"I'll just adjust a few more pieces then go to bed..."

*later...*

"Why is it so bright in here?

Is that the sun?

Dammit I did it again..."

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Where is a good place to purchase street base plates for cheap?

It's time to get my town on.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Just get yourself some Kragle and you're all set.

YOU MONSTER!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Where is a good place to purchase street base plates for cheap?

It's time to get my town on.

Probably somewhere between eBay and Bricklink.com, depends on if you have the patience for auctioneering or not, as well as the day.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Not as a set itself but it's from the Arkham Asylum set.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Tach wrote: »
    So after seeing the LEGO Movie, I'm diving in and ordering the Metalbeard set from Amazon. I can't go overboard & buy everything, so he'll have to tide me over until the Ghostbusters set comes out.

Well... Maybe a small set or two now and again.

IT BEGINS

A friend gave my wife & I sets for our birthdays last year- I'm shamed that my LOTR Shelob w/Frodo & Sam is still in a box- as is her Werewolf Attack.

Need to clear some shelf space.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I missed the boat on getting an Iron Patriot minifig. Head to eBay and spotted a few suspiciously cheap ones from China. Did a lil' investigating, turns out there's a buncha fake Iron Man figs available, to pad out your collection of armors.

10781823076_dbacfe1b46.jpg

They look pretty good. And the price for a set of all 6 equals that of one legit Iron Patriot fig. Honestly tempted. AFAIK, the two on the bottom right are totally unavailable in a legit form.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Wow that iron patriot minifig is $30 on bricklink.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah. I do have the Hulk minifig though! He's equally rare. ;D

He's just. Not so imposing after acquiring a Hulk bigfig.

lego-hulk-minifigure-25.jpg

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Yeah, one of my kids really really wanted a Robin minifig, and buying a legit one is about five times more expensive than buying a clone from eBay, so given how much allowance he has it wasn't a very difficult decision -- I feel sort of bad about it but given how much money we've spent on Lego otherwise I don't think they'll notice.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have a legit Iron Patriot. He it pretty rad.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    I do not have the Iron Man Malibu Mansion set but I know that when I get it I will have to find the other two minifigs for the other armor suits pictured so I can have the set in Tony Stark's house.

Goddamn you Lego.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I want a second mansion set to combine to make a double sized mansion with even more suit storage.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    I also have that minifig-Hulk. I prefer it to the big Hulk because to get that big Hulk I'd have to buy a set that doesn't interest me.
    I suppose I could just buy it on Bricklink, but I've been using all my 'buy minifigures off the internet fund' for Kreo Transformers. And I fear if I start buying minifigs from Bricklink it will lead me to buy hundreds of them probably from every line Lego have done and that can get expensive!
    Talking of minifigures, does anyone know when the Simpsons series of people is out?

• Options
    Do it properly!

ironman-hall.jpg

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Those can't all be real. Those aren't all real right? They're fake right? I was going to suggest Timspork had a problem but that...that...that is just. Something else.

• Options
    Still searching for a cheap PJ Emmet.

• Options
    Still searching for a cheap PJ Emmet.

Good luck.

• Options
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I'm just now getting back into things after not playing with Legos for at least 12 years. I am going to retrieve my Lego bucket & 5 piece ship hull this weekend and start working on either a ramshackle pirate boat or proper navy vessel.

Obviously there are some specific pieces I need (masts, sails, cannons, and rigging for starters). Would you guys suggest using Ebay? Bricklink? Lego's official site?

• Options

Nah. Pj emmet has two unique faces.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Who wants Lego Assassin's Creed minifigs? Whelp, too bad...

Assassin's Creed Mega Bloks Set Infiltrates the Toy Aisle

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Every time MegaBloks picks up a new license I cry. Because they have awesome licenses but their products suuuuuuuck.

• Options
    An 18+ murder simulator seems a strange franchise to leverage in a construction toy format...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    An 18+ murder simulator seems a strange franchise to leverage in a construction toy format...

