As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So, what's a poke-ee-crawl?

2»

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    The Fanueil Hall area can handle quite a few bar crawls at a time, I wouldn't worry about crowding

While this may be true of your average 10-20 person bar crawl, this is quite untrue of the PokeCrawl. We have issues just fitting *our* crawl into Faneuil bars effectively.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    arsonisfun wrote: »
    The Fanueil Hall area can handle quite a few bar crawls at a time, I wouldn't worry about crowding

While this may be true of your average 10-20 person bar crawl, this is quite untrue of the PokeCrawl. We have issues just fitting *our* crawl into Faneuil bars effectively.

It depends on the bar. Can you confirm this is happening then?

PW0oFIs.png
    Like Bell in Hand and Clark's can more then handle us, Kitty O'Shea's not so much

PW0oFIs.png
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Just for information's sake, folks:
    PAX East last year was March 22-24. The official PAX East pokecrawl thread went up in early March, by my guesstimate (comparing last year's unofficial pokecrawl thread, which was closed in February, with the first post in the official thread in March). And March Madness kicked off the same day as the pokecrawl, so the pubs were HOPPING. Plus, and correct me if I'm wrong here, another pubcrawl was occurring the same evening as well (I THINK it was in the same area, but may not be correct)

That means, about 3-4 weeks prior to the event. This week marks 5 weeks prior to PAX. Don't start worrying until say, next week or the week after, is my feeling on the matter.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    The Pokecrawl cannot be stopped. It is forever or until it evolves into something else. But seriously, there's time.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I think the main thing most are forgetting is that who gives a goose about the other crawls? They aren't OUR crawl. #TeamGreen

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    Like Bell in Hand and Clark's can more then handle us, Kitty O'Shea's not so much

Kitty O'Shea's is gone so no worries there.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    did something take its place?

• Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    It was bought out and last time I walked by was still under renovations. New owners wanted to open it up as a 'classier' establishment. Who knows how long that will last, but I haven't spoken with anyone from there in a while.

Good Riddance.

PW0oFIs.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Is that the one where leftover people (aka I was one of them) walked across the street to some other bar? I liked that other bar to be honest.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • EagleAlphaXEagleAlphaX New JerseyRegistered User regular

Personally, I felt Clarke's was overcrowded for us and Kitty O'Shea's felt like it still had a lot of space. Granted, the other team at Kitty O'Shea's seemed like less people to me.

wjxmaepqs9k1.png
  • TheSeffTheSeff South Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Personally, I felt Clarke's was overcrowded for us and Kitty O'Shea's felt like it still had a lot of space. Granted, the other team at Kitty O'Shea's seemed like less people to me.

There's a lot more to Clarke's than most people used last year, a whole second side bar that was practically empty. I kept trying to tell Red B that there was more bar, but nobody budged. Oh well.

I am literally only registered on this forum for the PAX East PokeCrawl; Red Gold four years running. Feel free to ask questions regarding Boston Area bars, restaurants, attractions, etc around PAX East.
  • angrymonkeyfightangrymonkeyfight Captain Awesome Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Just for information's sake, folks:
    PAX East last year was March 22-24. The official PAX East pokecrawl thread went up in early March, by my guesstimate (comparing last year's unofficial pokecrawl thread, which was closed in February, with the first post in the official thread in March). And March Madness kicked off the same day as the pokecrawl, so the pubs were HOPPING. Plus, and correct me if I'm wrong here, another pubcrawl was occurring the same evening as well (I THINK it was in the same area, but may not be correct)

That means, about 3-4 weeks prior to the event. This week marks 5 weeks prior to PAX. Don't start worrying until say, next week or the week after, is my feeling on the matter.

The Thread bar crawl was the same night last year and the Bell in Hand overlapped with both. Thread crawl is moving to Seaport near convention center this year, so that shouldn't happen again unless people get REALLY lost.

• ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    A bar crawl at hotel bars? Those will not be cheap. Glad we're staying where we're at.

She says, before the thread goes up. Crap. I hope I didn't jinx anything :neutral_face:

ErickaJo on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    The seaport is also the name of the area, not just the hotel. I assume they mean the seaport district (which is right next to the Seaport hotel).

zerzhul on
  • ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I don't know the area well. I'm really only there once a year. I hope they have a great time :D

• angrymonkeyfightangrymonkeyfight Captain Awesome Boston, MARegistered User regular
    According to the Eventbrite, they mean seaport locations like Whiskey Priest (bar) and Harpoon (brewery).

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    well if the pokecrawl dont start up soon may have to hit that one up

• Rose_TylerRose_Tyler Ocean Township, NJRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    well if the pokecrawl dont start up soon may have to hit that one up

I'm sure we'll see something soon. The timing is right, at least.

Nurse Joy - team Red Gold 2012 - team Yellow Gold 2013 and 2014
    Pokecrawl planning committee 2014
  • Rose_TylerRose_Tyler Ocean Township, NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Would you look at that, the official thread is up!

Rose_Tyler on
    Nurse Joy - team Red Gold 2012 - team Yellow Gold 2013 and 2014
    Pokecrawl planning committee 2014
This discussion has been closed.