As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Turnabout [Chat]

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I was out in the garden in the sun yesterday

Clearing hedgery and turning over beds

Turns out my unsuccessful fennel has put down enormous taproots so we'll give that another season and see how it does

I also have several kilos of foxglove root if any has a burning desire to refine large quantities of digitalis

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Is it still winter in the US?

it's still winter in the whole Northern Hemisphere! But as for the weather itself, I have no idea. The rapid changes have numbed me. On Monday, it was 20F (so like -7C) and snowing and icing everywhere. Today it was 65F (around 19C) and sunny.

I am at the point where I just throw open my front door in my boxers in the morning, proudly displaying my hairy gut to passing traffic, then close it and decide what to wear for the day based on the disposition of my nipples.

I dont think your neighbors or passing school children appreciate that Jacob

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Is it still winter in the US?

it's still winter in the whole Northern Hemisphere! But as for the weather itself, I have no idea. The rapid changes have numbed me. On Monday, it was 20F (so like -7C) and snowing and icing everywhere. Today it was 65F (around 19C) and sunny.

I am at the point where I just throw open my front door in my boxers in the morning, proudly displaying my hairy gut to passing traffic, then close it and decide what to wear for the day based on the disposition of my nipples.

I dont think your neighbors or passing school children appreciate that Jacob

But the google car will.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Watching The Untouchables

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I've been doing so much thinking lately. It has a huge affect on my appetite. Before I was all "eh, breakfast/lunch - I can take it or leave it". Now I'm like "I wIll EAT ALL THE THINGS"/

• Options
    geeze

I saw that coming and I'm still in shock

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I've been doing so much thinking lately. It has a huge affect on my appetite. Before I was all "eh, breakfast/lunch - I can take it or leave it". Now I'm like "I wIll EAT ALL THE THINGS"/

why hav u been thinking u shud probably stop that immediately before u injure urslef

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

why hav u been thinking u shud probably stop that immediately before u injure urslef

I agree. It's a dangerous pastime.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    and then they were three

and the
    accountant
    makes four

Sean Connery should work with Costner more often.

edit: I do like the dramatic irony here
    the accountant is running around, talking tax returns and finances. Naturally, he's ignored.

edit x2: awesome, Billy Drago is in this.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP

I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    maybe it's just the hair (period piece and all), but Costner is giving me Chris Evans vibes

• Options
    I have decided to have lunch at 1140 because fuck it

Also because eating breakfast at this time would be madness

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I have briefly toyed with the Hawken Early Access.

So far, it is really bland. This makes me sad.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    hah

untouchables
    the accountant is a badass; who knew?

edit: and Connery is amazing.

Tamin on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP

I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

That song is so spot on. Also, the key change is fucking fantastic, I still laugh at it every time.

• Options
    yeah, ok, not just me

chris evans does look a bit like the younger kevin costner

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    yeah, ok, not just me

chris evans does look a bit like the younger kevin costner

J7eQz39.jpg

4PG77TF.jpg

I don't see it

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I don't know why, but this made me laugh so hard

• Options
    might have the wrong Chris Evans, there, Mojo
    ...and then there were two. Why didn't the beat cop shoot the assassin?

yes, I'm pretty much ignoring their names in favor of
    - The Agent (Costner)
    - The Rookie ("Stone")
    - The Beat Cop (Connery)
    - The Accountant ("Wallace")

I suppose I could do the same for the bad guys
    - The Mobster (De Niro)
    - The Enforcer (Billy Drago)

• Options
    Eurosport Player's xbox login process is ... unintuitive

You download the app, select "login", it asks for your account details (email address and password, which I already have for an active account), but as soon as you enter your email address it doesn't allow you to enter a password and instead pops up a dialogue telling you they've emailed you a link telling you how to activate an account on Xbox live

The email says that in order to view Eurosport on xbox, you need to set up an account, and provides a link to the signup page (which I don't need, because I already have an account) which asks you to enter payment details

