As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Final Fantasy Tactics: The Durai Report - Day 8: Victory for the MrBlarney Stone!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Doesn't private seering bedlam also allow the squires to see his actions?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Yes, but I'm not sure what that would gain us.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Yes, but I'm not sure what that would gain us.

Knowledge of what a crazy demon guy can do if we fail to kill him, particularly since a) he's claiming Athan and b) Ardor has admitted that the mafia are hard to kill.

Just needing to hit him twice seems like it's not going to finish the job.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Not sure how much it helps to say since the mafia have very low numbers but in the games they had "normal" jobs until they transformed into demons, so anything we unlock also benefits the mafia, although to a lesser extend due to their lower numbers. Although some future jobs may be able to do things with very small or no groups?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    It's possible killing the demon is something that is unlocked at the holy knight or mystic jobs, but I agree that finding the other 3 mafia are probably more important than finishing off bedlam. If his power is invincible to the vote I doubt he has that many other powers

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Not sure how much it helps to say since the mafia have very low numbers but in the games they had "normal" jobs until they transformed into demons, so anything we unlock also benefits the mafia, although to a lesser extend due to their lower numbers. Although some future jobs may be able to do things with very small or no groups?

My assumption is that we want as many unlocks as possible as soon as possible due to Knight's obvious action efficiency, which we've totally missed the bus on so far and is hurting us today.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Excuse my ignorance, but what's an Athan?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but what's an Athan?

A role from The Phalliad who was immune to normal means of attack.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Also worth noting, Bedlam may be the only mafia able to transform, given that we are only talking about one power stone. Just a thought.

@JPants from the Phalla Signup Thread
    Bandwagon wrote: »
    • Conditional Invincibility (Athan) - a (usually evil) person who is invincible until something happens. The role Athan from the Phalliad is the best known example.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Some thoughts:
    Kime was the number 2 red vote right up until the end. Bedlam voted for himself earlier, and then the last 3 votes were KristmasKthulhu, jdark, and ebum switched their votes to Bedlam. At the very least the KK vote is highly suspect as he pointed out that Bedlam "apparently wanted the vote". jdark was also the target of the failed seering last night, for what that's worth.

Options:
    We can try to increment the successful blocks by having chemists guard the 2nd place vote, or we can aim the 2nd place vote at one of the people who voted for Bedlam (i'm leaning towards KK or Jdark).
    If we aim the 2nd place vote at a suspect, we can have the chemists aim a kill at Bedlam instead, so we'd be aiming 2 kills at Bedlam.

Squires can either try and seer someone again (again, pref KK or Jdark) or, if the chemists are guarding, we can have the squires aim a kill at Bedlam so we'd be aiming 2 kills at Bedlam. Or we can seer Bedlam in hopes of being able to kill him after. This last option seems like a waste until we try to hit Bedlam with a shot or 2 to see what happens.

• Options
    Wait wait.

Jdark wasn't seered?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Wait wait.

Jdark wasn't seered?

No, they managed not to get 9 squires seering him. It's one of the reasons I've been insisting we should check the deaths out, and also why I suspect there were more mafia squires.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Wait wait.

Jdark wasn't seered?

Too many inactives or mafia have some way of blocking people's private votes/actions. Probably the former.
    If squires want to group up to coordinate seer target tonight, send me a PM. Preda was organizing it before but obviously he didn't live long.
    Also, if someone doesn't want the rest of the squires to know that they are a squire, I can keep that info private. Might even be safer that way. If we can get 10 people who don't know each other, all seering the same person, then when that person comes back green, we've got someone to organize the seers, and if they come back red, all it takes is one person to speak up and out the person. Unfortunately that's a big *if*, based on last nights "results".

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Can someone explain to me how switching the vote at the last minute to a mafia makes me suspicious?

I'm inclined to believe we're missing a requirement to killing Bedlam, so I say we throw everything at him and see what sticks. I'm also of the opinion that trying to get more than 2 private actions done tonight is doomed to failure due to inactivity or misunderstanding or just plain old fuckmuppetry.

