Options

[TF2] Map Fortress 2: Pound Nails Into Your Dicks With Hammer!

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    as far as i'm concerned, specifically targeting someone who's using a bullshit loadout is really only griefing if you're spawncamping, or somehow screwing over your own team in the process, or just being a dick in the general non-gameplay sense
    Considering I was referring to:
    sarukun wrote: »
    But my solution to that is usually to roll Heavy and then spawn camp the shit out of the Engineer who thought it was a good idea to be a minisentry Engineer until they DC or change classes.
    Kana wrote: »
    When people start playing annoying minisents, I'll sometimes just switch to a deadringer spy with the red tape recorder. Sap it, walk away, make them wait forever for it to die. Do it again. Usually the engies take the message.

I guess we're in agreement then? Assuming using a gunslinger is now considered a bullshit loadout?

Sarukun, if spawn camping a person until they change from the class you don't like or DC entirely is the same to you as the main objective of the game, I don't know what to tell you.
    Endaro wrote: »
    I don't know what has changed in the game or the people playing it since I was last on that mini-sentries of all things are now the most complained about item, but some people intentionally griefing players for using mini-sentries is reminding me why I don't bother much anymore.

I don't understand how you could read through the last 2 or 3 pages and not even understand what the complaint is?
    I'm not disagreeing with your complaints on the last few pages, I'm saying if you consider a gunslinger worth griefing over you might want to stop and put some things in perspective.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Sarukun, if spawn camping a person until they change from the class you don't like or DC entirely is the same to you as the main objective of the game, I don't know what to tell you.
    I don't know what has changed in the game or the people playing it since I was last on that mini-sentries of all things are now the most complained about item, but some people intentionally griefing players for using mini-sentries is reminding me why I don't bother much anymore.

I don't understand how you could read through the last 2 or 3 pages and not even understand what the complaint is?
    I'm not disagreeing with your complaints on the last few pages, I'm saying if you consider a gunslinger worth griefing over you might want to stop and put some things in perspective.

Don't tell me shit, it ain't got nothing to do with you.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Last time I checked blowing up sentry guns is what spies are supposed to do?

How the heck is that griefing?

Hoho guys, I was playing sniper and I was totally griefing by always shooting the other teams' medic?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Hey, everyone stop being actually angry now. We were maintaining a pretty civil discussion there.

Remember how bad I am at clipping?

I mean, so bad.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014

Last time I checked blowing up sentry guns is what spies are supposed to do?

How the heck is that griefing?

Hoho guys, I was playing sniper and I was totally griefing by always shooting the other teams' medic?

I think it's the seeming hostile intent in how you said it that makes it sound grief-y,

"Sap it, walk away, make them wait forever for it to die. Do it again. Usually the engies take the message."

Also, when would we be able to hold another "_______ assholes" night

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Hey, everyone stop being actually angry now. We were maintaining a pretty civil discussion there.

I mean, so bad.

The worst.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    I would use the PA watch except I have way more trouble reading how much cloak I have left on it than on the vanilla watch.

Also Sarukun you need to try to not get so angry about video game things, it's come up a lot recently.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular

I mean, so bad.

I actually wish you were worse. I've gotten used to the bad clipping on most maps and get sad when I can't do the same thing on your stuff. Seriously, why can't I stand on the top edge of most of your windows?

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Hey since there are a lot of people posting again all of a sudden, who has the screenshot of Crash giving me the bedroom eyes? I desperately need to see it.

• Options
    I would use the PA watch except I have way more trouble reading how much cloak I have left on it than on the vanilla watch.

Also Sarukun you need to try to not get so angry about video game things, it's come up a lot recently.

I can't say I've ever looked at the watch itself to gauge how much I have left. I use the bar on my HUD.

I mean, so bad.

I actually wish you were worse. I've gotten used to the bad clipping on most maps and get sad when I can't do the same thing on your stuff. Seriously, why can't I stand on the top edge of most of your windows?

Suck it, player! My shit is the smoothest shit around!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    @SirToasty‌ I think that was Carnage, I'll ask him about it.

edit: He says it's not there for some reason. He's missing a bunch of screenshots somehow.

Victory!

1C74DE3CD4B4DC919FA0215C9B6B3B7677672DD9

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    AW

YISS

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular

I mean, so bad.

The worst.
    Crash is on the lamb for crimes against mapping.

