As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lush [chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Okay, so this happened:

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/sprinkles-cupcakes-opens-cupcake-atm-article-1.1734019

45 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A CUPCAKE DISPENSER?! I hate when people take so freaking long at the ATM. Like, "mutha fracka, did you not know what you wanted before you walked up to the machine?"

and what kills me is that they bypassed the actual bakery just to do the ATM. It became chic to use the ATM to get a cupcake instead of just going into the store.

...I will probably be standing in line for the ATM one day, but if it takes 45 minutes, I am walking into the store because cupcakes or I feed on chic Manhattanites.

pms3.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Okay, so this happened:

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/sprinkles-cupcakes-opens-cupcake-atm-article-1.1734019

45 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A CUPCAKE DISPENSER?! I hate when people take so freaking long at the ATM. Like, "mutha fracka, did you not know what you wanted before you walked up to the machine?"

and what kills me is that they bypassed the actual bakery just to do the ATM. It became chic to use the ATM to get a cupcake instead of just going into the store.

...I will probably be standing in line for the ATM one day, but if it takes 45 minutes, I am walking into the store because cupcakes or I feed on chic Manhattanites.

Do you know what people have fucking done in this city for cronuts

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    jacob you put spinach in a buger what eh flaming fuk

i had a PROPER BURGER made of PROPER BURGERS this evening ok

spinach AND CHEESE

it was next level

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    you think your dairy products will save you

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Last night I had a nightmare about just barely missing my stop on a bus and trying to get the bus driver to pull over to let me off and the bus driver getting all mad at me about it and me being all "I CAN'T BE LATE I'VE BEEN LATE EVERY DAY THIS WEEK", and then when I got to the generic workschool place that I had to be I went to the public showers to take a shower and my shirt fell in a puddle and I was like "NOW MY SHIRT IS GOING TO BE WET ALL DAY THIS IS AWFUL". I can only imagine that had I not woken up right there, I would've then found out that I had a presentation scheduled that I didn't know about and/or a test I had not studied for.

Fuck incredibly plausible nightmares.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    one burger

made of smaller burgers

fractalburger

burgers all the way down

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Fuck fuck fuck

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    You know, actually, I am going to say that I will never criticize a game developer for "being greedy" or blatantly trying to maximize the profits from their product ever again.

Look bitches we need to get paid.

been saying that for years now

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Okay, so this happened:

pms3.jpg

that didn't go where I expected it, but what a glorious ride

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Okay, so this happened:

Man, if it was Philadelphia, someone would've been shot.

Actually, that does not speak well of my city.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    one burger

made of smaller burgers

fractalburger

burgers all the way down

take a cheeseburger

wrap it in cheese

coat it in beef

put that in a bun with cheese

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Last night I had a nightmare about just barely missing my stop on a bus and trying to get the bus driver to pull over to let me off and the bus driver getting all mad at me about it and me being all "I CAN'T BE LATE I'VE BEEN LATE EVERY DAY THIS WEEK", and then when I got to the generic workschool place that I had to be I went to the public showers to take a shower and my shirt fell in a puddle and I was like "NOW MY SHIRT IS GOING TO BE WET ALL DAY THIS IS AWFUL". I can only imagine that had I not woken up right there, I would've then found out that I had a presentation scheduled that I didn't know about and/or a test I had not studied for.

My "nightmares" these days are just dreams about ordinary everyday stress, just a little worse than normal stress. Fucking up at work, getting in a fight with somebody.

I had a dream Harrison Ford died. It wasn't a huge thing in the dream, just "aw man a celebrity I like died."

scumbag brain

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    You know, actually, I am going to say that I will never criticize a game developer for "being greedy" or blatantly trying to maximize the profits from their product ever again.

winky

talkin incessantly bout this thing you will also kinda not talk about

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    So it's never going to happen, but the loss of free internet content would be worth it if we could tank advertising as an industry.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the anti-anxiety/depression meds will help with this. I get really nervous/anxious thinking about cards I want to put in my deck in Netrunner, and even more when I put my ideas out there for critique. It's why I don't post my writings publicly (or even start them in many cases). The simplest thing to do would be to just try my deck and see how it plays, but nooo.. I will instead just sit here and beat myself up. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    that didn't go where I expected it, but what a glorious ride

it speaks to me

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I wonder if the anti-anxiety/depression meds will help with this. I get really nervous/anxious thinking about cards I want to put in my deck in Netrunner, and even more when I put my ideas out there for critique. It's why I don't post my writings publicly (or even start them in many cases). The simplest thing to do would be to just try my deck and see how it plays, but nooo.. I will instead just sit here and beat myself up. :(

do it anonymously

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Athenor wrote: »

do it anonymously

Then I get nervous about people figuring out who I am. For instance, I've never applied for an alt at H/A, to my knowledge. Though I might've. I really can't remember.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    this feature list speaks to me

rtPNR6v.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Baby Koala Tries to Eat Leaves For The First Time

fuck yes i will click on that, internet

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    So it's never going to happen, but the loss of free internet content would be worth it if we could tank advertising as an industry.