That said, I think trying to use the second red vote with the intent of finding another mafia works against the village's interests since we don't even know whether we can kill them yet. It is my view that private guarding the second place red vote and private seering Bedlam is our best course of action right now.

• Options
    Can someone explain to me how switching the vote at the last minute to a mafia makes me suspicious?

I'm inclined to believe we're missing a requirement to killing Bedlam, so I say we throw everything at him and see what sticks. I'm also of the opinion that trying to get more than 2 private actions done tonight is doomed to failure due to inactivity or misunderstanding or just plain old fuckmuppetry.

That said, I think trying to use the second red vote with the intent of finding another mafia works against the village's interests since we don't even know whether we can kill them yet. It is my view that private guarding the second place red vote and private seering Bedlam is our best course of action right now.

Bedlam clearly knew what would happen if he died, so you helped turn him into a scary demon guy, which is what we call a "bad outcome."

It is also pretty suspicious.

• Options
    I find it hard to believe that a mafia would trade being hidden for some powers, when they would get those powers upon being attacked anyway later.

• Options
    I find it hard to believe that a mafia would trade being hidden for some powers, when they would get those powers upon being attacked anyway later.

Depending on how hard he is to kill, and what kind of abilities he gains, i could totally see it being worth it. Plus Bedlam started the votes on himself. I don't see him doing that unless he actually wanted to get attacked.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I reckon we should private seer MrT tomorrow. Or kill him today. Because he is mafia.

Anyway, just a point, if Bedlam is completely overstating how strong he is, we might waste the private seer today if we kill him before it lands.
    But still, we've got to try to kill the demon at some point.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Or we could follow normal phalla rules and Ignore Outed Mafia, and try and use the vote to find the rest of them

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Or we could follow normal phalla rules and Ignore Outed Mafia, and try and use the vote to find the rest of them

Red vote Bedlam + suspected mafia, chemists/knight Private kill on Bedlam (just in case), squires private seer on other suspected mafia.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »

Depending on how hard he is to kill, and what kind of abilities he gains, i could totally see it being worth it. Plus Bedlam started the votes on himself. I don't see him doing that unless he actually wanted to get attacked.

On the other hand, have you played with Bedlam? He's like a more unstable kime.

My general philosophy, given that there are so few mafia is that buying time and unlocking more powerful roles is a purely good thing for the village. Traditional Phalla rules lead to the village should always be controlling kills metric, which is why I'm no as suspicious of MrT quite yet. Though I think seering him to make sure is not a bad idea.

We do need to get a second place target relatively soon so that we can make sure the guardings and what not happen accurately. If we're still agreed on this plan. I think guarding second place is fine through tomorrow, hopefully by then we'll have been organized enough to get some seerings going and we'll still be up ~20-4 with at least one mafia known. The other thing with guarding is that with the actions of as few as 6 people tonight we can guard four people. That's pretty solid.

As for Bedlam, never trust an outed mafia. I think it's definitely worth spending a kill on him, possibly two kills if we can really get organized. If it doesn't permanently kill him, we'll have to investigate other options.

Does the knight's special ability count as a successful block if they're attacked?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MrT has been acting pretty darn mafia, it's true.

• Options
    I would prefer the seer but your guys' call.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Anyway, just a point, if Bedlam is completely overstating how strong he is, we might waste the private seer today if we kill him before it lands.
    But still, we've got to try to kill the demon at some point.

Just another reason not to waste our seer!

• Options
    Vote Bedlam / MrT, guard someone else who's making more useful contributions with the public guard, imo. We can assume the mafia will continue to try to gack known organizers.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Vote Bedlam / MrT, guard someone else who's making more useful contributions with the public guard, imo. We can assume the mafia will continue to try to gack known organizers.

Wouldn't be very helpful towards the unlocking goal which you seem to aspire to so greatly.

• Options

Wouldn't be very helpful towards the unlocking goal which you seem to aspire to so greatly.

