make the subjective moral judgment to put yourself in the group of people who just want to get their dicks wet / trim stuffed and don't give a damn who they hurt in the process, you are going to be judged harshly by the people who disagree with that decision. It is going to impact your life.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    AUGH

Don't cheat guys

It is a bad way to go

yeah

even as a serial monogamist I know better than to put myself in dangerous situations

One time I was out with friends (sans wife) at a club and no one in my group wanted to dance so I went out on the (empty) dance floor by myself and just started grooving. This cute girl in a red dress came up and started dancing with me. I maintained a solid 5 feet of separation at all times and then excused myself at the end of the song.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I mean unless the duder was a friend.

Then you can totes punch the shit out of him because wtf bro?

That harkens back to something I had mentioned in [chat] a while ago.

Back in college my wife was friends with a guy in her class. Dude was really friendly, to the point of even offering to help her pay bills and stuff which set off an alarm with me. Rather than go all posesive and stuff I emailed him calmly and explained my feelings and such and he seemed to genuinely understand.

A few years later we had moved to where we are now and my wife went back to the college town to visit friends, him being on of them. As it turns out, he tried to tell her he had been in love with her and basically was trying to convince her to have an affair with him or leave me. Pissed me the fuck off when I found out. Like, to the point I was about ready to drive down there after I found out about it (months later) and beat the crap out of him.

To this day though I don't trust him, nor do I think I ever will (even though my wife tells me he is with someone now). This was the same guy I think last year that wanted to meet my wife for coffee since he was going to be driving through our city on his way home at like midnight or something. I've told her now that if I ever see him, the most likely outcome is going to be me putting my fist into his face.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Hmmm

finished testing my thing -- I am pleased -- but it requires documentation

can not motivate self

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    desc plugging my tumblr

tumblr_n0hqr1gia01qbn7hbo1_500.jpg

HAT

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    WHO MENTIONED YOUNG AVENGERS? IT IS AMAZING!

Also Hawkeye.

I want more comics like these. Made by Marvel.

Please advise!

Bogart Jacobkosh Thomamelas

@Poshniallo

Hawkeye is pretty amazing right now. Current stuff I'm enjoying from Marvel: Wolverine and the X-Men. While Scott is off being all serious Mutant terrorist, Wolverine is trying to restart the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. It's a light hearted fun X-man book that's has a nice silly side to it. Superior Spiderman is more serious but excellent.

She hulk #1 last week had a similar smaller stakes / low key vibe sort of similar to hawkeye.

Too early do tell how the series will develop but pulido is a good artist for this.

Young avengers and superior Spider-man are both really well-regarded practically universally right now. Young avengers particularly seems to appeal both to CBR types and tumblr types alike.

P.S. Everyone should read Prophet

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I don't give much of a shit about "the sanctity of marriage as a societal institution", but I do think you have an obligation as part of the social contract to think about how your actions affect others. Dating someone who you know is married? Pretty shitty thing to do.

• Options
    On the other hand

my roommate is bringing home guys while her boyfriend that she 'looooooooooooooves' is deployed over seas

Valentines Day she arranges this big bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table that he sent her

i've only lived with her for a month so i dont know her guy or would bother to get involved with that situation even if i did since i'm the one who lives with her

Fuck that, call his CO.

• Options
    desc plugging my tumblr

Eddy don't even look at my tumblr right now

All I am following is this weird mishmash of straight guy stuff and I need to take stick of what I am doing

I haven't been re logging or posting anything

I need to get back into screencapping movies and stuff

• Options
    I don't give much of a shit about "the sanctity of marriage as a societal institution", but I do think you have an obligation as part of the social contract to think about how your actions affect others. Dating someone who you know is married? Pretty shitty thing to do.

Seems like the same thing to me

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    getting mad about stuff is so plebeian

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    I'd put pretty much all the blame on the person doing the cheating personally, it's no ones job to preserve the sanctity of someone elses marriage

I disagree with this. Marriage is a social institution, and we do have a moral duty not to be a party to its destruction. That awful behavior harms everyone, and the other man/woman is a despicable person for engaging in it.

