As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fractions

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tav wrote: »
    my sister made me dinner and it was delicious

I miss my sister.

Though this won't happen as I'm a better cook than her, I think. She makes rad soups though.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Yugioh-cards are usually batshit crazy. Immovable forces and unstoppable objects all up ins.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    emnmnme wrote: »
    All modern consoles should have a vast library of old titles from older consoles I can download anytime I want. Every XBOX and XBOX 360 game ever made should be available for download on the Xbone.

But then they would have to not drastically change the hardware every 5 or so years and completely gut the history of videogaming. What would they do if they couldn't do that?

shryke on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    All modern consoles should have a vast library of old titles from older consoles I can download anytime I want. Every XBOX and XBOX 360 game ever made should be available for download on the Xbone.

But then they would have to not drastically change the hardware every 5 or so years and completely gut the history of videogaming in the process.

Master Race!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Why Relationships Don't Work

eh. hm. yes. there is a point there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

i'm not clicking this

i'm just going to sit here listening to depressing music

works much better

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    hello chat

how are things

paid off the remaining balance of my student loans on Friday. feels pretty good.

Nice

My auto Loan Is down to 3k. When that's paid off it should make balancing my budget a little easier.

yeah, not having the auto loan payments (got rid of those a few years back), and now the student loan payments, are a big win in feeling like there's progress being made in the savings department. plus the reduction in stress knowing that there is wiggle room in the budget is pretty boss.

June will be the end of the computer loan I got through my employer. July will be the end of my student loan. August will be the end of my Line of Credit balance. December is the end of my car payments.

2015 is going to be awesome.

yessssss. How much of the payments that you're making now do you plan on converting into savings 'payments'? 80%? 90%?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    shryke wrote: »

But then they would have to not drastically change the hardware every 5 or so years and completely gut the history of videogaming. What would they do if they couldn't do that?

I still think that that is exactly what Sony and Microsoft decided going into this generation.

For both of them to end up not only on the x86 architecture, but also on an AMD pipeline that not only has a fuckawesome future roadmap, but in a similar branch of said roadmap, leads me to think there was some behind-the-scenes collusion to make things easier for developers, and forwards compatibility.

The companies do not seem to hate their competitors; only the fans of these companies for some odd reason. A move like that would be a net benefit for all, and the hardware we ended up with is good evidence such conversations occurred.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I've had multiple PS2s and PS3s, and this weekend is the first I'm playing this. And I am full of happiness.

2014-03-30%2012.58.58.jpg

Variable‌

Ah, I would like to play that game.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    hello chat

how are things

paid off the remaining balance of my student loans on Friday. feels pretty good.

Nice

My auto Loan Is down to 3k. When that's paid off it should make balancing my budget a little easier.

yeah, not having the auto loan payments (got rid of those a few years back), and now the student loan payments, are a big win in feeling like there's progress being made in the savings department. plus the reduction in stress knowing that there is wiggle room in the budget is pretty boss.

June will be the end of the computer loan I got through my employer. July will be the end of my student loan. August will be the end of my Line of Credit balance. December is the end of my car payments.

2015 is going to be awesome.

yessssss. How much of the payments that you're making now do you plan on converting into savings 'payments'? 80%? 90%?

I will start with $100 every two weeks into an RSP, $100 every two weeks into a TFSA and $50 every two weeks into the company stock purchase plan (Company matches up to a certain amount of your salary, I think $100 a month is about where I max out).

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    so jealous

I am excited - never been to the Caribbean before.

Reckon I'll learn to scuba while I'm there. Always wanted to.

do it

i will be scuba diving in a week from now

i... could use some refresher reading material it's been like 2 years

Yeah I e-mailed my buddy who's a big hotshot diverman for advice. I think I'll try to do the classroom and pool learnin' at home.

I'm also kind of worried because I have sinus' that hate me, but I can't alone on that one so we'll see.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    That will leave me with about $1000 a month I can contribute towards saving for a down payment on a condo.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Debt is the worst and saving is the best. Good on you bruv.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    halp

I lobstered myself in the shower

• Options
    Is that

Is that a sex thing?