It turns out that it will only allow you to activate the account on xbox if you follow the link in the email while already logged in to your account on the machine you're using to view it, otherwise it won't activate and will instead dump you at the "enter payment information" page. Trying to log in again on the xbox will repeat the process

Their user support people do not consider this a problem

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    for those bros looking for a cheapo pc digital foundry built a sub-£500 pc and got better than ps4/xbone performance out of it

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-next-gen-digital-foundry-pc

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Anyway now I can watch the Strade Bianche on the big tv

• Options
    edited March 2014
    totally going to follow this up with Captain America: The First Avenger

edit: holy cow, costner

unexpected

edit again: that was a really good movie. Very enjoyable.

Tamin on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Mim wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I start volunteering on the 19th y'all! I'll be working at the busiest branch in Philadelphia.

Independence branch.

aiieeee.

o shi- 7th and market? that was my jaaaaaaaam in high school.

@Organichu

Yessss. We should celebrate (@elendil, @redx) and go to Shake Shack and walk around Philly. It is getting warmer.

sounds good to me. i work usually two of the three weekend days but i am free on fridays and mon-thurs after 4ish.

I'm free erryday.

so we just need @elendil and @redx to drop some scheds.

I am free on weekends, but work up in Stroudsburg so I can't really get down to Philly until around 7.

@Mim‌ @Organichu‌

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    my head hurts and it is my fault

• Options
    Spring-cleaning while listening to the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack.

But damn, isn't this line true:
    All you've gotta do is baby kick off your shoes and lay down. :whistle:

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I played Cave Evil last night with @Casual Eddy‌ and some other people

Definitely lost hard, but my only goal was to make our friend who was hosting lose

He's such a bastard about winning that it's still kind of like winning even if you never come close

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I will probably rant about this again, but this:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/06/politics/military-sex-assault/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

...makes my blood boil.

• Options
    Gah

Typing up assignment and have just realised that halfway through a question I have swapped a three for a five in an expression for no discernable reason. Need to rework it.

In other news interesting to see Songezo Jim holding his own with Bernie Eisel and Ian Stannard doing their best impression of a freight train.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yay another Netrunner tourney today!

Hopefully I do better than last time...

*sigh* It also bugs me that the store champ from last week is going. I mean, I know it's so he can get another alt art and maybe some prizes, but if he ends up winning it again...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Also, the Tourney Organizer is requiring us to bring 2 copies of the deck list.. One for the TO, one for our opponents.

Thinking on it, I think the second decklist is to show the opponent if there is a dispute. Because there's no way in hell that I am gonna show my decklist to my opponent before a game when the game is built entirely around secrecy and bluffing.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I will probably rant about this again, but this:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/06/politics/military-sex-assault/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

...makes my blood boil.

Makes me wonder, is this a unique US problem or is it "normal" for mixed militaries?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    i went to bed with brunch and day plans.
    i woke up with nada
    fuck this flakey earth

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    my head hurts and it is my fault

hEjjjLe.gif

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Man, I'm just boiling to tell you all about me and Winky's new game project...

But I'm gonna keep it a secret.

I'm gonna keep it a secret until PAX East 2015.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2014
    for those bros looking for a cheapo pc digital foundry built a sub-£500 pc and got better than ps4/xbone performance out of it

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-next-gen-digital-foundry-pc

I mean, I don't know what they ask for over in Euro-land for the consoles...

but yeah, I would hope a PC that costs more than twice what a PS4 costs, and 350 dollars more than an XBO, would be able to outperform either easily.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

I mean, I don't know what they ask for over in Euro-land for the consoles...

but yeah, I would hope a PC that costs more than twice what a PS4 costs, and 350 dollars more than an XBO, would be able to outperform either easily.

An xbox one is £450

• Options
    edited March 2014
    i have been fascinated by therpgsite recently

the people on it are so fucking hostile about rpgs they do and don't like and it boggles my mind

Vanguard on
  • Options
    2014 Astana kit looks incredibly cheap/tacky for some reason

MMWFu4R.jpg

This discussion has been closed.