Then we shall have to agree to disagree.

Like I said I'm not advocating it as a positive course of action, or even morally neutral all things speaking. Obviously it's situational, breaking up happy homes on purpose is pretty scummy, there's a million and one factors to take into account.

But, the other man/woman didn't stand on the altar and take a vow. Call it a social institution if you like, it's as useful a term as any but bandying about terms like "moral duty" to preserve other peoples marriages is pretty subjective. You'll find a lot of people who don't feel like they took on or accepted that responsibility.

It's not like it's a law you have to obey. It's a moral judgement, which of course is subjective.

Nod

It is definitely a moral judgment.

Consider, though: When you (in the general case, obviously!) make the subjective moral judgment to put yourself in the group of people who just want to get their dicks wet / trim stuffed and don't give a damn who they hurt in the process, you are going to be judged harshly by the people who disagree with that decision. It is going to impact your life.

thats life i suppose, actions have consequences

i don't have a lot of sympathy for people who do bad things and suffer fallout

• Options
    I mean unless the duder was a friend.

Then you can totes punch the shit out of him because wtf bro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjj0ltf5Src

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    getting mad about stuff is so plebeian

zeus would have that opinion on this topic wouldn't he

• Options
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

you want to drop it on a guy in a warzone that his gf is cheating on him?

i'd rather he focused on staying alive

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

I literally know nothing about the guy other than he's somewhere in Africa

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

I totally dated a girl who was married

Married to an Indian man for (iirc) $30k so that he could get a green card

She didn't live with him, but they were friends

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    AUGH

Don't cheat guys

It is a bad way to go

as a superdouche...

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Richy wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Men beating up the guys who sleep with their missus isn't about assigning blame, it's about male feelings of ownership, public image, following established routes of action, feeling emasculated or whatever and so forth.

No it's not. It's about getting revenge, about getting even with a guy who wronged you. It may not be the most noble of sentiments, but it's definitely one we can all understand and relate to. Well, all of us who won't sit in chat and lie about having never had an urge to beat the crap out of someone who's wronged us badly in some way.

And being upset that your girlfriend/wife cheated on you to the point you'd feel violent has nothing to do with "male feelings of ownership" of women. Trust and faithfulness in a relationship is not ownership, and the devastating hurt you feel when that trust is betrayed in the most horrible way by the person you entrusted the most is not due to some archaic established male-female power relation.

So I guess you saw that first bit of my post, fell into a blind, violent rage and didn't bother reading further?

Want to add some bits there to take the place of the 'whatever and so forth'? Go right ahead. The point I was addressing was someone saying going after the other guy was weird because he wasn't the only one to blame.

• Options
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

you want to drop it on a guy in a warzone that his gf is cheating on him?

i'd rather he focused on staying alive

I don't think everyone deployed is in a warzone?

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

I totally dated a girl who was married

Married to an Indian man for (iirc) $30k so that he could get a green card

She didn't live with him, but they were friends

also, jesus

• Options
    AUGH

Don't cheat guys

It is a bad way to go

yeah

even as a serial monogamist I know better than to put myself in dangerous situations

One time I was out with friends (sans wife) at a club and no one in my group wanted to dance so I went out on the (empty) dance floor by myself and just started grooving. This cute girl in a red dress came up and started dancing with me. I maintained a solid 5 feet of separation at all times and then excused myself at the end of the song.

jay-dap-o.gif

• Options
    Right now I am casually dating someone in the fashion world and it makes me feel weird in a good way to discuss fashion in real life rather than sipping on yoo-hoo in the dark, looking at tumblr pictures of women in jewel-encrusted margiela masks

• Options
    human ... intimacy?

beep boop i just want to marry my computer pls society understand

• Options
    Right now I am casually dating someone in the fashion world and it makes me feel weird in a good way to discuss fashion in real life rather than sipping on yoo-hoo in the dark, looking at tumblr pictures of women in jewel-encrusted margiela masks

this

this right here

this is why i love [chat]

This discussion has been closed.