• Options

If by "a lot recently" you mean that one time in Minecraft, sure.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    whoa, sarukun

calm down

• Options
    I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this any more.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Also, fuck snipers, amirite.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Snipers are okay, because at least they stand still so they're easy to shoot.

• Options
    yesterday I was goofing off on a valve server playing pyro, and I had a nice little streak of landing every flare and bouncing every rocket and killed a bunch of peeps

And some dude was on mic and he was like, "Whooaaa, check out that Kana player, he's crazy good at pyro!"

So I pretty much sighed and switched to sniper, because A) it was really just luck, I was really laggy, and b) now that he said that I'm obviously jinxed for the rest of the match

So now I'm being awful on sniper and missing everyone, and here comes up that dude who was on mic, and now he's a medic

and here comes 2 pairs of enemy heavy-medics on the other side

oh god damnit medic dude find someone else to heal - miss - noshit they're getting close and they're heading straight for me - miss - oh god damnit he's ubered me don't do that I am awful

Once I was ubered I bodyshot killed the further away medic, and then in desperation I ran up and got a lucky melee crit on the close one, and then we ran away from the angry heavies.

So now I have a friend request from someone who's sure I'm the baddest sniper around, and I'm going to have to avoid him so he never realizes the truth

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I don't know how much crossover this thread gets with the Whomp webcomic, but it's a pretty fitting story

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

You know you're doing well when the other team is telling you to fuck off.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    basically if you play sniper I'm already kind of irritated at you

if you taunt after every kill, I guarantee I will think you're an asshole

• Options
    edited March 2014
    the worst part is when you get a kill screen of a sniper who killed you

and there's like 18 different walls blocking his line of sight from where you died

I only died one second ago, how the fuck did he get over there already?!

Kana on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    the worst part is when you get a kill screen of a sniper who killed you

and there's like 18 different walls blocking his line of sight from where you died

I only died one second ago, how the fuck did he get over there already?!

This, but Heavies

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

You know you're doing well when the other team is telling you to fuck off.

"Goddamn it, Corehealer".

488W936.png
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    I do that every Friday against Crash.

No other PAer is better at walking into my arrows than him. I am a shit sniper in every other situation, but if you ever need a Weak Crash dead I'm your guy.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    It is acceptable to taunt when you know the other person is recording some sort of killstreak video

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Fuck you guys

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

I mean, so bad.

The worst.
    Crash is on the lamb for crimes against mapping.
    For future reference, the term is "on the lam".

Only demoknights are "on the lamb". Fuck demoknights, those guys are the worst.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I want to blame that on spell-check but no that was all me.

• Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Alright, huntsman sniper against Crash, demoknight against Ebo, Heavy against Turtleant, and Mini-sentries against anyone else... Are there any other secret weaknesses you guys have? I'm making a list.

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    My weaknesses are bullets, fire, arrows, rockets, bombs, gravity, impalement, trains and lasers.

• Options
    Targe Demos.

Fuck.

Those.

Things.

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    You guys really find targe demos that bad? I generally prefer them to the regular kind. Means not having to to deal with stickies. I play heavy and pyro a lot, and targe demos are easy as hell to deal with with those classes.

• Options
    I forgot to mention Walrus.
    Walrus is a weakness.

• Options
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    You guys really find targe demos that bad? I generally prefer them to the regular kind. Means not having to to deal with stickies. I play heavy and pyro a lot, and targe demos are easy as hell to deal with with those classes.
    If by you guys you mean pyro players with degreaser, flare, and axestinguisher, probably.

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    If by you guys you mean pyro players with degreaser, flare, and axestinguisher, probably.

See, the thing is I find one of the best antidotes for a demoknight is airblast juggling. I would think that pyro loadout would have an easy time of it. Airblast the demo in mid charge, flare him if you can, give him a quick puff of flames if you can't, then axtinguish him when he comes back down.

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    that presumes a loadout with airblast and the axtinguisher

• Options

See, the thing is I find one of the best antidotes for a demoknight is airblast juggling. I would think that pyro loadout would have an easy time of it. Airblast the demo in mid charge, flare him if you can, give him a quick puff of flames if you can't, then axtinguish him when he comes back down.

Less the demoknight, more the targe fire resistance. If you can puff and sting a targe demo, I'd be pretty dang impressed.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    targe demos are immune to afterburn now

This discussion has been closed.