• Options
    I'm bored. I would go to a comedy show, but no one I know is up for it and I don't really know people who are gonna be on tonight.

Bleh.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

the fuck is "out of integrity"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Is that

Is that a sex thing?

No, like

Too hot (not uncomfortably so but enough to make you dizzy when you step out), too long, skin's a bit red

Kinda exhausted

Feel very clean tho

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

There are some good ideas, some bad ideas, some confusion over what it means to "work" and some confusion over what love is.

I would not really take this to heart!

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Basically, that's awesome, Nova.

• Options
    Ah. Yeah I love me a hot shower. Shit for my skin though, which is lame.

• Options
    I have been in various levels of debt since 2002. So this is turning into a pretty good year.

• Options
    Speaking of which, this game seems heavily inspired by Ico and SotC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHgrSnEpwfY

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

There are some good ideas, some bad ideas, some confusion over what it means to "work" and some confusion over what love is.

Yeah pretty much.

All spiritual mumbo-jumbo aside, I still want somebody to snuggle with, somebody to pick me up from the dentist when I'm groggy, somebody to call when I've had a bad day, somebody to dance with me at concerts, somebody who knows me well enough to lend a new perspective to my problems, and somebody who enjoys accepting my penis in various orifices.

This can all be the same person, or an assortment of different people, but I don't need a relationship to be all YOU COMPLETE ME to "work."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

wow yeah for real

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    And I'm 34. I really, really need to start thinking about where I'll be at 60 or 65.

The company I work for is really good regarding all that. There is a company pension, a mortgage assistance program, various deals with other companies for discounts (We get a discount with Audi for some weird reason I can't fathom). Not to mention the financial perks of living in a proscribed zone (The North gets certain tax breaks from the government).

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Yaaaay three hour drive with the last part being in thick fog is over!

I love the dot matrix signs on the motorway informing me if the fog and urging caution

I may not have noticed the visibility being down to three metres otherwise

Casual on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Sitting under shower faucet helped. Now I am hungry.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »

Yeah pretty much.

All spiritual mumbo-jumbo aside, I still want somebody to snuggle with, somebody to pick me up from the dentist when I'm groggy, somebody to call when I've had a bad day, somebody to dance with me at concerts, somebody who knows me well enough to lend a new perspective to my problems, and somebody who enjoys accepting my penis in various orifices.

This can all be the same person, or an assortment of different people, but I don't need a relationship to be all YOU COMPLETE ME to "work."

Yeah.

To be fair, a lot of general relationship and love advice you see kinda falls apart when viewed through a poly lens.
    Because most poly philosophy is actually worth more than the bits that store it, unlike most everything else I see on relationships :rotate:

• Options
    I've never heard the phrase "out of integrity" before.

• Options

My first thought? Dude was married. :P

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

wow yeah for real

Rime? I'm getting a Myst vibe from it though I never played Ico or SotC.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9KDQoznJwE

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I miss my sister.

I haven't seen her in forever.

It's hard to be near her though.

• Options

My first thought? Dude was married. :P

Mine too.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    I miss my sister.

I haven't seen her in forever.

It's hard to be near her though.
    You can borrow mine, she's ok.

• Options
    71WNPmT.png

damn andy

damn

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Holy shitballs I'm tired.

I think I expended a weeks worth of energy yesterday and now I'm spent.

Considering how much I have to do this week that was not wise.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    "Out of integrity" obviously means you are acting unethically, because you have depleted your integrity resources and have to sleep at an inn to restore them.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I got my paycheck today

$9.95 after taxes

boss gave me a .25 cent an hour raise for a job well done last week, payroll put my total hourly pay as 25 cents an hour

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

my god

update: my boss called his boss, the CIO, who called the CFO, who was at a thing with the CEO and they called the head of payroll who got back to me and promised to fix it

I was told I should frame that pay stub and hang it in my cubicle because this has never happened before

like, is this like a critical failure in RPG terms? i don't even

This discussion has been closed.