seeing as how free internet content is being increasingly taken over by advertisers in bad journalism costumes anyway...yeah

• Options

winky

talking about the logistics of his project without revealing the title or subject matter

how different is that from any of us talking about work stress without revealing our company name or what we're working on?

• Options

winky

I want to talk about my life and the things that are in it

I just don't want you people to know the details

Is that so wrong?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I had a nightmare once that it was the last day of high school and I was informed I wouldn't be graduating. And the fucker just went on and on. Like it felt like I spent an entire day wandering kind of aimlessly through my high school being confronted by endless groups of people super psyched about graduation. It was just so soul crushingly depressing that it felt real. When I woke up I literally dug out my diploma despite knowing very well that I had graduated years ago.

Yeah, fuck dreams like that.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    My roommate saw me at pride talking in my voice. I have no idea how to handle this.

• Options

My "nightmares" these days are just dreams about ordinary everyday stress, just a little worse than normal stress. Fucking up at work, getting in a fight with somebody.

I had a dream Harrison Ford died. It wasn't a huge thing in the dream, just "aw man a celebrity I like died."

scumbag brain

Like, why can't my nightmares be about being chased by dinosaurs and running really slow anymore?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    you think your dairy products will save you

they already have

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    My roommate saw me at pride talking in my voice. I have no idea how to handle this.

I'd say honesty, but that could be really dangerous, possibly.

• Options

scumbag brain

Like, why can't my nightmares be about being chased by dinosaurs and running really slow anymore?

My kid nightmares were fucking rad.

Alien skyscapes and shit

these days I dream about work

fuck my life

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Okay, so this happened:

I TOLD YOU THAT IN CONFIDENCE!!!!!

• Options

winky

talking about the logistics of his project without revealing the title or subject matter

how different is that from any of us talking about work stress without revealing our company name or what we're working on?

it is purposefully coy and tittilating

oh man I am doing desktop imaging for this company and theyre just doing all this top secret military stuff

I mean i'd never tell you guys who theyre killing but oh man its so fucked up

like I cant believe they'll just pay me to install these things that help blow people up in these awful ways

• Options

winky

Is that so wrong?

yes wrong as fuk

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

winky

oh man I am doing desktop imaging for this company and theyre just doing all this top secret military stuff

like I cant believe they'll just pay me to install these things that help blow people up in these awful ways

So stop reading his posts if it bugs you.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    For my thesis, I'm working on analysing the focus and language of a shitton of newsreporting from Russia Today and BBC.

BBC isn't bad.

RT makes me want to throw up and punt baby wallabies.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

winky

Is that so wrong?
    Yes.

Also, you've just created a competitive niche which I intend to exploit.

An even weirder porn game that I will reveal to [chat] to monetise both the good will and the perverted nature of the average chat person.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Ah, but fuk is not wrong

scheckmate

• Options

winky

i never do this

i am full disclosure nicki

when i work on a new album u hear all about it

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

scumbag brain

I had a dream where @BEAST! and I attended this military-controlled, enormous, Versailles-sized maze of a multi-concert hall, where all the different concerts were behind doors in a tightly monitored hallway and you were supposed to find your way to the one you needed to go and enjoy your show. I don't know, I just had the sense of oppression, ok

in the rush of people Beast and I get separated and I run into Macklemore. Macklemore is distressed. He can't find his concert hall and he has to perform. Suddenly we find back ways and are running around like fugitives in the walls of this place, evading guards. We bond. He's totally into me. I'm flirting with him. Legit--we're going to do it.

Then the dream ended and I think the boot continued to stomp forever on the human face, but Macklemore was into me and the government was trying to eliminate us, so i think that means I'm a lesbian

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

winky

So stop reading his posts if it bugs you.

just as winky is welcome to continue to post about his secret porn game, i'm welcome to express that I find it offputting attention seeking behavior

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

In whose voice do you usually communicate?

This discussion has been closed.