Beats the heck out of the confusion-sowing "Hey I am totes village I just disagree," tactic you're employing.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Well, if I remeber the game, demons are normal people until the main characters figure they aren't then they transform into powerful creatures. Could it be that the mafia are normal people until they are seered then they become fully powered? Im guessing we are going to see more deaths tonight.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Stifling dissent is generally not the best option either. Y'all should calm down.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular

Bedlam clearly knew what would happen if he died, so you helped turn him into a scary demon guy, which is what we call a "bad outcome."

I NOMINATE Auralynx FOR OUR SECOND KILL BECAUSE SUGGESTING IN ANY WAY THAT MAFIA GETTING OUTED IS SOME XANATOS ROULETTE ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU I'M SO GODDAMN SMART PLOY IS PRETTY MUCH ALWAYS BULLSHIT. IT WAS BULLSHIT IN PHALLAKINETIC AND IT'S BULLSHIT HERE. HE JUST NEEDS A BIT OF EXTRA STABBING.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU

Note: Keikaku means plan.

• Options
    I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Im loving this plan.

Cant wait to tell you guys "I told you so", tomorrow.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Im loving this plan.

5/10. Predictable, but a classic. Needs improvement

jpants for second!

• Options
    Im loving this plan.

NO SERIOUSLY SHUT THE FUCK UP WE ARE NOT FALLING FOR THIS FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME. I KNOW WE DID IT IN PHALLAKINETIC. I DON'T REMEMBER OVER WHO THOUGH. WAS IT THE PSYCHIC BIO ENGINEERED DEATH BEAST? IT PROBABLY WAS.

OH WE HAVE AN OUTED NASTY, LETS INVENT REASONS WHY THIS SOMEHOW DOESN'T MEAN "KILL THE FUCK OUT OF IT" UNTIL WE DISAPPEAR UP OUR OWN ASSES AND VANISH IN A PUFF OF LOGIC. THAT HASN'T BITTEN US IN OUR METAPHORICAL ASS EVERY TIME OR ANYTHING.

• Options
    I think I've given a pretty strong reason for dissent, which no one has cared to address.

Maybe I should just stop caring and just sit this one out.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular

Not sure if stupid... or actively malicious...

I want to say the former because it lacks any kind of finesse. Same for Jpants.

As for MrT, do you mean your motion to private seer someone other than Bedlam? As far as I know, there's no consensus on what Squires are doing tonight, so feel free to submit someone to use a private Squire action on, and people can discuss. I believe you mentioned you're analyzing Preda's corpse, so I'll check Obifett's. The village doesn't really have any other direction at the moment.

• Options
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Im loving this plan.

NO SERIOUSLY SHUT THE FUCK UP WE ARE NOT FALLING FOR THIS FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME. I KNOW WE DID IT IN PHALLAKINETIC. I DON'T REMEMBER OVER WHO THOUGH. WAS IT THE PSYCHIC BIO ENGINEERED DEATH BEAST? IT PROBABLY WAS.

OH WE HAVE AN OUTED NASTY, LETS INVENT REASONS WHY THIS SOMEHOW DOESN'T MEAN "KILL THE FUCK OUT OF IT" UNTIL WE DISAPPEAR UP OUR OWN ASSES AND VANISH IN A PUFF OF LOGIC. THAT HASN'T BITTEN US IN OUR METAPHORICAL ASS EVERY TIME OR ANYTHING.

Except I'm not inventing reasons not to kill Bedlam. I'm just suggesting that we seer him as well in case bringing the house does not work... in a game where the host has explicitly called this out as a small but resilient mafia, and he's solicited being Day 1'd knowing, one would hope, what would result. And had it granted to him by a couple of people we can reasonably also be suspicious of via a late vote-move.

... and also that we kill MrT, who is giving off an enormous, earth-shaking m-vibe. He's even doing the thing where he doesn't technically lie or dispute anything.

• Options
    Tank LFG Graveyard of Airships

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Tank LFG Graveyard of Airships

Busy trolling Gariland chat while waiting for my auctions to sell, soz.