They've had Halo toys too.

Which is still weird to think about.

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    If you want an Assassin's Creed set you could get pretty close by painting a mini-fig white and then buying a Castle, Pirate, Architecture, or City set.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

They've had Halo toys too.

Which is still weird to think about.

Halo at least has vehicles and an aesthetic in line with GI Joe and similar media. I'm not sure how they'll be able to milk AC though. I doubt they can use taglines like "Cesare Borgio is meeting up with his sister Lucretia for incestuous no pants time in the armory tower. Help Ezio sneak across the roof to continue his decades long vendetta and steal a key from Lucretia's undergarments!" in their marketing materials.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod

Next up: God of War.

Collect all three hot naked lesbian sex-slave minifigs!

Get Kratos in two flavors: pre- and post-wearing-the-ashes-of-his-murdered-family!

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    Megabloks sounds pretty rad now.

Guys.... Guys, there's money in the bank and a sea cow in my online shopping cart... I'm scared.

PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Every time MegaBloks picks up a new license I cry. Because they have awesome licenses but their products suuuuuuuck.

Their product used to outright suck, but now I'd say the kits are just inferior, on the whole. And the minifigs are remarkable. Cheap, well articulated, detailed little sculpts. Sets, I'd pick lego any day, but the Mega Bloks figs are great, and they've been improving.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So I saw it. Pretty awesome

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »

Their product used to outright suck, but now I'd say the kits are just inferior, on the whole. And the minifigs are remarkable. Cheap, well articulated, detailed little sculpts. Sets, I'd pick lego any day, but the Mega Bloks figs are great, and they've been improving.

They had the Marvel license for a bit, I bought two blind-packs and got Iron Man (two different ones, ugh). The quality was terrible.

From a distance I actually like their Halo stuff, but not enough to buy it.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So I saw it. Pretty awesome

Congratz on passing the 'Do I have a soul' test.

:)

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    the Taskmaster from the new Hulk set has a molded white hood so Assassin's Creed lego figs are easier than ever!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Last year's big push from Mega Bloks was Call of Duty.

Let that settle in a bit.

In Lego news, my shop at home order came in! Delorian, here we come!

I padded out my purchase with some blind bags (basically shipping would've been the same)... naturally, the first two I open are Bad Cop and Taco Tuesday guy, so I now have 3 of each of those, and 3 more bags to go...

Emmit, Lord Business, Emmit.

So one new fig that quickly I got doubles of.

Yup. Done with blind bags, gonna see if I can sell/trade my dupes. :)

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I have a handful of the Halo Mega Bloks and the quality seems fine to me. I love the elephant.
    unsc-elephant-96942-1375.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Guys I went to walmart today and you will not believe this. The aisle was actually in some semblance of order. Each box was neatly organized. The warzone of a bygone age was long gone. They had sets in the store I have *never* seen at that wal-mart. Today's pickups:

00_150.jpg.jpg

60057?$main$

70811?$main$

finally my wal-mart got the exclusive set it is supposed to have. They also had a bunch of new City sets I'm interested in mainly the police dog chase. Still can't find Helicopter Arrest anywhere. They also had the ninja turtles legos which I haven't seen anywhere but Target.

I'm still debating on this. They had the Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout for $35 clearanced. That is 50% off. The theme has zero interest for me, but I wouldn't mind some cowboy minifig bodies or some of those unique pistols the sets have. Really tempted to go back for that one but I can't make up my mind.

Shogun on
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    I bought the Sea Cow, if I don't post next week when it arrives it means my girlfriend finally snapped and I may be in danger. Send help.

PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    the Taskmaster from the new Hulk set has a molded white hood so Assassin's Creed lego figs are easier than ever!

If you go to your 'build a minifig' section of your local Lego shop, they have them there, too, assuming you just want minifight. You can get bows, crossbows, swords, etc too.